Warmahordes General

"Let's hope infantry spam isn't mindless in MK3" edition

Remember dudes and dudettes. Play nice with one another. We all benefit from this new edition.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
hordes abridged:pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249154-Comprehensive-Collection-of-MkIII-Spoilers-(-Spoiler-Alert-)
privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-04-25-2016
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249774-4-25-Insider!&p=3485072&viewfull=1#post3485072
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So, 4 hours until new info?

>Infantry spoiled this far can still one round a 'Jack on average dice
Nah

But the only infantry spoiled so far are....... Trenchers? Really? Two pow 11s hardly scrap jacks

You mean Trenchers? Yeah, no.

>a 10 point unit + UA charge a 6 point Jack
>the Jack dies

???????

New Trenchers shouldn't kill a heavy unless it's some junky ARM17 piece of crap and they all hit their charge attacks.

They'll probably junk one up a bit but that's to be expected since as you point out their unit probably costs more than the jack they're charging.

Except they don't. Let's assume you have 10 Trenchers that get to assault a Heavy at DEF12/ARM19. Let's assume that your opponent is not dumb and thus you can only get successful charges with 4 dudes. Let's also assume that you roll average dice.

So you get 10 shots and 4 charge attacks. Your shots need 6's as do your charges, so you get ~72% hits. So 7.2 shots and 2.9 charges hit.

You deal dice off 8 damage, so for simplicity's sake let's say your shots each deal 0.5 damage and your charges each deal 4 damage. Those numbers are slightly off but not by much.

So you deal about 15.5 points of damage. That's half a heavy.

I don't think you can really count half a point of damage, if an average dice roll is "7" and its dice -8 for damage, most of the attacks won't deal any damage.

>most of the attacks won't deal any damage.
Correct. But some will deal up to 4 points of damage. The average is about 0.56 per attack.

I over-guesstimated the boosted ones though. 3D6-8(min=0) is about 2.82.

As a follow-up: I made these tables to save myself the time calculating hit+damage averages.

They might one round a light 'jack or beast, but they're not going to roll over any heavy without some serious buffs/debuffs.

New Trenchers are bretty gud, though. I'd consider picking up Cygnar if there weren't already a ton of swanfuckers in the local meta.

I just hope they take the Junior's Arcane Shield away and just bump every Cygnar model up by 1 ARM, maybe 2 in special cases.

Very nice!
So about...10 damage points on average. Thats not one rounding but that is still a good bit of damage.

I doubt they are going to buff the arm, maybe a cast cost increase.

They're probably better off CRAing and positioning so the jack/beast can only get 2 of them per round. Or let the armor-crackers handle it and concentrate on the infantry instead.

I don't know. I just seriously hope they do. Because Arcane Shield is one of the main reasons for Stormwall supremacy. If PP want Cygnar to take more heavies it needs to go.

Sorry I guess the quote implies I meant trenchers but I was meaning any melee based 10 point unit should probably be able to crack armor fine.

Yeah cause you've seen their rules.

Is there a round-up anywhere of everything leaked so far?

Can't link cause at work on my phone, but the pp forums has a thread that rounds up all the spoilers.

How do I read this?
The to-hit I'm reading at the chances of rolling >= for the target - I know this because I know it's 58% to roll >=7 on 2d6.

But the damage confuses me.

Example: POW13 VS ARM22 -> Dice off 9

2D6 will on average deal 0.28 damage
3D6 will on average deal 2.08 damage
4D6 column missing because I play Cygnar

How does Continuous Fire work? Each turn i (if it was me who inflicted the effect on enemy models) roll for damage as if enemy models were hit by POW 12 weapon, right?

It's a POW12 damage roll. There is no hit involved. Also, it goes out on a 1 or 2 which you need to check beforehand.

>Still no Thamar Faction.
>Sad

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249154-Comprehensive-Collection-of-MkIII-Spoilers-(-Spoiler-Alert-)

>Thamar Faction
You mean a faction of radical individualists? Do you see any problem with that?

All of them are specified. Presumably it's part of their new way to streamline things, like how eiryess2 has her card say 2 on both sides.

>the first model you ever bought and painted that holds a special place in your heart

Oh Widowmakers, how much anger you've caused in my circle of friends.

The squire. Going to repaint him soon though.

Either the Corollary or the TEP. Both were complete nightmares for my local groups.

>old metal Juggernaut

Such a simple, pure beatstick. Nothing like rolling all 5's and 6's on a charge under pButcher's feat.

I stopped playing Khador once I realized that they weren't a warjack faction, but with mkIII, I might go back.

I think mine was either Denny1 or a Deathripper. I never play denny, but the rippers are great

>Still no Cephalyx journeyman stand-in
Feels bad man

>And for a final point of comparison, the Redeemer is now 11 points (so again slightly cheaper) and, are you ready for it, thanks to the change in how ROF works in the new edition just flat out gets to make three skyhammer shots per activation, no focus required (nevermind that you still have one for free).
Holy shit

Note that since choir no longer can't buff to hit rolls all ranged Menoth jacks ned decent buffs to remain relevant. With effectively RAT1 you won't be directly hitting shit.

>Mk 3 not-dorf merc battle box equivalent is Magnus, a Mangler and a Rover

Bitchin

>no renegade
da fuq

That's kinda good because in Journeyman in latter weeks you could only change your warcaster to Magnus2, because only he could take Renegade.

Ah, makes sense

>assume you have 10 Trenchers that get to assault a Heavy at DEF12/ARM19.
Well, you're already making an ass out of yourself.
No heavy WJ has those stats.
You can go def 13 arm17 for a cryx slayer chassis
or def 10 arm 19 for a menoth crusader chassis.

Then once you've managed that, you might notice that trenchers have 1" range, and without being a total ass I'm sure he can get all 10 assault shots in, and up to 5 dudes making charge attacks.

try running your numbers again now.

I play Cygnar and Skorne. 12/19 is either the Stormclad or the Bronzeback/Gladiator.

But I guess those aren't real heavies.

nope neither of those are real heavies.
Now do the math with stats the only mk3 stats we're sure of.

>I'm sure he can get all 10 assault shots in

You know that premeasuring is a thing now right? Why are you so bad that all 10 trenchers are getting shots?

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-04-25-2016

I even calculated it with 10 shots, that guy just can't read. And apparently Bronzeback/Gladiator/Stormclad/Reckoner/Dragonspawn+Tenacity are no longer heavies.

Knights Exemplar getting 1 inch makes sense, but Champs?
I don't see it.

They are big guys with long arms and big weapons .

>a few models with reach got bumped down to 1"

I wonder who got the nerf bat, Nyss swordsmen?

Why cant they just reveal some warnouns already? Getting like 3 cards is so lame.

Warwitch Sirens

In the next NQ they'll reveal rules of the new ones.

I've repainted the same Carnivean like 4 times now. Each time I notice an increase in my skill level I strip that bitch and start again.

>wm players
>give them an inch, take a chain strike

>some models have lost weapon master, some have gained it

Please please please give storm blades weapon master

That sucks.

Please give weapon master to Bane Riders.

Ah ha ha no

Please remove Banes.

>Please please please give storm blades weapon master
Hah, no. They're already POW15 with high-POW assault guns.

They need to gain 1" reach and have their POW bonus taken away from the stupid leader model and put directly on their weapons. Maybe another point of DEF or ARM or something so they can stop dying to a stiff breeze, but that also depends on what the Cygnar unit-buffing landscape looks like in Mk3.

Stormblades need defensive line.

pKreoss says hi.

I wonder how Deliverers and Light Artillery are in mkIII.

no, they just need point cost efficiency.

They're ranged attacks bring up their total cost too much. Make the ranged attack weaker and then reflect it in their cost and they'd be perfect

>implying pKreoss isn't getting the Sorscha treatment

Big fucking deal.

Hardly. They've given out lots of little random tidbits, but its impossible for a picture to form without any context

So you aren't gonna be happy until everything drops.

Given an inch and try to take a mile.

No, I'm not going to be happy untill a picture begins to take shape. They haven't even given an inch yet.

>All these Cryx players on the forums trying to defend 2" melee in Bane Knights and Raiders

I don't think we've seen an infantry model with 2 inch reach yet, but I'm sure it'll stay. If it does, I'm sure that models with spears will retain it, while models with non-spear two handed weapons (such as Exemplar Great Swords, and Bayonets on rifles) will be 1 inch and hand weapons will be .5

I'm expecting the different storm infantry to be better defined in a single role, likely the Stormblades for melee, Stormguard for the shooting and Silverline for defensive.

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249774-4-25-Insider!&p=3485072&viewfull=1#post3485072

Lance rule still in the game, working as intended.

Stormguard for shooting? lol

>Magnus, a mangler, renegade and talon

Good fucking times. 10 years later, he gets a whole book dedicated to him winning, finally

>what is trencher and slayer melee

I dont see it. Its all idiots talking about Lance as if its important

What about it. We know nothing, and the slayer still has an awful grid

Lance is a pretty terrible rule, and I don't blame people for wanting to know why it continues to exist.

You seem to know about the slayer fine

Stop being a little bitch

Why is Lance a terrible rule? It makes cavalry bodacious on the charge, and kinda meh otherwise. Like cavalry should be.

>kinda meh otherwise

Answered your own question.

People can't swing lances all the time. It's a weapon that requires momentum.

Knowing sbout the slayer is kind of pointless without knowing, say, Mortenabra.

It still has wonky rules interactions that are really annoying, and it gives them so very little board presence in terms of a large base model, same deal that non-reach warjacks generally had.

The RNG0 at least fixed some of the problems with rules interactions, though at glance not all of them(unless free strike has been rewritten), but I don't understand why a 5 man unit can't simply have reach all the time. Even if they could only use it on the charge(and had a rule to fix the freestrike issue) they could at least engage whatever they don't kill.

Which is the other problem, mind. Paying that much for 5 quality attacks really hurts when they're so limited in what they can do.

I mostly just hope they recosted a lot of models, period. They've mentioned that a lot of things were costed in a sometimes-wonky way, so I'm hoping for a break on things like Vengers, while Bane Riders with their always-on reach, stay at a higher point cost.

>It's a weapon that requires momentum.
The kind of momentum you might get by striking at something whilst riding by it, perhaps?

So is this game not going to be shit anymore? I still remember when it was an abstract version of chess, 10 years ago, before it became a glorified 40k meta.

I dunno. Do you intend to keep trolling no matter what we say?

>I still remember when it was an abstract version of chess
When it was a solved game that was almost entirely won by going first?
I too remember that time

AND TO THE SURPRISE OF NO ONE ABSYLONIA GETS HER ASS BEAT AS PROTEUS DROPS HIS SPAGHETTI EVERYWHERE*

*VENETHRAX TOWERS OVER HER BROKEN BODY AND LEANS DOWN*

VENETHRAX: I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME SPAWN OF THE DRAGONFATHER BEFORE I TAKE YOUR SERVANT'S LIFE I WANT YOU TO KNOW ONE THING

I AM GOING TO FUCK YOUR WAIFU

EVERBLIGHT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*EVERBLIGHT USES DRACONIC ENERGY ON ABSYLONIA*

*WHAT? ABSYLONIA IS EVOLVING!*

ABSYLONIA: ONII-CHAN MY HIP BONES ARE MOVING ON THEIR OWN :3

EVERBLIGHT: OH FUCK EVERYTHING

Still makes me laugh.

I always like to imagine that Everblight has Super Kami Gurus voice.

>>
>ABSYLONIA: ONII-CHAN MY HIP BONES ARE MOVING ON THEIR OWN :3
>

(pic related) my fucking sides.. every fucking time.

>White always wins in chess

Nigger detected.

Everblight: Kallus.

Kallus:...

Everblight: Kallus!

Everblight: KALLUS!

Kallus: WHAT!

Everblight:...

Everblight: Let him kill you.

Kallus: Wha.. why?!

Everblight: KALLUS!

Everblight: Are you dead yet?

Kallus: Ugh...

Oh god, that works way too well

>>White always wins in chess
>
>Nigger detected.

now now .. /pol/ is that way ------->

What do you guys use to represent Steamroller objectives?

What have you seen used at tournaments?

I know PP sells generic objective markers but I'd to see something unique to your faction.

this is lovely. I might do one myself

I'll do one for the end of Wrath of the Dragonfather.

Haley: You know why we're here.

Everblight: Saeryn.

Blighterghast: GIVE ME THE GOD DAMN ATHANC.

Saeryn: ....

Haley: Or do what? Kill me? Toruk kicked your ass. I might be slowly dying of dragon radiation but I'm calling the shots here! We're going to make a deal!

Everblight: Saeryn!

Blighterghast: OH GOD DAMN IT WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW

Haley: I'll give you the athanc if you keep Cygnar safe from all the other dragons. Forever. Like, we don't ever have to worry about dragons ever again and finally put an end to this stupid hot potato storyline that's been going on since Forces of Cryx.

Saeryn: ....(Oh hey I got an idea.)

Everblight: SAERYN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING. GIVE ME THE ATHANC. EAT IT YOURSELF FOR ALL I CARE

Saeryn: (Holy shit hold on. I have an idea! No wonder you got stuck in Fuck Mountain all these years. I'm putting you on Ignore for a bit! I got this!)

Everblight: WAIT WHAT. SINCE WHEN COULD YOU DO THAT. SAERYN. SAERYYYYYYYYYN! HOLY SHIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? SAAAAERRYYYYN!

Rhyas: (Holy shit you can put him on ignore? Awesome! Wait, isn't he going to kill us now?)

Saeryn: (....)

Blighterghast: WAIT SERIOUSLY? THAT'S IT? I DON'T EVEN GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ALL OF YOU. SURE, OKAY.

that's the end? or is there a little bit more?
Dayum dat seacat sure knows how to make a cliffhanger...

Cygnar confirmed for third dragon faction.