40k General

Alektoro and Masklophobia edition.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD'

>Bunch of Other 40k Stuff
mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!9UtFDbTb

mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!cdFiWILI

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XwKQ0bGvEU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone have any advice for newbie on facing CSM as IG? About to start a narratively driven campaign with Creed and half the players are running chaos.

S8/AP3 pies.

The God-Emperor has fallen to chaos.

Find a better game before you become too invested in a terrible one by a company that holds you in contempt.

Sounds like Lorgar can worship daddy again.

what do you have?

Am I a bad sport for having a flyer on a 1200p game?

no, flyers are fine +1000pts

>
Good, I just do not want to feel like im a "that" guy, I mean I already play Tau
The flyer is a Barracuda btw

>I2

I live in the middle of nowhere essentially. Don't have many options but at least the manager and the guys I play with are nice.

The first set of games is 750, then the next fortnight it's going to be 1500, I believe. This is what I was thinking of running for the 750.

HQ [1]

Command Squad[175]
> Creed
> 4x - Veteran; Regimental Standard, Vox-caster, medi-pack

Troops [3]

Veterans; Forward Sentries [130]
> 1x - Vet Sergeant; Power Fist
> 2x - Vet; Flamers
> 1x - Vet; Heavy Flamers
> 6x - Vet; Vox-caster, krak grenades

Veterans; Forward Sentries [100]
> 3x - Veteran; Grenade Launcher
> 6x - Vet; Vox-caster, krak grenades

Veterans; Forward Sentries [110]
> 1x - Vet; Melta Gun
> 1x - Vet; Plasma Gun
> 7x - Vet; Vox-caster, krak grenades

Heavy Support [2]

Leman Russ Squadron [170]
> 1x - Leman Russ; Vanquisher, Lascannon, Flamer Sponsons

Wyvern Battery [65]
> 1x - Wyvern; Flamer

I have a Baneblade on the way as well (not sure which version I want to make, I got it for modelling moreso than gaming)

>I live in the middle of nowhere essentially. Don't have many options but at least the manager and the guys I play with are nice.
meant for

you are gonna get your shit pushed in because your new. But don't worry about that yet.

Those forward sentry aren't tough enough to hold objectives, you need chimera transports instead of forward sentries. also the power fists on the sargs are too expensive. only keep 1 for an anti tank squad. Don't mix melta and plasma in a squad, pick one.

Grenade launcher are the worst weapons in the codex replace them with lasguns and save your points. Also you have no heavy weapons which are alot of your long range defensive strength.
you need auto and las cannons bad

also creed doesn't bring much to this list. You need to pick vox casters or creed they do the same thing. Also the standard doesn't do much ever.

Wyvern and Vanquisher are solid choices though

>Flamers on vets
>Power Fists outside of Blob Squads
>Mixed melta and Plasma
>Non Command Vanquisher

Creed and co really want a chimera to sit in. 5 T3 bodies is pretty squishy, even with FnP.

I'll have a fiddle with the points to see what I can squeeze in. I may be screwed for the first round since that's what I own, but I may be able to pick up the slack for the 1500.

I was able to squeeze in two chimeras at the cost of forward sentries, krak grenades, power fist, flamers and grenade launchers. Although I kept krak for the anti-tank squad which I gave full meltas. Which two should have the chimeras? Creed and the a regular vet squad?

I feel bad for all the bads who get salty about Knights. They'll be everywhere now.

I've got six now, including FW, and my local meta gets along just fine. Pretty much every imperial player has least one, and now the chaos players are getting in too.

The only local who complains is the tank guard player who always brings a baneblade and tank spam and nobody wants to play him anyway because he throws fits at the table.

>vanquisher with flamer sponsons
>750 point game
horrible get a regular one
when i started playing i liked the vanquisher idea to , a dedicated AT tank that could punch trough anything
then i realized it misses half it's shots and is useless once the enemy runs out of vehicles (if they even bring them in the first place )
vet lascannon teams are cheaper and more effective

Knights in a knight meta is fine.
But dropping them on aries, whose "equivalents" are 2-3 times the price with no corresponding power gain...

I still have all the cannons from the other box, I could probably convert it. Just convert it to a regular one, then? I also have a Baneblade coming (which I got for painting and not competitive gaming), so I may not even need more AT depending on what version I make.

They're cool models. I'm glad I'll be seeing them more often.

there's no need to glue the barrel on a leman russ , you can just pop it in and out when you need a vanquisher or a regular one
definitely go for the regular russ ( keep in mind you get to roll 2D6 for penetration and pick the highest)

and for the baneblade the most competitive one is the stormsword at the moment, the thing basically drops a deathstrike each turn
just be aware that it needs to get relatively close at 36 inches

>no need to glue
Wish I knew that when I made it. Though, to be fair it was my first ever set from the start collecting so I bumbled around a lot.

>mfw those hideous new AoS minis
>mfw 30+ bucks for a single pushfit character with no options

I'm scared Veeky Forums, what if that happens to 40k too ?

It's already happening. The best/worst part is that people are eating that shit up and asking for more. Look at the Start Collecting sets.

happens to everyone
unless you aren't allowed to use proxies in the game just say it's a regular russ

It won't. Kind of. At least with our clampack models you can swap stuff out for other options from other kits (pauldrons, arms, etc.). On a note about price though: molds are very expensive and to recoup losses they have to jack the price up on the hero models that most people don't buy very many of.

The reason though this probably will not taint 40k is because they are already hurting from this. What's coming through the line has already been developed and made before the losses have really sunk in. They are already going to introduce points soon too so they are starting to understand what they did wrong.

Also the recent leadership repositionings are a sign of changes going back to the way they were.

FURTHER, look how they did this change to fantasy and not 40k initially. They were testing on this on a dying ship to begin with. They literally had nothing to lose from seeing what would work. Best case scenario: we save a line, worst case: we lose (more) money.

It'll all be fine.

It's a GW store, but the manager is super chill about pretty much everything and especially proxies. There's one guy that runs an ork army that has literally no ork models and instead uses human models as a mad max inspired army.

I have a small 30k DG force with mechanicum allies that I can play as Space Marines with mechanicus allies in 40k but I have a small issue when it comes to my list :

In 40k Mechanicus has 2 codices (Skitarii and Cult) and I have units from both codices. The problem being : my lgs only allows 1 allied detachment per army as a houserule.

Is there any way to field units of both codices in the same detachment or am I doomed to field only one ?

Listen carnac, stop shitting up the thread with this shitty edit. Put back the tau face.

>mfw 30+ bucks for a single pushfit character with no options
>what if that happens to 40k too ?
It has been a thing for ages now. Where have you been slowpoke desu?

You really think he knows how to to shit like that?

I did the renegade knight, fixed placements of renegade guard and did the frowny edits, the Tau was too sloppy and mismatched so I fixed it as "payment".
As for the chicken it's sloppy and off-style too and fuck if I'll acknowledge the existence of that intolerable shitposter in any way.

not talking about GW
sometimes people make a what you see is what you get rule because the larger games get the harder it is to remember what is which
shouldn't be an issue in 750 point games

that list is a bit shit lad.

I'm playing in 750pts

HQ
Pask
>Punisher
>Sponson bolters
>Buddy punisher
>Sponson bolters

Troops
Vet squad
>Carapace
>x3 plasma guns

Vet squad
>Carapace
>x3 melta guns

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Vanquisher

Watch and laugh as Pask and co kill everything by themselves. Use the Vanq to pop anything Pask's rending gatling can't deal with and the troops to distract enemy troops. Sure it's bring 3 AV14 tanks to a low points game, but damn sure it's fun!

So 40k General, I've recently started collecting dark eldar, any tips? I will mostly be playing against necrons.

Your army has poor survivability. The best thing to do is hope they are shit at the game or pray during turn 1 and 2 shooting phases.

>any tips?
Don't throw away the receipt.

The tau face wasn't supposed to match, it was the fucking tau female head sprue from the tau drop you fucking moron

Stop messing with shit you don't know about newfriend.

I know, and like intentional shit posting is still shit posting, intentionally mismatches shit is still mismatched.

GW's newest Space Wolf model here

You're the shitposter faggot, stop trying to write over events that you weren't part of.

I always knew one day a Taufag would get sick and tired of seeing the blueberry face and take matters into their own hands...

>a punisher that isn't manned by pask
>vanquisher that isn't a tank commander at 750 points
>no wyvren
don't listen to this guy a heavy infantry list will destroy this easily

I see none of you were around when actual shitposters roamed, like the dread Yalabadoth.

cucknac is smalltime.

Orkfag actually.

Do I really have that small a chance against necrons with dark eldar?

Paint your fucking models. There's like 1% effort here.

>all those kick ass conversion
>all that grey plastic
for what reason?

Yes.

Your army thrives at middle range to close combat that carts its troops in vehicles that fall apart to the smallest fire arms.

Against an army that thrives on shooting with strong guns and large amounts of heavy support.

In a game where those getting charged can pop off free shots. Against an army where squads are 20 dudes deep.

DE have 2 things going for them and Necrons really don't care that you have either.

Corpsetheif is really good, but instant death and toughness 7 doesn't scare necrons.
Venoms are really good, but they're so easy to kill you'll have to get super lucky to keep them around for too long

I'll paint when I'm done doing conversions.
Only a couple dozen infantry, tanks and buggies still in the workshop, that is until my action wins come home...
So like... never

I am looking at that "paint with washes" for a quick and desaturated look, just haven't gotten around to getting the paint.

I have also looked into commissions as I don't really trust my painting skills live up to my conversions and they will NOT take well to being stripped.

You should inform your LGS that that's a stupid house rule for one, it means less variety in games played and people will be less willing to buy into new armies if they wont be able to field them as allies with the other parts of their collection.

You can take a Dominus Maniple if you just want the Magos or War Convocation if you don't mind roflstomping the non WAAC competion.

So is there no hope for me to use dark eldars manuverability against necrons?

At this point you probably should just get it all commissioned as you'll never push yourself to paint. I get that converting is more fun, hell I like doing it more than painting as well, but your past the point of no return in my opinion.

You mean "drive around exactly in the range of the Necrons while not taking advantage of the one thing the army is good at?"

Sure.

Maybe kill teams will be up your alley. You can run like 3 jet bikes and an archon-mini and some other shit and still be viable.

HoR Kill Teams really allows shit armies to shine. Christ even Orks are pretty OP with Shoota boy spam.

What did Yaldabaoth do? He certainly managed to have an ominous name.

>Commissar Lord has the Senior Officer and Voice of Command special rules

Is he worth taking now?

Combine carnacs headcanon and "only sources I like count" with bursts of profanity and name-calling that /b/ would find distasteful, weeklong constant activity, occasional bout of full blown lunacy and regular gaps in posting activity very similar to that standard length Involuntary Commitment.

I just want to run an army of anarchist scions under the renegade rules. Maybe give them a banner that says"Eat the Rich".
Will I get much opposition to this?
It fits the fluff.

>still more expensive than a CCS
nope , only way i see a lord commisar working is as a really cheap hq
at least the model is really nice

Would be. Yarrick is already super-good due his IC status and ability to order people around.

Commissar Lords are an okay choice, depending on the list.

>it fits the fluff
no it doesn't , at all
might as well run a fluffy renegade death korps of krieg

>9 ▶
>
>>it fits the fluff
>no it doesn't , at all
not that user, but how does it not fit? Imperiums a big place

What even comes close to supporting this in the fluff?

I have literally never seen a good homebrew outside of "This small off shoot of a massive faction with a countless amount of canon off shoots acts in a manner befitting of its parent faction but just in a different color and names."

Fucking kill yourself.

The War Convocation seems fine model wise. I don't care if it's overpowered, that'll teach them good.

>u fuckin wat

Pask is in a punisher. Did you even read the list?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9XwKQ0bGvEU

Real life version of a Knight's reaper chainsword.

Which two should have the chimeras? Creed and the a regular vet squad?

Anti-tank squad, otherwise they'll never reach their target. And yes, Creed in the other one, it subtly increases order range because when they're in a chimera, you measure from the hull.

But the Ordo tempestus is not.
They are the most loyal imperial soldiers, drilled by and alongside commissars.

Grenadiers turning is more believable, largely the same gear and as skilled as scions but these are simple soldiers that have been through the wringer, so breaking loyalty is considerably more likely for them.

because they have next to no desertion rate fluff wise
they're trained by the same people who train commissars (heck the commissars are chosen from among their ranks) the weak ones who would break don't survive the training, maybe 1 or 2 would desert , as you say it's a big universe , but a whole unit ?
it'dd be like the navy seals deciding they wanted to be part of al qaida now

don't get me wrong i have no problem with you using scions as renegades on the tabletop , just don't say it's "fluffy"

Not that guy, but you do have a second Punisher that isn't

As long as the other knight stands completely still for 15 minutes.

ah i misread it because his list is not correct , tank commander requires an extra tank in his squad
i assumed he had 2 punishers and a vanquisher

krieg has a very rigorous of a training discipline as well though
so much that the rejects of the army willingly let themselves be used in a live fire exercise

Grenadiers are in every guard army, not just krieg.

I didn't want to presume as to your relationship with them.
But I was hoping you'd say that.

Good luck in crushing those fool heathens.

Have you even read the fluff for renegades in Imperial Armor 13?

"Many of these hapless mortals do not even knoiw that they serve the dark gods, believing in their ignorance that in rising up against the rule of the Imperium they are casting off a cruel and brutal regime to replace it with something better"

How do anarchist imperials not fit into that?

>Mfw I play CSM since 3rd edition and Orks since 4th
>mfw they are both arguably two of the worst armies in 40k now
>mfw no rule update nor new models in sight, which means that we won't have shit for the next 6 months at the very least

I-I can't take it anymore.

If you go down the shooty route, Venom spam will do you well. since they can each pop off 12 poison shots at 36". Necron's true threat range is only about 24", but if you don't take out a reasonable amount of them before they get within that, you're fucked boyo. The best thing you can do is try going for tactical victories, playing keep away until turn 5/6 when you can use your mobility to contest every objective you can get you grubby space elf hands on.

But it will always be an uphill struggle, Dark Eldar require a lot of good game sense and skill. Have a look at Covens stuff as well, and take advantage of your Eldar and Harlequin battle brothers.

Chaos can corrupt anyone, user

yeah , not gonna happen to the goddamn scions though considering they are not part of the PDF or some random citizen

on a side note i've always found that bit of fluff bullshit when your side has guys running around dressed like pic related

If he didn't compete with Pask and CCS - there's not much that he could do for his points that a CCS and a regular Commissar hovering around a blob squad could do, and both have more flexible options.

well loyal marines fall all the goddamn time, though i believe that's due to them fighting chaos more. then you got sisters who don't fall due to higher faith (concentration of faith based sorcery or something?) and probably less fighting daemons

>Scions have undergone a brutal training regime and are armed with the very best weaponry available to the Guard. Their violent potential is enhanced by rigid discipline as a result of Ordo Tempestus training and they will carry out any order regardless of how inhumane it may be. Fully prepared to give their own lives for the Imperium, Scions are indoctrinated with a sense of obedience and duty that overrides any instinct of personal safety."

TLDR: Supporting a "cruel and unjust" Imperium is Scion's purpose, even if they have to fill oceans with the blood of the innocent and paddle over it on the bodies of their comrades.

Except Chaos can corrupt ANYONE. Everyone is fair game. And remember that the Imperium doesn't like to publicize all the bad shit that happens to them.

Just toss in that their leader fell first and the rest of the troops slowly followed in falling and weren't even aware of what the fuck was happening. Hell, even better if they still think they are fighting the good fight.

problem solved

They could always go the alpha legion route and go
>We're only pretending to betray the imperium!
When really the only people confused about their loyalties are the alpha legion themselves.

There's a regiment of Scions that are very unsubtly hinted at being Alpha Legion operatives.

Th scions has two examples of them rebelling.

I hear from various sources that Frog Trader, 2nd edition, 3rd and 5th were each "the best" 40k version.

So, what was wrong with 4th that there's no 4th camp?

True. It looks like just having a fallen leader should be enough. Scions follow orders to the word without thinking twice? Give them a delusional leader?
Or a Chaos God has slowly corrupted them with "free will" and this is the path they took
Or just have them be renegade vets that pillaged the scion armor

A lot of ways to go with this

If primachs and space marines can fall, why shouldnt "very indoctrinated" normal humans.

Even Xaphan, the space pope of vraks got corrupted.

Yeah but the "fuck the rich" idea is mostly the reason people are hating.

It's dumb.

>muh purity
at this rate chaos will have no one left to corrupt.

also, i said i wasent that guy lrn2rd
phew m8