Snab ciddy

>deathlifts
>small pop
>slight but instantly recognizable pain

What did i do? its been 2 days and it still hurts i dont want to go to doctor for something that will heal.

Did i snap something? if so what?

Was it a "disc slip?"

worried help

Attached: Back-pain-symptoms-Feeling-unwell-with-your-back-pain-could-be-a-warning-sign-800789.jpg (590x350, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=riq-DfDDimc
youtube.com/watch?v=9SKuFe2SERs
youtube.com/watch?v=zF2EO9UGOS4
emedicine.medscape.com/article/93635-overview
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129249
southeasternspine.com/spinal-procedures-treatments/spinal-anatomy-and-conditions/herniated-disc/
laserspineinstitute.com/herniated_disc/symptoms/numbness/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 40hours.jpg (300x215, 57K)

Why were you deadlifting?

El disco resvalado....
But yo, go to the doctor and deadlift and squat light from now on.
If the pain feels like it shoots down your back hip and leg you probably got sciatica. Its a bitch, but at least you didnt paralyze yourself. Take it easy

lmfao 3pl8

nah this is the third time i got snappies from deathlifts im done with the exercise.

I just want to know exactly what happened.

Its lower back right at the base of my spine. no leg pain other than slight doms

Attached: 1520874062482.jpg (300x450, 56K)

prob your si joint

No. WHY were you fucking deadlifting in the first place?

Not sure in that case. Could be a sprain or tear near the spinal erectors?
You can mostly self diagnose sciatica at home. Sit on a surface with your feet off the ground and slowly raise one leg at a time. Pain? Positive diagnosis usually.

what?

deadlift excercise where form is the most important.

What what?

LMAO learn how to do it right before you load it up man. Geez.

>falling for the diddle meme

I don't understand how people get to snap city. I'm not a strong guy (1.5/2.5/3.25/4.5) but the only times I got close were when doing leg extensions and when I was squatting above parallel, and it was just light pain on my left knee. A guy from my gym got a herniated disc from doing squats with 100kg, while OP's back almost snapped with fucking 3pl8s, how the fuck is this possible? Is your form that shitty? Do you have shit genetics?

im just startled by the retardation of your question

Here's some deadlift pro tips that help you nail it a hundred percent of the time.

1. Bend at your knees not at your waist when grabbing the waist.

2. Deadlift is a push not a pull. E.g. use your legs not your back.

3. breathe properly. Take a deep breath and brace your core before your rep.

BOOM. Secret to easy AF 4 pl8 diddly

I meant when grabbing the bar. Fuck me.

>don't want to go to the doctor for something that will heal
>worried help

You are an idiot. Go to the doctor. You don't know if it will heal because you don't know what it is.

>snaps his shit on girl weight
>calls stronger lifters retard

>when grabbing the waist

pls deadlift me daddy I'm only a 1plate dl

some people cant afford the doctor dum dum

got the same thing. just don't deadlift or squat until it goes away. shouldn't take more than a couple weeks. and preferably don't deadlift at all after that because it's a meme exercise

Attached: 1512512163187.gif (379x387, 83K)

ya im not doing it anymore. I think its a re-occuring injury. 3rd time its happened in like 4 years

Then just fucking die poorfag lmaoing at your life get a job

u seem like an overly hostile little nigger shit how does it feel?

Attached: DSqG769UMAAG8Io.jpg (1200x1200, 188K)

At least I DL more than 3plate

congrats bud

That's a different reason to not go to the doctor. OP said he didn't want to go for something that would heal, which is fucking stupid.

youtube.com/watch?v=riq-DfDDimc

Bump

Attached: image.jpg (835x1198, 143K)

>"it's a meme exercise"
>badly_drawn_chink_cartoon.gif
You're a meme.
It's not "deathlift", it's deadlift. Your form is probably shit. No, you didn't "slip a disc" or you wouldn't be walking around like nothing happened. No, deadlifts don't cause disc herniations but bulging disc after years and years of constant awful form. Your lumbar region and probably your erector in general is weak. Deadlifting _more_ is the solution, with half the weight and with a real focus on form. The "pop" (assuming you heard one) was synovial fluid. The "pain" you have (assuming you have one) is nothing more than muscular cramps.

for 3 days? its not doms

abso-fucking-lutely. You'd not be fucking around if it were something different (and it can't be).
You know, solutions and tips have been posted, but it seems that the purpose of the thread is just to shitpost. Look at or (not mine btw), all without answers. I feel this is a meme thread made up by some DYEL weeb or something.

>No, deadlifts don't cause disc herniations
yes they literally can
No, you didn't "slip a disc" or you wouldn't be walking around like nothing happened.
you actually can. as long as the disc doesn't touch a nerve you'll hardly feel any pain

i hang from a bar and foam rolling it is absolutely necessary. look up back decompression stretches because you gotta decompress it and let it heal for a week or two

ya I heard this as well. Maybe hanging would help

the video that was posted sounds like completely insane bro science. If i tore something in my back i dont think deadlifts will help it heal

You're a fucking idiot.

>1. Bend at your knees not at your waist
NO, you HINGE at the HIP, your anthropometry will determine how much knee flexion you have in the starting poistion

why the fuck cant ANYONE take the time to learn the hip hinge

go ahead and cite some fucking citations that show the best way to heal a fitness injury is to work that injury immediately afterwards

hanging is also how i heal shoulder injuries

probably a slight herniated disc, I've has small ones and I've had big ones before. They can really fucking suck but aren't the end of the world like a mcl tear.

Stretches and rehab for lower body for 2-4 weeks, followed by only light-medium weight on spine for 2-4 weeks.
youtube.com/watch?v=9SKuFe2SERs

Attached: 1504715638841.jpg (229x220, 11K)

>No, deadlifts don't cause disc herniations but bulging disc after years and years of constant awful form.

this isn't true, deadlifts can absolutely cause a disc herniation in a single instance of form breakdown or sometimes even without any form breakdown at all, anybody who has spent a few years training seriously knows this and also knows how ridiculous your statements are

it's perfectly fine to love the deadlift and accept the risks of doing it, i've been deadlifting since 2010 and so far i'm just fine, but misleading people as to the possible risks is not a good thing

hell there's a guy in /plg/ who posted his perfect form 245lb triples on deadlift, which apparently resulted in a herniated disc, and one of the strongest trips on there doesn't even think conventional deadlifts should be used as a primary lift if you don't compete because the risk is unnecessarily high (in his opinion, anyway)

Where's the pain? Is it localized or does is spread down your glute/hamstring? Is it along your spine or just above your glute?

This guy is right

Attached: 42A9CFBC-A7D7-4DBD-8C88-9DA66C3BDFD9.jpg (750x934, 466K)

>not mentioning once the bar passes your knees you need to squeeze your glutes as if you were thrusting with the force of a thousand suns into a sea of virgins

The pain is on the small of my back to the left side.

it's too late, you're in my spreadsheet now

your sacrifice will be remembered and maybe help us know what the snappiest lifts/most common snap types are

Attached: injury stats.png (481x106, 5K)

you tweaked it
motion is the lotion hombre

What is tweaking

he definitely didn't herniate a disk or there wouldn't even be a question of whether to go to the doctor or not this nigga would be in the hospital asking for painkillers already if that were the case

You're a retard. Don't give advice here.

>t. 6 plate deadlift, no injuries

common misconception, but no, not all herniated discs feel like being shot in the spine, some of them just have some moderate sciatica pain and shit

a lot of the population is walking around with asymptomatic herniated discs actually

you strained it, something pulled a little too hard
do deadlifts, rdls, squats slow and steady with no weight and focus on posture and control, maybe some hamstring stretches too to get the blood flowing into the area
it'll be fine in a few days

yeah sure buddy keep pulling that shit out your ass
the only misconception here is you thinking a little back pain is a herniated disk

If you herniated a disc you wouldn’t be able to walk. I herniated a disc at L5-S1 and was crawling around on the ground like Leo in The Revenant for weeks

Attached: 8919A8F8-9D27-4AB7-92B2-2B38870D76C5.jpg (634x308, 41K)

Wrong, you cannot slip a disc in a single DL event. Feel fee to post one MRI showing the opposite (you won't find a single one)
Any MD will suggest to keep exercising and prevention is done with exercise. "DL is the most dangerous compound" is a fucking bullshit.
You didn't even watched that video nor checked the description nor checked who that guy is nor checked on fucking Google what is the best treatment for these events before spewing your bullshit, you're here just to shitpost. You didn't reply to the other guys as well and you don't reply to simple self diagnostic test. Fuck off..

youtube.com/watch?v=zF2EO9UGOS4

Listen to everything this man says. Probably one of the most well respected men in bodybuilding and powerlifting history

user speaks the truth.
There was a population study done on normies and it was found that a lot of people have minor herniated disks

emedicine.medscape.com/article/93635-overview
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129249

Attached: hernia.png (250x228, 41K)

southeasternspine.com/spinal-procedures-treatments/spinal-anatomy-and-conditions/herniated-disc/

>The symptoms of a herniated disc can vary depending on its location and the soft tissue involved. You may feel little or no pain if the disc is the only tissue injured.

laserspineinstitute.com/herniated_disc/symptoms/numbness/

>Not all herniated discs are painful, and they can often go undetected without an MRI. But, in the event that a nerve root has been affected by a herniated back disc, nearly any part of the body can experience symptoms, not just the neck and back.

Attached: 1519256518350.png (213x237, 7K)

Just keep moving around user, if it were serious you wouldnt be able to make this post

wrong

see

He seems like a really smart man but that’s not Big Lenny

yes it's likely a small hernia. the disc popped out of place and now the nerve is hitting the vertebrae. if you rest for a week it will stop hurting but you will forever be at risk of it happening again. I went through the same, I know it sucks.

Attached: WELCOME TO SNAP CITY POPULATION - YOU.png (800x800, 522K)

these are both bullshit especially that "study"

these are both trying to get you do operations

this guy didn't herniate shit you fairyboys

I think i hit snap city in my right knee. I was snapping branches by stomping on them but missed the branch and at the full length of the stomp and i smash into the ground and now my knee hurts

when you get proven wrong on the internet, you have two choices

1. go "oh ok i was mistaken" and go about your day
2. double down and prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that you're a complete fucking retard

predictably, because this is Veeky Forums, you chose 2

Attached: 1519251769641.png (394x450, 17K)

I've tried to link McGill books and bids in the past but they won't listen, it can't be helped

Christ man some of you are soft as baby shit.
Have you never had bumps and bruises before?

This shit happens to me every time I go heavier. Recently it happened after my last set on Friday. It usually takes 1 week to not hurt anymore, but I think my main problem comes from a weak core.

Every back injury is 100% recoverable and it's never a life sentence

Attached: images (12).jpg (384x384, 12K)

so do we just hinge at the waist and pull with our back, and not brace our core?

thanks for the advice user, im sure to make much better gains now!

Attached: fracturetown.jpg (1656x1254, 1.35M)

you know i think is actually occurring? i think that you're a little faggot who doesn't know anything about this shit but so desperately wants to believe that a tweak from a big lift is a herniation so you can rationalize why you don't do hard exercises

>bids
*vids

>stomp the ground with my foot
>knee hurts

Yeah man you're right guess i bruised my knee fucking retard

>cite some citations

Wouldn't it be better to cite an actual reference, ya retard?

nice strawman, he didn't even provide his own form cues though

the ones in are fucking retarded

you do not bend at your knees and not at your waist when grabbing the bar, the deadlift is not a fucking squat, this dumb shit will just result in your hips shooting up as soon as you actually begin the pull

i deadlift more than you though??

Attached: 1520025442413.png (866x900, 108K)

if that were the case you wouldn't be so fucking stupid talking about this shit

what do you pull?

if it's less than 500, your opinion is absolutely worthless and you're weaker than i was at 17 years old

BTW, everything he says (keep moving, don't stop exorcising the core,avoid yoga and Pilate's and aggressive static stretching) is petty much a chapter of one of McGill's latest books

Fucking autocorrect,
*exercising
*Pilates
*pretty

>nice strawman
Thanks bro

>you do not bend at your knees and not at your waist when grabbing the bar

so, how do you reach the bar? bend spine into horseshoe? smooth criminal like michael?

Attached: 1509003025249.jpg (1442x587, 58K)

you can recover up to the point where you don't feel any symptoms for a while but it will always be looming over you. I know my shit, I have had this for years. If I strictly do my stretches, sleep well, don't train like an idiot I will be fine. but it only takes one a little fuck up and the symptoms come back. I will never have the same resilience as chad who can do do whatever in the gym, not care about shit and be 100% fine.

>chad-hominem

Attached: 1507578388724.jpg (445x372, 63K)

no, you hinge at your hips you fucking mongoloid

that's what everyone in this thread who deadlifts appreciable weight has been trying to tell you, fuck off

Attached: quakemaster.jpg (615x409, 30K)

Not him
Ripped Toes tends to arch a little the*upper* back while keeping the rest of the back in neutral position
It's anyway generally totally acceptable and practiced to perform the first portion of the lift with the aid of your quads, especially if you are lifting heavy, just for the liftoff

No, look up McGill and stop doing stretches.

so, straight-leg deadlift?

stop being a pedantic retard

obviously the deadlift involves knee flexion, but the cue of "don't bend at the waist bro just bend at knees to grab bar bro" is fucking stupid

Snapped my shit up doing quarter squats 3rd time doing them didn't know any better and loaded 185. Lanky 6'2 160lbs. Bam back collapse basically bed ridden for 3 months. Took about a year to be 90% and now I'm better than ever. Used to love running and up until this year it would feel tight af after more than 10 mins.Funny thing is it never affected my deadlift

ah, yes, the guy who made a fortune as a physiotherapist because his patients always had to come back for years of treatment become they never fully healed. his philosophy literally is, find a way to make your patient worse so you can tell them what *not* to do. it's just a wild trial and error game.

careful with those absolutes there user, not even mcgill is this optimistic about his shit

if this were the case no powerlifter would ever have a career ending back injury but it happens, some injures are serious enough to leave you compromised forever

i'm going to see a doctor this week for my back pain. it gets really bad in my lower back and it goes through my ass into my thigh and down into my ankle. im almost positive it's sciatica but i read sciatica usually only happens to one side of the body. for me it's usually my right side but every once in a while it's left and rarely both. what am i likely in for? i've read stuff from "it'll go away on its own in 4 weeks" to "you need surgery to fix this" and i don't think i'm either because it's been happening for 2 years but i can still live and work it's just very painful and sometimes i have to stop what i'm doing to stand up straight and let my back feel a little better

What? You're either a fucking idiot or totally disinformed. He's a professor and the most respected expert on spine injuries worldwide. He totally recovers awful cases without surgery and forever. Every other powerlifter and bodybuilder knows the big three. Some of his books have been posted here as well, check the archive for docdroid links. Only if you are interested in getting rid of your pain, maybe you like to make your shitty physiotherapist rich.