Weightlifting v. Powerlifting

Veeky Forums seems to be a powerlifting board, but let's discuss the pros and cons of each.

Attached: powerlifting-olympic-barbel.jpg (600x270, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

one is for weight

the other is for power

And it's not the way you'd think.

fuck this made me kek

One is for athletes who take steroids responsibly
One is for obese people who can't even eat responsibly

Attached: athletic.jpg (350x490, 189K)

power is force over time so oly is more "power" lifting than Powerlifting^^TM

For me, Olympic weightlifting seems more like an actual sport, with real athleticism involved. But I do think powerlifting is impressive.

I sincerely do not know the difference.

The main difference is that (Olympic) weightlifting involves quick motions and the bar being lifted over one's head, whereas powerlifting is slower and involves less bar movement. Ask the internet for more details.

Powerlifting is squat/bench/deadlift

Weightlifting is snatch/clean&jerk

Lol is that even a question? powerlifting is for fat fucks. OWL is for actual athletes.

One is an Olympic sport, the other is a Paralympic sport

The bench press actually is in the Paralympics

Neither are sports. Oly and PL is for people who couldn't handle real sports so they settled for lifting.

Only difference is that powerlifters prefer to over eat every meal while Oly lifters have some self control.

>Pic related is you

Weightlifting is basically gymnastics with heavy weights. How wouldn't you call that a sport? Powerlifting is a sport for unathletic people, Weightlifting still involves a lot of athleticism. You're shitting yourself if you think weightlifters don't eat whenever they want. A lot of them eat just as much as the powerlifting chubs

Attached: HEUGH.png (488x463, 28K)

Powerlifting = strengthlifting
Weightlifting = powerlifting

olympic weightlifters have the highest vertical jumps and fastest 10m sprints out of all olympians

I'll never forget that picture I saw like 15 years ago of that one dude lifting some heavy ass weights and I think he was shitting out his asshole and intestines. That image will always stick with me, especially every time I see someone in that squatting pose lifting something.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

/thread

>citation needed

That video of the military guy lifting the tire and puking on every rep disgusts me. I will never understand why people push themselves to the point of illness.

Kino

Trips

I think the difference is you can reasonably do powerlifting learning the lifts and proper technique yourself from internet sources.

Oly on the other hand is fucking hard, and if you try to figure it out without a real coach you either make zero progress or you hurt yourself.

>regular weightlifting
>weightlifting for lazy people

Is OWL a ticket to Snap City?

>only shows equipped squats
Ok buddy, I guess John Haack and Johnnie Candito have no squat depth.

Attached: Jonnie-Candito.png (532x329, 259K)

I feel like high jumpers have a pretty decent vertical jump

It's honestly pretty much equivalent and you're a moron if you think otherwise, it's like claiming discus and shot put are somehow vastly different events.

Yes, but not necessarily a standing vertical.

If you're too dumb to get a good coach, yes.