Should i lift for hypertrophy or strength? On one hand it would be nice to see some nice gains ok my buddy...

Should i lift for hypertrophy or strength? On one hand it would be nice to see some nice gains ok my buddy, but lifting without seeing much progress in your lifts seems counterproductive

Attached: 521DCC62-B21B-49DB-8488-14802F1947C5.jpg (1080x739, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m8wZNGL4iA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

o boy let's see where this thred goes

:^) cmon now op I really hope you weren't trying to actually get your question answered

strength, as long as you don't bloatmaxx, you should still look good/athletic.

I want to hear both sides. And then i will choose what makes most sense. Pic not related but it makes people mad and therefor more honest

Alright, we're three replies in. Nobody do anything crazy now.
Try it and you'll gravitate toward one option

Attached: SharpImmediateHare-size_restricted.gif (584x251, 1.28M)

youtube.com/watch?v=m8wZNGL4iA4

I do both. i do the candito six week program and add on a lil bit of bodybuilding volume every workout. im pretty lean, squat 325, bench 210, and dl 385

Attached: Snapchat-1827324262.jpg (1080x1920, 465K)

Hmm i see. And strenght baded exercisrs are low reps/sets but max weight right? So instead of doing 4x8 of bench press (example) with low/medium weight im doing now, i should strive for 3x5 with high weight. Right?

Attached: 23A8CCDF-940B-4726-A4EA-5F41199882BC.jpg (750x1334, 250K)

saged, hidden and reported

>vague question that has been dissected and discussed in depth litally 1gorillion times before
>race bait image

haha wow guys don't get off topic silly nazis

Attached: 02386d9407a898b42ea0e5c8de6988104eda7c361cd9c5e2f77afaa2bb915307.jpg (548x960, 74K)

Do both, do 5x5 on Bench Press, Overhead Press, Squat, Barbell Rows, and 1-3x5 Deadlifts.
Then fill in the rest of your workout with 8-12x3 of other exercises. That way you'll be progressing as well as looking bigger.

Looks nice (no homo) im quite noob. Can you explain the bb volume you do?

There is literally no reason why you cant do both

3-5x5 on compounds
3-4x10-12 on accessories

Do compounds first, alternate any conflicting compounds. So do OHP then Bench, then the next week do Bench then OHP. Squat/deads, ect.

The only question then is how you do it, full body, 2 day, 3 day or PPL split. And if you actually look at how often you work out on all of those you'll realize it doesn't matter in terms of volume. In a three week period you actually hit the same workout days per body part for any way you split it.

Just remember that you should be more worried about form and range of motion than the actual weight. Dont be like one of these SS guys who just cheats their way to higher weights.

yeah sure. So on the upper body days. (candito is upper lower split. look up the program its great) i add in some extra shoulder work and back work. Sometimes i do a few extra sets of shoulders on a leg day. just kind of play it by what feels good. dont overwork something if it feels wrong. just work on lagging bodyparts with isolation exercises on top of your compounds.

It doesn't have to be race bait, but you failures get autist explosions whenever a black person is mentioned in some sort of way

Makes sense. Is 5/3/1 BBB a good mix you think? Wait people seriously only do 1 sets of deadlifts?

from what I understand, 5x5 is the best middle ground. desu though, you will eventually have to make a choice, but that will be maybe a couple of years into lifting, and by then, you will know what you really want. There's a bunch of shit on t-nation talking about set/rep schemes and how to use them, look it up.

I train like 5-6 days a week and try to hit each muscle group twice. Is it overkill? A friend told me 4 times + hot each muscle once a week is best

your hot but you look like the guy who shot up the church with black people but he was hot too : 0

I made better gains with PPL one on one off. 6 days a week was worse for me personally.

Common man, you know and I know that that was the intent. It's a fucking question entirely down to preference with an unrelated bait image.

I know bait threads are probably get the most posts besides a few generals but at least most of them are funny to some degree.

Attached: 0f92a313c38b843a62be0e51787fc8df6023506e184146b6a87104169733f067.jpg (960x720, 155K)

>I train like 5-6 days a week and try to hit each muscle group twice. Is it overkill?
The most common splits are all the same for volume pretty much. Full body does more days, but often with less exercises since its more intense.

I think when you pick your days pick what works for you in terms of time more-so than effectiveness in workout.

Attached: Capture.png (740x341, 15K)

just do both, 5/3/1 and then add a ton of hypertrophy work.

Or layne nortons PHAT
steve shaw Power Muscle Burn
brandon lily cube method

Alright gotcha. Will a strenght focused compound workout be useless if im on a caloric deficit? Or will it just take longer to progress in strenght?