This program gets posted a lot and I tried it out today, it felt like the workout was over too quickly though...

This program gets posted a lot and I tried it out today, it felt like the workout was over too quickly though? I'm a skelly so the weights aren't anything significant yet, but at the end I did some more chinups and OHP because it didn't feel like they'd be worked enough.

Am I being retarded or are there some meaningful changes that I could make to the program in terms of no. of sets?

Attached: 1520696052824.png (547x465, 47K)

that's the point
GSLP is high intensity, not bullshit fluff

Even if I finish in under 50mins? I get the high intensity part but if I've got more time, there's no harm done if I do another set is there?

>Writes program focused on upper
This is fine
>Doesn't rotate push/pull as first workout
>Doesn't factor in you're not squatting for 1x5 deads
>Doesn't rotate shoulder push/pull (upright row/shoulder press)

Basically, a better version of this would be:
>3x5 Alternating BPress/Pendlay Row
>3x5 Alternating Upright Row/SPress
>3x5 Alternating LB Squat/Deadlift
OR
>3x5 Alternating F Squat/SLDeadlift
Then finally:
>3x5 Alternating Pull Ups/Dips

Notice every lift goes push/pull/push/pull:
>Bench Press - Push
>Upright Row - Pull
>Squat - Push
>Pull Ups - Pull

I did Greyskull without anything extra and it worked fine for me. Though one user suggested I replace barbell rows with weighted pull-ups so I did that.

Attached: 20180301_041228.jpg (960x634, 303K)

you're meant to do warm up sets you dumb dumb

Its a shit program is the problem. I suspect its shilled by the retard who made it, and further propagated by SS morons.

Pick something with more volume.

Attached: 1511951199567.png (2143x1912, 768K)

>125 total reps a week

What's with the kink in your shoulder?

Is 5x3 low volume that bad?

You mean 3x5

And it depends on your goals. This sort of program is good for increasing the weight you push on these exercises and thats pretty much it. You wont get aesthetic or big on a program like this. And if you follow it long enough you'll start looking like every SS guy does with massive imbalances in their body shape. Mainly in large front delts, lower chest, hamstrings, lower back and small in everything else. You'll look bigger than someone who doesnt lift, but not nearly as good as the bro splitter who actually hits every muscle group.

You're better off doing something like starting aesthetics in since that actually hits the whole body.

Was that progress purely with that routine?

Something's wrong with the photo:

Oh kek I just noticed that

Just fabric bunching up near the shoulder.

I've been doing greyskull lp in that pic besides the neck harness for about a month and have had some increases, epecially on squat and DL, but pretty slow for OHP and bench (bench may be partially due to me not having a spotter and not sure I can do all 5 reps if I increase so I'm not really maxing out) But I can only do 6 chinups on the first set so I just mix in negatives. Is low volume still fine until I stall hard? I assume I should just stick with the program until then but then I see people shitting all over 3x5 routines

I'm 5'9" 140ish and doing clean bulk at 250 cal surplus

Attached: IMG_20180313_211157.jpg (960x682, 101K)

Thats a pretty fucking good variation. Imma perhaps start using it

>250 cal surplus

what in the fuck, bump that shit up

so you would think it better to have weeks where you deadlifted 2x and squat 1x? wouldnt this become too taxing ?

Not him. But Id keep it original. One DL day a week is what I like about GSLP

Phrak's is shit. If you aren't doing daily GTG pushups and chins and 1-3 conditioning workouts a week you aren't doing greyskull, you're doing a slightly better version of SS.

The reason you DL 1x5 in SS and SL is because you've already squatted heavy as fuck. If you're not squatting that day, doing two extra sets wont kill you, although you'll pull less due to the two extra sets.

here. Thats what I thought as well. Going for a AMRAP deadlift at 85% of your 1rm is taxing enough.

this variant is better, add in some accessory work and you're golden

Attached: 1512612013645.png (700x600, 37K)

I made incredible progress on a very similar routine I made after watching kinobody videos. It was all basically 3 sets of 4-6 reps, only doing back off sets or reverse pyramid style, im sure that doesnt make much of a diff however. It was the high intensity, low volume 3 times a week training that I got all my gains from. #1 mistake I see from people it wayyyyy to much volume. Mental focus should be on breaking pr's every single week. The few exercises helps with mental focus. Volume and pump doesn't create gains... long term strength incease will change your body. I would recomend a few tweaks however... def do the neck training parts, could do front squats instead, really focus on weighted chins and dips as well.

I've been doing SL for 5 weeks now but this program looks more "fun". Should I switch?

yes. I really like that program

Anyone here done starting aesthetics? Is it any good?

Attached: 453700B5-035A-47CE-8F39-D4FCABD3DE4E.jpg (400x400, 34K)

So what's some beginner accessory work to add to this workout? Will it kill my gains on the compounds if I do them at the end? Currently doing pic related

Attached: greyskull-lp-arms-plugin.jpg (703x114, 21K)

all routines will be short until you're doing difficult weight. then you'll need plenty of rest between sets in order to successfully complete a 3x5 or 5x5.

don't skip the progression though. stick to 2.5lb/5lb per workout and focus on form instead of throwing plates on early.

thats some good motivation

This, I was easily at the gym over an hour while doing GSLP, if you're doing it right and at a difficult weight, you're gonna be in the gym for a while

Fake. The lion is on the other side.

What about gzcl