Meal Prep General

Does Veeky Forums do meal prep? Pic related is my meal preps for the next 3 days, plus I cook breakfast each morning. I have 3 bolgogi chicken and 3 pulled chicken plus 3 pastas with meat sauce that aren't pictured. This makes getting macros perfect so fucking easy brehs and it saves me so much time instead of cooking each day. It's makes this whole endeavor so much easier.

Attached: Snapchat-1432410408.jpg (1080x1920, 457K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/WfgghsW
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah I recently started this and it's GOAT. I cook twice a week for an hour each time for all my lunches and dinners. I still make breakfast daily tho.

Any good guides for putting together a weekly cook on a bulk?

not OP, but I do the exact same thing. Prepping two times a week to keep my meals fresh.

I always felt that eating chicken that was cooked 2-3 days ago would poison the fuck out of you.

I don't but really want to get into it, just got some tupperware. Anyone got any good recipes?

Not if you refrigerate it. When you cook it you more or less sterilize it so if you put it in a clean container it won't be too germy
>cut chicken thin, marinate it overnight soy sauce sesame oil, garlic and then fry it. Serve with rice and broccoli.

I mangaed to make a month's worth of lunches and dinners back on the 3rd and 4th. Working well so far.

Soups, stews, chili, etc, make good beginner prep recipes since they freeze and microwave so easily.

I wouldn't recommend soups because they're a bitch if the container doesn't do its job

Cook on sundays for the whole week, takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Whats yall opinion on over night oats? Is it worth making? Recommend any recipes?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-17-14-50-57.png (720x1280, 285K)

It might be a very dumb question but: are there specific plastics you should avoid with meal prep? Looking to avoid endocrine disruptors.

Attached: goal.webm (540x302, 187K)

Unless you're storing liquids, like soup, I wouldn't worry about it, solid food isn't going to leech anything noticeably. If you're still nervous there are glass containers with rubber lids you can get, not that great for transporting to work, but they're easier to wash.

You didn't join the real and active Official Fitness Server on Discord yet??
Advice on routine and posture advice, motivate each other, awesome stories, feels, food pics recipes and diet checks, fasting, etc. Self improvement, nofap and even relationship advice.
We also have some fun channels like memes or a channel dedicated to tinder thot patrolling.
For those who want more adventure, we have a contest: post a pic in begin of the month, and one at the end. Then users vote and the winner gets prize money!
We have lots of guys participating, but only one Female. So femanons dont leave her to be alone

We accept people from all fitness levels: fat, average or athletic. As long as you are encouraging and motivating you are most welcome!..........
discord.gg/WfgghsW

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (800x800, 85K)

What sort of containers should be used for soup? The soup containers from Chinese radians?

Just get glass then

yes. angular units from east Asia are known for their soup containers

Just use 5 minute oats in the morning

get glass or BPA free, you'll be fine.

>warming up food you cooked a month ago

fucking autists.

Thanks, I'll get the Pyrex ones, seems fine. Any good resources out there to get organized on meal prep?

But thats the issue mate i dont have time im the morning i shower, get dressed, get in the car, and off to school so i thought of over night oats due to preparing them the night before and grab and go process would be nice for time effort and probable

waste of time unless oats are unironically your favorite food

Attached: oats.jpg (914x1280, 240K)

mindblowing protip: if you go to bed 5 minutes earlier, you can wake up 5 minutes earlier

They are worth if you like them.
100g oats
15g chia seed
100g banana
100g berries
200ml milk
100ml water

How much would it cost to do that user.

Are you unfamiliar with the idea of a freezer?

It just costs whatever the food you put in them cost. This is 1 kilo of chicken 1 cup and a half of rice and a half cup of black beans plus some broccoli.

They are mate
Thanks mate for the recipe
Ill take that under consideration user

"mate" "mate" mate" op are you a faggot irl

Not op but alright....mate

I’m surprised he has internet

same here.
beans, chicken, broccoli, salmon, rice and random veggies.

when bulking i simply combine milk, oats and the rest.
when cutting, oats, water, the rest, 4-6h in the fridge,

Shit user, thw one on the right with the chopped shallots? Looks tasty as fuck

2-3 days is fine, it just tastes like shit after that

Half an onion, a clove of garlic 1/3 a cup of soy sauce, 1 pound of chicken breast sliced thin as fuck, 2 green onions, a table spoon of sesame oil and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Cut everything into thin pieces and throw it in a bowl to marinate over night then the next morning fry the chicken, throw everything else out and serve with rice.

Love it. Easy recipe:
- half a mashed banana
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of milk
Mix and refrigerate overnight. Slice up other half of banana and mix in.

Instead of banana you could add a tablespoon of honey and cinnamon to taste

Excellent, godspeed user

Important note, you can fry the onions and serve them with the chicken and you can substitute any other meat for the chicken

It's almost always chili or some kind of curry mixed with beans and quinoa.

I get all 4 daily servings of veggies through smoothies.

microwaving egg whites, oatmeal and broccoli doesnt take much time so no i dont meal prep

Attached: 08AD3CDA-ECA9-4DD6-AC45-0101E514ED3D.jpg (800x533, 121K)

Any links to the chicken recipes you are making

So I need to hear those meals up when I eat them correct?
I was thinking about making something simple to eat every day since I'm poor.

Already in the thread

Wait, you dont cook your oats?
Fucking disgusting.

I do but only when i have time which is why im ask if other user tried it and see their point of view on make overnight oats

when you marinate do you keep it in the fridge so it doesn't go bad?

it's easier and cheaper to buy everything in bulk once a week. spend an hour cooking it, throw in tupperwear, and freeze.

yes, keep it in the fridge overnight.

Why do you throw everything else out? Seems like a waste of food.

the onion and garlic are a part of the marinade, which has raw chicken in it.

why don't you cook those too

I'm an autistic retard who has never cooked a meal prep in my entire life. Could I get some guidance? I'm thinking of something simple, perhaps broccoli, chicken, and rice?

Attached: 1504790356914.jpg (1080x1068, 130K)

It's easy peasy man, just cook it and put it in a microwave safe container

Freeze it or fridge it? I'm concerned about the date it spoils.

I fridge shit for 2-3 days and that's it

prep once a week and freeze. microwave to eat.

Thanks! I'll share the advice if I ever get the chance.

Attached: Here's a funny joke....png (1250x1214, 1.02M)

just tar now and post pics of what you're doing as you're going along and we'll help you out

What are some too foods to buy in bulk?

Oh any make sure you have some variety so you don't kill yourself. Chicken, rice and broccoli only satisfy for so long

I try to mix lean meats, rice/quinoa/pasta of some kind, potatoes, fruits, salad, etc.
The fruit/salad just keep separate because you can't nuke it when you go to eat

This, I have 3 pork recipes, 3 chicken recipes, 3 beef recipes, and 3 veggie recipes. On Sunday I just pick at random from my 12 recipes and make 4 of them which makes around 3 servings each.

Please post recipes.

chicken breast, broccoli, and rice. i don't even do the rice anymore, so all i eat for 6 days a week is chicken breast, broccoli, and olive oil. cheap, healthy, and easy to prep.

>Chicken, rice and broccoli only satisfy for so long
that's why you have a cheat meal every week. learn to love doing the same shit every day, that's how you grow as a man.

lol most food is perfectly fine for 5 days refrigerated

>Eating

Looks like a great way to break your fast.

I don't have recipes I just know the way I lIke food. Chicken you do pull porked type spicing, pork you can make Katsu, beef is food as sauce or stew ect

yum

Attached: dpy9rnps5dm01.jpg (3836x2874, 777K)

wake up
shower
pour oats in bowl
pour water in bowl
microwave for 2 minutes while you get dressed
done

>bland food thrown directly into plastic containers

never gonna make it

>not becoming Veeky Forumsck/

this was my first day of my diet

since then I've cooked some more stuff

I got at least 30 days worth of chicken, assuming I eat chicken daily, for less than $15. Half of it I boiled in italian spices, the other half I boiled in hot spices. So far so good. Today I cooked broccoli for the first time. I have a lot more squash to cook, and yesterday I ate what squash I had cooked and it was delicious

I made goulash that same day as pic related and I've been eating that all week, plus some nuts and other things to make up calories. Once I get more in the groove of cooking massive amounts of veggies I'll be doing better. But so far so good really

And I'm learning more and more about cooking

Attached: mealprep day 0.jpg (1440x810, 125K)

Tomorrow I might cook all of my squash. But I've got another bowl of chicken like in that pic that I need to shred, portion, and freeze.

Ah fuck and I have like 4 lbs of tilapia I need to get cooked

I'll probably have enough meat for a year in the freezer at work by the end of the month tbqh. A package of nuts or trail mix or protein shakes to meet calorie/protein goals. A ton of fucking veggies and a little fruit. I'm gonna be shredded, bros

I would do it but I find it easier to drink calories and I'm already using a lot of time cooking lunches and dinners

Would do if NEET

He's probably just Australian mate

Wtf how many oz or grams of protein is each meal??

Around 50