Let's start a /fitlit/ reading list

Let's start a /fitlit/ reading list

Attached: images.jpg (309x475, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qstUxos2cBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw someone makes another /fitlit/ thread

Attached: 1521124738356-1.jpg (309x327, 29K)

im lurkin

a farewell to arms
>dat row

Excellent
Excellent

Count of Monte Cristo is great, the main character got fucked but still ended up on top through strength and perseverance. Plus it's just a good fucking story.

Attached: cristo6.jpg (307x475, 115K)

my favourite book desu, so elaborate.

Best 1400 pages of my life

Attached: 61a9vGxY56L.jpg (600x1044, 70K)

Attached: xman-s-search-for-meaning.jpg.pagespeed.ic.SZZvnxHBQl.jpg (248x400, 13K)

Monitoring this thread

more like faggot reading.
>dont worry about things, stop complaining, muh stoic.
Hes a Neophye philosopher who thinks hes a big brain nibba

Attached: 200px-Joyce_wake.jpg (200x324, 11K)

Who /BotNS/ here?

Attached: 71b9AltG1tL.jpg (1100x1650, 137K)

Everyone should be required to read Wealth of Nations, Kapital, and at least some Weber (Economy and Society or Protestant Ethic and The Spirit of Capitalism) before they are allowed to discuss politics or economics

Tell us more user

Dont know if ist available in englisch, the Name is : ways out of a sick society by Erich fromm.

Attached: IMG-20180309-WA0028.jpg (3264x1836, 297K)

Attached: file.png (308x308, 43K)

Really enjoyed this series, will probably reread. I'm halfway through the book of the long sun series and not enjoying it as much though.

I think philosophy books are nothing more than armchair intellectuals being pretentious, anyone here care to convince me otherwise?

You have great taste, my favorite as well.

Not going to try super hard, but give Meditations a shot. It's not particularly deep or difficult reading, but the stuff Aurelius discusses and deals with is really easy to compare to what's happening in your own day to day life. That's kind of nuts, seeing as he was a Roman emperor living ~2K years ago. How he deals with it all makes sense and it's not particularly hard to start using his philosophy in your own life and improve yourself.

Attached: file.png (645x729, 167K)

I agree for the most part but go read "Thus Spoke Zarathustra". Most fun I've had with philosophy in a while. Spent weeks arguing / monologuing against that madman in my head; trying to marry our worldviews and / or reject his.
>t. happy nihilist on a journey to be as "great" as I can reasonably be in order to contribute to the birth of the alien overman

Required reading

Attached: 30289.jpg (297x475, 42K)

Currently reading 48 Laws of Power and generally find it more useful to detect manipulative cunts than using the tactics myself.

Most certainly required

Attached: TheSoundAndTheFuryCover.jpg (220x315, 23K)

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (538x835, 518K)

Elizabethan clergyman decides to write a medical treatise on what we would now call depression but ends up spending his whole life writing it, lucidly giving his thoughts on pretty much every subject there is. The prose is masterful.

Attached: 1510831830730m.jpg (907x1024, 236K)

1200 pages of poor ecstasy. One of the best stories I've ever read

you have to read more

Attached: 71R6N-+s31L.jpg (958x1411, 188K)

>poor ecstasy

Attached: 608482336.jpg (612x408, 17K)

Attached: D3B5398E-4635-45AA-AB46-1FEEA9E4FC67.jpg (1616x2864, 559K)

Yes

I've ordered that one!
How is it?

Personaly it turned my life around but I was a turbo beta.

It is a good read regardless.

>Reading Hobbes' Leviathan without supporting literature as "An Introduction"
I wouldn't be surprised if nobody had ever actually followed through with that image.

Blood Meridian to get your test pumping

youtu.be/qstUxos2cBs
Superior retelling.

“One must shed the bad taste of wanting to agree with many. "Good" is no longer good when one's neighbor mouths it. And how should there be a "common good"! The term contradicts itself: whatever can be common always has little value. In the end it must be as it is and always has been: great things remain for the great, abysses for the profound, nuances and shudders for the refined, and, in brief, all that is rare for the rare.”

Attached: 81-kbdDkFTL.jpg (837x1383, 293K)

>reading fiction

are you under 12?

>clifford for president
my man

>trusting the opinion of some faggot Veeky Forums troll over one of the greatest Roman emperors

Don't forget your daily dose of blackpill books
Also read Oblomov from Gontcharov

Attached: 41bVP3kVA6L._SX305_BO1 204 203 200_.jpg (307x499, 33K)

It can be summarized greatly but you lose the lead-in to his points. Which is where the real value is.

Read it.

whoever recommended the subtle art of not giving a fuck by mark manson in the last thread, thanks for wasting my time.

every single Veeky Forumsizen should read this book at least twice.

Attached: the-idiot-fyodor-dostoevsky-book-cover.jpg (510x658, 96K)

>muh philosopher emperor
>put his retarded son in charge just to ruin the empire

Good book if you are a turbo beta or a man child. If you are already in control of your life you won't find anything new.

I'm /fitlit/ and I do my daily cardio listening to my "Outlander" audiobook...

Am I too gay, Veeky Forums?

>tfw my motivation is ripped men in kilts

Attached: MV5BMTEwMDUyMzgyNDVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDQ3ODU3ODIy._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 16K)

Might is right by Ragnar Redbeard

What a coincidence, just rewatched The Machinist today and the primary char was reading that book.

Powerlifting Basics Texas Style, by Paul Kelso.
>does anyone have the pdf

12 million? Worldwide? A bit much, dontcha think?

bait

Attached: Ox96TnB.jpg (589x777, 130K)

For My Legionaries, The Ego and Its Own, and Revolt Against The Modern World are all on my list at the moment, also The Art of War by Machiavelli

anybody have anymore books that would go with pic related?

Attached: iron pill starter pack.png (1864x1792, 3.93M)

Get reading, plebs

Attached: A2210BD9-71C9-4E8E-A28F-3C4C3AB3CDC9.jpg (4032x3024, 2.8M)

this is the only series here that isn't a meme

good job user

Thank me later

Attached: ANTIFRAGILE.png (800x800, 70K)

The ultimate THOT.

Attached: Kramskoy_Portrait_of_a_Woman-8013.jpg (320x320, 47K)

The book of the Ubermensch

Attached: image.jpg (177x285, 6K)

Thrilling book, was smiling the whole time reading it.

>The Aubrey-Maturin series

Easy to read, and will give you a huge test boost guaranteed.

Attached: Aubrey-Maturin.jpg (500x200, 12K)

My little sister in college got it for me for Christmas and said I had to read it. I'm enjoying it so far.

>political theory and greeks are fit
Signs of the pseud

Just finished this - definitely recommend if you're into political psychology/theory.

Attached: 413I9omSlRL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (332x499, 32K)

I really do think Jack Donovan's books are Iron Pill material

Attached: The Way Of Men.jpg (775x548, 88K)

ive read it when i was young

kino

Nah, just keep lifting.

>anyone here care to convince me otherwise?

Nope. You're already against it. If you're interested, you'll read things yourself. There are plenty of introductions, plus the stuff recommended here.

You don't "learn" philosophy. You do philosophy. You live philosophy.

LONG LIVE ROME!

Revolt against the modern world, ride the tiger and be a man amongst the ruins

Attached: gobWmI7.jpg (562x760, 103K)

M'Lady D' Winter is what sealed the deal for me. When I was child I saw Disney's Hercules and I thought "Hercules! No! Don't like Meg. She's plotting on the low scheming on the low!" and sure enough she FUCKED him.. figuratively and physicaly
10 years of rehabilitation later, Im almost cured of the trauma that was induced by that fucking harlot pick, and then I pick up this book.
Fuck women.
We homo now..
n-no homo

Attached: IMG_0655.png (640x1136, 1.25M)

Siddhartha - Hesse
Beneath the Wheel - Hesse
Out of Africa - Dinesen
The Fountainhead - Rand
Fathers and Sons - Turgenev

>Siddhartha - Hesse

Had read this before. Reading it now. Will likely finish it tonight. I also read "Wandering" by the same author; great stuff.

Why would I want to read a book by the original braaaaaappppp-poster?

way of men is a good read, really motivated me when i was going through a rough time

found a lot of purpose from that book, hes a great writer.

>posting the most well known works of evola and thinking that youre LE EBIN TRADITIONALIST
fucking plebs and posers

Its bait you fucking retard

Wandering is great! Siddhartha is such a quick digest for what you can get out of Hesse's interpretation of Buddhism. The Journey to the East and Magister Ludi would be my next two top picks for this thread from Hesse other than the two posted, Steppenwolf gets memed too much to be taken seriously and if you didn't read it in high school it's probably too late.

Seeing as political ideology isn't part of fitness (and however hard you try it never will be) this is completely off-topic

Wew lad

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 21.36.05.png (720x1110, 605K)

>let's read a book about virtue written by a man whose son destroyed the greatest empire of antiquity

never got this meme.

Because there is no way that I couldn't have read ANY of the other books he wrote is there?

Attached: plebs.jpg (320x286, 30K)

I guess I'll add those two to my reading list, then. Thanks, user!

>not Mein Kampf

Attached: 1488850473778.png (980x742, 266K)

I've never had the attention span to read. Only ever read maybe 5-10 books on my own outside of required reading when I was younger. I've also read homestuck (and other online stories) maybe 10 times but that's pretty easy because it's on the internet.

How can I make my brain less autis?

Attached: 1509612425522.jpg (549x405, 44K)

To think europeans, like the japanese, or the jewish people, had an etnhoreligion and due to a semetic cuck like religion temples, costumes and god knows what else was lost.

Look at the pagan celebrations we have today, the olympics, Christmas..

I wish europeans started reading about their mythology like the jews read their bible and the japanese worship their temples, I wish we could build new temples again and approach it the way the japanese approach shinto.

But we're to dumb, so this will do.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 21.37.50.png (1734x1154, 3.33M)

why dont you post beginners book in a thread about recomending books then?
Why hasnt Hermetic Tradition or Mystery of the Grail been posted itt?

Attached: 1465017427856.jpg (2448x2448, 1.14M)

Attached: 9Asoy9l.jpg (605x899, 64K)

Attached: cBnexTA.jpg (1060x1440, 99K)

all the authors in this spout utter fictional bollocks and make great declarations about virtue while displaying none themselves. It's all idealist absurdist shit. Even Hagakure is more realist and that's written by a manchild masquerading as a medieval bodyguard.

Currently reading pic related after focusing on mainly nonfiction for a long spell and greatly enjoying it. Conrad has an instantly recognizable style with the English language, a vivid sense of character, and he isn't as afraid of drama and adventure as some "serious" writers seem to be. It's a shame so many people only read Heart of Darkness. After this I may read The Nigger of the Narcissus, Lord Jim, and Nostromo. I'd recommend him for people who like Hemingway but don't mind a more extravagant style.

Attached: md1607441706.jpg (300x428, 18K)

This, the first book alone is pretty much his struggle with another officer to show who has the biggest balls.

1 book sold for every poor jew burned in those holocaust ovens