Warmachine/Hordes General!

Praise be to Menoth for Mk3!

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
Latest Errata:
> WE MK3 BOYS
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?253880-OFFICIAL-Insider-06-17-2016-Will-Shick-War-Room&p=3573782&viewfull=1#post3573782
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Heck yeah! How do you guys like my newly converted Amon ad Raza?

Any source on what was mentioned last thread about Goreshade becoming the champion of Scyrah? That's probably the only new fluff advancement I'm interested in at this point

On another note, Man o War Shocktroops are fucking bullshit when they're buffed. I'm yet to try it, but I'm planning to use pDenny in a pop and drop list just to take those fuckers out

You could also try a chain weapon on them. Colossal or Inflictor, not sure if there's anything else.

Still doesn't get past all their arm buffs, which are half the problem. The list I have can get them to -9Arm and -4Def on feat turn though so should hopefully work when I throw my Banes at them (they aren't as shit as everyone says)

Wow that.. kinda seems like overkill. The best they can get to is 23 with Iron Flesh, or the same with Unyielding. A single Bane Warrior kills one on average dice with those mods.

top fucking kek

"First revision to War Room hit the App Stores today.

If you are on iOS you will see a 70% reduction in install size. (1.4 GB to 400 MB)"

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?253880-OFFICIAL-Insider-06-17-2016-Will-Shick-War-Room&p=3573782&viewfull=1#post3573782

So are the PGs still going ballistic at PP? what was the deal with that anyway, i never heard the full story beyond the shitty keynote, europe, and complaints about the worst faction skorne

so are MoW shocktoopers any good? every time i see them played they barely leave deployment because they're so fucking slow and players insist on marching them in shield wall every single turn

they seem pretty shit for their cost

If you have first turn they run 10" up the table with the kovnik, second turn they shield wall 6 putting them ontop of the objective ready to score pr contest and making them a problem that has to be dealt with. Mano war aren't so great at killing stuff like pikeman are, but they are incredibly hard to remove. Thanks to desperate pace they are playable with every caster.

Kaelyssa vs Epic Caine, who has the advantage?

my friend loves Kae, and i love epic caine and i just know i'll be playing this match up eventually and they both seem really good at killing each other so i'm uncertain as to how to play it. (i'm a fairly new player)

epic caine. he clears out entire armies himself

Quite nice actually, good job user.

People stayed up all night to watch a one minute prerecorded ad. They feel trolled.
It's impossible to actually buy warmachine in europe (apart from old stocks and used models). Only way to get new stuff is to import it yourself. When you factor in shipping and import charges this comes up 2x-3x more than the same product costs in the US. You can't get battle boxes at all.
Some wise guy told a beginner not to buy Skorne because it's unplayable. It is.

Are the stats for Blighted Nyss Warlord known? It lists him on conflict chamber, but googling it just gives me random bullshit like warlords of draenor crap.

give me a couple minutes and I'll upload his card if no one else has

How do I play the new devil dogs as a menoth player?
At least the old ones had a reasonable place in my pKreoss list. While auto knockdown is nice, I feel they don't synergize well with what menoth has to offer

So there actually was a lot of information in the keynote on theme forces and the direction of the game's releases, but people were expecting a large information dump on the new faction and there just wasn't one.

It was still short and super awkward, though.

there wasn't info other than COMING THIS DECEMBER! IN 24 INDIVIDUAL BOOKS THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY!

Are there any Ret casters that don't work particularly well with Battle Mages and an Artificer? I fucking love these guy's designs.

>THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY!
Unless if theme forces have drastically changed, I'd rather have rhupert or eryiss tbqh

here you go

better at combat than rhyas

>OP isn't a skreeonk image
Fucking dropped.

>skreeonk to menoth edition

Hey ConflictChamber user if you're about any chance of adding in more point values? War Room currently has 0, 10, 15, 25, 35, 50, 65, 75, 100, 125, 150 and 200, so you're missing 15, 35, 65 and 150.

you can also set custom point values in war room if you click on the number and not the + or - and type whatever you like

It will be in soon, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work on it this weekend.

Is it just me or is he super good? Is legion infantry strong now?

reminder that this scenario exists

that's a-okay with me. just let me pop kara sloan into my pairing...

So im thinking of restarting warmahordes by ditching my old armies for a shiny new Merc one.
This is my shopping list.
Any recomendations?

Drake MacBain [+30]
Captain Damiano [+28]
Magnus the Traitor [+30]
Magnus the Warlord [+28]

Galleon [39]
Mangler [15]
Nomad [11]
Nomad [11]
Rocinante [18]
Vanguard [11]
Renegade [10]
Renegade [10]

Croe's Cutthroats (max) [16]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]
Steelhead Halberdiers (max) [11]
Steelhead Heavy Cavalry (max) [18]
Steelhead Riflemen (max) [14]

Eiryss, Angel of Retribution [6]
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist [4]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Ragman [4]
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord [4]
Stannis Brocker [7]
Sergeant Nicolas Verendrye [4]
Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]

yes and Legion infantry was always good/strong. The problem was that legion beast support was so insanely good that infantry was not needed

>what were they fucking thinking

what makes me most mad about the scenario is going to be the classic "0.0000001 inch" disputes
"haha your charge failed, even if my guys look like to be in range, i actually moved them 0.00001 inches less than what I said!"

Linebreaker's either gonna get errata'd in the first month, or TO's are just going to exclude it.

Not that worried about it.

How's this look as a transition between mk2 and Mk3

Thinking of skipping the druids in this list, they just aren't as good as they used to be and I'm not sure if they're worth or not now

that's why pre-measuring exists. debate should not be existent at all. That's not a scenario problem at all.

The real problem with the scenario is that it has the problems of incursion (something that still fucking exists for some inconceivable reason) dialed up to eleven.

I'm an idiot

you know the thing about premeasuring
if they want us to premeasure, why not make all ranges standardized into whole inch or half an inch

Incursion still exists because it's an annoying as shit scenario that actually serves a purpose: punishes armies that can't spread out.

Incursion is the anti brick scenario, and there needs to be one of those.

I don't understand your complaint. Just measure and get the value,

no you dont
you let people tech against bricking
balancing the game with scenarios has always been HORSESHIT

because people fucking cheat
the brave "measure from 2 feet in the air and move your guys quickly in one swoop"
people cheat one extra inch ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Why don't we play on a fucking hex grid instead and solve all these issues.

I mean, I don't think it's a balancing act so much as it is variety.

The different scenarios need to do different things, after all, and the best way to approach variety in a wargame is through list comp.

or god forbid, allow for an army that doesn't need to brick to be good. Skorne and Trolls want to seppuku at incursion.

How does range standardization in whole or 1/2 change that? It's already like that.

I still don't understand the correlation between player behavior and distance value being whole number or not.

Skorne's a lot less bricky with a lot of their new list designs.

It's also worth noting that scenario style casters are a lot less viable now.

But Fionna's still ok, right?

Why not drop the gorax and blackclads for a Feral?

I kinda like the threat extension and free charges for the stalkers, but with stones that's somewhat redundant I guess

How do the wayfarers extend the stalker range?

Also have you heard the news of wrong eye, out lord and savior?

*never mind Im dumb, I thought they just sprayed and teleported away

I still want epic Wrong Eye as a full fledged 'lock.

>tfw two Wrong Eyes in your list because you just can't get enough of the gator

Breddy ok. I'd consider maybe a rover or mule so you have at least two 15 point jacks available for eMags but otherwise solid. Perhaps consider another of steelhead halberdiers, but it's not mandatory.

I'd smash unbelievers with him any time.
Good job, user.

Just got a Prime Axiom for $80, unpainted and unprimed, only piece missing is the big rock he usually sits on to give the impression that he's floating. I've just finished cleaning all the flash and mold lines, clipping off sprue bits, and filing the metal bits. He's all ready for glue and paint.

He's my first Colossal, and I'd like to do something special. Nothing too big or outlandish, just a little something to set him apart. Anybody got any conversion ideas for me?

Pic isn't mine obviously, just searched "Axiom" on CMON and picked the highest rated one.

We got some tools to support them outside of Kallus with Bethayne and pVayl's tweaks.

I'm a bit worried about delivering them with the amount of gunlines and wider blasts MK3 is promising, but if those 8 heavy jack lists become a thing then Legion infantry has some ways to fuck them over.

I'm not familiar with how sturdy with the model is so this might not be possible, but I think having one of the claws grasping a mangled heavy would be neat, especially if you attach some of the drag cables to it.

>they spelled confidential wrong
lolz

It's French, dipshit.

>SKREEEEEEEEEEEEONK

they spelled in french then
it is even worse

The "Mule" is a Mule/Rover/Nomad kit i plan on magnetising, so awesome.

Any solos or units i've missed and/or are shit?
Im tempted to drop the cutthroats for Assassins or Eliminators

Nothing to worry about in terms of sturdiness, I always pin larger models just to be safe.

has anyone tried any other means than magnets to make replaceable limbs

French provided most of the spoilers.

What Gator warlock makes best use of the Thresher?

blue tack

I can see that simple mistakes rile you up but have you tried not acting like a menopausal woman about them?
Just an idea.

Given how Venethrax and Skarre counter their own abilites as written on the cards, I doubt the average PP proofreader understands either English or French.

Wait, calling someone stupid is something you define as being riled up?

Do you just assume everyone but you must be insane?

there's grabbing 2 pins, but it's not reliable on jacks since the arms on jacks tend to point down,

to be fair, it's a really stupid fucking mistake made worse by smugness.

explain

One doesn't start throwing insults around willy nilly unless they've got a chip on their shoulder.

Holy shit, you think you can psychoanalyze people.

It's fucking adorable.

Noticing that you're pissy about something hardly counts as an attempt at psychoanalysis.
user, if you didn't have something eating away at you, you wouldn't even be having this conversation with me.
Tell me, what's got you down?

I usualy never say this but go back to ribbit. They are careful to accomodate thin skined pussies like you

I'm aware of the interraction btw venethrax and eruption of ash, but not anything with skarre

>noticing someone is pissy makes you a thin skinned pussy
mhm

>The real problem with the scenario is that it has the problems of incursion
Isn't it the exact opposite of incursion? A total non-scenario?

Venethrax can't collect souls because his weapon removes models from play (non optional).
Skarre1 can prevent 5 damage from her feat, so she can either buff 5 models for free, or the feat does nothing at all, depending on interpretation.
I'm sure there's more examples in other factions. Wouldn't be surprised to find some in Skorne.

what if all actually working synergy in skorne is just failed proofreading
#twilightzone

I'm kinda dumb, why is this horrible?

There's loads of them in the cards and war room. Most people will just look at rules as intended and make a logical interpretation. It's only after you read it a second time you realize it doesn't make sense at all, or does something unexpected.
IMO they should really get either a lawyer or an IT person to go through the interactions. There is probably a way to get infinite fury or make a bizarre interaction that doesn't even have a name.

Something about it favoring gunlines or some shit.

There is a way to get infinite fury, its called playing eMadrak

Incursion and this share the fundamental root problems for how the game plays out. Yes, the final scores of the games will be different, but the core problems are present.

It's a scenario with no killbox yet contains very little in the center for combat incentives. gun line and skirmishing forces have an overwhelming advantages in these scenarios.

it's also a scenario that contains too many flags. Flags are heavily dependent on army comp for it to matter as a scenario piece. solos and warnouns get a huge buff for scoring purposes while units languish. These two are scenarios that favor army comp way more than play.

It's basically a free win for gunline armies, given how strong the gunline is in the new edition, scenario favoring them on top of them is too much.

New ghetto wip. Whats everyone twerking on?

>It's basically a free win for gunline armies, given how strong the gunline is in the new edition, scenario favoring them on top of them is too much.

Because terrain isn't a thing.

Even terrain won't matter unless it goes full malifaux, and even then melee armies don't like that shit.

Cygnar and Legion have the best method of gunline as it currently stands and they have the best anti shooting mitigation tools available for them. Even against all that the current terrain rule demanding "completely within" means that even with density of terrain and terrain mattering, the melee forces have very few areas to hide behind.

While arguments for forests can be made, you have to remember that even melee armies struggle with forests since they too don't have forest LOS mitigation to do charges.

At the end of the day, guns still are very strong for these bad scenarios.

Played my first game of Mk2.5 today. Makeda1 (me) v Bethayne, 75 points. The Agonizer is fucking nuts, Cetrati are fucking amazing, the Willbreaker giving tough is great, Carnage is still retarded, Quicken is a solid spell, feat is worse than it used to be but can still be used to tie faggots up in melee because so many of Skorne's good units have 2" range. Oh and the Agonizer is FUCKING NUTS. Opponent blocking a charge lane? NO PROBLEM LOL. Cetrati have Shield Wall up? ALRIGHT HAVE ANOTHER 2 ARMOUR. Opponent has left a point free on his beasts so he can transfer? NOT ANYMORE LOL GET ASSASSINATED.

One of my Nihilators killed a solo, 2 Blight Wasps, and 2 Nihilators in a single Berserk. Shit was cash.

Have you actually played them?

>playing mk2.5

Prime is out, and so far the faction decks. nigga its mk3.

>thinking skorne is good

lol

Does anyone even plan on playing 50 points?

War Room Army

Legion of Everblight - Rhyas 3:The search for Rhyas 2

Theme: No Theme Selected
49 / 50 Army

Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight - WB: +30
- Succubus - PC: 4
- Nephilim Protector - PC: 0
- Scythean - PC: 0
- Shredder - PC: 2

Blighted Nyss Shepherd - PC: 1

Blighted Nyss Swordsmen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Blighted Nyss Swordsmen Abbot & Champion - Abbot & Champion: 6
Blighted Ogrun Warspears - Leader & 4 Grunts: 15
- Warspear Chieftain - PC: 5

---

And my Kryssa list.

War Room Army

Legion of Everblight - Kryssa, Crip of Everblight

Theme: No Theme Selected
50 / 50 Army

Kryssa, Conviction of Everblight - WB: +31
- Scythean - PC: 0
- Nephilim Bolt Thrower - PC: 0
- Raek - PC: 6

Spell Martyr - PC: 1

Blighted Ogrun Warspears - Leader & 4 Grunts: 15
- Warspear Chieftain - PC: 5
Blighted Nyss Swordsmen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Blighted Nyss Swordsmen Abbot & Champion - Abbot & Champion: 6

---

I'm trying to get some mileage out of the infantry I own that isn't strider's.

Hold on, we got a badass over here.

Everything seemed about as good as before if not better. Like, the utility you get from an Agonizer is off the charts now. Giving all enemy models within 8" -2STR is dumb. It's not even enemy beasts or enemy jacks, it's just every single god damn model. And being able to Repulse to clump your opponent's infantry up for a Nihilator to go nuts is just dumb.

Molik Karn felt the same as he always did, the Gladiator was better because it was cheaper, the Krea was better because not only is it cheaper but the bubble preventing blast damage stopped the Blightbringer dropping on my Nihilators.

I was actually kind of impressed with the changes.

Hang on a minute, if animii are considered spells now, does that mean warlocks can channel them through beasts? Like, could Hexeris2 use Repulse but cast it through a titan?

you mean games? yes. Even if you haven't, this isn't the first time PP has done "cross the half way point of the map to win" scenario. It's always been disastrous for everyone involved.

It basically boils down to gunlines just hammering at everything or super blitz like that of Strakhov or E Stryker taking the initiative and never letting up.

PP has made a mistake with this scenario. This will be the new incursion, the scenario that every competent player dreads or will exploit. I guarantee that specific builds will rise just to counter or play into this scenario. We will see the "Krueger 2 into Destruction" level of forgone conclusion in the matchups.

That was always the case.