Belts

If straps are for pussies are belts likewise? I just used a belt squatting for the first and it's way easier than without one.

Attached: rogue-leather-lifting-belt-web4_1_1.jpg (1000x667, 81K)

safer training, allows for more weight, can let you get away with bad form. I use a belt for almost everything, from landmine rows to barbell curls. people probably laugh about it in their head but noone has said anything to me.

Neither belts or straps are for pussies unless you have to rely on them for every single exercise.

>I am such a stoic badass deadlifting 3 plates with no equipment
>1000+ lb deadlift? doesn't count he's using belt, straps, and he's hitching

Enjoy your hemmeroids

The only person at my gym who wears a belt is a middle aged man who never takes it off so it holds in his fat stomach.

do belts prevent or increase the risks of hemorrhoids

tell me more

>are X for pussies

No one cares outside of some homosexual body mirin forums. Belts keep you safer from injury and not fucking up your body is more important than making autists on the internet think you’re tough

The only time I ever got hemorrhoids from squatting was 5x5 beltless breathing pause squats, the first time I ever did them. I was also really baked. It was probably one of the only times I squatted beltless for an entire session that whole year.

Just for fatties or people too lazy to train core.

Belts allow the muscle of the core to contract more forcefully because they have something to push against, thus making lifting safer and more effective, Rippetoe devotes a whole chapter to the physics of why belts are good in Starting Strength. On a related note straps are most definitely not just for pussies, they are a valid training tool that can make certain exercises like barbell shrugs way more effective.

Did they heal ? Did you resume squatting after ?

Attached: big boi clarence.webm (1920x1080, 1.89M)

>falling for Veeky Forums memes

There's nothing wrong with either once you start moving daddy weight.

Belt is great for pushing maxes, most in my gym wear it ALL THE TIME for assume fucking reason. I've only wore it once and that was last week when I tried 160x5 deadlift (kg).

>the guy who just pauses halfway through putting on a plate
damn

Is anything above 1/2/3/4 daddy weight?

>not using things just because you heard some insecure teenagers say it's for pussies

Straps are fine and a good alternative to mixed grip DLs. Belts are fine too. Don't base your life around what other people think.

Attached: 1520965880729.jpg (390x400, 57K)

I'll be your daddy fuccboi

Personally I've never used a belt, not because people say it's for pussies but because I don't know why I would. I'm careful lifting and never injured myself or felt anything feeling wrong. I'm doing 230 squat 330 deadlift both for sets of 5. They have belts at the gym, what would the benefit of using one be? I don't care about numbers really.

I didn't feel the need for a belt until I hit above 400 for squat and above 500 on deadlifts. Sure, you can be as careful as you can but sometimes things just happen and it's a good feeling to have a bit of extra support.

>mfw I just realised I wear pretty much same gym gear as based Clarence

Attached: melanin enriched brother from another mother.jpg (1033x679, 41K)

lift anything above 4 plates in a podunk YMCA/community center and people will react the same

big fish/small pond really fucks your ego

I guess that's why they say if you're the strongest one in your gym, you're in the wrong gym

Dude weed lmao

I like them in principle (don’t own one myself) but everyone in my gym with one uses it as a substitute for form