Does anyone own the captain of crush set? If so, can you briefly rate it?

Does anyone own the captain of crush set? If so, can you briefly rate it?
>has your overall grip strength improved
>have your forearms grown in size

Attached: xx2354-lg.jpg (1536x968, 177K)

>got tendinitis
>4/10 would not recommend

You serious?

Yes. Rep count has gone up and I can grind them out much faster.

The gains are noticable, but nothing amazing. Notice veins more and have gotten a bit bigger. Would couple other foreman exercises with them.

>captain of crush
Made me think of Captain Crunch, I sure miss that shit.

Attached: crunch-berries.png (350x512, 365K)

yea man i use my hands all day at work. I added these to my daily routine and I ended up with tendinitis.

Everything you do trains your grip. Get reverse grip trainer.

I started out with the "trainer" and had a hard time with it at first, got real good with it and moved on to the "1" and did the same. There was a noticeable improvement upon becoming proficient with the T, but not so much with the 1. I then stopped using them because I started lifting, and the grip strength didn't seem to carry over much at all. that was about 3-4 months ago, and I pulled them out again and couldn't even close the 1 one time. It's using totally different muscles than any major lift. I will say they do work the medial part of the forearm really well though.

They only work one part of you’re forearm. Do reverse curls, and wrist/reverse wrist curls too. Holds as well.

Its weird, i have 1 up to a 2.5 and seeing this thread had me try them out. Im still able to close the 2 albeit very rough, maybe its just your daily life that got rid of the unnecessary strength. As for OP, these have put on zero size for me but i think it had carryover onto other lifts despite maybe being a different type of force.

do double overhand deadlifts and you don't need any of this shit

Yeah, I'm a computer jockey so no working with my hands to keep it up. I'd say I was probably slogging out 5-6 reps on the 1 when I stopped and went to maybe cheating out 1 rep when I tried them about a week ago.

I only do that and I'm It didn't seem to work the same parts of the forearm and/or the applied to the same movement. I don't use gloves or straps either.

Let’s turn a leg and lower back exercise into a grip exercise so we don’t have to do grip exercises

Attached: C5F0182C-72C6-47E4-B9A5-31D2EA09D24D.jpg (588x823, 109K)

Yeah, you should definitely neglect a fundamental compound lift to do meme isolation grip excercises

Attached: 1521306208189.png (960x960, 331K)

Or you could use straps and work what DL's were meant to work while doing isolation to keep a decent grip.

Thanks. You guys changed my mind. Was about to spend $100 on seemingly minimal results.

Don't buy a set or anything, but pick up a 1 for like $20 on amazon and give it a shot. Hell, it's something you could take traveling if need be.

or you could do both?

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

I was also considering it but now I'm not. Good thread OP.

t. sub-4pl8 deadlift

And 99% of videos of people who DL 400lb+ are over/under and usually with straps, so what's your point?

Is there another way to do them?

>And 99% of videos of people who DL 400lb+ are over/under and usually with straps
How to spot a dyel: the post

go away LARPer

GHPs are nicer unless you want to get certified, also harder at a given rating because they open wider. Ease into it though and do other grip/forearm work or your tendons will get angry.

how do you guys even have the ability to use these?

I do heavy rows, tons of pull ups, heavy rack pulls, RDLs, hell even benching irritates my forearms if im squeezing too much. If I even thought of adding these in i'd get tendinitis/splints no doubt

says you lol

i just got the 54kg and the 108kg ones...
i can close the 54kg a few times but the 108kg is insane. i'll have to work up to it, if i even can achieve double gripping power at all.

I use these combined with just opening and closing my hand and doing bicep curls.

makes my arms fat as fuck

I've closed the #1 for 29 reps on my right hand, something like 22 on my left. I went through a period of training them pretty consistently, but it sort of fell off. I could train them more, but I don't really see the point. My grip isn't weak and getting stronger on basic shit isn't exactly going to make it weaker. Sure it could always improve, but you could say that to millions of people who don't do anything at all.

It could always improve more with direct work*

t. samefag

kys dale

>I can close the 54kg ones a few times
>The one with double the weight is hard
no shit

>I then stopped using them because I started lifting, and the grip strength didn't seem to carry over much at all. that was about 3-4 months ago, and I pulled them out again and couldn't even close the 1 one time. It's using totally different muscles than any major lift.
This. I'm doing arm wrestling and grappling and... the strength didn't transfer at all. Went up to the #1.5 some years ago. There was nothing noticeable about irl grip strength (in fact, I kinda had the feeling my hands got weaker at arm wrestling, but that may have been imagination), but I got better at closing the grippers.

>I added these to my daily routine and I ended up with tendinitis.
Do them like 1 or 2 times a week