ITT:
>Tips for beginners
>How to get better at swimming
>Resources that aid in learning how to swim

Attached: images (4).jpg (469x314, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/d8cxb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know this sounds retarded but how do I into swimming?

i just went in the baby pool and had my friend teach me the breast stroke, gonna learn free soon

>Free

>love swimming
>The chlorine or whatever they put in public pools makes me congested as hell

Attached: holy_trinity.png (500x500, 91K)

>Public pools
Fatties shit in them

>Being rich enough to have a pool in your backyard

Send some cash my way please

I need to somehow cram cardio in my weight routine.

Is swimming better than jogging?
Also, which swimming style will impact my recovery the least?

easier on the joints and more fun than jogging (imo)

>Not living in student accommodation with 2 pools and a well stocked gym

Attached: 1518728798887.jpg (749x926, 50K)

i have been swimming for 3 months now, and i have noticed good progress in backstroke and freestyle techniques, but i can not preform breaststroke well. The thing about breaststroke that has been bugging me is that palms of the hand start to hurt after a few laps. How to overcome this problem. Also, how do i learn dolphin style, i know how move my arms, but i can not manage to synchronise arms movement with that body movement? Are there swimmers that can recommend me some drills that could work?
pic unrelated

Attached: 1516862252193.jpg (470x704, 40K)

Second
I still don't know how to swim, it's especially embarrassing for a grown man with a built body trying to kick water holding on the ledge in the baby pool

>want to get back into swimming
>every pool near me is expensive as hell
I should probably just lay down the cost and not think about it but I'm a cheap bastard and I hate paying to exercise

>What is a beach

the synchronization really just takes time and practice but focus on the movement of your hips and making it a full body movement starting at your fingertips going all the way to your toes

everybody starts some where fambam

I want to go swimming but I have terrible bacne.

How do I go about learning how to forward crawl?
Should my core be engaged through the stroke?

Attached: images.jpg (384x384, 19K)

>love swimming
>get desperate when i'm underwater and water gets in my nose/water gets in when i try to get hair

pls halp

Attached: 1490031648510.png (793x532, 293K)

air* but you get it

>what is winter

>palms of the hand start to hurt after a few laps

you are probably positioning, your palms awkwardly during the movement or right after it.
maybe try to warm up more before actually doing breaststroke. i like to warm up with 2km of freestyle at least, before trying to do any other style.

>how do i learn dolphin style

that's a pretty hard style to learn even for a lot of average swimmers. I'd like to think that you need more practice in breaststroke and freestyle first. once you learn the rhythm and the sync of the movements start doing some dolphin attempts. probably 3 more months. you can also do only leg or upperbody laps using a board. its shitty af but it's very good for developing strength

source: i was a competitive swimmer during high school. now just swimming for cardio.

Attached: breaststroke1.gif (300x200, 58K)

>Doesn't go winter swimming
Never making it

buy a 3mm wetsuit. problem solved. They are like $3-400. wear a swim cap too

Hes gonna kill himself if he goes swimming in the ocean.

What do you use to cover your genitals?

Pic related is my choice, should I go for something more revealing?

Attached: ArenaBenny2.jpg (225x225, 5K)

ty man for the advice

>doesn't destroy your kneecaps
>recruits more muscles
>qts in bikini miring

way better

Attached: 200w_d.gif (200x110, 110K)

You have any more gifs like that?
Are you black?

Use a noseclip. It lools retarded but it works.

Just get some briefs my man

Only old man, competitive swimmers and faggots wear briefs. And I bet you aren't the first two

If by dolphin style you just mean dolphin kicking underwater, like off the walls, then just practice pushing off the walls at a decent depth. Hold your hands together tight stretched in front of you and think about pushing your chest down first, and rising the hips then reversing (chest up hips down).

If you mean butterfly, a great drill to practice the butterfly, specifically developing the hip roll, is the single arm fly. The other best drill is probably just practicing the kick, head underwater, hands at side. Really focus on initiating the kick by moving your chest down and hips up.

Are there any YMCA's around you? The usually have decent pools and are not super expensive.

Basically yes. Your core needs to be tight to keep your body in a roughly straight line, to hold your body in the proper place while you kick and pull with the arms. Make sure as you stroke, your body rotates along the axis from you head to toes. So, when you reach out with you left arm, your left side will rotate down. Watch some videos of Ian Thorpe.

The brief style suits are the most comfortable. Jammers are for high school boys or when you need the comptetitive advantage of the more hyrdodynamic suit.

If you look decent or are not insecure you should just wear the brief. And actually if you are not a competitive swimmer there is no reason to wear the jammer (knee length).

Can anyone offer any critiques on my butterfly form? I've been away from the pool for a few years and would love any tips. I feel as if my hands are left out front too long after entry before starting the pull, and also that my head could be lower in the water when not breathing. Also it is slow in general but I'm working on that.
streamable.com/d8cxb

Attached: 0023ae82cb0c1363e2fd04.jpg (480x600, 349K)

Compression shorts my dude.

That's actually a serious issue.
Briefs on anything besides competitive swimmers looks gay.
Your pic related looks even worse.
Boardshorts are kinda OK, but have a truckload of drag and most are comically oversized.
Theoretically, boxer briefs ought to be the solution, but they're also fucked up.
Either they show off my dick in an inappropriate way, or they are cut in such a way that they absolutely squash it, so that it looks like I had none, which also sucks.
Nude is best, but not really suitable for most public pools.

Rate my warm up Veeky Forums
200 free
100 IM
6x50 free sprints
2x50 underwater
5x25 each stroke

>doesn't want to show off his dong

Attached: pffft.jpg (419x420, 57K)

Upper body is fine. Maybe a bit too much momentum when your head goes out of the water, and too deep when you go back.
But your legs need a bit of work imo. Your knees should stay together, and sometimes it looks a bit like a breaststroke move.

Attached: Swim.png (3744x2304, 499K)

Have you faggots actually been to a proper pool, I don't mean some gym with a 25m pool that Doris swims in shitty breaststroke I mean an Olympic size pool with regular clubs. Everyone wears briefs, you only wear jammers if you're competitive and even then that's only in the competition you still train in briefs. Fucking faggots so scared of showing a bit too much leg or something?

Can you guys help a person learning fly out?

I can do fly decent if I keep my head underwater. But every time I lift my head out of the water, my form gets fucked and I completely lose speed. Any tips?

>can't swim
>it's winter
>spend $300-400 on a body sized condom
>nearest beach is two hours drive away
>it's not even sand, it's fucking pebbles
>can't swim so I'll drown myself in a cold waves wearing a overpriced body condom
>???
>made it

Yea, which is why as a rule of thumb you shouldn't follow any advice given on Veeky Forums. 10% of it maybe useful rest is retarded either on purpose or because autism.

this, at the pool that i go to, everyone wears briefs. Guys of any age, any bodyfat wear briefs. Is this american thing that they consider wearing briefs gay?

It is important to not let the breathing motion disrupt the stroke, that is nothing else should be different.

Without seeing your stroke, I'd imagine it would help if you really focused on the timing of the breath. It should come as your pull is finishing, and should feel natural. Often we hear to "kick the arms out of the water, kick them in, ...". Can be helpful to think of the head corresponding to the arms in this sequence.

Thanks, is it possible my legs come apart if I am trying to focus on the hip action, then my legs are too loose? So I should try to maintian a bit of tightness in the quads?

Also that image is great. For the girls, I remember in high school swim all the backstrokers on my team were weird and less attractive. The best two breaststrokers were some of the hottest girls in the school.

exhale as you swim while underwater to keep water out of your nose. inhale when you turn to take a breath.

>drilling holes in the ice to swim
You're gonna drown

almost certainly the timing of your breath. you should start the breath as soon as you finish the outward scull of your pull; that is, as soon as you start bringing the hands back. starting the breath this early in the motion is the best way to ensure the head is submerged along with the arms at the end of the recovery.

also, be sure that you aren't consciously lifting your head and shoulders when you breathe. many people do this. instead, think about doing the 'chin slide' - imagine you are pushing your chin forwards and sliding it along the surface of the water as your natural dolphin rhythm brings you towards the surface.

your upper body position in general looks stiff and uncomfortable, which could result in it sitting too high on the water during most of the stroke (when compared to your legs) which it seems to be doing. another possibility is that your undulation is too great. a lot of great coaches are advocating a slightly flatter dolphin motion, as it tends to allow the whole body to suit up on the surface, whereas mistakes with the stroke while having a great undulation will often result in the upper body sitting significantly higher than the legs.

When will you anons realize what the true Veeky Forums watersport is?

Attached: 79342BD3-8754-44C8-9958-1070F8E849B8.jpg (728x547, 36K)

For the legs I'd use a pullbuoy to help keeping the quads tight, or a rubber band to help keeping the calves together. Use it for a few lenghts, then swim without it an see if it improves.
Finns can be useful too, because as soon as a leg goes the wrong way, your whole body gets off balance. And it's easier so you can do more lenghts to work on your technique.
The pic is OC I did for a thread last week, but it was archived before I could post it.

but breaststroke is the twink stroke