Is it true that there is no point in squatting more than 2 pl8 ?

Is it true that there is no point in squatting more than 2 pl8 ?

I feel like i wanna stop increasing the weight and just work on doing perfect form sets of 5 at this weight.

Attached: squat-exercice[1].jpg (650x433, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/beat-butt-wink-squat-big-without-hurting-your-back.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can do both. Scale down the weight to something you have perfect form with and make increases while making sure to keep perfect form.

>sets of 5

never gonna make it

Yep.

I no longer squat more than 2 plates. I usually just do 225 for 3-4x8-12 squats and same with RDL. Thats all i do for legs 1-2 times per week.

If you are able to do this you are probably already stronger than 99% of the world. Really no reason to do more than this if you dont compete in anything

if you don't give a shit about squatting more, sure

you can just up your reps and end up doing like 3x20 or something, you'd be plenty strong to do any real life shit and probably have some big quads to show for it

Lmao what the fuck is this? Legs are no different than any other muscle group. You're going to completely stagnate in development if you don't raise your weights on squats. Why the fuck wouldn't you? Are you just that much of a pussy that you don't want to put in the effort and want some DYEL in here who can only squat 2 plates to validate your laziness? Put some more weight on and squat.

Maybe he just doesnt give a flying fuck and would rather invest the energy into something else?

unrelated, but would proper lifting shoes help me avoid buttwink when squatting deep?

I find it literally impossible to keep my back straight when I go deep. And when I say deep, I mean that my ass is about 5 inches off the ground.

I use 185-225 as a working weight and have bigger legs than most of fit

Fite me

Post logs

I just did 225 for a 10*10. Do that more often and I should get some nice growth.

yeah they would, you could also consider not going that deep

Yes, they help a lot. But I stopped using them because i got tired of switching shoes just for squats

You're joking, right?

>5'7'', 150 BW
>Comfortably do 5x225
>Building up to 250

Why would you ever stop?

Squatting light weights forever is soyboy behaviour

2pl8 is my first warm up.

Fuck off not everyone is a powerlifter you fatty.

Just kidding teach me your ways pls I want to transcend the big black normies in my gym.

Lift weights consistently for a really long time

I warm up with 2 plate too and I'm skinny as fuck.

What is 2 plate in KG? 100 kg?

No you're weak. I doubt you can throw on 2pl8 right off the bat as a warm up. I do working sets of lmao4pl8 and I still gotta work up from 1pl8.

If you count the bar, yes

Is you’re 50kgs 2 pl8 squat is acceptable but it’s unacceptable to only be able to squat 1,5 or less of your body weight. Unless you’re 110kg +

>perfect form

2pl8 will be easy and perfect when 3pl8 is hard and shaky

I was just thinking that perhaps I do go too deep, but it feels right to me, like that's what I should do. I will experiment next time squatting and see what feels right.

Well at the moment I do everything barefoot (socks) except bodyweight exercises because I only have a pair of running shoes.

what this fat motherfucker said. stop being a pussy.

My legs are 28 inches and I only squat 70kg (and they're not particularly fat)

>I will experiment next time squatting and see what feels right.
What kind of squat plug do you use?

>If you count the bar, yes
Don't forget to subtract the weight of your upper body

Just now at work, no bully

Attached: 20180314_152400.jpg (1836x2397, 1.52M)

2/2

Attached: Screenshot_20180314-152642.png (1080x2220, 186K)

Wanna know how I know you're fat?

Do tell

>I feel like i wanna stop increasing the weight and just work on doing perfect form sets of 5 at this weight.

Congrats. You have autism.

jesus christ that's some awful form
my knees hurt just with looking at it

Your saggy quads hanging over your knees.

Go atg and work that vastus midialis.

i want to fit on fashionable clothes

Dude, you're just fat

This is fucking embarrasing unless it's your OHP numbers.

One of those stylish ones with a gem at the base because I feel that I still deserve to look pretty even while lifting weights

Wait did you just pull down your pants and show your crotch to the internet because fruit told you to?

>Is it true that there is no point in squatting more than 2 pl8 ?

WTF, i'm 9 weeks in and i'm squatting 105Kg. Don't tell me this user.

If you cannot keep your back straight it means your lower back is weak as fuck and you probably don't even deadlift

Uhhh you should be doing perfect form sets at any weight you fucktard. Lower the weight and get your form down then put more weight every week

Utter fucking nonsense, lurk more before larping.

Do you even fucking know what buttwink is you quarter squatting faggot?

bodybuilding.com/fun/beat-butt-wink-squat-big-without-hurting-your-back.html

pl8 is my first warm up
>doesn't start with the bar
>this is why Isley can't make it in raw.

I would say that squatting 1-2 pl8 ATG for 4-8 reps is more beneficial for muscle growth and strength than squatting e.g 4pl8 with shit form for 2 reps

But of course if you were to perfect your form and bash out reps for fun then it would be time to increase the weight

Just get some flat soled shoes I use converse. Squat depth is lowering hip until it is level with the top of your knee, so pretty much thighs parralel with ground. Half squats or extra deep squats are bad for your knees. Also might help to hold breath in for inner abdominal pressure. If you're not squatting low bar then you should, if you are maybe bend over a tiny bit more

literally not reading the thread at all

to be fair, the person he's responding to complained about both buttwink and the inability to keep their back straight. if anyone might not know what buttwink is, its

your knees are almost facing opposite directions. Post your legs with your knees facing forward and your legs will look like twigs

Wtf are those dates??

how much is 1 plate? im new

Your thoracic spine is probably inflexible while your lumbar spine is flexible instead of the other way around.

Fix your thoracic spine extension mobility

135lbs

I just got lmao6pl8 a couple weeks back, 2pl8 is barely even a warm up. Keep squatting more.

For you, lifting more seems to be a goal in and of itself. For many of is, it's simply a means to an end, and it that case, lifting more than 2pl8 isn't worth the effort, especially if that maens 2pl8 for several reps and sets.

>extra deep squats are bad for your knees
>If you're not squatting low bar then you should
everyone point at the retard

Attached: 1463362349592.jpg (296x376, 17K)

There's no point in squatting at all. Complete meme exercise that wrecks your knees and back. Just do lunges with light weight and hit the exercise bike.

you shouldn't be advancing weight unless you have sufficient form anyway so

Please post legs.

What? The safest squat is one that goes below parallel, not one that stops at parallel. And a raised heel shoe helps you hit that depth more comfortably. You couldn't be more wrong.

Yeah just barely under parralel. Hip just lower than patella. Lifted heels are totally unnecessary if you practice good form and de. Weight should be mid foot anyway, and if you aren't flexible enough to hit depth you can either work on that or do a different squat

Your cavalier attitude is so stupid and unproductive.

I said a raised heel helps. You said it's unnecessary. Here's a pointer for you: sometimes, a thing can be both unnecessary and helpful at the same time. There's no reason why somebody should forsake squatting when a lifting shoe could solve whatever problem they're having.

Every experienced coach recommends shoes. You're just wrong. Sorry.

Sure bud. Every coach I'm sure. I bet everybody needs knee wraps and belts too, without exception. Don't forget gloves and straps.

1/2/3/4 is what you can achieve perfectly safe, anything more than that you're risking injuries unless you juice.

ive seen athleanx pull 500 for 2 reps and he sure as fuck does it safely

>le trt face

Have you guys seen this guys videos? Thomas Delaur? He has good info about fasting but looks like hes on roids

Is it harder for lanklets to do squats than it is for manlets? It's hard for me to increase my squat although I'm progressing on my other lifts

no, easier, since you will have longer muscles which means you have a longer lever

1 plate = 1 plate on each side of the barbell
the "plate" being referred to is the 20kg plate, so the total weight is 20kgx2 + 20kg (the barbell weighs 20kg) = 60kg

honestly no, you need to focus oon thoracic spine flexibility. You'll have to actively think about keeping your spine neutral until you're used to how the proper movement feels. If you're used to going atg with improper pelvic tilt you'll most likely be surprised at how less deep you can actually go with proper form. You'll probably need to work on hip+hamstring mobility secondarily to correcting your spine.
this is nonsense, pelvic tilt is usually caused by lower back muscles compensating for lack of flexibility hence the "lower back pump" you get from butt wink squatting.