/abs general/

Fortunately I've ignored most of what this board says, but one of the things I did listen to/fall for was the "compounds are enough for abs" meme. I'm sitting at a 2 pl8 bench, 1 pl8 OHP, 2.5 pl8 front squat, and a 4 pl8 deadlift all for reps, with nada. I see chest and delt striations/separation, and some obliques, but my rectus abdominis sucks, so I've decided to blast abs everyday for the next 6 weeks

Anybody know what the highest EMG activation exercise is for them? Hanging leg raises I think. Also isometric holds were proven to be inferior, right? And do stomach vacuums actually develop abs or just make you better at vacuums?

Post your ab routine and all ab related material

Attached: IMG_8749.jpg (640x800, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.oup.com/ptj/article/86/5/656/2857416
youtube.com/watch?v=A3uK5TPzHq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHEEL

>rectus abdominis
is a fancy word for your butthole? show us the problem op you big gay

Vacuums don’t develop your rectus abdominus which is your visible “six pack” however they do train your inner muscles which will generally tighten and taper your midsection in more subtle ways.

Wheel is good. I do 60 second prone hold, 2-3x10 wheels, and hanging leg raises. On pull days I do cable crunches.
I'm bulking rn but my abs still show if I flex and posture correctly. Still need low bf for it really to show

Who is girl

Recommend wheel

bro

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 4.59.55 PM.png (770x744, 421K)

Weighted leg raises
Weighted knee raises
Cable crunches
Plank

Attached: Screenshot_20180327-233740.jpg (239x198, 31K)

Fuck off

how do I get a girlfriend like that

Back when I had killer abs

>dragon flag
>leg raises
>heavy side bends
>landmine twists

I do standing oblique crunches with a dumbbell, 12 reps one side then alternating sides followed by 20+ reps captains crunch alternating legs straight and legs bent. Focus on controlling your legs with your abs or it will just be a leg workout. I do the chair then immediately follow with obliques, then rest if needed. 3-4 sets. Easily under 10 minutes

That's my easy part, and it isn't too bad.

Next I do plank for 1:30 followed immediately by 20 reps of ab wheel, 1 minute rest 3 sets. Takes under 15 minutes but kicks my ass.

Start the plank as long/short as you need and add 5 seconds every week you can get all sets without failure/form breakdown.

>double trips of truth

Attached: feelsgoldenman.jpg (600x656, 71K)

academic.oup.com/ptj/article/86/5/656/2857416

Evaluates a couple of exercises. Says stuff with power wheel, leg raises and decline crunches are good.

>2.5 pl8 squat
There's your problem.

Bumping for interest

2.5 pl8 front squats=3 pl8 back squat
Prove me wrong. You cant

I don't know shit so I promise nothing but here's what I do
Also not actually downward facing dog but I cant remember the name of it, it's just for warmup/stretch anyway, basically pushup position lift the right arm and left leg till horizontal and hold, and alternate

Attached: Screenshot_20180327-231620_JEFIT.jpg (1073x1357, 230K)

Bump

275 is ~87% of 315. That's a bit too high mate
It'd be more like a 2.5pl8 front squat is a 345ish backsquat

Compounds are enough if you're doing them with proper tight core form.
My lifts are shit by fit standards and my abs show perfectly by flexing, the rest of the way is just lowering my bodyfat enough and having good luck with genetics.

>common sense to add some tits to the mixture
waifu material right there

well? did you find her?

alice matos

I cant bring myslef to do any more planks, its just so dull. trying wheel now.

youtube.com/watch?v=A3uK5TPzHq8

essential vid