Does Veeky Forums actually do ab exercises? I used to...

Does Veeky Forums actually do ab exercises? I used to, but doing 5x5 I can still feel them getting worked and now just count deadlifts as my ab work for the week.

Attached: Pulled abs.jpg (673x449, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8jyhJ6TiUPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Compounds covering your ab work is quite possibly the biggest fitness meme I've experienced.

this, unironically.

Stop being lazy and just do some fucking leg lifts or spend 15 bux on an ab wheel.

Compounds help a bit when bracing properly, however they don't do as well as direct work such as hanging leg raises.

do hanging leg raises

i feel for this meme and almost took a trip to snaptropolis, do your fucking ab work user. deads and squats don't work enough no matter how much you slap on there.

fell*

Pretty sure that time I tweaked my back was because I started ignoring my core, and I wasn't strong enough to stay tight. I was out of the gym for 3 months. Train core.

Roger that to all of you, will make sure to add some hanging leg raises into my routine.

I was getting mid/upper back pain/burning after squatting, when I checked my form, I noticed I'm hyper-extending on the ascent. I added spinal flexion and bought a belt, I used the belt while focusing on spinal flexion and now I'm squatting my regular weight without a belt, and the pain is gone.

This.

From my experience working out the best ab exercises in my opinion are hanging knee raises (bring the knees above parallel), ab wheel rollouts, planks, and maybe some cable crunches.

this, try RKC planks as opposed to regular planks, they're a REAL bitch.

Compounds weren't enough for me, I added hanging leg raises and ab wheel and got much better gains.

Ab wheel for 5 minutes every day. I could probably do more but fuck it.

Alright I'll give them a try, I don't want to go too heavy on abs though, I strained them about 4 months ago from over-training, so I just want to get back into working them slowly.

I would say hanging leg raises over hanging knee raises. I've found that the straight leg raises I feel more in my abs, I have to add a good amount of weight before I feel it from knee raises and I also think they put more strain on the lower back.

jeff nipples made a good video about ab training, check it out.

I just laugh at wh*te bois acting tough on /pol/. My obliques are diamonds

you are doing the minimal ab work with only compounds
meaning you will eventually build a thick core and get some abs but you wont get that shredded look like in your pic, also will take longer time to get anything impressive

Just 2 or 3 exercises after leg

>I added spinal flexion
whats that?

exercises that promote spinal flexion (or anti-extension) like crunches

okay thanks

Not OP here but what are some of your favorite weighted ab workouts? I've been doing hanging leg raises with dumbbell between my legs but I want to add more. I hate cable crunches.

athlean-x has alot of great ab videos covering your entire midsection.
if you're doing proper weighted hanging leg raises, then you're ahead of me and I can't add much. Ab-wheel still kicks my ass, I'm building a ramp so I can work up to standing rollouts.

I hate leg / knee raises, but I love doing cable crunches. Easily one of my favorite exercises.

I do 100 hanging leg raises every workout

cable crunches are a turbo meme lift. like nigga you're doing 90% of the work with your hip flexors.

planks with plates on your back

not OP, but if done right, the only thing contracting should be your abs. Mind muscle connection is probably most important for ab work.

Planks

You're doing it wrong, then. I feel my hip flexors more on knee raises than on cable crunches. Think AthleanX had a video on how to do them. TL;DW: arch your back like a cat, keep the chin tucked in, pull towards your dick.

Daily leg lifts
Daily ab wheel
5x5 weighted sit ups every other day

Compounds will not make your stomach ripped.

>Daily leg lifts
>Daily ab wheel
I'd rather not overtrain.

Dragon flag
L sit
Toes-to-bar
Hollow body hold

You can't overtrain with exercises with exercises that barely work the muscles. That's like saying that walking every day will overtrain your legs.

You're only going to overdo it if you're adding weight.

>That's like saying that walking every day will overtrain your legs.
Walking every day will also not increase the strength of my legs or tone them more. So if doing these abs exercises the same as walking, then why should I even do them?

ive been adding 3xF planks to the end of every workout and i feel pretty good, theyve helped my squats i think. im at the point where i can hold one for 90s so i want to work up to dragon flags somehow

This

I do a 1000 hanging leg raises every workout

they will if you increase walking volume
do you also think you can overtrain forearm?

Just do this youtu.be/8jyhJ6TiUPA

if you can do 90s regular planks, switch to RKC planks

Weighted hanging leg raises with weight are deceptive because your lower back can do some of the work and it's easy to feel like you're ready for weight when you're not. It can cause hernias and also put you at risk while doing other stuff like deadlifts and squats. I recommend switching to hanging straight leg raises, unweighted. If you like the weighted knee raises better by all means go back, but at least try the straight leg with no weight.

I fell for this meme HARD.

but then again I was hoping that I wouldn't need to do ab workout all the time because I just didn't like working them out.

I do at least 1 to 2 exercises of abs EVERY workout day. I do them at the end. I like leg raises and cable crunches.

Now my abs actually show.

Cope

Attached: 20180214_215519.jpg (1440x2560, 181K)

yes, 3-4 times a week, a circuit of 3-4 exercises, 4 sets of 10-25 reps depending on the difficulty.

i too fell for this meme and for the "crunches do nothing for abs, you only have to diet" meme :(

you actually have to workout abs and have a low body fat, there are several scientific studies that prove it. also deadlifts/squats/bench/etc almost don't work your abs at all.

please clean your belly button

Attached: 1517863193325.png (472x410, 254K)

jesus what the hell is wrong with that ugly ass bellybutton?

Attached: 1521047610867.png (399x509, 180K)

i'm doing hanging knee raises and wood choppers on pull and leg days

4 days a week

This This This

throw in some full rom crunches lol it's not like you got something better to do, faggot

Are weighted planks 3x1minute one time a week enough?

Can't believe how many lazy fucks ITT

I actually do this, with some crunch

Good point, and that would be fine with me if I could find a weighted alternative. Seems like most ab exercises are unsafe in one way or another.

You got cucked by the fitness Jew.
Got my ab wheel for 2.99

Over head squats are my only core exercise i regularly do