/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

'many repetitions of reverse hyperextensions' edition.

ITT: bench press, squat and deadlift discussion. volume is welcome, shit form is forbidden.

Attached: 1516950528708.jpg (1024x1016, 318K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BgJ3Xvul8H2/?hl=en&taken-by=denniscornelius500
instagram.com/p/BgckA5NlIIr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bench press is the best measure of raw physical strength.

the only reason you would downplay it is because you're a soft, delicate fairy with a shit bench.

Attached: 1515375188251.png (588x427, 194K)

Reminder not to take this hobby too seriously. Train hard, don't make excuses, don't ask to be spoon-fed, figure shit out for yourself.

Put up a respectable total on the platform by being physically and mentally strong, not by doing the splits or acrobatic contortionist routines. Strength is strength.

Reminder that equipped (single ply) is the only real powerlifting.

How can I conquer 455 lbs squat friends.

I hit 315 for volume and speed, 12 reps give or take. 405 gets fatuiging after 7 reps. Then 435 for 3. I'm also trying to cut a little bit over the next month or so until I'm ready to ease off powerlifting for a bit. I'm 5'7 with a 181 bw

1. find sticking point
2. more accessories for said point

If you can squat 435x3 then you can squat 455x1, easily.

1 @ 8
@

I've gotten it up for one but all the weight seems to roll up my neck just a noticeable amount. I can't get it for 2 and I don't really count 1rm's as conquered desu

Should be training the area below the sticking point

plz explain what the sticking point is, ass to grass or where I lock out on weight?

Its individual to you...

explain yourself
>

He doesn't understand what the term means

It is where you slow down on heavy reps and fail too heavy ones

GARAGEBRO SHOWING THAT ROIDS GET INTO HIS HEAD TO MUCH

I was pointing out that the decompression stuff is something he was shown by donnie?

It amused me seeing as plg has the stance that you cant take anything from anyone that competes in lolfeds

Also, of your list of bullet points i literally only said ray got that from donnie, i wasnt involved in the other discussion, it was a standalone point

Thank you friend.

Attached: IMG_1680.jpg (708x1350, 338K)

>gets involed into discussion just to say that one guy get thing from another guy

lmao how inescure about ipf are you

I can appreciate the achievements of IPF lifters as well as the ones from my own fed

Just today i was messaging isley to compliment him on his recent prs and technical mastery of the equipment, hes getting more out of a singleply shirt than a lot of multiply guys

>have problem locking out on bench (triceps issue)
>nah bro hit chest

Attached: 1519447103468.jpg (1000x563, 51K)

You fail because you dont have enough speed into the point where you get stuck because you lack strength in the position just below it

What the fuck is wrong with people in here, this is basic stuff

therefore if he will get stronger triceps he will be able to do it as his position after weak position will be strong enough to finish the work

GARAGEBRO BTFO

The weakness will still be there so youll have to get even stronger triceps to fight the deceleration

Again, basic entry level stuff, im done for tonight

100% broscience horse shit right here

Dude..

Attached: Bubbles Blink.gif (640x480, 1.76M)

>oh shit i'm getting called out for being a retard
>heh, i'll just tell them i'm done and walk away like a real cool customer

i accept your admission of defeat.

Attached: 1509142556431.png (257x362, 41K)

so he will get EVEN MORE AND MORE stronger triceps and become TRICERATOPS

problem? NEVER ENOUGH TRICEPS RIGHT BABE? 100 TRICEP EXTENSION RIGHT BABE?

Is this only me or Garagebro starting to look like rich piana of plg

I don't know who is worse, you the inveterate autist who tries to stir up shit with the same stable of anime reaction images, or me the person who can recognize you damned near immediately based upon reaction image and posting style.

You're talking to autistic children who care more about 'winning' than being correct.

The sticking point is where the bar moves the slowest, and if it moves slow enough you fail the lift.
To address this you can start working from the point where the bar *begins* to slow down, i.e with a pause/tempo or pin/box/board/block variation so you're spending a lot of time strengthening that specific part of the ROM moving through the sticking point.

>being so obsessed with random posts on Veeky Forums that you attribute all of them to a single boogeyman

LMAO @ YOUR FUCKING LIFE YOU PATHETIC FAGGOT.

Attached: laughing boomhauer.png (311x300, 182K)

>tripshit joins in to defend his fellow tripshit vermin

you know tripcodes are meant to be temporary and used on a per thread basis, right? go be a histrionic little shit stain somewhere else you obese manlet.

Styrkeloftanonsen?

>you know tripcodes are meant to be temporary and used on a per thread basis, right?

I refer you back to my comment about autistic children.

you do know that you can search for specific files on the archives right?

Attached: explain yourself part 2.png (775x892, 236K)

your projection is not an argument, histrionic shitter.

>get called out for being obsessed
>this gets to you so much you trigger your own confirmation bias by literal filename stalking

how fucking embarrassing for you lmao. also, you've proved nothing beyond how obsessed you are. sort yourself out you little fucking faggot.

Attached: 1520814566538.jpg (407x407, 15K)

All I want to know is why you have gone from claiming 6'3" to 6'4" to 6'5" now friend. Why are you LARPing?

Attached: explain yourself.jpg (2200x5100, 788K)

>oh shit he put me in my place
>heh, i know, i'll make up some lies haha

i think this is 100% legitimate, unironic, easily diagnosed by a professional, SEVERE autism.

Attached: 1509252962233.png (364x322, 14K)

>letting someone get to you THIS much

fuck that's cringey. he definitely won btw. let it go.

You don't "need" full thoracic extension to deadlift. In fact, if you have poor thoracic mobility and try to force extension, you may have instability in the lower back. If you can keep your trunk/abdomen braced well while you hinge you should be all set to pull without pain.

Is it a problem locking out or is it a problem where your humerus gets parallel to the ground?

Ye but when I kept doing mobility everything was fine. I stopped. Now some slight knee discomfort before squats (after warmup its great), back pain after deadlifts.

Im just gonna back to do mobility work like Jim Wendler said

Honestly it's kind of interesting going through some of his older posts. I'm not frustrated anymore this shit is kind of cool. Sort of a journey into the mind of a shitposter as he moves from /a/ to /co/ to /r9k/ briefly to Veeky Forums now

Have sex

this might be good idea too desu

brainlet here
give me a simple, foolproof program to consistently put on mass and strength. im low intermediate

Attached: 4ab.jpg (600x647, 21K)

>resorting to further lying by tempering it with projection

yep, the autistic, clueless retard is done. he just can't accept that he's obsessed with a boogeyman. sad. enjoy your delusion then.

Attached: 1521206443623.jpg (300x480, 68K)

Read the sticky x Failure

The one where you lift a lot and eat big. Stats?

ffs nobody cares, fuck off and kys underage faggot

i can bench 140 3-4 times, deadlift 200 for like 15 reps until i run out of breath (thats all the weights i have for now but getting more), i squat low weight for high reps because i dont have a power rack but now ill have proper equipment

Well that'd be a start, maybe start on something like Greyskull when you do. Get some volume in and drink milk. There's no one program you'll be able to run forever unfortunately or we'd all be jacked and have 1500lbs totals shredded.

isnt greyskull ss with arms? i dont think i can progress linearly, definitely not on bench

kg or lbs

kg of course. and i weight 85kg

At 140x3 you definitely can. Unless wait, ?

Reminder.

Attached: eat-a-ton-of-protein-squat-heavy-push-heavy-objects-4951408.png (500x566, 171K)

>You quit powerlifting because cutting made you sad.

The first thing I did after my last meet was cut some more.

You're buttmad because you can't get over your own crippling insecurities in order to lift Big Boy weight.

Attached: Analpocalypse.jpg (800x810, 207K)

Had my first meet today boys. How's 290 wilks after a year of lifting?

instagram.com/p/BgJ3Xvul8H2/?hl=en&taken-by=denniscornelius500
>xD just eat and sleep more

>290 wilks

Attached: 1508639160091.jpg (1080x1405, 95K)

Reminder that a forklift operator's equipment can lift more than yours can.

It doesn't really matter what you're wilks is, as long as it's going up.

It doesn't REALLY matter what your wilks is regardless. Wilks is a bullshit meme that only serves to help weight class babbies and women cope with their irrelevance by pretending it doesn't exist. There are weight classes for a reason, and that's because it's invariably stupid to compare weights across them. The only exception being a heavier weight lifted at a lighter weight class.

FIGJAM YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Have sex

Attached: 1460214717377.jpg (259x194, 6K)

Reminder, you can make a lot of shekels if you can repackage someone else's programs and sell ebooks based on them.

But wilks is most beneficial to superfatties and megatwinks. 83-105 get the least benefit. I'm pretty sure there's a point where you can just gain weight and not add to your total and your wilks will go up.

>290 wilks
Utter meme. What were your lifts and weightclass?

Weighed in at 85.5kg, squatted 160, benched 100, DLed 170. All of this was raw.

I did my first meet today!

Good work lad, hope you had fun. Remember that consistency, intelligently trying hard and being around stronger lifters are the keys to big gains.

For too long, I ignored this simple truth. Now I focus on my bench.

nice blog post

>no results or stats given

you left out the part where it was total shit and you went 2/9 or something lmaoooooooo

wft is going on with the weather in the UK? this morning it was sunny and hot, now its like a fucking blizzard?????

I follow this girl on ig. wtf is she talking about? this is not how you measure depth

Attached: wtf.png (651x1153, 1.35M)

>over your own crippling insecurities in order to lift Big Boy
"I cut below 240 lbs and now I can't bench 300," the post.

Attached: 1521320944202m.jpg (626x1024, 54K)

>using eleikos in pounds
>not kowing how to measure squat depth

WELCOME INTO HAMBURGER LAND

I don't know about you but I'm going sledging

but that's a totally accurate way to measure depth. maybe you should stop being a pompous faggot so you don't expose yourself for being totally ignorant.

lol you're an idiot. Top of hip has to go below top of knee.

t. shit vision, shit lifts, total ignorance and major goal post moving

Wow what a projection

nah. you're just still mad and bitching because your ignorance was quickly pointed out. hop off your parents' computer and go read a book, moron.

t.westside barbell. her squat isnt high, but her mspaint line is not how you measure depth. the hip crease bellow the knee

Attached: wtf.png (651x1153, 1.03M)

>moving the goal posts AGAIN after being proven wrong

also, the top of the knee isn't even wear you arbitrarily placed it you shit sighted faggot. give it a rest already, all you're doing is humiliating yourself.

Attached: 1504058409936.jpg (672x672, 199K)

oh I dint know this was bait. sorry

>this is what ignorant morons with shit vision and shit lifts have to tell themselves in order to sleep at night

lol k

That's about where I was at my 1 year mark desu. Congrats, you probably have about average genetics.

Can confirm this works. Had sex last night, then pulled an unscheduled PR without much struggle this morning.

Attached: Deadlift 505x1.webm (720x1280, 2.92M)

If you think about it isn't having sex basically a feeder workout for the musculature most responsible for deadlift strength (glutes/hamstrings/back)?

505 kg, neat.
instagram.com/p/BgckA5NlIIr/

NICE PR but please slack out, squeeze chest than pull dont pull on loose arms

suprised that your coach Jon (TM) didnt cue that out

also why is there guy doing snatches of blocks with 2.5kg plates

because he's learning. have you ever had to learn anything or were you born with infinite knowledge?

I was learnt by Mark Rip that deadlift starts with 1pl8, so he cant be learning deadlift if he doesnt even have minimal load, can he?

Maybe he's learning how to do snatches?

My arms aren't loose. I'm just pushing my knees into them so they are bent a little. Also Jon isn't my coach.

where do you find these girls the only ones i come across all have a bf and then i dont even try

GDE but well done!

gf sent me this

Attached: bae.jpg (599x797, 77K)