Does keto diet work?

Does keto diet work?
Thanks

Attached: 8D6E70F9-E85F-4507-8627-261F166EF77A.jpg (2048x1536, 480K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marksdailyapple.com/what-does-it-mean-to-be-a-fat-burning-beast/
archive.fo/USYo0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes.

for 6 weeks until the relapse and binge, yeah.

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: kinda.

Dropping your carbs to 0 will force your body to burn fat as its main energy source. The consequence is that it's not a maintainable diet, and as soon as you start eating carbs again you'll just gain the weight back if you're not careful.

Better to just moderate what you eat and change your dietary habits imo.

>^tfw on 6th week of keto with decent results

Oh, also worth mentioning that you'll feel like shit the whole time. 0 carbs is not fun.

it's good but I think cycling it is better than doing it long term or forever like some of the ketobros do. I would also look into fasting because many of the keto benefits are due to it being fast mimicking

keto diet doesn't mean 0 carb

Yeah, so does a plain old calorie deficit and/or fasting.
Also the carbs on that plate is probably half your daily allowance or more.

yes, it does. if you like meat more than anything it's the easiest diet ever
get halo top for sugar cravings

You too.

>reinforcing someone's sugar-addiction by giving them another "less unhealthy" alternative

>utilizing a sweet that has 4-7g net carbs per serving to transition you out of eating like shit constantly
you can eat half a pint daily and still have 10-20g of carbs left

Long story short, I have epilepsy and some schizophrenia. The only thing that stops it is a low carb diet. Here’s my daily diet.
>8:00AM - Noon: Black Coffee
>Noon: 6 Eggs, 1/2 a large Avocado, hot sauce
>4:00 PM: 1/2 a pound of bacon or meat or fish
>8:00 PM: 6 Eggs, 1/2 Large Avocado, hot sauce

Calories in, calories out works. I'm 40% carb and protein with 20% fat and dropping 2lbs a week without the keto flu.

is this b8

>12 eggs
>72g of protein
>1/2lb of bacon
>74g of protein

Was expecting less but that's still pretty low protein for a grown man.

No, it's an everything's-accounted-for 1000 calorie deficit.

I'm eating at 2250 calories a day. Started at 212lbs, at 208 right now two weeks in after a three month plateau in weight loss.

Keto works for epileptics. Srsly. That's who it was designed for.

Other than that, it's just a trick that works for you if and only if CICO. You can gain weight like a motherfucker if you eat nothing but bacon and butter, but if you do the green veggies and leaves and sprouts and shit to fill you up without adding kcals then the diet will meet your CICO goal and you will lose weight. In that regards it's a lot like IF aka "skipping breakfast" or other fads like "eat stop eat" in that they're just tricks to get people to take in fewer kcals. The IF stuff is great for small people because they can get two decent meals that meet their CICO whereas with three meals they'd be too small, better to skip.

The lack of carbs in a keto diet will be problematic if you have to do a lot of work, or if you want to do a lot of cardio. Those people shouldn't do keto.

If you like veggies and salads and shit, give keto a try, but if you use it as an excuse to eat nothing but lots of meat, it probably won't work for you.

lol, I'm 100% sure both yours and his daily requirement is about 100g

>225g of carbs
>keto

If still eat fewer calories than you burn, then yes.

If you think keto means you can eat 4k calories of bacon, then no.

Keto doesn't magically make you burn more calories, it just makes it easier to not eat because it results in you have fewer blood sugar spikes and a state of ketosis naturally reduces hunger.

oh I'm retarded, you were just pointing out you can lose weight without keto...

I’m 5’10”, 185 lbs with very low body fat. I lift everyday and take 5g of BCAA and 5g of citrulline Malate 20 minutes before workouts. If you think you need large amounts of carbs abs ridiculous amounts of protein then you have accepted the supplements meme.

Hasn't worked for me

I've lost weight while on keto but, i also removed alot of bullshit (soda, candy, pastries, chocolate) and started doing cardio.., so i can't really say keto made me drop weight but at least it didn't stop me or cause me to not have the energy and willpower to do all of that.

The same results can be achieved with a simple caloric deficit.

id say keto is a simpler way to cut if you don't have the time to count calories / create and follow a meal plan

This right here. Yeah, I could CICO. But that's annoying. I'd rather just not eat bread, potatoes, rice, etc. After the first week, your appetite takes a serious hit anyway and the novelty of bacon has worn off. It's the simplest way to CICO.

I miss my vegetarian mastodon shits tho.

It's not something to keep up for ever, I'd limit it to when you're cutting.

Keto is only really useful if you pair it with fasting and maybe some kind of preworkout for lifting days. Your lifts will still suck for a while due to no glycogen, but you can get them back up when you're done cutting.

If you're a colossal fat fuck who can't live without eating fistfuls of sugar, keto is a good cold turkey diet to help you break the habit and fix your fucked up insulin. When you finally go back to carbs, a bowl of plain oats will taste like angel pussy and leave you feeling amazing.

I never realized how disgusting keto is until I considered it. Fat and meat are disgusting without carbs. Chicken AND RICE. Meatballs with SPAGHETTI. Cheese on a burger with bun and condiments, etc.

i dont understand this.
if you binge then you failed. not the diet
also if your on keto for 6 weeks you wont even crave sugar anymore.

then how about you mix them with 80% roasted/steamed veggies like you should

Just eat your meat with fibrous vegetables.

Cabbage is your bro.

>The lack of carbs in a keto diet will be problematic if you have to do a lot of work, or if you want to do a lot of cardio.

Bullshit.
marksdailyapple.com/what-does-it-mean-to-be-a-fat-burning-beast/

are tomatoes a carb?

Kind of, yes. Not like potato level but there's carbohydrates in them.

This is what can make strict keto a pain in the arse. You don't have a whole lot of carbs to work with and the small amounts in stuff starts to add up.

Every athlete ever disagrees.

>marksdailyapple
Oh, you're American. Nevermind then. No use discussing things with complete retards.

Mine is 225g, ackshually.

it works but you'll crave sugars all the time.

no. only vegan diet will give you serious gains

Are you trying to gather upset (you)s?

Attached: 1520993173817.jpg (253x200, 5K)

>Have masters in nutrition
>People still think losing weight is more than just calories in and out
>People putting themselves into diets where the body has to use ketones to survive like idiots

It's just a lazy way to lose weight.
I CAN STUFF MEAT DOWN MY PIE HOLE YAY.
Why is it so hard to understand eating well and healthy. It's not fucking brain surgery. Stop eating shit and so fucking much of it.
I hate the world.

what i want to know is can i make upper body gains on keto? regular bulking results in a lot of low abdominal/hip fat for me. I'd like to think if I could do a clean keto bulk for a few months I could see gains without the fat.

the lingering lower ab/hip fat i have wont fucking burn off. what i want to know is what does this kind of diet look like, and how much fat/protein do i need to make up the carb deficit and reach my required calories?

You need carbs to make gains. Keto won't make you loose them tho.

check ur cholesterol levels

i'm curious

>you'll just gain the weight back
no
>change your dietary habits
that is keto

is there any possibility of balancing this? like do I always need majority carbs or protein followed closely by carbs for gains? or could I do something like 30% fat 15% carb 55% protein? (I have no idea how keto works on a practice level, I just know what it's doing thanks bio 3)

I've never tried keto but I imagine it's a good starting point for fatties who have never dieted before. You can eat tasty foods (burgers, bacon, eggs, etc) while losing weight. I agree they should just clean up their diet like an adult, but most of them lack the willpower to give up their MUST FEEL GOOD attitude

strict keto is a cutting diet, so don't expect to make gains

that said, there's shit like leangains and cyclical keto that you can use for "clean" bulking

Four British rowers recently broke the Atlantic crossing record, on a ketogenic diet.

You have accepted the supplement meme yourself.
>BCAA

I'm doing it, 30kg down since November

30kg?? 66 lbs?

-12 kg since january for me

are you strict with your diet or do you carb up once a week?

>you'll just gain the weight back if you're not careful
How's that different from literally any other way to lose weight?

Not strict. Under 20g carbs is the normal diet, but Im also brewing my own beer and I occasionally go out so there are 4-6 days / month when I go over the calories and carbs

Keto's a bit different in that there's a significant amount of water weight in the initial loss. Soon as you reintroduce carbs, that's all coming back even if you're not in a surplus. Not realising this puts a lot of idiots into a stupid cycle of freaking out over the scale every time they try to come off the diet and doubling down.

Not to mention increased insulin sensitivity therefore more fat gains when you eat carbs.
You should only take low glycemic index carbs when you go off the diet.

But that's nothing to do with not being careful. You will inevitably regain those few pounds of water if you eat carbs. I've lost over 80 pounds and don't really care if the water I'm supposed to have comes back, the cost of doing business pretty much.
Many fatties, me included, have the opposite problem, insulin resistance. So doing keto is supposed to improve things.

>Many fatties, me included, have the opposite problem, insulin resistance. So doing keto is supposed to improve things.
that implies you only eat low glycemic index carbs like sweet potatoes.

No, it implies that my metabolism is malfunctioning, which it does, according to blood tests. Turns out, hammering your pancreas with loads of sugar for many years does that.

on losing weight? sure
on getting stronger or fit? no
it is a hollywood diet, in the way it gets you quick results for showing, and not for performance

Take out the tomatoes and replace with lettuce or spinach or something and it's fine

Yes but your lifts will all go down

OMAD KETO here. Started at 182 @ 21% a week ago. 177 @ 19 right now. Keto is AMAZING if you are over 8-10%, any less even being fat adapted you wont lose many pounds.

I'm planning on doing this around month 5 of SS since I'll need to lose some weight due to work restrictions. After 4-6 weeks I'll resume eating at a slight surplus.

What kind of job do you have that allows you to eat 6 eggs at noon? I cant eat eggs at work out of respect to my coworkers

I've always wondered about keto long term. Is it possible and just down to willpower?

imho there is no willpower needed when you are keto adapted. It just comes naturally

What's your deficit? That seems like a lot to lose in a week unless there's a decent amount of water weight lost due to reduced carbs.

So much broscience

In a controlled study, ketogenic diets only produced something like 1% fat loss increases over a standard deficit

So yes it works technically

But in reality the differences are so slight that no, it's useless

It works, so it's useless? what

OMAD KETO here, xbox 1 so cant tag. 700 defecit, the 1g/lb lean protein protects muscles (tho few to no gains) and the fasting part attacks fat 6-8 hrs after meal. First few lb direct water, but my body comp is already better, 3 days in energy pretty much normal.

fuck i hate dieting so much Veeky Forums, why do i have to do this shit? all i think about is food, fuark i just want some spaghetti

what would happen if i ate a shitton and lifted like fucking crazy, like full bugenhagen mode? would i just end up looking like the bloatmaxx faggot? would i lose fat and put on muscle? would i look any better?

6' 215 lbs, non-responder to ec stack, clen, keto, etc. God wants me to stay fat.

Attached: angry fat wojak.jpg (598x687, 75K)

O/K, keep in mind you get fat adapted. Your body likes to eat extra BF in this mode. OMAD hurts gains but blasts fat.

You are not alone, 6" 330lbs here. Struggling with diets over a year now. Didnt lose hope and I never will. Just go for it

You mean brocolli. It even has bro in its name.

So what's a good way to diet? Redpill me and no memes.

>"non-responder"
Is this the new title for people that can't read?

No carbs is easy enough I just can’t get that 3:1 fat:protein ratio

i am sure the roids and HGH did not have any impact in this

No it's a phrase generally used when one experiences none or very few/minor effects from practices or substances usually known to produce potent effects.

You could have googled that, but I assume your shitpost was just too rich to give up.

you do IF right? It makes hunger much more manageable

Pretty sure keto only works if you're fat as fuck all it did was give me headaches and make me constipated.

I am doing keto, tried IF but ironically I always ended up binge eating rather than managing my hunger

You didnt drink enough water. Also salt.

Keto helped me go on the lowest of my weight.
>ate pork and eggs in the morning.
>eggsfriedinporksfat.gif
>no carb greens and meat for lunch and almost nothing for dinner.
>Did some cardio
>doesn't feel as good as cardio on carbs.
>Body odor was funny

Interesting.
We should study the fatposter since they seem to have broken some basic laws of the universe, then.

Perhaps they've begun bending the rules due to their mass.

wut r u on about dumb nigger, maybe his appetite is greater than wut keto can suppress, or maybe his biochemistry doesn't react like most to ephedrine

i smoked meth several times and didn't feel shit, nothing, not a thing. everyone around me is getting stimmed out of their fucking minds and i go and take a nap

am i breaking some fucking fundamental law? or maybe my chemicals are a little different fuckhead

fuck you

what do you binge eat?

check out this way I did a cut last year. It might work for you:

archive.fo/USYo0

> thermodynamics lecture last year
> "actually, I'm a non-responder"
> class looks around awkwardly
> lecturer says "yes 10% of the population is" and he excuses me
> get 90% on that exam because of diversity quotas and don't need to follow energy conservation in my equations
> now work for SpaceX in their fuel department among some of the most elite non-responders in the country, making 250k base salary but options and RSUs worth 300k+ a year.

mostly pizza and sometimes mcdonald. Most of the time was high so I was thinking about cutting weed too

The choice isn't NO food or McDonalds

The choice is a healthy food or McDonalds.

Follow my system in that link ( archive.fo/USYo0 ) and you will have 8 minute meals that are 1500 kcal, 5 portions veg, 150g protein, and so fucking filling that its hard to eat them.

Also you could just buy something like soylent and make that your fast food binge. Its better than pizza / McDs.

Depends what your goal is, it's effective for priming my cutting cycle as becoming Keto adapted allows for a really easy transition into fasting. If you become Keto adapted at maintenance calories you get to mostly skip the catabolic phase that happens during the first few days fasting.

For general body building carbs included in your diet is easier and more effective in my opinion. For lifestyle it's better than the average western diet for longevity.

not really. less brain function. mabye long term brain damage from lack of energy. also worse gains and lighter lifts.
the advantage is just weight loss, basically psuedo fasting.
fad/10

Yes but it's not sustainable. Ideally you would want to switch to a more balanced diet but expect to gain some weight back or all of it if you just return to eating junk.

>it's not sustainable

why not? Im curious because I know people who have done this for years