Doesnt matter what i do i cant make my back look like the right pic related, not even without weight...

doesnt matter what i do i cant make my back look like the right pic related, not even without weight, i have kyphosis if that matters

i managed to dealift 3.5 plates for reps and im pretty sure i could go for 4, but my back rounds in a way i just dont like, also there are times my lower back is pretty sore

should i just avoid deadlift for ever and just stick with hyperextension and lower back isolations ? i dont want to fuck my ciatica, also when i deadlift i feel like my lowerback is holding me back a lot because of this

Attached: dw.png (629x372, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM
youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why dont think strengthen your lower back then with good mornings and reverse hypers and shit

Maybe try sumo lift?

Have you tried stretching? I've found some form issues can be caused by flexibility.

good morning scares me, i think i will stick with reverse hypers and shit

i dont know if what i have is, flexibility problems or structural (kyphosis) thats why im looking for someone with the same issue

nope, i dont stretch at all, i dont know stretches that may be beneficial to deadlifts neither

as i can touch my toes standing i thought it was enough but by seeing the nature of the movement i think its not

i trie sumo once and almost hurted my knees

Well I can tell u that u have right lata which overpower ur spinal erectors.
What can u do? Sit straight,.walk.straight sleep straight. U also should try to stretch ur lats while pushing ur chest out with ducked in belly and neck.

If you can't lift it correctly, lift lighter weight.

you didn't even make it one sentence into the OP lol

i cant even do deadlfit proper form with an invisible bar, so i will just focus on spinal erector and lowerback strenght exercises without deadlifting like i read above, if that with stretches doesnt help i will just give up on dealifts

Um, yeah. I'm not a NERD! I don't have time to read OP's novel.

Work your abs and glutes.

When you're deadlifting, stick your butt out and your chest forward.

Have someone stomp all over your back until it’s straight

I've found that tilting my head back actually helps remind me to keep my back extended. Also, have you tried pretending you're a gorilla?

kyphosis wont let me do this, already tried, and its like my upper spine is incredible stiff and i dont know how t ostretch it to get the damn well curve for deadlifts

See a fuckin doctor then lmao

if you cant feel your legs and glutes activate just by imagining yourself going from the left position to the right you're never gonna make it

You know it's kyphosis causing your poor deadlift form, fix it up amigo. Go see a physical therapist or look up corrective exercises to help
Unless it has to do with your actual spinal cord and not the muscles, then you might be fucked

i never feel DL on my hams and glutes, only lowerback

i think its my spinal cord, since i hit puberty im deformed, went to doc many times, did kinesio but didnt fix me, at least pull ups helped me hide my kyphosis

Can you get 2 friends?

>Do a deadlift with just 10lb each side + bar.
>Friend 1 moves your body how it's supposed to look so you can feel what's moving where.
>Friend 2 records with phone
I did this for normal everyday standing/sitting posture because I had two decades of shit posture and upon realizing it was shit it was difficult to correct

did you fix it at the end ?

I have this issue. Set up looks fucked up but form is perfect once the bar is off the floor.

Ye but I also don't know if it's because I developed a lot of back/shoulder muscle that helped support my body. It took almost a year to correct standing and sitting was a little past a year. You can have correct posture if you think about it, the challenge is doing it without thinking. Yours could just be because of your condition, but if someone can force you into the correct position maybe you can get a "feel"

Squeeze ur booty on the lock out m8

hamstrings and low back need to be stretched. toe touches are the way to go, but my favorite way to do it is to go to a power rack, put the bar around chest level, put up a foot and do a toe touch.

arch your back like when your bf is railing you from behind. that's the form you want

Attached: (m=eaf8Ggaaaa)(mh=bfdOtyPiAxVNcv2v)3.jpg (320x240, 15K)

Hes pretty cute

if your back is rounding at 3-4 plates, then drop to 275 or 225. This will not only help your form, but if you train with this reduced weight, you'll strengthen your lower back and fix the issue at hand.
For example, all gyms have the skinny kids who read a reddit article about SL and thinks they're pros, lifting 3 plates with catback form.

Nah but I got 2 friends now

Op why don’t you try doing a different variation
I can tell you a lot of your issue is from weakness in your mid and lower trap area but in the meantime while you strengthen that I’d fully recommend doing trap bar, behind the back, and even Jefferson’s as retarded as they may look they all are really safe on your lower back
I don’t think I’ll ever go back to conventional deadlift except for the occasional stiff leg

CHEST UP

SHOULDERS UP

you know I had to do it

Attached: jiggleback.gif (315x373, 83K)

>Trap bar if you have it, start using handles
>Behind the back if you don't have a trap bar
>Use blocks if your back only rounds at the bottom or if you don't have blocks stack plates underneath

A belt also helps.

If you round your back using a trap bar and blocks just don't deadlift. You can build a strong back and legs with other lifts.

Just watch Rippletoe dude youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM

Form in deadlift is a meme. I have been deadlifting nonstop and regularly for 5 years now and have maintained 5pl8 deads with slight rounding of the back. Never had any injuries and 5 is sufficient for me to retain strength and my tiny waist.

Everyone is different; just get the weight up pussy's no amount of PERFECTING your form will help you lift heavy if you're just a beta (which is what most of you/fit/faggots are since nobody fucking lifts here anyway)

Attached: IMG_6973.jpg (540x644, 82K)

>cannot even spell his name without fuckup

Watch this instead OP

I had some upper back rounding kyphosis from sedentary lifestyle, and im close to deadlifting lmao 5pl8

youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E

About how to brace search for how to squat video also with Duffin.

Your upper back is rounded because you have no clue how neutral looks or feels like.
Notice the cues about lat engagement, extremely important in your case.

Lower back rounding is fixed by getting stronger (patience with weight) and proper setup

Attached: 1521004092148.jpg (640x394, 26K)

It's pretty unusual to hit 5 year deadlift with shit form without hitting "the squinch", but I garuantee you when it hit's you'll be so much worse off than the guy who hit it in his first 6 months, recovered after a couple weeks, and learned good form so it didn't happen again.

Ive had a few "closecalls" but those were only because of showing up with lack of sleep and energy to lift 5 plate. In the long run, I'd say its been safer than NOT even trying to lift heavy weight.

Got it once during warmup at 3.5pl8

Coouldny do any lower back work but light goblet squats for 3 weeks
Came out of it stronger and smarter

Terrible pain.
but applying McGill methods and Chris Duffin form on deadlift im stronger than i were and my lifts are safer.