Daily reminder that if you are on a keto diet you are literally going against what science says is healthy for you

Daily reminder that if you are on a keto diet you are literally going against what science says is healthy for you.
when did you realize keto/low carb diets are a meme?
literally the only reason they work for people is because cutting the carbs out of your diet automatically means your cutting off half or more of your total calories, and drops a shitload of water weight.

Basing your diet off of majority fat is 100% retarded. Fat isn't the body's preferred energy source. It's carbs. Carbs are burned off faster and not stored as extra adipose tissue, only as glycogen, while fat actually becomes adipose tissue. Meaning the fat you eat is essentially the fat you wear. beyond that, the side effects and risks of a keto diet are fucking insane and too many to count. Keto diets have given CHILDREN heart attacks.

as if that isnt enough and to hammer the point home, all the "experts" that endorse a low carb high fat diet are fucking fat, and all the experts that actually are on the side of science and promote a high carb diet are lean.
you have to be a legit fucking retard to do keto. its the biggest meme in fitness in regards to dieting.
youtube.com/watch?v=1dj-Wmmt0FE
youtube.com/watch?v=MzHLAqyO7PQ&t=271s
youtube.com/watch?v=CeEcNmmiyNM

Attached: images.png (217x232, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/centers_clinics/epilepsy/adult/adult-epilepsy-diet-center/index.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/313701
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1534437
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16904539
drmcdougall.com/misc/2014nl/mar/krauss2.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18348715
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2663974/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Carbs are what the body uses for energy right away. Fat is what it uses as storage energy.
So the more fat you eat, the more storage you have.
and the fatter you become.

but when you dont use the carbs right away, the body doesnt just get rid of them the body converts it to fat
also keto should be accompanied by fasting
also what about the early humans that had nothing to eat but animals? they barely had any carbs and they lived and reproduced just fine

>Carbs are burned off faster and not stored as extra adipose tissue,

Attached: rp.gif (500x404, 52K)

1. Keto is indeed not healthy.
2. More to the point it's not sustainable.
3. Bashing 'low carb' diets is wrong though. Carbohydrates are used for ENERGY ONLY, not anything else, so if you take in more than what you need of them you will get fatter, clearly and objectively.

>he unironically thinks fat is only used for energy
Fatty acids are used for many things, your nervous system (including your brain) and hormone production among them. Go back to middle-school health class, kid.

>keto should be accompanied by fasting
You're retarded. At that rate you may as well just take DNP (literally metabolic poison) and risk death to lose weight.
This is FATASS REASONING; are you a fatass?

Yes, you see they're dumb, don't you?

> but when you dont use the carbs right away, the body doesnt just get rid of them the body converts it to fat
of course, a calorie SURPLUS of anything can make you fat, but it's extremely hard to eat a surplus of true healthy complex carbs.
the carbs themselves don't get converted to fat, the body will sweat it out, increase your body temperature, and burn it. only fat gets converted to actual bodyfat.

> they lived and reproduced just fine
no they didn't. the average lifespan back then was extremely short
meanwhile the longest living people of all time eat a diet that is majorly carbohydrates. the thinnest people too.

they are. I don't know why you're refusing to accept science.
carbs are the immediate energy source that gets burned. fat is the storage reserve source. eating more fat means more fat gets stored as bodyfat.

>so if you take in more than what you need of them you will get fatter, clearly and objectively.
no disagreement. the thing is it's extremely tough to overeat on true complex carbs.

>it's extremely tough to overeat on true complex carbs
Uh no, you can stuff your face with white rice and get 1000kcal without noticing.

>>he unironically thinks fat is only used for energy

lol except I never said that fat is ONLY used for energy.

first off, what the fuck is DNP?
second, i dont fast to lose weight i do it for autophagy which has been proven, by a nobel prize winner, to be more effective at battling cancer than chemotherapy
the worst that can actually happen is low blood sugar or starvation (which takes quite some time to actually happen) and if you want to see somebody who fasts right see the snake diet guy

>More to the point it's not sustainable.
What is this meme people keep posting?

Attached: 1519617629475.jpg (309x305, 62K)

lol, are you fucked? 1000 calories of white rice is like 5 cups.
no normal person would eat that much rice without noticing it.

>early humans that had nothing to eat but animals
OMFG you're utterly retarded
>what are hunter-GATHERER cultures
Look at what modern hominids eat, you fucktard

>he can't eat
soymanlet detected

>What is this meme people keep posting?
Oh you mean keto? Yeah it's a meme, why do people keep posting it? So annoying.

> What is this meme people keep posting?
what is keto?
just a fad diet that has been debunked time and time again as unhealthy yet never seems to go away
fuck, the guy who started the whole Atkins diet shit died of heart disease. that should tell you enough.

Fat people aren't normal

>atkins = keto

Attached: 1514211474847.png (625x773, 143K)

Keto works for weightloss but even its proponents like Dom D conceded to eating more than 20grams carbs/day (like 60). Why? Because even with ketones muscle just dont work right w/o a quick glucose->gylcogen metabolism.

those videos don't prove anything...
I can't even...
>carbs are unable to get converted to fat, the excess is sweated out
stored fat is energy
is glucose energy?
excess will be stored as fat...
we sure as fuck didn't survive on pic related, it was a snack for between the kills while hunting, if anything

Attached: pre.jpg (696x370, 60K)

>he guy who started the whole Atkins diet shit died of heart disease

Dr. Atkins died on April 17, 2003, at the age of 72. Atkins official death certificate states the cause of death as "Blunt impact injury of head with epidural hematoma". Nine days prior to his death, Atkins fell and hit his head on an icy New York pavement.

my bad i remembered it wrong. he died while having heart disease, not of it.

>those videos don't prove anything...
you didn't click the right videos then

high fat, low carb diet.
they're basically the same thing

that wasn't the point of argument you moron.

Triggered fatty detected

>there is an illness named after the diet you are following
>think this is perfectly fine

Attached: 1508766745517.jpg (249x228, 6K)

Attached: images.jpg (224x225, 9K)

How is this bait?
The science is there. High carb is objectively healthier than keto.

Im not the one who thinks its easy to shove down 5 cups of white rice without thinking about it

If you're gonna support dumbass diets then at least get a picture that doesn't have a fucking drawing of an 'undomesticated' watermelon

Johns Hopkins disagrees with you
hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/centers_clinics/epilepsy/adult/adult-epilepsy-diet-center/index.html

Would the best neurologists in the country prescribe something "you'd have to be a legit fucking retard to do"? And would this treatment explode in popularity over the last couple of years, as a safer and more effective alternative to medication?

I realize you think you understand, but you don't. The way you don't know what its like to hold your breathe for 5 mins, is the same way you don't know understand ketosis. It feels against science and logic, but when I am on keto, I feel carnal and alive, with more energy, needing less sleep, faster muscle repair. To experience it truly, you need to workout and eat a surplus. I'm one of the few that keto bulks, 5-6k calories. It's glorious. I wish I could convince you of how amazing it is, but there is no way of just showing you.

>dat projection

(((best neurologists)))

Bull shit. Humans have only been eating carbs for the last few thousand years our bodies haven't even had time to evolve to digest them properly. Do you think cave men were eating potatoes and pasta? No they ate meat and fish and a diet high in fat and they got along just fine.

I love this "NOT sustainable" rhetoric thats always espoused by retards. Sure, if all you're eating is spinach, bacon, chicken, and avacodos...fuck yeah you'll burn out in short order.

I've been in clinically confirmed ketosis for over 11 god damn years with my husband after I put him on strict 4:1 keto for his seizures. I've been running Modified Atkins the whole time. The only major difference between him and I is he counts his carbs strictly as if the will of God has compelled him.

His seizure condition is so well controlled on a slightly more restrictive version of the modified Atkins I run that he hasn't been on his seizure meds for 10 years. Seizure medications they'd been giving him since he was 8 years old that effectively did nothing to mitigate the frequency and intensity of his episodes. Went from a weekly occurance to non-existant in a matter of a week after putting him on the diet.

My ketone levels fluctuate between 2.0 and 2.8mmol depending on food choices and activity. Averages 2.5. I run 2 blood panels every year and have been fandor a decade and according to my physician are the very deffinition of perfect.

Nope. You aren't in ketosis if you eat Atkins. You need to go under 30 or even 25 g of net carbs a day to be in ketosis.

Attached: 1520227807322.jpg (750x471, 319K)

>The fat you eat is the fat you wear
HOLY KEK
Literally "I won't get fat if I don't eat fat" KEK

Daily reminder that bullshittybulshitshitshitbullshitsoyboynumalebetabullshitfaggottrybrosciencebullshiblah!!1!11!

I mean you're right but your post is still cancerous as fuck and based on those youtube videos I'm pretty sure it's just a falseflag.

protip carbs are not turned into fat kcal for kcal
if you eat 100kcal carbs and assuming the body uses all of them to add fat you'll get less than 100kcal fatter. I don't remember the exact proportion, but it's significant.

I have a nose for spotting truth in piles of shit.
this is truth lads. discard OP he is a blind follower of science papers and found a paper stating it is bad, now he thinks it's bad for everything, like a retard that follows the bible blindly. he cherry picks (poor done) studies and takes them as fact.

>fat as fatass
>telling me diet is a meme
>telling me IT JUST WORK because
So basically it works
/thread

I have a masters in nutrition and I tried telling people this for the first 10 years but it's just not worth it anymore.
Everyone thinks smelling like shit and making your body use ketones is a fantastic thing because you lose weight easy and can still eat like shit.

I admire you OP but this is a lost fight.

Excess fucking anything will get stored as fat. And it is easier than you think to overeat complex carbs.

Besides, the lifespan back then was very short due to infant deaths. Hunter gatherers typically lived until their 50s, and died due to violent reasons or infections.

The average lifespan was short only because of infant mortality. The testing done on adult remains show they were very healthy individual above our average modern man.

I'm 99% sure I was in ketosis earlier today, but tonight I visited my mother and drank 4 bottles of "diet" soda that it turns out had 7g carbs each in them.
Did I fuck up?
That's almost 30g of carbs, so am I going to get knocked out of ketosis?
Other than that I haven't really had anything with carbs today, just meat, cheese stringers, and dark sugar free chocolate.

>muh complex carbs
>muh glycogen

Oh shut it carb fag

white rice is very refined. Try brown rice.

This is highly variable and dependant on the individual. And blood testing is the only way to clinically confirm ketosis. Ketone urinalysis strips will give you an idea if you're close or in ketosis. But that isn't confirmation.

I average ~100 grams of net carbs and my ketone levels are consistently in the high end of ketosis. My husband can tolerate up to 60-ish before his ketones start dropping like a rock and strictly limits himself to 50. I also tolerate excess carbs better than him in that my ketone levels are slower to respond to dietary carbs and they rebound to my baseline quicker. I suspect this is on account of me being 195lbs and a body builder, who does heavy labor and the gym every day, while he's a 150lb runnerfag that runs twice a week and has a desk job.

>but when you dont use the carbs right away, the body doesnt just get rid of them the body converts it to fat
If you don't gulp down pounds of sugar a day, the body won't. De novo lipogenesis doesn't work in humans inpractice - you can force it in laboratory settings by eating 2 lbs of straight sugar every day, you'll gain a few grams of fat after some weeks, but in real life, you would have LONG stopped eating anythign sweet after such a carb load.

>completely ignores the fatties who scarf down whole packages of Little Debbie snack cakes and wash them down two liter bottles of Mountain Dew.

Ill trust science over a dangerous diet that's been proven to hurt people

there's a while lotta fat in those cakes...

>>completely ignores the fatties who scarf down whole packages of Little Debbie snack cakes and wash them down two liter bottles of Mountain Dew.
Those only exist in American propaganda movies and I'm not American, so you should watch less TV and read more books.

Yeah, I always forget Americans are really too dumb to read labels in many cases. Hint: Those 5 croissants you eat aren't making you fat because of the carbs.

>No they ate meat and fish and a diet high in fat and they got along just fine.
Are you fucking joking? Cave men?
Back then the average life span was short as fuck, so theres no way to know if they would "get along just fine". Just lol at you using cave men as an argument.

This is what denial looks like lol.

Thank you bro

1 package of Little Debbis cakes has 150 grams of sugar,
Mountain Dew has 122g of sugar per litre. Two litres have 244 gram, let's say 250.

So, 2lbs, aka 1 kg of straight sugar, in your example, would be: 5 packs of Little Debbie's + 2 litres of Mountain Dew EVERY DAY.
This also means about 8000 calories just in sweets and let's not forget those little Debbie's also have 350 fucking grams of fat in them, meaning 3150 calories per day just from fat.

Source: Walmart website

So, in short: Let's see some proof here, mate. Show me some dude eating 5 packs of Debbie's cakes and wash it down with 2 litres of Mountain Dew. Unless the guy is a competitive eater, he will have some trouble doing this once, nevermind every day.

tl;dr: You are a typical American idiot.

Oh you mean the cakes that are packed with fat and sugar?
no just blame the carbs lol. fucking moron

BTFO

I love Veeky Forums's autistic hyperbole being taken apart by math and science. I really do.

B-b-but it's the carbs bro...

>not even realising it was a shitpost
Retards.

I was going to mention this. Kids with intractable epilepsy sometimes get put on a keto diet as a hail Mary and sometimes it works really really well

Kek what is that supposed to mean you NEET

Attached: 1520822947215.jpg (251x298, 44K)

>JUST A PRANK BRO
End yourself. You got BTFO, so take it like a man.

That was my first post in this thread though.

These videos are dumb af.
>Still thinking cholesterol in the diet impacts bodily cholesterol.
Stopped reading after that. Enjoy your poptarts and sugar addiction fatasses.

Nuts and seeds are loaded with carbs, what kind of idiot made that pyramid?

>>Still thinking cholesterol in the diet impacts bodily cholesterol.
it does you idiot.
the problem is new studies with poor study design have come out that "prove" the old studies wrong. More often than not the studies are funded by meat, egg and dairy industry. For egg studies they use people who already had high LDL cholesterol going into the study, so when switching to only eggs it makes it fall.
Like, you have to be a blind fucking idiot to fall for this
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9001684
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/313701
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1534437
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16904539
drmcdougall.com/misc/2014nl/mar/krauss2.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18348715
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2663974/

Attached: RzkvuBSZe5haCzXDv6Q-yzUXDuH5KhOGDx7h1Rr7oXE.jpg (642x768, 93K)

literally the only people who have "proven" that eggs are healthy are the people who sell eggs. LMAO

>your poptarts and sugar addiction fatasses.
None of these videos argue to eat sugar you moron.

i thought keto meant 80% veggies 15% meat and some fruit.

is meat actually on the bottom?

keto is low carb high fat

that is nothing like how we used to live.

i am pretty sure you can get a decent ketosis going with a kilo of broccoli a day. especially if you do intermittent fasting or one meal a day.

I actually eat more protein than fat in my keto diet with less than 2g of carbs per day.

>that is nothing like how we used to live
fucking idiot

you dont think we ate a fuckton of plants and would have only a moderate amount of luck with hard to catch food?

in the summer? yes.
in the winter? no.
which is what the diet is based on, what you would know if you had even read only the basics

this is true, anyone who denies this is simply in denial at this point. when i started to eat a 90% plant based diet with tons of carbs i got leaner, stronger, and had more energy. i still enjoy burgers or steak once or twice a month. i also include tuna twice a week.
this is truly the best objective diet

What do you gain from shilling this nonsense?

ITT people who don't understand insulin shill against keto

It seems to work though. That's the most important part

its not nonsense, it's actually based on real science unlike keto

keto diet is objectively the worst thing you can do to your body

only because of a calorie deficit. ooh big deal. you can do a calorie deficit without keto and keep your health intact

Imagine being so fat that you get THIS triggered over people not eating the same way you do, and do everything in your power to attack them.
All the time spent typing this bullshit could've been spent on a jog or swim, OP.

>tfw need sub 30g of carbs a day otherwise I get bumped out of keto

i'm not even triggered, just trying to help people really.
i'm on the side of science. keto isn't. that's just a simple reality

Fair bit of misinformation ITT.
Put the bro science away and tell me why a modest approach at keto is inherently harmful in a way supported by science.

First up, ketoacidosis isn't ketosis, fuck off with your deliberate blockheadedness. You know it isn't either.

>le drinking oil face
Only retards endorse an extremely high fat diet outside of what you naturally get eating meats and vegetables, you're supposed to be burning your own fat, not supplementing it and eating an excess amount of calories.

Higher incidence of circulating triglycerides is often shit on by docs because of health risks in those with blood pressure and arterial stiffening conditions, it's not 'bad' in itself.

The body is perfectly capable of converting the triglycerides into ketones and then acetyl-coA. It slots readily into the mitochondria of all cells, even crossing the blood brain barrier through carrier proteins.

Keto also positively affects insulin response.

Contrary to some retards itt, keto doesn't make you stink. It changes the smell of your breath when you have high levels of ketones in your body. That level of ketosis generally ain't great for you, cortisol release and all in times of 'famine', but its easily remedied by a cup of tea with milk.