RULEEEES!

RULEEEES!

AS!

WRITTENNN!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=guVAeFs5XwE
youtube.com/watch?v=2AFgmwkoWX0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

THE ENEMY DOES NOT KNOW I INCINERATED HALF OF THEM!

No that's dumb.

Rule zero is written.

You chose poorly, OP.

THE GM IS ALWAAAAAAAAAYS RIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!
>Your character doesn't do that. Instead, he cuts his own head off with a spoon. Because I'm the GM and I say it happens. Deal with it.

10/10 this man understands the god damn rules

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=guVAeFs5XwE

What if it's written in the rules that you don't have to follow the rules as written?

Then you don't follow that one cause it tells you not to and continue to read the rest RAW anyway. Don't you know how this works?

Then you play a better game

Can you tell me more about this mythical game where following all the rules as written makes it better?

Cool. That means my Vigilante from Complete Adventurer gets 30 third level spells per day. Gotta love typos, right?

even with rule zero the dm would apply his own rules, you would just change from "rules as writter" to "rules as created by dm"

You are just changing the developer

Rules As Written says you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present, you will still have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney.

RAW is a form of zero-tolerance policy. ZT is almost always some sort of Get Out Of Thinking Free card given to people whom authorities trust with sidearms but not to make informed decisions - just how I consider the community's RAW stooges - except I wouldn't trust them with weapons or even simple hand tools, for that matter.

There's nothing wrong with houseruling, but houseruling changes the game from the expectation people outside of your group have of it. Therefore, you need to be clear about your houserules to prospective players, and should avoid talking about houseruled games as points of discussion about rulesets (and always clarify what houserules you're playing under if you do).

The GM isn't always "right" but he has the final call and can alter the rules in any way he sees fit.

Virtually every system explicitly states this.

>actually reading GM and player advice sections
>not just reading rules that let you kill stuff

Good thing I write down my houserules, then.

>there are no rules for starvation
I never have to eat then right?

You don't bring your homebrew abominations to the table ! You don't "fudge the rules to make it more realistic"! You don't argue it "goes against the spirit of the game"! You don't argue with the DM! The rules were set a long time ago. They don't change.

youtube.com/watch?v=2AFgmwkoWX0

>5e has actual rules for starvation
>feelsgoodman.jpg

>not reading the whole books

RAI 4 Lyfe

You didn't say that when we let you have those dice mulligans.

>pointing a gun at someone because of an argument
>yelling
At this point, you could make the most reasonable argument ever, and I still would consider you a subhuman creature that needs to be euthanazied before it can reproduce.

Hear that siren.
I called the police the moment you pulled the gun out.

>You are just changing the developer
THIS

>5e dropped rules for paladins falling
>break your oath and you can take the oathbreaker archetype and get new powers
>edgelord faggot GMs who can only get their shriveled dicks up if they're making paladins fall have to stick with older editions

Except the GM can literally change the rules on a whim.

If you think that your GM is a faggot/edgelord then just find another group.

That's exactly what I did. I just like to think about how mad the faggot edgelord must be that the rules no longer support his faggotry and he has to twist them.

Let me guess...

You rolled a paladin - a defender of justice and protector of the weak - and then you got mad when your DM informed you that killing babies was not in keeping with your ideals and that there would be consequences?

OK, rules as written. Let's move on. Rocks fall everybody dies.

I was actually playing a neutral cleric of a storm god, but good try.

Clerics can't "fall" anyway.

What's the problem.

What were you attempting?

It was more that he was a petulant piece of shit GM who wanted to "teach us a lesson about morality" in his games. This naturally meant hamfisted excuses for lessons and highschool-level philosophy about how everyone is secretly a jerk and we should all just be honest and embrace our inner jerk, or some stupid shit like that.

As a player, I love RAW. The rules are designed to protect the players from the GM's(and PK'ers) faggotry. Most of the leverage the players have against a GM is the book's rules.

As a GM, RAW makes my players trust me, it gives an sense of neutrality at the table. Nothing scares players off or discourages them from reading the fucking book, like a GM that throws out the book.

Bingo.

Then rewrite the rules.

>The rules are designed to protect the players from the GM's(and PK'ers) faggotry.

I knew a GM my group played with once. He would constantly bend rules and fuck with the campaign in ways that don't make sense. Eventually people started getting tired of him power-tripping and would start calling him out, proving him wrong at every turn. The only retort he had was "DM DECISION IS FINAL. DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE!"

And that's what we did. How does a person get like this or expect people to want him to DM their games? Scratching my head over this.

GM is, in their mind, a position of authority in the group. Some people want to flex that authority.

i'm not that guy but i'm pretty sure i don't want anyone trying to futz with the rules on connect 4

This. Also, quite often there also "use rules as guidelines, not as laws" or something like that is written as well.

>So are you cool when the rules are only a page long?
>You're cool right?

But the old school stuff I play is fantasy Vietnam.

I prefer to add hookers, then disregard rest of the game.

You sound like the faggot here. I'd love to play a game GMed by Dan.

Rules as written unless the GM goes fuck that, this is better this way

Bit then the DM will get shot.

wow, i really enjoyed that clip. Of course, now that I've seen the best part of the movie, i have no reason to go see it.

AND THEY RISE WHEN THE SUN COMES UP

CONSISTENCY

IS

KEYYYYYY

You will not remember every off-the-cuff house ruled judgement

I need to rely on my world as have hard and fast rules I can count on

ERRATA!

AS!

WRITTEN!

Fuck no, I come from Exalted 2e. 2.5e was retarded freelancers fucking up everything that did work and when all the systems were equally broke called it fixed.

>rules as I FEEEEEEEL
Was it ever used by anyone but faggots who want to break game and show everyone how cool and OP build they have created?