WHY CANT I FEEL MY CHEST DUEING BENCH PRESS

WHY CANT I FEEL MY CHEST DUEING BENCH PRESS

Attached: IMG_20180317_081712.jpg (1080x360, 37K)

Ive tried pushing my shoulder blades, tried ro imagine me bending the bar, arching my back, i CANT FHCKING FEEL CHEST ACTIVATION. WHY WHY WHY

You need to go below parallel

Attached: IMG_0145.jpg (465x683, 82K)

Did you remember to be yourself?

MY ELBOWS ARE NOT PARALLEL

because you are moving the bar with your arms, not your chest. lol

not gonna make it with that attitude

I get a crazy good juicy chest pump doing flat barbell bench press.

95% of people can't actually flat barbell bench press properly, hence why so many people think (keyword: think) that other chest exercises are better.

Ok ashol then tell us how you do it corectly

Also - I even get a pump doing flat barbell with heavy as fuck weight on low reps as well. Even doing sets of 3, if your chest has to activate to move the weight, it will puff up like crazy, the entire fucking chest, not just the lower chest, not just the middle chest, not just the upper chest, THE ENTIRE CHEST will puff up all together.

Its hard to explain, but you sort of have to force your chest to press the weight, they say the triceps take over at the top, but if you're TIGHT as FUCK benching properly, you will notice your chest is still PUFFED AND PUMPED at the lock out.

Most people don't actually press with their chest, they just press with their triceps and front delts, hence why they cant lift anywhere as much, and they also get sore shoulders.

Read And also - Think of your chest as the primary mover, stop thinking about forcing the weight up with your arms.

Its sort of the same thing people say about Rows, pull with your lats, your arms are just hooks. You have to imagine the same thing with a Bench Press. Your arms are just there to position the weight, your chest is the actual engine moving it.

Because pecs are a piece of shit that is hard to feel.
If I air bench naked I can see my pec doing some fucking work but on the bench all I can do is make sure I'm benching properly.

Fuck man, i can bench 190 but feel no chest activation. Its pissing me off fucuucucjckckck

And my arms are bigger than my chest. My chest has barely any muscle mass and no definition.

Because you're pressing through your hands and not your chest.

I bet you squat by pressing through your feet rather than standing up.

Wait i mightve been retarded. So the soreness in my triceps is more emphasized, but my chest just barely feels sore. Still wrong?

So the soreness in my chest that im feeling now is on the side edge of my pecs towards my armpits. Should i be feeling the whole pec sore?

Use less weight and change to flat DB press

try arching your back and pinching your shoulder blades together.

>Most people don't actually press with their chest, they just press with their triceps and front delts, hence why they cant lift anywhere as much, and they also get sore shoulders.
Not same guy who made this post, but I would like to elaborate on it given my personal experience. I used to have pretty bad shoulder pain and clicking on the right side, to fix this simply squeeze your armpits closed and tight as if you're trying to hold a piece of paper or dollar bill with only your armpit and try to maintain this throughout the movement. This seems to take some of the intensity off of the should, and you can even try it right now. Squeeze your armpits shut and notice the chest activation.

Attached: 1518838029569.png (603x603, 71K)

Okay so i finally got my pecs sore but not actively, only whenni try to do more reps. The shoulder blade pinching worked especially when i envisioned trying to move my shoulders more to my lower back. But my pecs are still not actively sore.

Obviously because your hands are holding the bar. Have someone else feel your chest for you when doing your set

As long as your chest is getting bigger what's the problem?

Attached: 1501087589470.jpg (563x563, 51K)

Pro chest tip:

The chest responds well to an isolation sandwich. Do a heavy chest compound for low reps, then a light chest isolation for high reps, then another chest compound for moderate reps.

ie:
Bench 3x5-8
Chest fly 3x15-20
Incline dumbell press 3x8-12

woah this was actually super helpful. does this help with back contraction?