Be real with me Veeky Forums has anyone here actually increased the size of their calves?

Be real with me Veeky Forums has anyone here actually increased the size of their calves?

Looking at mine makes me fucking depressed, especially when I see some other dude at the gym that looks like he has bricks attached to his lower legs.

Attached: massive-calf.jpg (642x390, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kNM2wkhUhEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Be real with me Veeky Forums has anyone here actually increased the size of their calves?
yes.

I increased my calve size by being fat for the majority of my life

yes but my calves and ankles were always "thick" to begin with even as skinny fat. When i was out of shape but thin people thought my calves were muscular because of how fat collected there. Turning it to muscle was the first gains i saw despite only leg pressing and a squating for legs.
Tfw can never be skeleton/Auschwitz because of my lower legs.

Just be a fat fuck your whole life and than start lifting. Worked for me

Attached: IMG_20170923_135151_205.jpg (3120x3120, 2.06M)

Here's a photo not on a chair

Attached: IMG_20180316_154316.jpg (3120x4160, 1.99M)

Calf raises, raptor squats

Or just walking on your toes in general.

Literally just walk around on your toes

Stop walking with heelstrike

Calf raises 1-2x a week didn't make them big but they did get less skinny

Attached: 2bed7c46af93f6fddd028c7f3498e89a.png (294x639, 395K)

I’ve heard big calves are mostly genetic

Mine have always been big after 10 years of playing catcher.
I don't want them any bigger. My SBDs barely fit over them and my pants are tight enough as it is.

Power cleans

manlets need not reply

For decent calves, running. For godlike calves, sprinting. Always on your toes.

I did 3x20 calf raises for 3 months and got up to 6pl8 and never saw any real improvement in my gastrocnemi. Then I started running on my toes and my calves actually grew.

If i run i have a heart attack.

one guy in my gym literally almost killed himself in surgery because he had big upper body and was a calflet and girls were laughing at him

fucking calflets

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 7K)

Should probably focus on that issue before worrying about your calves, broheim.

Starting calves:
> 8x8 calf raises on the smith machine with 30 second gaps between sets.
> Slow movement/hold (count 123 up, then 123 hold, then 123 down)
> Increase weight every time
> Do this every day you’re at the gym

Yep it worked me too when I was real fat. Don't need to do much leg training in the gym.

Mine are finally growing. Here is what has been working so far.
>standing and sitting calf raises
>rest at bottom and don't bounce the reps because Achilles is a strong tendon

There you go. Realize everyone is ego lifting calves

Why?

Mine have gone from laughably small to normal by failure training (3xF, 5 second rest between sets) for both standing and sitting calf raises. Lift slowly, full range of motion, to failure, then take a few breaths, go to failure again, then a few breaths, go to failure again. Basically beat the everloving shit out of them, you'll have DOMs for days.

>commie block detected

Attached: Karl Marx.jpg (568x544, 68K)

Mine are already pretty big because I was a fat fuck for ~8 years. I swear I catch more people mirin' my legs than my arms.

I have, a lot. The only exercise I know that works for them are calf raises.

Attached: 702a4d2cd450f0294fa6a0bbd0332ab1.jpg (450x556, 27K)

My calves are really big, should i still exercise them?

absolutely you can, bike a shot ton and walk or even run regular ie everyday. I used to walk at least 4 miles to and from my collage to my home everyday plus regular workout routine. I combined all of that and lost 50ibs in 3 mouths to the point of people not recognizing me and having the nice calves was a plus.

calves can never be too big. keep going until they're at least the same size as quads for peak aesthetics. srs

friend broke his ankle
had to use crutches
got tire of using them
jumped around on one foot the whole time
one calf muscle got way bigger than the other

I naturally have big calves. Comes from my mother's side as both she and my grandma have big calves without ever lifting. I never really bothered with regular calf exercises because of this until recently. This year I started to do them twice a week because it felt like I was wasting a gift. Calf raises twice a week on the seated machine plus I started doing jumping exercises once a week. My calves haven't gotten much bigger, but I went from 3 plate to 6 plate pretty quickly, and I anticipate I'll do the full max out of what the machine can hold (8 plate) by summer- and they are much more defined as I have the separation you see in the OP pic now. Overall, I think starting calf size is mostly genetic, but it also has a lot to do with lifestyle as most people never use their calves the same way a lot of girls start with flat dead atrophied asses and can transform through doing squats and shit.

I recommend seated calf raises as it removes most of the cheating and do slow, full range reps. I pyramid with them, starting light with 2 plates and adding 1 plate each set. I do 8-10 reps like most of my accessory work. After I get to the top of the pyramid, I do one more set just below that, and then I do a drop set that ends up being like 20ish reps to end it.

Attached: 44568507aadf4515d90d47f5cd6d9acd.jpg (622x485, 20K)

Keep doing calf raises and make sure you don't neglect your soleus muscle by doing seated calf raises with your knees bent 90 degrees. Your soleus is important for an overall thicker appearance and it will make your gastrocnemius pop out more.

Also, do you know those elevator insoles used by insecure manlets to gain an inch in height? Walking on those insoles for a couple hours a day will definitely increase your calves. The elevated heel will force your calves to contract. Just don't do it too often as it may cause problems like shortened tendons or flat feet.

They have definitely gotten bigger since I started, but they lack any sort of definition unless they're flexed mid-rep. Then again like most people I don't prioritize them at all.

I've only known 2 people in my life who had massive calves; one was on roids for nearly a decade and the other was an ex NFL player.

>shows a photo of a guy who has only done one calf raise in his entire life (for the photo)

get a non-propelled lawn mower and mow your lawn every couple days.

"You cant train calves" is a meme spouted by people too lazy to try. They do 4 different chest exercisesand 1 calf exercise and then wonder why their calves are lagging behind.

Calves are a muscle. Train them and they will grow.

>Be real with me Veeky Forums has anyone here actually increased the size of their calves?

Yes. High volume, very slow negative, long pause and stretch at the bottom.

dude no not if you don't have the genetics its doesn't work okay

0/10

hey there lil fella

Where are his calves though?

Yes

Be obese for a decade than lose it.

LONG TERM PLANNING

Shoes are a meme go barefoot as often as possible to grow your calves

I've got holocaust calves. Finally have been finding solid growth by doing a rock climbing workout meant for forearms. 7 sets of raises with a 3-7 second hold at the top and 7 sec rest at bottom. Tibialus raises have also been very helpful.

>is a meme
no, it's not. Training calves in the gym is 100% a waste of time. Unless you're doing your laughable calf raises for 40 minutes straight. Calves recover too fast to hit them right.
You either are genetically blessed or you train them running uphill on cardio days.

this makes you look like a creepy, creepy man, but there is nothing better.

>This
Ive been over 300lbs since i was 15, the only muscles on my body that have any true definition when i flex are my calves and my shoulders(not sure why)

>Not doing Kangaroo training and hopping everywhere to grow calves

It's as if you guys don't even want to make it.

Found the calflet who doesn't train calves and then blames genetics

i didn't know drama from entourage posted on Veeky Forums

If you can blame genetics for small calves, I can blame genetics for small chest and you know no one would take that shit seriously.

t. chestlet with defined calves (mostly from biking)

Calfes are strong from carrying your fat ass, it's common for fat cunts. Not sure about shoulders though

Running jacked my calves up, but I stopped running and pure lifting and lost a shit ton of mass.

Is this legit?
I'm sort of a newbie, been doing Reg Park's 5x5 for 3 months now and I have gains just about everywhere I'd expect, but the calves. I tried going from the recommended 2x15-20 sets to 3x10 with more weight, but shit isn't working.

skip rope for an hour to two hours with short rests in between

who the fuck cares about calves anyway

Eric Bugenhagen never trained calves in his life and looks aesthetic and proportional

youtu.be/kNM2wkhUhEA

Bumpan

yea. just did progressive overload. sitting/standing raise every leg day. 4x12.

This so much.
Run your ass off dude, you'll have godlike calves in no time.
The trick is not to "stomp" but to run so your heels are off the ground, it may take some time but if you master this technique you can cover some serious distances and it's a perfect leg workout in general.