Is stretching for soyboys?

Is stretching for soyboys?

Attached: 67982988-195A-404F-B9D5-13D5ED412CF1.jpg (593x600, 33K)

Yup, don't ever stretch, ESPECIALLY if you're lifting weights. Stretching reduces testosterone and hurt your gains.

Yes because only soyboys sitcel long enough for it to be necessary.

are you by chance Australian?

Doesn't stretching before lifting actually decrease the max weight you can do as well as increase injury chance more?

I figured everyone just stretched in bed because it felt good.

Force production is decreased when stretching before lifting. But as for the injury chances, I read that risk of injury is the same as those who stretch before running and those who don't stretch before running.
I would definitely use stretching as a recovery method though.

I used to not stretch because I didn't want to. I started stretching recently and it feels really good. I always do it after a workout though.

I think static stretching does.

Yes static stretching before your body is warmed up is a ticket to snap city.

How the fuck are you gonna roundhouse someone in the head if you don't stretch those muscles you fucking gaywad?

stretch you motherfuckers
i tore my rotator cuff because i didn't warm up and stretch. instead i just went into the game and fucked my shit up

Also loading sets and warmup sets will make you weaker since your body decides that you’re strong enough to do those weights, why put out more effort

Lol fag

I fucking hate this board

No. Almost every fighter does it. Especially for high kicks. So if you think these people who could whoop your ass are soyboys what does that say about you?

Before yes. You should do a dynamic warmup followed by your workout then a static stretch cool down. Or do a warm up and stretch on your off days to stay active.

Good. Leave and never return.

It does
What i usually do on compounds is three sets with lighter weights to warm up and THEN,right before i get to my working sets,i static stretch
Doing it prior warm up is a good way to tear your shit

I'll keep this in mind for the next time I start high kicking shit around the gym

Why, sweetie?

No retard.

By the way, joint mobility isn't just how stretched a muscle (quad in pic related) can get, but also how much the one on its opposite (ham) can be compressed, among other things of course. This compression, while uncontrolled is often painful and the muscle is generally weak in that point of the range. So you gotta get them neuromuscular units active. Stretch like in pic related, then you consciously contract the hamstring and the calf, instead of making solely passive movements using an external force, your hand. You hold for a few seconds, then relax, still in the position. Repeat.

The point of this is primarily becoming more aware of muscle contractions and positioning of different segments. With this comes more mobility.

Attached: quad2.png (540x360, 26K)

this.

I couldn't bench for months after tearing my rotator because I just jumped straight on the bench.

Warm up your muscles and spend a few minutes stretching them out for 8-10s at a time, especially your shoulders and rotator cuffs.

haha fag

Fuck off, faggot

Attached: 1470956630248.jpg (233x267, 15K)

I just do a basic routine like in the beginning of gym class and there's no way it'll ever be a problem
Then I come here and you guys say welllllll ackshually you're going to die if you do that here are 15 studies proving I'm right
please tone down your collective autism

Do dynamic stretches before lifting to warm up your muscles/tendons/ligaments, basically to make sure you'll be able to lift with proper form and the max ROM you already have. Do static stretches post-lifting in order to increase your ROM, but make sure you wait a while post-lifting, or do it way before you lift. Doing static stretches right before lifting decreases force production and increases risk of injury, doing static stretches immediately post-lifting doesn't actually increase your ROM because you're trying to stretch while your muscles are pumped (static stretching increases ROM by stretching your tendons and ligaments. If your muscles are pumped you aren't able to stretch far enough to actually lengthen the tendons and ligaments: your pump effectively inhibits any mobility gains from stretching).