What the FUCK is the story on the adonis belt? Google around all you get is pop fitness articles and differing opinions...

What the FUCK is the story on the adonis belt? Google around all you get is pop fitness articles and differing opinions. Some say it's just a ligament that shows up at low bf, some say it's a muscle. Wtf is it and how do I get it?

Attached: 28wj88w.jpg (266x400, 23K)

Its both, plus partially genetics.

Train core, lower body fat, pull underwear quarterway down your asscrack. Easy.

Flex your abs during the day. That’s how I got it doing it obsessively as a kid. maintained with full reach crunches

>adonis belt
I think you mean Zeus' Fannypack

i have it but i dont pull it off because of the pubis hair showing, its just low bodyfat and abs insertions

It's literally just the inguinal ligament, covers the neurovasculature of the femoral triangle

t. med student

I thought everyone had one.

you mean aphrodites backpack? just do leg raises

I don't think so. Palpated my own inguinal and it doesn't line up with my adonis.. nor does it go high enough. Everyone's adonis belt differs but my own goes an inch or two above the illiac crest before reaching the side of my body. Inguinal ligament is consistently from the ASIS to the pubis

>inguinal
>illiac crest
>ASIS
Too many terms I didn't understand.

/thread
Everyone has it, you have to drop body fat before it can be seen and since everyone's body is slightly different the amount of body fat is hard to guess.

I had to drop sub 8% for it to show. Was not able to maintain it and it started to vanish around 10% body fat.

Strange. Lines up pretty much spot on for me
Landmarks on the pubic bones
ASIS is the anterior superior iliac spine

I'm a fat fuck at like 17% bf and i have it. do squats and deadlifts

Pretty sure it's largely genetic. Even at my absolute leanest with a highly visible six pack, I didn't have the taper or adonis belt.

It looks weird when fatties have it. Only looks good at low BF

I have it with no abs training and even when I had a high bf% bulking it seemed to get even more prominent. Currently it's vascular as fuck l I have no idea why

yeah my core is too big for my bf. I kinda have a gut. it's weird

It’s all genetics. I’ve been skinnyfat to fat to skinnyfat to really fat back to skinnyfat, never really fit and can be seen easily on me.

>genetics

If you are born with narrow hips, you get this for free.

Shave, degenerate

>Zeus' Fannypack
I think you mean Apollo's Satchel

they are oblique muscles and the line is created by how closely they attach to the pelvis

No he's talking about Poseidon's bug-out-bag

As others have said, I have the adonis belt at 22% BF. It showed up around 25%. It obviously doesn't have nearly the same effect as it would if I had a 6-pack, but I'm pretty sure it's genetic.

I have an adonis belt around 18% bf, its pretty pronounced. Done Muay Thai for years though.

Hades' hand clutch

I think you mean Hade’s handbag

No, you're thinking of Hermes' Messenger Bag

A lot of swimmers get this easily. Knew a guy who swam in highschool and hasn't done anything remotely active in months, still has his V, it's pretty hot ngl

It's two muscles that show when they are well developed and under a thin enough layer of fat that they show:The internal oblique and the transversus abdominus.

Can I ever get this with wide hips

Everyone has one but not everyone can get one since it depends on how your body stores bodyfat.

No it isn't, it's the lower portion of the obliques.

t. Physiotherapist who knows more than a typical know-it-all med school brainlet.

>Flex your abs during the day. That’s how I got it doing it obsessively as a kid. maintained with full reach crunches
Im glad im not the only autistic person who just flexes their abs 24/7

The circle are clearly indicating
Zyzz's Z's

from personal research

>hanging leg raises
>stomach vacuums
>cable choppers for obliques

additional ab work and frequently done, like say 4x week, with overload progression is required too

or be born with the genetics for it

>these don't come naturally for everyone?

Something gays obsess over

>barely visible relaxing
>the moment I push my lower abs a bit shit pops out like crazy alongside my abs than now appear fully visible and obliques too

the fuck, do I need contest bf%for them?

It's your obliques being larger than the width of your hips. Legit can get an adonis belt in a year by spending a day focusing core. It's an almost guarantee for any male to get one, even dudes with child bearers,

I had one when i was a skeleton, so i think it relates to bodyfat.

The only thing that *trains* this is stomach vacuums. There is a muscle behind that ligament which will push it forward and make it more visible if it is bigger.

No i think a guy covered it, its pronounced because of narrow hips. If however it is a goal you will have to get alot leaner

wrong, I have childbearing hips and I had this before I even got fit, when I was skinnyfat. Anecdotally I used to do stomach vacuums a lot when I was a kid

I only know about cable choppers, landmine bar twist and hanging leg raised to the side for obliques
any other goat exercises for them that doint fuck up the spine?

thinking of doing the hanging raises or landmine alternated with the choppers so I dont just do choppers 3x week

Dragon flags, deadlifts with core activation, and those total body crunches while hanging also hit it for me. it seems I'm quite lucky and get it to show quite easily.

now if only I could fix my narrow shoudlers....