ADHD and Diet

So I used to visit fit about 7+ years ago for casual workout advice. The old sticky was a great top to bottom answer to common questions and workout starting point.

Now I took a job that had me very sedentary and busy, so I have been eating bad and barely moving for the past 7 years. I ballooned up just past 300lbs, and as soon as I weighed myself out of curiosity and discovered this I decided fuck it I was going to just get some brainless workout system since I have money in spades but no time.

I was also diagnosed as a kid with ADHD, but the symptoms seemed to fade away late highschool. What I didn't realize is that they were still there just different.

Long story short I started Nutrisystem and their first 7 days are a special diet to lose 10+ lbs in 7 days. I've lost 10 lbs but something about the diet has caused me to have a slightly altered mental state similar to ritalin as a child, a much less impulsive deliberative mental state in the evenings.

Starting tomorrow I go onto the next stage which has more food involved + I make some of my own so I'm looking to figure out what part of my diet had this effect so I can base my caloric breakdown of carbs, proteins, and fats off of this.

Anyone know anything about the ADHD stuff.

Side note all the fucking food recipes that seem to fit losing weight without losing muscle look so unappealing.

Attached: Sculpt.jpg (1440x900, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3900881/
candidamd.com/candida/index.html
selfhacked.com/blog/the-cause-of-brain-fog/
health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=u-TupRO7qjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ADHD is a fucking meme, stop making excuses, stop typing. Start exercising

It's not a meme my dude, but if you've never experienced it I can't expect you to understand.

There's a big difference though going from being unable to get most shit done to suddenly between 4-8p, having exceptional clarity of mind.

Also I appreciate your "shut up and workout" schtick, that's usually the best approach imo. It's what I needed years ago and got it. Unfortunately as I started a career and family my time was consumed, I rarely even got 6 hours of sleep and worked for most of that time at a place that was fairly abusive of workers but could not leave and lose my only source of income. Sometimes responsibilities are a trap.

Now I work at a better place and have access to a gym, money to diet do dumb expensive, disgusting diets.

Note: I read the wiki's linked articles and despite them being designed for bodybuilding with no real practical advice for situations like mine it had loads of good info. I didn't know there was a point at which cutting/dieting becomes less effective and knowing you can go into a maint regime for a while to replenish that effect is great.

i have diagnosed assburger
i dont think diet has THAT much impact on mental state

if you're adhd then just take adderall you fucking faggot
>what i would give to live in a country that prescribes amphetamine

Perhaps my diet was just so extremely made of garbage before that the difference in mental clarity was shocking.

Also, careful with assburger, that's the new dumping ground diagnosis.

Because I was diagnosed a little over 25 years ago and started on a then-experimental version of ritalin that trashed my kidneys.

i think i am just a shy ADHD
anyways, i think my country gives money to retards
i guess my assburgas can give me some incomes

Diet is closely related to mental state imo. If you wanna look even more into it, gut bacteria is also related. You can heal a lot with a healthy diet. I would go more into it but I've been eating shit this past week. *jokes aside*

Huh, see my first thought was that it was that I cut down carbs.

I ate a ton of junk food, candy and soda but when I did eat everything had a bun or crust/etc.

Right now I'm trying to find a good ratio to start tomorrow for carbs, protein, fat.

The wiki says 1g protein per target weight and I figure 190 is a decent weight I guess for my frame. I'd like to figure in working out but I cant find anything yet to help me understand who to wrap it all together.

Here's the thing, when I was sub 20 I didn't think I had ADHD just...energetic. No one seemed to realize how impulsive I was. Was always told I was smart but asked why I made dumb choices. Everything was a gut automatic choice right off.

As an adult with kids I see them doing it and go fuck...not only did I have it but they do. I am a little less impulsive but up until I was 30 I still was pretty wreckless. Another odd thing is how upset you get when things don't go as you expect. As a kid it seems to come out like trying to do something and it isn't working out so you get pissed.

As an adult it can be as simple as being forced to make an extra stop somewhere unexpectedly pissing you off and you kind of rationalize that you prefer to know ahead of time, hate surprises.

Having very little working memory sucks fucking balls. I read tons of books but if I'm cooking I have to look at the recipe like 30+ times because sometimes as soon as I look away I've forgotten.

To cope I have 3 levels of notes. Sharpie on arm for mega important, postit notes in places that will interrupt me for some things, and a paperclipped stack of index cards in my back pocket for things later in the day, week, etc.

apparently Omega 3 fish oil helps

I have been taking that this week also mostly on a whim. That and a multivitamin.

If that's it I'm going to be so pissed.

there are some small studies that say that going vegan can help on ADHD and asperger symptoms
i am almost vegan (i cant say no to pizza) and i feel almost no canges on this
think about trying it, it might help you

Well bro, carbs themselves are an improper source of energy. They usually come with a crash, fogged mind. For an optimal source, you want something called ketones which come from a fat adapted body.

There are so many factors that you could use to defend diet affecting your mental state, it's tough to narrow it down to one thing.

if you dont want to become retarded, don't listen to this retard
carbs are the main source of energy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3900881/

adhd also
day 2 of keto, miss the Opiod effects of carbohydrates
how do I cope?

Right before I started the diet I started watching Joe Rogan vids, mostly because I saw him talking about topics I was interested in.

He mentioned crashing and I noticed when I ate a ton of food afterwards I'd get really fucking tired/sleepy and not want to move for hours. I don't know how I lived like that and never realized how blatantly I would crash after a meal.

Man first few days of my diet were hell because I mistakenly underate but was anticipating the hunger and just hunkered down.

>Candida
>Gut dysbiosis
>Leaky gut

Pick your poison, you have all the above + brain inflammation. Bonus points if you were given antibiotics as a kid.

Forget about workouts. You need to get on an anti-inflammatory, no-sugar diet immediately. Get prebiotics, probiotics--fix your gut before it kills you.

So with no offense intended my friend this was like getting hit with a rock out of the blue.

Do you mind expanding a bit on those?

I'm on a second round of antibiotic right now actually after a minor surgery.

You need to do a lot of research. And I recommend you get off those antibotics ASAP. Antibiotics are THE leading cause to Candida overgrowth.
>Candida: candidamd.com/candida/index.html

One of the best articles I've found on the mental effects of brain inflammation:
>selfhacked.com/blog/the-cause-of-brain-fog/

As for a cure, you need diet + a yeast & fungus killer.
>The best yeast and fungus killer = 100% pure gum spirits of Turpentine
>Your symptoms are bad enough that the detox reaction for Turpentine will overwhelm you.

You could try borax instead.
>health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

I hope you're skeptical of my advice, enough to do your own research and follow-through with your own decisions. Just be aware that your gut is the center of your immune system, and it's absolutely critical to your health.

>just stop being depressed
Its not a meme, just pushed way too hard on kids by shitty teachers

Look into the GAPS diet, I highly recommend you read pic related. Also watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=u-TupRO7qjc

Don't listen to idiots like this that are looking for excuses to follow their high sugar diets. The body creates more than enough glucouse.

Attached: GAPSdiet GAPSBK3 Picture.jpg (2024x2484, 773K)

I'll take a look but I gotta see what kind of evidence support there are for any part of the claims first. The idea behind it is good and tempting but I don't want to suffer and pat myself on the back for a placebo affect.

Thanks for giving me a place to start man, I'll do some research and vetting.

Yeah you should definitly do research in the area of gut health and psychology. Of course, Dr. Campbell has done the research herself but you can look for other sources since every day there is more and more new research on food and health. Personally I bought this book because my sister has autism and her behavior has drastically improved since we put her on this diet.

Best of luck though.

ADHD C here. I find sugar kind of fucks me up. Also getting a lot of magnesium from foods like spinach seems to help, I think Dexedrine depletes it. Also weird but sometimes when I eat broccoli sprouts I get a mini head rush and feel a bit more focused (?) Does anyone else get that or is it just a placebo effect. Also does anyone have trouble learning more technical lifts like oly lifting? It feels like if I take a few days off my form falls apart.

>looking for excuses to follow their high sugar diets
>carbs=sugar
were you born with that retardation or the keto diet give it to you?

Depression, largely, is a symptom of a shitty lifestyle. Yes there are edge cases where an individual has a otherwise fulfilling life but is dead inside, but those are few and far in between. Modern "depression" is unhealthy faggots whining about how their life sucks because all they do is sit around and wither away. Depression is a result of that, not the cause of it. It's why the most successful therapies reintegration into social circles with a healthily diet and plenty of exercise. If you're still depressed after months of that, then yeah that's brutal.