Chest building

What are some good routines to build upper and centre pecs? My chest is starting to look concave in the middle

Any tips?

Attached: download.jpg (290x174, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dCmY_HxrqWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can't

Your muscle either attaches close or it doesn't so it's up to genetics. I'm in the same boat, pecs are pretty spread out

So no matter what angle i hit it i will be 4evrconcave?

youtube.com/watch?v=dCmY_HxrqWs

do incline shit

Not OP, but I would like to ask if it is normal to feel some pain in that green zone. Like punctures when breathing strong.

Yes. Its literally all genetics.
Bodybuilding shills will give you all these bullshit exercises but none of them can change your genetic structure.
Whatever your chest looks like when you can bench 275-315 paused for some reps is your max potential for what your chest will look like. Chest flies are worthless

stretch your chest and you might feel some nice pops. If its painful get it ch

That's the most retarded thing I've ever read.
But there is a kernel of truth in your nonsense.

Most bodybuilding stuff is all a lie to talk men into thinking that if they buy this nonsense or lift in this way they can get bodies that are only possible with the correct genetics and shit tons of drug abuse.
Which is a lie.
This also neglects one single truth as well
Genetics determines how your body will react to certain types of exercise and ALL EXERCISES WORK TO SOME DEGREE.

That paused reps bench might not be possible for some and might not even give them any good gains either .
I'm not even going to go into how pure strength training and nothing else is inferior for mass gains.

>ALL EXERCISES WORK TO SOME DEGREE.
true. but some work better and some aren't worth your time

>That paused reps bench might not be possible for some and might not even give them any good gains either .
You are joking right? There isnt a natty on this planet that wont see gains from acheiving a high number on the paused bench. 275-315 is just a ballpark you should shoot for 1-3 paused reps. If they can do that they will have enough muscle in their chest to see their genetic natural potential

>I'm not even going to go into how pure strength training and nothing else is inferior for mass gains

it depends what you define as pure strength traning. Obviously doing a powerlifting routine is not the best approach for aesthetics.
but in terms of just generally progressing in strength over time, there is no other option as a natty. Strength is size. Taking your bench from 225 for 5 to 225 for 10 is still gainig strength to move that weight for more reps

>is it normal to feel some pain
No never, its never normal to feel any pain. Get that checked.

You need incline bench for upper chest. Make sure to use suicide grip to hit the inner chest and superset with incline flys for fullness).

Incline bench for clavicle pectorals and genetics.

Attached: inner_chest.png (750x1854, 458K)

Lol

>true. but some work better and some aren't worth your time
>>That paused reps bench might not be possible for some and might not even give them any good gains either .
>You are joking right? There isnt a natty on this planet that wont see gains from acheiving a high number on the paused bench. 275-315 is just a ballpark you should shoot for 1-3 paused reps. If they can do that they will have enough muscle in their chest to see their genetic natural potential
Oh a natty will gain. But any true natural and every single honest productive coach and exercise scientists will tell you that pure strength training alone is piss poor for peak mass growth on naturals and is in fact dangerous for the long term.

>>I'm not even going to go into how pure strength training and nothing else is inferior for mass gains
>it depends what you define as pure strength traning. Obviously doing a powerlifting routine is not the best approach for aesthetics.
No shit.

>but in terms of just generally progressing in strength over time, there is no other option as a natty. Strength is size. Taking your bench from 225 for 5 to 225 for 10 is still gainig strength to move that weight for more reps
You're a fucking retard.
A certain number on bench does not mean you'll get a certain amount of mass or peak mass.
That's ignoring that people are built diferent in the first place and that everyone has different peaks.
I'm not even going to get into how pure strength training has a brick wall stopping point that can not be overcome and even attempting to do so as a natural without build a true base of athleticism and mass will and does result in life ruining injury.

Power and strong men get around this by just doing as much gear as humanly possible. AND THEN DOING A FUCK TON OF VOLUME ON TOP OF THAT TO BUILD AS MUCH MUSCLE MASS AS POSSIBLE!

So no tips or tricks just luck?
Great...Veeky Forums

Incline chest curls

Yes.
Welcome to cold hard reality.

Blah blah blah. Strength IS size idiot.

As the first response told you its mostly genetics. Everyones muscles insert differently, so youll never have the "perfect" look for any muscle more than likely. However, you can still train it to look decent with some sort of fly and incline movement I think referring to your question.

Bench isn't even the more effective chest movement.

But its the most fun one

It only happened for two days, some weeks after starting to work with dumbbels. Might it be just that?

>Oh a natty will gain. But any true natural and every single honest productive coach and exercise scientists will tell you that pure strength training alone is piss poor for peak mass growth on naturals and is in fact dangerous for the long term.
Ok? I agree 100% with you. But being able to move heavy weights in the 1-3 rep range doesn't mean your automatically locked into a strict strength training routine. It's just a good form of measuring where you're at. I mean what do you want natties to do theN? Not care pay attention at all to the amount of weight they lift?

>You're a fucking retard.
>A certain number on bench does not mean you'll get a certain amount of mass or peak mass.
>That's ignoring that people are built diferent in the first place and that everyone has different peaks.

Yeah, of course people are built differently. No debate there. Getting strong on the bench will give them the adequate amount of muscle possible for them to atain in accordance to what their individual genetics will allow. Yes, two guys who benah 225 for reps will look different. I never said people will get the same amount of size if they lift the same amount of weight. No clue how you came up with that.

>I'm not even going to get into how pure strength training has a brick wall stopping point that can not be overcome and even attempting to do so as a natural without build a true base of athleticism and mass will and does result in life ruining injury.
I agree. People have natural limits.

>Power and strong men get around this by just doing as much gear as humanly possible. AND THEN DOING A FUCK TON OF VOLUME ON TOP OF THAT TO BUILD AS MUCH MUSCLE MASS AS POSSIBLE!

Yes. I agree. What's one way to increase volume, and therefore increase strength?
-add sets
-add reps
-add weight
example: 225x5 bench to 225x100
I don't know why you're going into such a rage about this. Progressive overload is the most basic concept ever

don't do this

Do incline bench, close grip flat bench, and especially close grip incline bench. Close grip incline targets the clavicular pectoralis, which really helps to define the chest from the shoulders. Regular incline and close grip flat bench will target your "inner chest" more than flat bench. Tricep cable pulldowns, oddly enough, seem to hit the inner chest as well. Diamond pushups are great for this too. Dumbell flies, I hate to say, have never really worked for me, and seem like a bad meme.

Attached: 1520662340220.jpg (638x343, 51K)

I can't emphasize enough how much I think it's really the clavicular pectoralis that's the issue here. As other anons have posted, the sternocostal pectoralis is composed of continuous fibers from the sternum outward, so there isn't really a way to target the "inner chest" directly. Therefore, I posit that it's really the clavicular pectoralis that fills out that part of the chest, that helps to define the upper chest well. Pic related

Attached: main-qimg-0138dc74140e96ca6138964574ece634.png (538x566, 116K)

yes it is. The problem is people don't do it properly.

costochondritis. keep exercising and it will go away on its own. if it worsens talk to the doc

Be gay and have a guy cum on your chest. That worked for me. Also do incline bench press.

I like dumbbell presses more. It feels pretty great to do more than half of your weight in each hand. Then I won't have to worry about being crushed or embarrassed at the gym if i fail.

>I like dumbbell presses more.

That's cause you don't know how to barbell bench.

> This ego lift isn't your favorite so you must not know how to do it

It gives a fun head rush but i don't like the chance of me struggling and needing help.

Attached: 1519004782775.png (734x414, 113K)

Yes, you don't know how to do barbell properly if you prefer to bench with dumbbells.

If you pull your chest forward, make the flexed double biceps pose and pull your head up and tuck your chin, your chest should pop loudly and pain will be gone. Just open and stretch your chest as hard as you can.
If it keeps returning, you are probably where I am now. My lower back, spinal erectors, basically my whole thoracic spine area is so tense (when having doms, it's even worse), that my ribcage can't "move" properly, when turning/bending to either side. Now as you know, ribs are attached to sternum by cartilages. What happens when your lower back has poor mobility, is that ribs are moving by a little in this cartilages in the sternum and usually it's only one or few ribs that has to compensate this way. This shouldn't happen and your sternum isn't build for this and it is causing inflammation in the sternum joints hence the pain you feel.
So probably, it is not a problem in your chest, but in your back. Work on mobility and strength. Restricting push exercises for a while is also a smart choice

not him
but you can't get enough abduction with a barbell if you want to work your whole chest you need abduction.

Case in point.

Then you are not tucking your elbows, when tucked your elbows will pass down bellow your body and the chest will pretty much be fully streched.

What you don't realise is that after a while dumbbells actually offer worse Rom. The dumbbells get bulky man

That helps but that's not abducting past the center line which is where the inner pects get the most mechanical stress. I'm not saying barbell is worthless for chest but it you want the most even chest development you're probably going to have to use dumbbells. Once their mass starting to plateau you'll get more recruitment out of the upper and inner pects as you numbers teeter up and they'll "inflate" relatively quickly but in those years prior they won't look great.
then split it into manageable sets or do slower heavier reps. If you break form that's "to failure".

this

a thousand times this.