Veeky Forums med crew

Any of my fellow Veeky Forumsizens match for residency today? I'm fukn pumped brahs, going to be a real chad doctor after 4 years of being a virgin med student

Attached: 1519426402411.jpg (512x428, 93K)

congrats

how's that student debt going

also good luck with your gains when you're working 17 hour shifts

Why so mean to Dr. Pajeet

In the long-term OP is going to make bank so no need to be jealous.

Paramedic fag here
Going to study med in a few years
We're all gonna make it

>decided not to go the doctor route since I was fucking with some chick that was and couldn't handle the schedule or even WANTED that shit
>went OCT instead
>99% female, got minority status, and tons of grants due to having a dick
>got a fucking cruve since I was like 1 of 3 guys in the class
>was immediately told I'd have a job once I passed my boards from the hospital as I'm a guy and not crazy like most of the girls were
>making 45$ an hour doing almost fucking nothing until a patient comes in for their therapy

The only thing I don't like is when this older chick that's in charge of all of us tries to out alpha me in front of everyone due to her bullshit "Women strong, men weak," Horseshit . I think she's likes me though as she's always doing these super fucking weird passive aggressive flirty assholeish things to me

>OCT
Optical coherence tomography or occupational therapy?

You are an Optical Coherence Tomology?

occupational therapy I wanted to be a PT but occu was easier and around the sameish salary

I actually want to be a PT but the training pipeline is backed up for years, there are way too few institutions to train people. How do you like your job?

Also what kind of degree or certification did you get?

Hehe ty men

Not that bad because undergrad scholarship and used college fund for half of med school

I do know people with over half a million in debt though... although their families are loaded

But why u mad tho senpai

Good luck bro, it is a journey

PT/OT people seem pretty chill, chicks in the fields also seem attractive and athletic on avg

I went to a technical school instead of a huge ass university which I thought would be smaller class sizes and less people trying ot cram into the classes which I was right ( I learned quick that I do bad in auditorium sized class rooms)

I enjoy it like I said I barely do shit till people come in and have tons of free time. If you are one of those people that need to be working 24/7 to feel like you're doing something and still want a decent paycheck then just be an assistant. Those are the people that get most of the work given to them to do while the rest of us just sit back and get a paycheck.

If you're a guy though like I said you'll get priority as a miniority in the field over women

M2 here-- grats man hope it was a program you wanted.

wish me luck on step

No but i just got accepted into a nursing program last week

What are student loans

Congrats man, you deserve it. This board needs more healthcare bros

Why can’t you just be happy for someone you pathetic piece of shit

From what I see, the only degrees are OTA, Masters in OT, and PhD in OT. The technical schools near me only do OTA so I'm curious how you got a graduate level degree at a technical school. Sorry for bombarding with questions, it's just something I've been looking at doing and haven't actually talked to anyone in the field.

congrats brah go be a 1%er

make sure you unironically vote Republican

Thanks man, and good luck with step 1!!

Congrats, I've met some cool nurses

Thanks senpai and checked

Kek

Attached: 1516051130245.gif (270x210, 1.2M)

Happy for what? he's fucked.

>doing almost fucking nothing until a patient comes in for their therapy
dude what the fuck kind of place are you an occupational therapist at sitting around doing nothing and getting paid?

Checked

Brah I'm already looking at gats to commemorate my graduation

Attached: 1520516130843.jpg (736x541, 71K)

>tfw nursing school

Close enough r-right?

Attached: 1520971011173.png (200x337, 110K)

>got bachelors degree in exercise science from major public university with goal of physical therapy school
>oh shit PT school has a 20% acceptance rate, insanely expensive for a ton more schooling, barely any schools
>apply twice, rejected/waitlisted twice

>okay ill just apply for PT assistant, oh cool there's a community college near me offering it, and only $5k a year instead of the $30k/yr private schools
>that has a 20% acceptance rate too
>get fucking waitlisted to a community college pt assistant program, in part because i didnt take some stupid bullshit CC-only class they have
>now applying again for this year

this is so discouraging im close to quitting it. cant do any real jobs in healthcare without special training so ive been a rehab assistant at a nursing facility making shit money for 3 years and see girls who are OTs my age or a year older already OTs man im tired of it

good luck man i hope it works out for you

This is why I'm considering dropping the PT dream, the pipeline is so choked with applicants it seems beyond stupid to get in line at this point.

its really aggravating. i remember i saw a month ago on here a guy was in PT school having people ask questions, and he said that at the school he is in, i think someone in florida, that people are having to wait so long to get in that they are literally having to retake their required classes because their shelf life expires. fucking classes taken at major universities and their degrees are basically worthless and i guess thats gonna happen to me too.

im so fucking pissed off. i went for this field because i knew rehab was gonna be a safe job for the future with all the boomers getting older, and my mom is a speech therapist and really told me to go for this, and then boom, no schools, sub 20% acceptance rates

Hope you enjoy handing out opioids, legal meth, and dangerous antidepressants for (((pharmaceutical companies)))

Attached: IMG_1740.jpg (960x696, 152K)

Can't believe I got fukn threadjacked by PT/OT's lmao

sorry we arent all as smart as you man

Who hurt you?

Attached: 1516459339062.jpg (483x368, 24K)

Congrats nigga. I'm an M1 but I was at my school's match day today.

Was lit as fuck.

>congrats nigga
>was lit as fuck

jesus christ

I'm not saying your career path is evil, just be conscious of what you're giving to the people who trust you. Opioid addiction has reached crisis level.

I'm not calling pt/ot's dumb at all, just surprised so many on Veeky Forums are interested in that career path, famalam

I have relatives that are pt/ot and doctors love them because they help get people out of the hospital

Thank you for putting this in a non-aggressive way, I agree with what you're saying about opioids. I've had friends affected by it and have seen lots of patients with problems from them. I've been pretty vocal on my rotations about using them responsibly which is in itself hard for a med student to do because you can get no lower on the totem pole

>resident
>chad
lmao no you're the local bitch until you finish residency cuck boi

It's hella fun to ironically talk like a black person bruh

What did you match in? I'm thinking about going EM. I'm the youngest person in my class (just turned 21), so I could be an attending EM doc by 27.

Not every doctor is an opioid shill that’s like blaming every single guy in finance for the financial crisis

Compared to being a med student anything is chad

>I'm the youngest person in my class (just turned 21),

just another day on Veeky Forums

Wdym?

Anesthesiology, I wanted to do critical care and this made the most sense to me

there was a guy at our work who was a physical therapist and went to medical school and is now in residency at the same place he worked.

i wish i was as smart as this guy. he's a polish immigrant and is chad as fuck, wife is a doctor, but he's extremely arrogant and pretty much all the therapists hated working with him

GG bro. Gas with pain fellowship gets you cash

You desi too?

Na bro but ive met lots of cool Indiabros in the ROAD specialties, especially rads and gas

Pain fellowship makes so much money but I hear compensation will be changing and less for pain

I'm planning on ICU and maybe cardiac anesthesia on top of that (also makes good $$$ but shit lifestyle)

>telling medicalfags that the opiate addiction is crisis level
truly the Veeky Forums brainlet meme is accurate

Attached: 1517700562489.png (420x420, 9K)

Lmao look at this faggot

Awesome
As a Veeky Forums doc, the world is your oyster bro. Keep killin it
Where you at? I'm at GCSOM

>you don't have to remind us bro, we're well educated and part of the profession responsible for pushing these pills on the pub-

Attached: IMG_1857.png (500x1233, 1.44M)

neat, I'm in nursing school now. It's not as tough as most people make it out to be, at least not so far. There are lots of retarded women though

>tfw nurses get paid a lot and apparently a ton are stupid women

>Magical 21 year old niggerspeak doctor can't even type out what do you mean
affirmative action in action folks

I'm Indian (and therefore Asian), so I experienced the exact opposite of affirmative action.

Stop speaking like a nigger

>some smelly indian nerd is 21 years old in med school, claims to get "opposite affirmative action" when all indians get into med school, and speaks in ebonics

holy lel

sure thing bud

Attached: medical_school_acceptance_by_race_ethnicity.jpg (750x223, 60K)

>smelly indian nerd gets into med school before most people even graduate college
>still so insecure that he posts images for med school acceptance rates on Veeky Forums

fuck why cant trump expel you cretins

>insecure
I'm not sure where you're picking that up. I'm proud of my accomplishments, I'm just correcting your misconceptions.

>tfw the PT and OT left and i cant talk about it with them anymore

Press F to pay respects

>the profession that has to deal with opiate addicts doesnt know that the amount of opiate addicts has steadily increased
stop smoking crack. im painfully aware that its getting worse when every third patient that gets picked up by EMS and dumped into my ER is an overdose. fuck off.

>arrogant little pharma shill is upset that people aren't sucking his dick for being a doctah

Lol quit crying you glorified drug pusher. I'm sure SmithGlaskoKlien can hook you up with a kickback vacation in the Cayman Islands for the thousandth person you get hooked on pain killers.

Fact is your profession is guilty of pushing this trash on the US. You don't get to say "fuck off im le educated doctor" when you are part of the issue.

Attached: IMG_1738.jpg (1080x1080, 142K)

Congrats man. We're excited for you. Think of us when your patient has autism.

I wouldn't be so pissed at this comment if it weren't for the fact that there are a shit ton of real patients who actually think this way

Doctors will have more lives to answer for in the next world than even we generals. - Napoleon Bonaparte

Little Timmy is acting up too, be sure to dose him up good on adderall.

Attached: IMG_1737.png (500x955, 276K)

congrats man. nursing student here. only half a year left in my nursing training, hoping to get accepted for studying medicine this fall.

I was looking for the fucking school since I was never into the "Oh hai alumni aren't you happy to be a student here!" Bullshit. I think it got unaccreddited or some shit.

I'm in a hospital but our building is kinda seperated from everyone else. It's literally a big room with legit exercise equipment that the pts also use but other than 8am-11am and 4pm-7pm we don't do shit and even then during those times its like 2-3 patients.

Try OT it's less packed because when people think of therapy what do they think of? PTs. Hell even a OTA is like a 2yr program and you make I think what 30-40 an hour. Whereas a PTA is what 4yrs?

You should also look into community/technial colleges and push for minority status. The schools won't tell you this since they only want your money but you could lower your tuition considerably. CCs are easier to do this as it's not a huge ass university getting by on it's name

I'm about to finish my associates in paramedicine, then I'm transferring to a 4 year. I plan on just doing premed.

any medfags of suggestions on programs, or is general premed a good focus?

Attached: 1520973254165.png (500x733, 163K)

Don't pick bio or pre-med, I wish I'd chosen a chemistry major and done bio classes for electives. You don't want to be stuck with a useless bio degree.

Fucking Chemistry holy shit. If I wanted to do fucking math some more I'd go into a fucking math class

>I'm in a hospital but our building is kinda seperated from everyone else. It's literally a big room with legit exercise equipment that the pts also use but other than 8am-11am and 4pm-7pm we don't do shit and even then during those times its like 2-3 patients.

thats crazy man, at my nursing facility the OTs see like 8-10 patients a day, seems pretty bs.

>Hell even a OTA is like a 2yr program and you make I think what 30-40 an hour. Whereas a PTA is what 4yrs?

nah PTA is a 1-2 year program as well.

>You should also look into community/technial colleges and push for minority status.

the thing is there are private basically for profit health colleges that charge literally 30,000 for a yearlong PTA program, or communtiy colleges charging $2,000

>why not do OT

as a rehab assistant i actually do a lot more OT "related" stuff than PT, mainly with wheelchairs. i know how to repair all parts of manual standard and reclining chairs and do a lot with cushions and lateral supports and such, not ADL stuff but i have extensive knowledge of wheelchairs

I don't know your situation but I'm pretty sure your going to have five heavily math based classes and four chemistry classes with labs at the least. The admissions comity wants to see something different in your application, and everyone one has a bio degree. I would really advise against doing something unfocused.

Op here

I agree, I think chemistry, biochem, and biomedical engineering are probably the most balanced ways to get into medicine. They are different enough to stand out but also very related to mcat/med school prereqs.

>nurse
>pharma shill
>people ignore doctor orders and take too many over the counter opiates and too few antibiotics
>its my fault
ok nigga. whoever you need to blame for someone you know dying of an OD. wont change the fact that you scream for the strongest opiates we got when you come in, same as everyone else

damned if we do damned if we dont. what gets me is the patients who refuse to sit and listen to explanations and then get afraid and angry because they dont understand shit

Attached: 1485576054756.jpg (500x500, 54K)

Checked and keked

I always get a kek out of the patients with "allergies" to nsaids, Tylenol, gabapentin, lidocaine, and any opioid that isn't Dilaudid.

Attached: 1518473772296.jpg (1080x1349, 134K)

>we
I bet you’re a student or at best a resident.

I'm in PT school rn. I got all around rejections the first year I applied. Then I took up a job as a tech by applying everywhere in a 50 mile radius. I called every clinic in town and left voicemails looking for a job. Having experience in the field is one of the biggest advantages you can have, even more so than grades in some cases. If you have any questions about anything I'm here for you man. Don't be discouraged, this field is legit the coolest in all of healthcare and very worth it.

what work did you do as a tech

Basically bitch work that the PT doesn't have time for. Cleaning, clearing the gym, doing basic exercises with the patients and logging the bills. But I was always near the PTs and seeing what they were doing so I learned a ton. Literally anyone can do it and it's as "fun" as a slavewage job can be. It took me 3 months of constant calling and applying before I ever got an interview

Not super related, but I'm a firefighter.

You're cool in my book. Post calender pics

i have been a "tech" for like three years in a nursing facility. i am not allowed to do any exercises or anything like that because apparently that is illegal except for outpatient clinics, and in nursing facilities billing insurances like medicare to have a non-therapist doing anything like that.

basically what i do is that same kind of bitch work you did like cleaning, but also a lot of wheelchair repair (i can fix pretty much all things on all types of chairs), filing documentation, ordering and sometimes fitting equipment on chairs, basically anything besides working manually with patients. its really very boring, and it sucks because to do anything in healthcare you have to have certifications, so this is basically all i can do. all my experience in college and degree was for physical therapy so idk what id do otherwise

ive given up on physical therapy school but i am attempting pta school, applied to a nearby one last year and get waitlisted, find out pta schools are just as competitive as pt school, i dunno whats gonna happen to me. i just dont know how much longer i can sit here working a shit job and getting rejected from these schools.

What are your GPA and GRE scores? I know people in my class that got in with sub 3.4 and average GRE. Before doing PTA look at the trend the industry is going and do some research, last I heard some insurance companies have stopped / are planning to stop paying for PTA services (might be a rumor?). I got in with a 3.7 and middle of the pack GRE scores btw