Stretching doesn't work

Guys I'm losing it, I want to get in shape and improve how I feel in my own body but I am so inflexible I just can't do it.

I can't do my primary barbell lifts because I'm too inflexible to do them with correct form and I just end up hurting myself. I've tried stretching to make up for this but there's something wrong with my body. I try to stretch my hamstrings, and when I do I feel like a dull nerve pain in my calves and feet. How the fuck can I become flexible if my body rejects stretching. I'm 20 so I'm still young, I feel like my body shouldn't be like this but I've played video games and haven't been active my whole life so idk. What do Veeky Forums?

Attached: IMG_0563.jpg (1000x751, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9327823
youtube.com/watch?v=bsSW1inYyUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

user what if I told you, that dull pain you get from stretching is your muscles being stretched?

you go to a fucking doctor and take it slow, dumbass.

did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, the 'pain' is meant to be felt when stretching your muscle fibers?

learn biomechanics & physiotherapy basics, unless you've torn a ligament/tendon it'll be an imbalance. you are defined by what you do MOST of the time, not what you do for

the pain is because you aren't flexible... keep stretching, if you want to be able to be "flexible" quick aka a month or 2 you need to be doing stretching for more than a couple minutes before your workout.

download an app and do yoga for a month and see if you feel better.

So when you stretch your hamstrings you feel like a tight string all the way from your hamstring into the back of your calf and into your toes?

I did the 30 day challenge with Yoga with adrienne and honestly I was so much more flexible afterwards. I’ve stopped doing yoga but it made me more conscious of stretching so I’ve kept the same flexibility . Also do dynamic warm ups before lifting don’t do static stretching . Stretching is for after lifting

> (OP)
yes fatass

Attached: 1409019170706.jpg (500x483, 187K)

Are you joking? Think about that for one second, you gay and fat piece of shit

im in the same boat, you are inflexible because you are weak, if i knock u out yoy can move all over the place, ur neurological system is causing problems becauze you dont know how to use your body effectively. look into finding a biomechanical therapist

yeah no shit dude, that's the stretch

Yoga.

Attached: indian.gif (348x550, 3.77M)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9327823

Stretch everyday for 30 seconds. You will see results in 2 weeks if you keep it up for 6 days a week.

30 seconds?! Gtfo here with that Western medicine government research crap. If you want real results you have to put in real effort.

youtube.com/watch?v=bsSW1inYyUw

You have to do movement not just static stretching. Do a worm up of 10 min cardio then do arm circles, hip circles, knee kicks, side kicks, bend over touch the ground and all that shit. Then stretch afterwards. Do that daily or every other day.

>Do a worm up of 10 min cardio
I do this 3 times a day

Stretch as much as you can without pain and try to relax the muscle, pain means your muscle is resisting the stretch and you are just tearing it up making it tighter and you can get injured

user, usually people learn this stuff at the age of 5

I worm up every morning when i don't want to get out of bed