/fast/ thread... what, 158?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be [Embed]

While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

Weight loss
Better skin
Autophagy

WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI [Embed]

HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg [Embed]

WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Previous thread: veekyforums.com/thread/45331316/health

Attached: uma.jpg (85 KB, 728x1007)

All urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144
veekyforums.com/thread/45331316/health
youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg
youtube.com/channel/UCjtpP3jb9LOpbGxdNQhk3Qg
soilandhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.toc.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=4btj4x75qF0
youtu.be/m6vIat7704I?t=1h36m37s
ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=intermittent fasting
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=intermittent fasting broscience[all]&cmd=correctspelling

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

made it 24 hours so far. did a 60 hour fast last week and a few months ago I managed 10 days. want to go much longer. 3 weeks with this one.

hairygrape
hairygrape

That's a good track record, you can do it man!

Snarelure
Snarelure

Day 5/7, starting weight was 118, on Monday it was 112, weighing on today will post weight. Day off from work tomorrow to make it easier.
I'm extremely lethargic, but not hungry.

How's everyone else doing?

SniperGod
SniperGod

For long term fasting is it feasible to put dry fast days in between?

I'm talking 30+ days of fasting and maybe 1/5 of those dry.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

tits or GTFO

Attached: delicia.png (83 KB, 1380x876)

Nojokur
Nojokur

All sources in this thread are from two people (Valter Longo, Jason Fung) who sell their diet (books, supplements, programs) as products.
Valter Longo is a founder of a L-Nutra Inc., a company that markets food supplements.
L-Nutra is the Leading Nutri-Technology Company Developing an Innovative Portfolio of Fasting Mimicking Diets FMD's™
Jason Fung is a well known fraudster who among other things claims that diabetes is curable (it absolutely isn't). He also sells books and programs.
Personalized Therapeutic Nutritional Counselling for Weight Loss and Type 2 Diabetes Reversal
JOIN THE COACHING PROGRAM
The other source is only about intermittent fasting.

Fasting apart from intermittent fasting is not going to do you any good. To lose weight in a healthy, sustainable, long-term way you need exercise and a moderate caloric deficit (<1000kcal/day). Trying to fast yourself slim will cause health complications, loose skin requiring surgery, and you will end up skinny-fat because you will lose all your muscle before you lose any fat (study OP links to is ONLY for intermittent fasting).

Besides, what you need to change about your life as overweight is your habits. Habits take time to develop. You need to learn how to eat healthy and exercise daily.

Lose weight the right way. Don't fall for the fasting shills.

Attached: sagging-skin.jpg (16 KB, 381x231)

RumChicken
RumChicken

standard jew demotivation copy pasta

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Report and move on
Dont feed yous

iluvmen
iluvmen

Please tell me this Potassium and Sodium shit ends up tasting better after a while. It just took every piece of willpower I had to not throw it back up.

Can't I just eat it over the course of the day and drink water separately? Will that fuck up my teeth or something?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Yeah, you can do that.

happy_sad
happy_sad

it gets easier to drink. I would never say it taste better but that the taste is not as bad. Dont try and drink this shit like normal water. Just take a sip from time to time. I have set up rules. I have to be half thru a liter by 2:30.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Does it really cause loose skin? I thought it was supposed to help prevent loose skin.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

The faster you lose weight (muscle or fat) the more loose skin you will get.

Booteefool
Booteefool

Fasting is backed up by medical research, and throughout history it has been a part of human life (voluntarily or involuntarily). Note: fasting =/= starving, you starve when you have no excess fat on your body.
Just calling Dr. Fung a fraudster without providing any proof is just useless; post something to support your claim or that invalidates his claims.
You can straight up pirate his book (like most people), also his interviews on youtube summarize his book. Fasting doesn't cost any money, as a matter of fact it saves you money.
I've been fasting for about 4 weeks now (3x per week for 36 hour periods - less than 20 calories - mostly from coffee or tea) and have not noticed any negative side effects - in fact my skin (I have mild body acne, keratosis pilaris, lichen sclerosus) has improved slightly as a result (anecdotally speaking, I'm not measuring anything strictly). I've also lost about 10 lbs in that time span. I eat as I normally would on feeding days (somewhere in the region of 2000-3000 calories).
Fasting works, fasting is easy as long as you aren't a compulsive eater, it's healthy if you have fat on your body, and humans/animals have been doing it for millions of years.

He's talking out of his ass out of sheer ego.

5mileys
5mileys

I use Dioralyte, it's a diarrhea powder you mix into your water, it doesn't have the perfect balance of electrolytes, it does have trace amounts of glucose (not enough to kick you out of keto for a significant amount of time, your body will use up the glucose pretty much immediately as you drink it) but the big plus side is it has natural flavouring, either blackcurrent or lemon flavour. Stops the shits, stops your headaches and heart palpitations, tastes nice, wont fuck your keto up. I'm going into the 6th day of my first fast on this stuff, seeing visible results and I feel pretty fucking good to be honest.

If you don't mind the risk of getting SLIGHTLY, and I do mean very slightly slower progress with your fat loss it's a great option as far as I can tell.

Playboyize
Playboyize

1 Tbsp cayenne per 2L makes it much better to me. The capsaicin therein has many health benefits some of which relate to weight loss.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

be extremely cold probably due to fasting
not to mention I'm in an extremely cold state full of snow and ice
get threatened to take one glove off my hand at work
Well whoever makes these stupid fucking rules needs to kill themselves.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

What are the benefits of dry fasting over regular fasting? Should I bother with it if I do IT 20/4?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Reposting cause I was a moron who didn't see that the thread had reached the bump limit:

I see a lot of people following Cole's recommendation of ACV and lemon juice, but lemon juice has a pretty decent amount of carbs (6.5g/100 g, which is pretty close to the amount he recommends), won't that spike insulin and break the fast?

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Would a 6 day fast necessitate snake juice?

5mileys
5mileys

Depends how fat you are. If you’re extremely overweight and you lose a lot you will have lots of loose skin and require surgery to remove it. It doesn’t matter how you take the weight off. There have been some instances where dry fasting intermittently has helped tighten skin. Worth a try to see if it works for you.

Inmate
Inmate

Last day of my 10 day. So excited to be able to eat again, and I know it sounds stupid, but I'm so thankful for you guys. Cutting has become so much easier, and on this fast alone, I'm down 15 pounds, with no lifts falling.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

IT 20/4
Meant to type IF 20/4.

Lunatick
Lunatick

First, he suggests only a few spoons. Nowhere close to 100g
Second, whats your source on that? Google gives me 22 cal / 4g carb per 100g

askme
askme

He recommends 8 tablespoons here: youtube.com/watch?v=2vz_U8kxDlg , that's pretty much 100 grams. He might have changed that in a later video, I haven't seen them all.
Got the carb count from the bottle I have.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Bottle i have
Squeeze fresh lemons

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Some moron thinks you might lose an extra 5 grams of fat by forcing your body to acquire water by breaking down extra fat tissue. TL;DR enjoy your gout and kidney stones.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

veekyforums.com/thread/45331316/health
My pussy smells. Does your pussy smell? Everyone here is a guy and they can't help me. Please talk to me.

idc if a dude posted this i died laffin

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Those of you both fasts and lifts, what routines do you run? How do you manage fasting and lifting days with each other?

Attached: true-natural-bodybuilder-front-big.jpg (48 KB, 510x550)

girlDog
girlDog

I do IF, cardio and lifting all at once. Obejctive is to lose all my excessive weight.
I noticed visible muscle mass and strength too

massdebater
massdebater

i know it sounds weird, but can i use fasting or IF to bulk?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Im on my first fast.
hour 42
I feel pretty weak at this point. But i will certainly make it til the 48. I think im going to buy some mixed veggies and some steak. Ill way it out to 2 ounces of steak and 8 ounces of veggies. Then ill go into a 72 hour fast.

What do you fellas think.

Attached: asdfadsfadfasdfasdfadsf.jpg (47 KB, 355x236)

Skullbone
Skullbone

im trying to lose weight i eat 2 meals a day
breakfaust / lunch: 200g salmon, 200g potatoes
and dinner: 200g chicken, 200g potatoes and some veggs is that gonna work?

SniperGod
SniperGod

yeah, just eat more. If you are OMAD or eating every two days just eat more than your TDEE for that day or those days.
dont eat for two days, then eat two days worth of food + some.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

post your
height
Weight
daily physical activity.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Don’t do it. Keep pushing.

King_Martha
King_Martha

6'0
200lbs
no physical activity

SniperWish
SniperWish

That's a lot of potatoes.

FastChef
FastChef

start fasting on snake juice and figure out a routine.
You dont need to eat. Hell you can eat once a week til your down 30lbs which is where you will be in about a month and a half on snake juice.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

why are you in this thread?

idontknow
idontknow

wrong. doesn't matter how fast you lose the weight, loose skin is loose skin.

DeathDog
DeathDog

will a 48 hour water fast give me any noticeable changes.

Attached: 32V7VEK.jpg (49 KB, 640x468)

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

sum1 reply please

Techpill
Techpill

Man I have the opposite going on as everyone else it seems. I sleep like a brick, feel as good as ever, good energy just not able to go high output for long, and walking outside in - 10(c) in a t-shirt I'm toasty. House is kept at like 16, never get a chill

I am getting those food dreams though, and the desire to eat so many different tasty things, yet don't feel hunger

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

I usually do 2 meals. A lot of veg , lots of lean protein. I also have 2 sliced of bread as carbs. I made a chicken soup with lots of veg and that was the balls.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Any of yall eat salad? I've decided that my OMAD diet will be salad. Only salad. Peas, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Fucking delicious. I think my dining hall has onions and green beans as well.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

noticeable change, yes, but meaningful progress in itself, no, you will need more work.

idontknow
idontknow

Maybe with some sliced grilled chicken, definitely. My dining hall in college had a little skillet station that would grill up some chicken or shaved steak (for steak+cheese) or shrimp, see if you can get some of that.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Pasta

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

That's good for dressing but you will need some real food with it, you aren't stupid enough to be a vegan, are you?

SniperWish
SniperWish

cheese = empty calories bro
youtube.com/channel/UCjtpP3jb9LOpbGxdNQhk3Qg
let me tell you something bro, real food is starch and veggies, not hormone-pumped meat made from 20 different animals.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

I think it's stupid and you should lose weight in a good and proper way instead.

askme
askme

I think it's stupid because I don't have the willpower to not eat 20 meals a day like a fat fuck

massdebater
massdebater

Fucking retard.

Emberfire
Emberfire

who /borax/ here?

JunkTop
JunkTop

; )

Attached: camera-roll-28-03-213122134214.jpg (78 KB, 1024x683)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

i think i know anything about willpower because i don't have the patience and willpower to diet properly and eat at a caloric deficit for a year or more, and instead resort to stupid fad diets that promise you to lose weight in a matter of weeks

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

I just did one without, on day 5/6 stomach had a strange dull pain, drank a little snakey then and it went away, otherwise nothing else seemed to be affected, heart rate, sleeping etc

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

2/10 would not bang
enjoy your ban

Lunatick
Lunatick

la L-nutra...

Attached: mutt-shooter.jpg (76 KB, 480x480)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

gyno
fast more, manlet

Attached: bigboy.png (161 KB, 210x476)

cum2soon
cum2soon

I always put a bit in my protein shakes, great sweetener

Techpill
Techpill

What about Shelton?
soilandhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.toc.htm
He is dead and wrote quite a bit about fasting and if to believe it, he cured many people with only few fatal cases due to preexisting conditions.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Good girl

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

is that you again, Stu?

Emberburn
Emberburn

can fasting long enough on snake juice help against tonsil stones?

SniperWish
SniperWish

Day six of a 19 day fast, wasn't planning on going so long but I'm coming to a deadline of a stupid bet I made to lose a certain amount of weight in 6 months and it's the only way I'm going to make it.

Otherwise fasting has saved my life. I started off bigger than boogie last year, my peak was 515lbs. Been doing a mix of Intermittent fasting and multi day fasting, usually 4 to 5 days fasting with one or two days eating. It is the only thing in 25 years that has gotten me to lose weight and keep it off. I am six months in and next month I am hoping to be breaking into the 300's.

We're all gonna make it, don't give up, no matter how bad you feel, no matter how badly you have fucked up. It can't be anywhere close to as bad as I have. If I have a chance to make it anyone can. Thank you Veeky Forums for being here, this place is the only thing that has kept me from checking out.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

I wasn't suggesting that you put a dang Steak Hoagie on your salad, dude. I meant the shaved steak or shrimp as an alternative to the chicken.

DeathDog
DeathDog

I would say yes. But it's not necessary. It could save you some headaches

whereismyname
whereismyname

THICK. TIGHT. SOLID. Keep us all posted on your continued progress. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Attached: 1-Nicholas-Galanin-CFile.jpg (93 KB, 900x598)

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

I’ve been fasting for 2 days then eating for 1 then repeat. Is this a reasonable routine or should I step it up? I started last Thursday and so far I’ve been feeling a lot better. I’m around 270 lbs and 5’9”. Goal is sub 200. I haven’t had a problem with hunger, I just like the taste of food, but I am willing to go longer if it’s better for me.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

If you don't lift longer fasts would accelerate the process

whereismyname
whereismyname

Nice dude! Keep going, we’ll all make it!

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Yeah I lifted for a bit, but my major is intensive and fasting is the only time effective thing I can do. I’m probably just a lazy bastard but hey, so far this works for me. I’ll do 3 days starting tomorrow and scale up a day every time I break it till it’s unbearable.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Attached: 1514667701293.jpg (8 KB, 223x226)

RavySnake
RavySnake

Is it normal to have sharp pain in your arm and nose on the second day of a fast?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I can't take Thomas DeLauer seriously at all.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

mfw thinking of you hurting

Attached: 1520807122012s.jpg (7 KB, 250x245)

girlDog
girlDog

Hey /fast/ boys, liking into OMAD/IF for rest days. Any tips on dealing with hunger? Recovering fatso at about 175lb/6ft here. Just drink water? Add salt?

RumChicken
RumChicken

These trap posters need to fuck off with their intentional, pharmaceutically-induced gyno.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

add water
go HARD on vegetables (no oil or dressing) during your OMAD

iluvmen
iluvmen

I need to bitch. I'm cold. Not even hungry, or tired, or woozy, just insanely cold. Also, someone in my apartment building is making what I think is stir fry and I can smell it from here. But I'll be good, day 2 of what I'd like to be a 5 day fast, I'll make it, we'll all make it.

JunkTop
JunkTop

t. kissless virgin

That's clearly not a trap

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

On day 3 of planned 5 day fast. Flatmates just ordered pizza, /fast/ give me strength.

Attached: 3of5.png (50 KB, 1279x553)

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Attached: 1509971437642.jpg (17 KB, 280x180)

Methnerd
Methnerd

It makes sense chemically though.

Fats are just long chains of hydrocarbons attached to a group that has oxygen in it. You excrete the carbon and the hydrogen and oxygen just becomes water.

Emberfire
Emberfire

I do my OMAD within an hour and soft dry fast the rest of the 23 hours. During my meal, should I just drink enough water to quench my thirst or should I load in a bit extra to help stay hydrated throughout the fast? Or is there a fixed amount of water I should be consuming?

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Who OMAD here? Honestly, I still sometimes crave lunch, but I can manage most days, especially weekends. I coulnd't imagine doing this if I was working though. Currently studying.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Doing for a month. Literally no more hunger until dinner

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

just got some today, pinched a bit between my fingers & dropped it in 1.25l of mineral water. Feel fine so I couldn't have screwed up too bad, but definitely gonna want to invest in some measuring spoons for this shit

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

It would only makes sense if there was actually a metabolic path that enables lipids to be broken down in this kind of way, which doesn't exist btw.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

he doesn’t know an obvious trap when he sees one
on Veeky Forums in 2018

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Are you overweight? If so by how much? What's your body fat percentage?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Not overweight. Around 14% bf. Trying to get down to sub 10%

happy_sad
happy_sad

(not that poster but) Damn we're basically in the exact same position. I was doing high fruit OMAD for a while. Three days into ketOMAD, weight loss has picked up but I'm craving//storing water like crazy (salt intake hasn't changed)

idontknow
idontknow

Is it super dangerous to workout as a fatass fasting for a longer period?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Okay that's fine I was just wondering why you aren't doing water fasting, you're a bit too lean for that. Carry on and good luck with your results breh

Nojokur
Nojokur

Yeah, weight loss has stalled for me twice already. Broke my plateau today. In any case my waist measurements are going down consistently and by visual inspection I appear leaner so suffice to say, everything is going smoothly.

massdebater
massdebater

No reason to work out when doing extended fasting, you'll burn out in minutes and deplete liver glycogen which can fuck your muscles.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

stupid fad diet
Not eating food isn't a fad and never will be.
don't have the willpower to eat at a caloric deficit.
I've already done that before and quit frankly why waste my time when I'm skinny and can enjoy food in large portions while helping out my body.

If you can't survive a day without eating you ain't shit and will never have the willpower. You have even less willpower than people who fast for religious reasons.

Soft_member
Soft_member

two more days of my 7 day fast remaining
had to take those two days off from work

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

You really don't need to work out while fasting, an extended fast will chew the fat off your guts in no time at all. It's fucking crazy to realize this is possible, you can get the fat off you faster than any conventional cardio + dietary routine while you sit on your fat fucking ass and watch the fat disappear in real time (near enough)

Just relax, drink your snake juice and eventually you'll get lean. You don't even need to do an extended fast, obviously it's better for faster results but even a 6:2 fasting/refeed routine will still get you insane results. If you feel like you can go for the extended fast then fuck man, go for it if you think you have it in you to make it.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

6:2 as in 6day fast 2day refeed?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I'm in the same boat. Weight fluctuating between 79-81kg at 182cm/6ft. Measurements keep going down so I can only assume it's a shuffle of water retention and muscle growth. Still annoying that the scale 'lies' like that but I decided to get serious about cardio and start OMAD to accelerate this shit. I'm right near the end and the slowdown is infuriating.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

not a single source provided, just emotional arguments.
It's obvious your fear of hunger makes you extremely agitated by the mere thought of fasting. You release your anxiety by repeating this copypasta in every thread, instead reading pubmed and educate yourself.

But someone who is fasting is now shilling for?
Food industry? Nah, that's not it.
Big Pharma? No, fasting refrains from medicine.
Some book author? Nobody ever mentions books to buy in these threads. Everyone just tells people to try it for themselves.

MPmaster
MPmaster

Pretty much every doctor will tell you that type 2 diabetes can be cured by weight loss.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

working is easier, you can take you mind off of it with work.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Why? Too exhausted? Fasting shouldnt put you in a completely exhausted state. Try to take some extra salt.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Starting fast today. 81.5kgs at 177cm height, 179lbs 5"9'(I think). Looking for 3-4 days.
I took before pictures, so hopefully I will see some results. I've accidentally done a 4 day fast but I was pretty busy so I wasn't thinking about the hunger.
Does anyone know what the equivalent of NoSalt and the rest is in Australia? Shouldn't need it I think for this time but wouldn't hurt just in case.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

dry fasting
Supposedly massive dehydration of your body will cause tissue like skin to be broken down in a similar fashion to Autolysis.
I believe the regular mechanisms for autophagy, RT and patience is a better way to deal with it. (Or surgery if you have lots of money.)

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

yup

happy_sad
happy_sad

I might be dehydrated but water tastes disgusting to me and so does salt at this point so it's hard to force it down my throat. It's like I'm not hungry or thirsty. Nothing I can do.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Yeah dude in fact the moment you go 12 hours without stuffing your face for the first time you get a ripped six pack on the spot

High-time preference ass bitch, youre never going to make it

Nojokur
Nojokur

Try buying spring water. Something I've learned from water fasting is that tap/purified/distilled water tastes funny because the water has been processed to ensure it's safe to drink. It tastes even worse when you try to make snake juice with it. Meanwhile, spring water is natural, clean water with mineral content that makes it taste better.

Booteefool
Booteefool

I prefer distilled myself.

girlDog
girlDog

don't like water
I can relate to that. Hated it for years, until a (supposedly) anabolic diet I was working on required me to drink nothing but water as fluid.
Eventually got used to drinking water and now it's ok, but it will never be my favorite drink.

RavySnake
RavySnake

No chlorine at least

hairygrape
hairygrape

I'll definitely try that thanks. I've been only drinking from water bottles.

You misunderstood, I like drinking water, pretty much quit soda, juices etc years ago to just drink water. It's just that when I fast water tastes more disgusting by the day. And at the end of my fasts food tastes repulsive. Probably gonna break it with a cup of fruit or vegetable to get my taste buds back to normal. Also the other user above me may have gotten me a solution.

FastChef
FastChef

What about taking accutane while fasting? I'm on it for some months now, I know it doesn't work well if not taken with a fatty meal (i.e., while fasting) but is it dangerous?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

What's snake juice? I assume it's water with some salts or whatever added, but what?

King_Martha
King_Martha

This is my second 5 day fast, im on day 3. Everytime i drink water my mouth suddenly gets this rotten tast/ breath. Is this keto breath? Its straight up rotten, it makes me worrie since i always take such good care of my teeth

Attached: 1519480939302.gif (1.75 MB, 300x225)

Emberfire
Emberfire

That sounds like an "ask your doctor and hope they aren't shilly" sort of question. Give that acutain is harsh stuff, I'd err on the side of caution and not fast while taking it.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Got tonsiliths maybe? Keep up your brushing/flossing still.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

I just ate an entire little ceasers stuffed crust pizza in my car

Attached: 7D5B009D-40F0-4B51-BA23-BAF205EA95D4.jpg (266 KB, 1013x1013)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Don't you fucking do it user that pizza WILL NOT taste as good as thin feels

Attached: 1521866593719.png (78 KB, 473x473)

hairygrape
hairygrape

if you ate it within a half-hour ("fast") you should be okay

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

maybe it's cuz im a spic, but the snake juice with cayenne + salts tastes like a jarrito (not the soda, pic related i mean). shits easy to drink. might try it with some sparkling water + lime

Attached: jarrito.jpg (55 KB, 1024x683)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

????
I get eating in a time limit is part of whatever snake guys plan is but a whole hot and ready? Is that a joke?

MPmaster
MPmaster

Alright update.
Start weight on Friday : 118lbs
Monday : 112 lbs
Wednesday : 107 lbs
I have two days left, unsure of what my weight will be in the final day since I don't own a scale (weigh myself at a gym)
Hopefully I'll lose at least 2 more pounds and be at 105. Will weigh myself on Monday of April to show what I gained from eating and water weight.

I hope everyone keeps up the good work.

Attached: 1517807626321.jpg (34 KB, 634x769)

happy_sad
happy_sad

His point is that the faster you eat the faster your body can start digesting the food. I myself recommend standing while eating. I rarely sit down and speed through my meals as a habit.

eGremlin
eGremlin

dude

you should be drinking like, tablespoons at most, in your water

hairygrape
hairygrape

I'm a fatty mcfat, gained 3lbs back after a few days refeeding, you probably won't gain much more

TechHater
TechHater

I'm kind of confused at how I lost 5lbs in three days. Was there more water weight?

TreeEater
TreeEater

For a 16:8 diet, does it matter if it's low carb or not? I know people say doing low carb will help you stay in keto, but I get too much of a carb craving and can't hold through with it. Does it make much of a difference in the long run?

Spamalot
Spamalot

Love the juice with cayenne. Have ordered morita and jalapeno powders on recommendation of an user

w8t4u
w8t4u

Hahaha gtfo

iluvmen
iluvmen

what is this cayenne spice water thing i have seen going around? i compleatly missed something

Snarelure
Snarelure

I put 1 Tbsp cayenne in each 2l snake juice. Look it up in PubMed, many associations between capsaicin and weight loss/fat burning.

FastChef
FastChef

I've been taking to having cinnamon and cacao powder in my coffee. does this break my fast?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

This is some pussy shit dude. 16:8 will hardly do anything, many people eat like that without even knowing it. You have to kick carb cravings.
Do OMAD.

girlDog
girlDog

2,000 - 3,000 kcal... NGTMI

Soft_member
Soft_member

After 48 hours i had my first refeed.
2 ounces of veal
4 ounces of veggies.
I meant to have 6 ounces of veggies but i realized after eating that i had put in 4ounces
Now to roll into a 72 hour fast.

Attached: 29663641-1664710040230778-170135220-n.jpg (102 KB, 638x479)

Methnerd
Methnerd

refeeding after 48 hours
Fucking why, you stopped fasting right where it starts getting good

Lunatick
Lunatick

i have to work the next 3 days. I dont have enough time to work in a single decent meal in that time.
Not to mention i was feeling pretty weak, and had a headache. Which aint so bad but i figured a decent refeed now would allow me to work thru til saturday night. I will probably have to work sunday too.

Im also going to adjust my salts. I think i need to cut down on sodium a little bit.

Skullbone
Skullbone

now dont eat anything

Spamalot
Spamalot

Whatever floats your boat.

For me it's the opposite and water and food tastes better after I've fasted for a few days. Also, personally I find that snake juice is disgusting if I have enough electrolytes, but when I'm running low suddenly it's not so bad. Now I know why deer go crazy for salt licks, I guess.

girlDog
girlDog

I didn't seem to lose much water weight. Dropped about 27lbs in about three weeks and only gained back 3lb, after two days of eating, drinking, and no shits taken haha

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

I had been trying to get back into 20:4 IF for a while, but I kept getting serious hunger pains, and stomach aches that forced me to eat to alleviate. Yeserday I did it with no probblem, so I'm back on track to fo 20:4 IF, and hopefully do a couple 48 hour fasts every week or 2 to start shredding this body fat.

I was off 20:4 for 3 weeks cause of a single cheat day. I have realized I am not disciplined enough to allow cheat days, or cheat meals, so I'm never going to have one, as I managed a week or two of 20:4 before I failed.

What are peoples thoughts on drinking Bragg ACV with the Mother while fasting? It has zero calories, and a multitude of health benefits.

Attached: BR006.jpg (35 KB, 650x650)

Emberburn
Emberburn

does coffee break a fast?
does green tea break a fast?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I cant go a full 24 hours without eating?
I'm like exactly 150lb while being 5'7.
But i want to go down to like 130lb. I drink like 6 liters of water used to skull black coffee when i got hungry. But i was worried about my teeth going yellow.
I only take liquid iodine when i fast. Unless i eat anything, then i take vitamin E, B and fish oil.

I think the problem is that i live with my parents and they are always buying snacks + dinner is my favorite part of the day cause i like to socialise with my family. I cant sit there for 30mins awkwardly with no food, and without not giving into the temptation.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

I want a coffee so bad but it's 11pm and I've already had one cup today

Supergrass
Supergrass

Bragg ACV with the Mother while fasting?
its totally acceptable.
I dont allow cheat days either but thats because it just seems like two steps back.

takes2long
takes2long

get sparkling water

TreeEater
TreeEater

black coffee
fuck off, shits bad for your gut.
only take iodine
fucking why? you barely need any iodine and you should be drinking snake juice.
I cant sit there with my family and not eat
then dont sit with your family. I watched my brother eat over 2k calories of macorini and sausage for dinner. I was tempted but my will is much stronger than some carbs.
drink 6 liters of water
way to fucking much
My parent buy me food
get a job and buy your own food or tell them what you are doing. Telling friends and family means your more accountable, which is more motivation.

Stop being a pussy, and do this shit right.

does coffee break a fast?
does green tea break a fast?
yes, yes

dont drink coffee, it helps nothing.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

yes, yes
no, no

dont drink coffee, it helps nothing.
fuck off

TechHater
TechHater

fuck off, shits bad for your gut.
thats why i stopped
fucking why? you barely need any iodine and you should be drinking snake juice.
I dont sleep properly if i dont drink it. Also wtf that snake juice shit looks pacebo
then dont sit with your family
That's autistic and i enjoy being social
way to fucking much
i cant help myself
get a job and buy your own food or tell them what you are doing.
I do have a job and i have told them and they asked me if i was mentally okay. I tried to give them facts but they didnt believe me

FastChef
FastChef

This is some pussy shit dude. OMAD will hardly do anything, many people eat like that without even knowing it. You have to kick carb cravings.
Do OMAW.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

yes,yes
no,no
well now I'm fucking confused LOL

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

snakejuice is vital electrolytes. You need sodium and potassium to fucking live, and you lose them during longer fasts.

viagrandad
viagrandad

Experienced anons, how many weeks is it possible to continue doing OMAW for? Im looking into doing lots of fasting with refeeds of a day or 2 at most

TreeEater
TreeEater

Until you run out of bodyfat, unless you somehow expect to hit your TWEE on that refeed

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

switch to OMAD and get a phat fuckin salad. not actually fat though, just stick to plain ol veggies and some tomatoes and a couple croutons. I ate two big plates of salad at my dining hall tonight and it kept me full as fuck and was probably not even 100 kcals

Emberburn
Emberburn

I'd say as long as it takes until you're lean enough that moving onto the 5:2 plan in the OP would be recommended.

But I would have thought OMAW is probably more difficult than just straight fasting, cause you would have to keep going through the initial hunger phase evvery week.

Soft_member
Soft_member

If I'm lifting and wanting to cut, is IF on rest days a good idea? Try to answer honestly.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Can I use refeeding syndrome to gain muscle after im done fasting?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

IF on rest days a good idea?
yes when you fast your body heals. Google the shit yourself, you need to do your own research.

Skullbone
Skullbone

This but unironically

Emberfire
Emberfire

good stuff, my man.

idontknow
idontknow

24 hours in and I feel like I would collapse if I walked a mile. What am I doing wrong? I'm not hungry at all just sick

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

alright so yesterday i was asking about lifting while on a fast. right now i just passed the end of day three; here's how my lifts went.
i did 3 sets of five instead of the usual 5x5. except for deadlift, which i always do one set of five and do a few reps at higher weight after a rest.
i went light on squat but completed the sets with a few grinders at the end
OHP i stayed at the same weight and my sets went relatively smoothly. i also made sure to rest a little bit longer between sets.
deadlift i went up in weight and crushed it. felt absolutely confident in my reps.

so at the end of day 3/beginning of day 4, i feel pretty decent. every once in i while i get hungry, but it isnt a crazy overpowering feeling. good luck everyone.

Emberburn
Emberburn

I heard about it from watching Thomas DeLauer's videos. He posted another one about what he drinks when fasting. He listed ACV with lemon, Zevio sparkling water, Coffee with Stevia, and Green Tea with Ginseng. He seems to know quite a lot about fasting, and lists a lot of the science behind why he consumes each one, with satiety increasing properties, to inflammation reduction, and slowing the digestive process to decrease spikes in blood sugar levels.

I wasn't sure how much of his advice was legit, cause I never see him mentioned on these threads, but it seems pretty legit to me.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Thomas DeLauer
I wasn't sure how much of his advice was legit, cause I never see him mentioned on these threads, but it seems pretty legit to me.

I can't take this guy seriously at all. Something about the way he presents things and the interviews he has with some real sketch as fuck people like Eric Berg (Chiropractor) and some sleezy as fuck "naturopath"

MPmaster
MPmaster

from what i heard, you want to avoid caffeine. 200mmg increases cortisol production by 30%. cortisol puts your body in a catabolic state. that might interfere with the anabolic state that fasting puts you in.

massdebater
massdebater

I know, but the shit he says correlates with the information I see on /fast/ and r/fasting, which is why I wasn't sure about the legitimacy of the rest of his videos. I was planning on getting some Braggs ACV with the Mother cause of his videos.

In his video, he referenced a study, and lists the info in the description "Caffeine- Caffeine acts on the central nervous system and causes a release of the neurotransmitters dopamine and epinephrine - increases thermogenesis and fat oxidation. In one study, twelve healthy, normal weight men participated in a four-way crossover, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study. Treatments were administered as tablets of 500 mg Green Tea Extract, 400 mg tyrosine, 50 mg caffeine, or placebo. Results: Caffeine induced a thermogenic response of 6% above baseline compared to placebo and only caffeine was thermogenic in the given dose and caused no hemodynamic side effects"

In the video he mentiones that 50mg is low enough for the positive effects, without the negative effects. Can't remember what they were though.

Emberburn
Emberburn

I'm also interested in dry OMAD.

SniperGod
SniperGod

You're probably detoxing like crazy if your first fast. Try to make it for 48h

Supergrass
Supergrass

thats pretty interesting. burning fat a little faster sounds good, but the main concern for me would be losing lean muscle in that catabolic state. idk how much of a difference it would make though.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

It's probably their first time going without carbs. Half the complaints you hear about fasting are really just "keto flu" in a new context.

Emberburn
Emberburn

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like
youtube.com/watch?v=4btj4x75qF0

eGremlin
eGremlin

Where them progress pics at? All you enlightened motherfuckers losing fat like bitcoin loses value and nobody takes pictures?

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

No progress pics because every time someone posts a photo here, there is always some autistic teenager saving the pic and then spamming the threads with it for two weeks making fun of the dude in the photo.

Go to instagram and search 'snake diet' for progress pics.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

what's the best thing I can put in coffee that won't make it fast-breaking?

I'm thinking of experimenting with spices like cinnamon, cayenne, something.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

I got lucky, i cut down my calories to less 1000 a day. I also cut out all liquid calories and sugar the month before hand. Which made it a bit easier to through the first 48, not super easy though.

also their is a facebook motivation group devoted to pics.

Evilember
Evilember

Try some salt and potassium.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

cant fast

but im doing about 1 meal per day

Supergrass
Supergrass

some autist posts this pasta every thread, don't listen to that pathetic waste of semen.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Has anyone been able to cut down to single digits through fasting? Really want to lose this last bit of sitting down belly fat. Would it be anorexic of me to fast more when already sort of thin? 5'10" 140lbs

Attached: tummy.jpg (733 KB, 2520x2439)

MPmaster
MPmaster

Yeah just put some muscle on ya girly boy

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

You look like a girl from behind in the mirror

Methshot
Methshot

thanks user, think my body is starting to adjust

Booteefool
Booteefool

thought the same lol

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

youtu.be/m6vIat7704I?t=1h36m37s
who was it

Techpill
Techpill

congratulations, you should be proud

SniperWish
SniperWish

I'm jelly...I'm craving a big ol pizza right now, tell you what

Illusionz
Illusionz

Nah

w8t4u
w8t4u

green tea breaks a fast
No.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Coffee beans have oil in them that end up in your cup when you use a french press, breaking your fast. If you're going to drink coffee, use a method that involves paper filter.

Attached: oily-coffee.jpg (1.41 MB, 3264x2448)

girlDog
girlDog

lmao, it wont break your fast.
but dont drink coffee anyways

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Will /fast/ing ever become mainstream? I'm hate seeing so many fat fucks in public everywhere I go.

Evilember
Evilember

I'LL BREAK YOUR FAST NIGGA

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

I've officially done 33 36hr water fasts this year. Feels awesome. Down from 250 to 228 @ 6'3". Lifts have gone up as well though admittedly slowly.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Nice, man

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Nah

Attached: Screenshot-20180329-014124.png (102 KB, 720x1280)

5mileys
5mileys

Very nice Cesar-chan

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360)

Inmate
Inmate

I'm working on it, I think I've put some. It will take a while. But can I fast tho?
Yah. I've been told that in the past. See pic related.

Attached: the-real-dyel.jpg (212 KB, 1405x1871)

likme
likme

It is, bro. I talked to my mom on the phone today and we got to talking about fitness and she said all the women at her Zumba class have been raving about doing 5:2 fasting which I guess is just fasting twice a week, sort of. I think it's really 5 days normal and 2 days protein sparing modified fasting. But still...shit is going mainstream when the 50-60 crowd is doing things they see on faceberg.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Normies are usually behind, but it will catch on.. some of my normie friends are talking about fasting and apparently some actors are fasting too, which is why they're fasting as well. Celebrities and their trends annoy me, but fasting is generally a good thing I guess..

Emberfire
Emberfire

What if I take meds? Can I still fast safely?
I take something similar to Prozac called prizma, only 20mg a day the lowest dose you can have..
Doc always says I should eat something before taking the pill each morning, I usually eat a banana or a cookie

RavySnake
RavySnake

Yea, but these fat fucks need to lose 100+ lbs. You aren't going to do that shit eating like a pig 5 days a week. Has to be something like eating only 1 meal a week; 2 tops.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Thanks. I'll fast some more then. It's become a bit harder now though since my family's noticed my weight loss and keep on bringing food when they visit, which is almost a daily thing. I'm pretty sure they think I'm anorexic.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Does autophagy happen in snake fasts or only in dry fasts?
Does it happen slower?

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

It totally is. My mom called me out of the blue last week to ask if I knew what 18:6 fasting was because she wanted to start doing it. Prob good for her because she is like 5'7" and 150lbs and doesn't need dramatic weight loss.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Fasting is intimidating to the uninitiated. Once dr oz is doing shows on OMEOD then maybe lmao

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Why would you dry fast? Not hating just to me that's getting into self flagellation tier punishment dieting.

girlDog
girlDog

Checked

Skullbone
Skullbone

No, people think its insane to not shove food into their disgusting mouths and have to wipe sauces off their double chins while looking like slobs.

Firespawn
Firespawn

In my case because I can't buy the potassium in my shithole country kek
Also because I like how the body breaks down hydrogen from the fat (meaning quicker fat burn) to bond it with the oxigen to create the most perfect water possible
And because autophagy, I'm kinda a health nut so that's why I am asking here
The one dry fast I did made me miss water so much tho

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Is body contact with another person allowed when you're on a day of absolute dry fast?

massdebater
massdebater

No, you're gonna absorb their fat through skin

Methshot
Methshot

16:8 low carb?
I'm currently doing OMAD, with a 2 hour eating window. Not because I want to lose weight, but because I want to experiment how to train under those conditions.

Normally I would recommend keeping carbs low, but currently eating lots of them, including about 100-150 grams of candy, during the eating window.

In my experience so far, reduced carbs work better, and unless you lift a lot you may want to reduce your eating window. With the above mentioned diet my volume (but not strength) is reduced.

TreeEater
TreeEater

lol

Emberburn
Emberburn

I don't take pictures of myself. I just post weight. I'm not one of those flaunt my body types and also a virgin

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

How the FUCK do I sleep when water fasting, I keep getting minor headaches and just feel really focused

viagrandad
viagrandad

zero calories
Most vinegar advertised as zero calories according to their lying nutrinional label,
When tested by , shows up as having calories when tested by ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list they usually find that it has calories.
(And no, I don't believe the GI lowering part of vinegar somehow prevents the carbs from reaching the blood.)

But for people who get headache due to problems with a slow starting gluconeogenesis, or a ketone production lagging behind at the start, a few carbs may help vs headache?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Get some reading done before bed.

takes2long
takes2long

It would be great if they did a Biggest Loser fasting show. Would be really interesting to see the body changes that occur during extended dry fasts - like 18+ days.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Thomas DeLauer's
I checked his articles and they are basically good. Best thing is all the interesting research papers he found so you can read those instead to get a better picture.

After a while I noticed he tend to jump to conclusion and presume you can pick pieces here and there and still get the benefits from different parts. Biochemistry/endocrinology doesn't work that way.

So his modfied muscle sparing fast, even though interesting on paper, doesn't really make much sense when you look at how the body focus on one thing at a time. That's why diet with lots of small meals isn't comparable to fasting. Maybe it works for some but I doubt it works for me.
Sleep, Fast/Starve, Exercise, Digesting/Postprandial - all sets up entirely different processes in the body and you can't "mix & match".

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

After a few days of fasting I always wake up with a heavy heartbeat and freak out and eat something. What am I messing up? Potassium? Sodium?

massdebater
massdebater

Not bashing you for Google's snippet but this photo is very misleading. The chart actually reads 132 to 173 lbs. for "Normal," 174 to 208 lbs. for "Overweight," and 209 to 271 lbs. for "Obese."

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

I'm new here, can someone please explain to me what Snake Juice is?

Also, do you lift during extended fasts?

Attached: .jpg (43 KB, 397x356)

takes2long
takes2long

After a few days of fasting, your body should start releasing adrenalin/epinephrine (+HGH and other changes) as a way to speed up fat metabolism and increase your performance so you can hunt/gather. So the stress may be due to that.

It could also be just hunger playing tricks on you and causing your stress.
Hunger is an emotion (like many others that guide our behaviour). Hunger can result in anger or anxiety. Whatever motivates to feed you. Your hunger-stress may feedback and cause your heart to race - aka psychosomatic.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Snake Juice
Water + salts. Some need more and some need less electrolyes - sodium, potassium and to some lesser extent chloride, magnesium, calcium.

Check your favorite RDI to get a hint at what ratios suitable for you. Experiment to find perfect solution (literally and figuratively).

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

extended dry fasts - like 18+ days
Yeah, 3 week dry fast, that would be interesting to see. Preferably using politicians to avoid ruining the fun with empathy from the viewer, as the 2 week drought really makes for a dry conversation before they finally bite the dust.

Supergrass
Supergrass

As soon as i seen a reply to that post i knew some brainlet was going to make a post like this congratz, you were completely predicktable.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

IF has been proven to be broscience. Stop wasting your time

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Holy fuck.

I'm was on my 4th fast (48, 48, 72) working on the second day. I took a nap during the middle of the day and when I woke up I had massive back pain.

I broke my fast cause I panicked and it's the next morning and my back is still hurting really bad.

Did I damage myself? It seems to be common but there's no way people just work through this kind of crippling pain, I can hardly wipe my ass.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

37 tabs are opened

damn user , you watched food porn dont you?

Inmate
Inmate

Searching pubmed "intermittent fasting" = 10615 results
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=intermittent fasting

Searching pubmed "intermittent fasting broscience[all]" = 0 results
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=intermittent fasting broscience[all]&cmd=correctspelling

Hmm... the link between IF and broscience isn't that clear from a simple pubmed search.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Sounds like cramp? I had a similar experience a while ago. Go to bed a little stiff after working out, and during sleep muscle cramps up. Can barely move for 2 days and couldn't train for a couple of more days.
Believe I could have avoided it by making sure I get electrolytes (incl magnesium) but can't be sure, since I can't go back in time and try it again but with added supplements/salts.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

would i be retarded to incorporate pickles later on when breaking a fast cuz they have minimal calories and i thought it might help for getting used to solid food again
also free doki

Attached: 1521857394138.jpg (114 KB, 1200x1200)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

I don't think it's a good idea since pickles are sour, eating them on an empty stomach could give you stomach aches. Unless you're going for a long fast, refeeding isn't an issue. Just make sure not to go full gluttony. How long are you planning to fast ? Starting weight ? Height ? BF % ?

Soft_member
Soft_member

I hope it's just a cramp.

I immediately though I had damaged my kidneys or something.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Beeing new to prolonged fasting, from a 8y long IF experience, does anybody know how 5/2 or even longer ones affects things like hair growth? Considering that you can only really refill yourself one day a week, after taking one to break fast slowly. Main goal is autophagic stage, which obviously might also mean phaging on hair.

Snarelure
Snarelure

What rates would you lose weight whilst fasting? I'm on my first day and I won't go farther than one day if it's slow :/

JunkTop
JunkTop

Autophagy doesn't mean that your body is going to consume itself to void. It only concerns unfit cells and up to a certain point. Don't worry about your hair. If your hair is weak however, it might be a deficience in vitamins. Do you have weak nails ?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Nah, both are strong. But I guess taking stuff like biotin additionally couldn't hurt. Just don't want to loose like 40 inch of hair.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Technically, vitamins won't affect your fast so I guess it shouldn't hurt. But in your case, I wouldn't worry so much.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

I want to try to start fasting to lose some body fat and I don't quite get the OP.
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.
Is it saying I can't die because of my fat? Like my body has to use it all up before I do? And another question. What does it mean to mix potassium and sodium in water and drink it? How do I do this? And as I understand it I can still drink my diet Dr. Pepper right? Thanks guys.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

from 72 to 68 kg, 4-day fast, 5"6'
I look the same lol

Attached: Screenshot-20180329-083939~3.png (1.25 MB, 1065x884)

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

What does it mean to mix potassium and sodium in water and drink it? How do I do this?
Drink saltwater

Attached: lite-salt.jpg (26 KB, 450x450)

farquit
farquit

You have terrible posture, desu

takes2long
takes2long

Wait really thats it? Wouldnt the salt dehydrate me?

idontknow
idontknow

I'm doing a week long fast, I do't want to go longer because I'm afraid of losing muscle
i just do my fast during my deload week and usually do some bw stuff eod

Techpill
Techpill

What OP is saying is that you have tremendous amounts of energy ready to be consumed, so yeah your body has to consume it all but also because unless you want to die (which I doubt, you wouldn't try to better yourself it that was the case), you won't die because of fasting, it is extremely intense, you'll most likely eat something :)

Regarding salt and potassium you can find LoSalt, LiteSalt, etc etc.

I can still drink my diet Dr.Pepper right ?
Some guys say so, others don't. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Wait really thats it?
Yes
Wouldnt the salt dehydrate me?
No

WebTool
WebTool

5"6'
child-bearing hips
female hair pattern
FtM?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

You don't lose muscle while fasting as long as you STAY active. It's that simple. Bodyweight exercices and heavy lifting is ok. Make sure to rest a little longer between sets. Cardio, light weight etc is not recommended

eGremlin
eGremlin

No, sodium and potassium work together as a pump to pass water through cells. Also, you're not supposed to drink ONLY snake juice, don't forget plain water

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

You don't lose muscle while fasting
I know , but I'm still afraid of it
that's not rationnal
why no cardio though?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Hey thank you user, you're nice. Can i skip the mixing of the salt water and drink diet dr pepper? Doesnt it got potassium and sodium in it? Obviously i would drink water at work. I go through about two bottles.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Because cardio during a fast will spike your body's demand for energy. As cardio doesn't require strength, the body will not see the problem consuming muscle as fast energy which is what we absolutely don't want. That's why people recommend to work heavy or bodyweight.

Spamalot
Spamalot

Of course. I drink tons of water at work.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

I don't know how much sodium and potassium in Dr.Pepper but I don't think you'll have the amounts you'll need. You really can't go without it ?

Playboyize
Playboyize

thanks, mate, didn't know that.
btw wouldn't bw considered light weight? with the same results as cardio

Techpill
Techpill

No I totally can, but I figured it would make the fasting less boring than water. And i'm lazy. I dont think we have litesalt upstairs and i dont drive so i cant get any. We do have morton salt though. Ill check the label again maybe it is litesalt

Flameblow
Flameblow

Does it have to be lite salt? Or could i just mix a spoonfull or two of regular salt into my water bottle?

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

How do i fix that

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

kek
my back is pretty hairy though

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

regular salt doesn't contain potassium, so it won't work. You absolutely need BOTH

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Depends how good your strength/weight ratio is

Soft_member
Soft_member

Stand straight and chest out

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Does anyone have any links to where to buy potassium and sodium? Unless I'm looking at the wrong stuff it says that the potassium citrate recommendation are much lower than op amounts.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Just go buy LiteSal, LoSalt, etc etc.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

noted thanks

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

(You)
Just go buy LiteSal, LoSalt, etc etc.

Isn't that just the sodium though?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

No, Losalt contains potassium and sodium

Methnerd
Methnerd

try to figure out when Lent ends and I can end my fasting
some say Holy Thursday
some say Holy Saturday at noon
some say Holy Saturday at sundown
some say when Easter Sunday starts
Eh, this is pretty confusing. Seems like there's a difference between denominations too, I'm Catholic myself. I'll probably go for sundown on Saturday.

massdebater
massdebater

Do you need potassium and sodium on a water only fast? What happens if you do just regular water?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit