Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever indulged a Magical Realm before? How did it go? Was it in an ERP campaign or no?

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YzEDeWDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for OP is a faggot and should be disregarded.

So, everyone enjoying Hellknights and Spies?

>That entire comic

Who here has *actually* indulged a DM's magical realm when presented with it? How did the DM react?

We've been engaged for 18 months

That is way the fuck too long.

Well, they did marry me so.

What world do you live in where 18 months is too long for a campaign? Do you only ever play modules and oneshots or something?

...u wot mate?

Daily reminder that the existence of dragons is not grounds for Pathfinder to be a comic book.

>magical realm?
Well, I'm running a lewd/ERP game now and so far most of it has gone well, aside from an incident with one player who joined knowing it was but then ragequit over the ERP. Otherwise we're all having fun... though sexual bets with a moth demon are going to have some burgeoning consequences.

>Have you ever indulged a Magical Realm before?
No because if I wanted fantasy RPG shenanigans I'd learn to code and make a shitty CoC clone.

I HAVE dealt with some guys magical realm before.
>about 2.5 years ago
>Rise of the Runelords campaign on Roll20
>Human Magus(Hexcrafter) being played by this "asexual" Australian guy who lives with his mom
>starts off in a Lesbian relationship with Ameiko
>Okay. Nothing too bad so far.
>DM breaks them up so character wouldn't have too much reason to sit around sandpoint being comfy
>character then procedes to try to jump almost anythings bones
>eventually gets random NPC waifu
>DM basically had to tell him to stop sending him background shit/private PMs that sounds like shit out of literotica

>side campaign thing
>tries to make his eiodolan a pony
>Gm is also a Brony but vetoes for everyone's sanity
>so he makes his eiodolan an anime maid
>he had plans on marrying it later in the campaign
>falls apart by then

>one shot thing
>Makes a 15 year old half succubus character
>totally not sexual
>nope
>not at all
>kept trying to hop in the bed with my Charisma 7 aberrant aegis

I quit the group under the pretense of "schedule issues" because the GM was getting salty about my Psions damage and wanted me to remake the character as an Occult Kineticist and I wanted to leave on good terms and not a rules argument.

Like aside from the magical realm shit, he was pretty decent guy.

Engaged you fucking idiot, read the spoiler.

I don't get why "guy builds complex non magical suit of armor/weapons" is any more comic book than barbarians throwing other people at each other or magic vikings.

As I pointed out last thread, positive and negative energy are treated in two mutually incompatible ways. They each make up the life-force of different forms of life, a la fire and water elementals. Negative energy powers diseases, undead, sceaduinar, dhampir and so forth. (Yes, diseases are powered by negative because healing spells cure them and necromancy and certain undead cause/carry diseases.) However, certain undead feed on living creatures even though this makes as much sense as fire vampires feeding on water elementals. Either negative and positive energy cancel out or negative energy consumes positive energy, but you can't have both. The only explanation I've been given so far is that positive/negative energy is not the same as the life-force it composes, which is flat out nonsensical.

pastebin.com/YzEDeWDc
R8 my build m8s

Pathfinder is already a comic book you fuck.

>. The only explanation I've been given so far is that positive/negative energy is not the same as the life-force it composes, which is flat out nonsensical.
It's almost as if PF magic was not made with any form of internal consistency in mind.

Can anyone point me to the direction of a Path of the Hellknight download link?
Hook a hellknight wanna be up, Veeky Forums

But the existence of Fullcasters, magic items, literal angels and demons of all CRs, planar teleportation stuff, statable demigods, people being cosmically powered by the literal forces of good and justice, known magic items and class features for both detecting and hiding the good and evil in the hearts of men, and the ability for any decently equipped PC to break mountains with their face or rewrite the world are.

>(Yes, diseases are powered by negative because healing spells cure them and necromancy and certain undead cause/carry diseases.)
I always figured that what the healing spells did was supercharge the recipient's immune system and natural regeneration rate to allow them to expel the disease, kinda like Healing from WoT, whereas the "diseases" created by negative energy weren't literal diseases, but rather small festers of negative energy that impair the natural life processes and thus emulate a disease via its symptoms.

Then again I could be reading too much into a magic system that Paizo evidently didn't put any real thought into.

What were their magical realms?

Click "Old Thread" twice.

Consensual sex in the missionary position purely for the purpose of procreation

Starts at

Undead causing/carrying diseases doesn't necessarily make them a negative energy phenomenon. You also have to keep in mind that diseases like ghoul fever and mummy rot are more curses than anything else.

Positive energy is self-sustaining; it grows, builds, changes. Cancer is a form of toxic positive energy. Negative energy is entropic; it destroys, consumes, silences. Negative energy beings such as undead are a drain on the environment or living things around them; they 'feed' on scraps of what they destroy, sustaining themselves with the leftovers.

Living things are not sustained by positive energy the way undead are by negative energy. For your average living creature, the greatest concentration of positive energy is its soul. The remainder is Material matter, which is influenced by the nuanced application of positive energy (i.e. cure spells).

You're seeing living beings and undead as equivalent and opposite, which is where you're getting it wrong.

>It's almost as if PF magic was not made with any form of internal consistency in mind.

Why else would necromancy include causing fear and disease, when those things aren't related to the mysteries of life and death?

>autism
Expected.

Yeah, I'm running an ERP campaign right now. This coming weekend will be our fourth session, and things are going pretty well so far. A little slow (not on account of the ERP, as that's been either done quickly or between sessions whenever it comes up, but just because it's an online text-based game), but pretty enjoyable so far. Because it's a custom campaign, the slow pace works to my advantage and keeps me from being overwhelmed with the amount of work I need to do between sessions. I really like my players, most of them I've done Pathfinder with before so I know they're quality players (and our kinks all line up pretty nicely for the most part).

The premise so far is that a group of five tieflings have been called together in Iobaria by dream visions to serve as heralds and champions of Lamashtu. Their first act involved taking over a Lamashtan cult that had been led astray by a false prophet, and now they're looking for a suitable defensible place to relocate their new cult to before starting a war with some druidic worshipers of an ancient Cyclops god.

The current party includes a male cleric, male bloodrager, female warder, female sorcerer, and female bard (all tieflings, as I mentioned before, and most of demonic heritage because I allowed them to refluff any of the tiefling heritages as demonic).

... Hmmm... Come to think of it, my semi-erotic feyrealm campaign was one of my longest runs.

You know, sometimes words have two meanings.

And this is not one of those times

>Made an Oread Inquisitor
>He uses a 2h Lucerne to fuck people up from 10ft away
>Also has the ability to stealth around, disguise with spells and it's almost impossible to Bluff him
>All without breaking the game
Why aren't Martials designed with this idea in mind? Good in combat while also good at a specific set of things out of combat.

The problem is that the rules are not structured according to that logic. Contagion is a necromancy spell. Cure disease is a conjuration spell. The same effects are used to heal living and harm undead. You can't have undead draining life from the living and being harmed by healing energy at the same time yet expect logical self-consistency. The entire idea of "revive kills zombie" originates from Gygax's own autism, and even he stated that mummies are powered by positive energy because they generate disease.

And sometimes only a bona fide autist or retard would assume one of them.

>go look at the Spymaster's Handbook archetypes again
>realize Agathiel's wording is worse than I thought and it doesn't even specify whether you get the creature's natural attacks or if those are "animal abilities" he has to pick from
>Agathian Blessing Talent is mandatory at level 2 because "reasons", and doesn't even seem to let you get claws, only the options it presents
>no way to get the size bonus to compensate for not being able to benefit from polymorphs, no items or feats to buff the ability
>it doesn't replace the fucking appearance abilities or capstone with something that makes your transformation actually function at anything beyond "gimped"
>there's no archetype that replaces only those abilities that you can stack on top of Agathiel
>mfw it could have been a really good archetype, but instead got shafted because it's still an "ALL DAY" martial class

Why the fuck does the vigilante always have such cool ideas that trip at the last second and fall flat on their face, first the Warlock and Magical Child, now this. At least the Teisatsu is pretty good.

How would you houserule the Agathiel's bestial identity to make it not be gimped as shit, without just playing a Synthesist instead?

Is there a bustle in your hedgerow user?

Players always seem offended whenever authorities are actually able to subdue and capture them for their crimes. I've had level three parties try and call bullshit that cities would have people whose jobs are to deal with them. Hell I don't even kill the PCs most of the time, I send them to jail.

You're there to have fun, not to do boring shit, you autist

>Negative energy is entropic; it destroys, consumes, silences. Negative energy beings such as undead are a drain on the environment or living things around them; they 'feed' on scraps of what they destroy, sustaining themselves with the leftovers.

So you're saying modern feminists are a bunch of negative energy cultists? Makes sense. Need to find a paladin to slay the lich ruling them.

Because murderhobos play their murderhobo simulators with the hopes that they are above any form of responsibility or consequence for their actions

Because the developers spent a lot of time shoved into lockers as kids and now they're very strongly opposed to jocks having nice things.

Engagement doesn't mean anything these days, I know a couple that's been engaged for at least five years now.

...No. I'm not saying anything even remotely close to that.

Contagion is necromancy for the same reason that deathwatch is evil; because sometimes, the developers make stupid mistakes that become legacy content. The ancestral fluff is a mess and the current fluff that inherits it is likewise a mess, and at some point you have to draw a line about what you're incorporating into your worldbuilding and what you ain't.

For fuck's sake, I remember when healing was necromancy. That shit made sense.

Demon guys, vampires, werewolves, vaguely erotic (see DMC) and/or painful transformation sequences, size differences, cock milking, light bondage, dubious consent, scenting, marking, orgasm denial (both parties), footjobs, spitroasting, occasional gangbang, creampies, heat/mating season, breeding, occasional straight shota, occasional traps, femdom (especially as futanari)

I want to join one of your games user want to see the world of ERP.

I am so over this novel by now.

Samefag detected.

Have you ever used music in campaigns?
This is likely a roll20.net exclusive question

I didn't for my first 10 years DMing and then one of my players DMed a different game and had appropriate music playing and I felt like a cheapskate for not doing it.

Our GM indulged us when he thought something was fucking awesome, but even dumb tongue in cheek things like "I put my Big Black Cock (Rooster Familiar) down the Dark Hole" ended in a messy, Gygaxian fashion.

In fairness the Wizard knew nothing good was going to happen when he did it, I mean, he was totally framing a situation.

Things could have gotten weirder than they did at several points earlier, but we wisely declined the opportunities.

Post sylphus, discuss why they're so patrician, and look down on inferior subhumans who don't follow the path of the sylph, especially those salty fags who hate nonhumans and planetouched.

>especially those salty fags who hate nonhumans and planetouched.
I don't hate non humans. I hate "races" that are basically humans but have some dumb bullshit attached to them. That's why I hate shit like Elves, Halfings, Dwarves and Planetouched.

Give me muh Lizardfolk an Tengu.

Escaping from prison and prison life can be interesting if you're in a big prison with lots of stuff going on. That's why there are so many prison and prison break movies.

I suppose.

Fuck off.

You too.

Lizardfolk and tengu are just humans with lizards and birds attached, m8. They're still dumb bullshit.

Thank you for your donation of salt, peasant. Keep it up and in return maybe a sylph will be generous enough to step on you.

I don't hate sylphs, that's not the point. I hate you and obnoxious faggots like you who try and push their god damn fucking fetishes on everyone. They pollute these threads. We had a three thread fucking span where no discussion occurred, only people actually jacking off to pictures posted of "monster girls" and other bullshit. There are threads SPECIFICALLY FOR your fetishes, don't bring it here.

Ok and don't bring ur furfaggotry into these threads either, lizardfucker

Sounds like you want the animal-people versions of the standard fantasy races that we came up with like a week ago. Like elves + bunnypeople = bunnyelves sort of stuff. I don't remember the specific ones we came up with but they sounded pretty fitting.

user what are you doing

this is not what sylphu are for

they are for loving and cherishing not for tormenting other user

what would QANON say if she saw you

I'm not that fucker either. God damn, I fucking hate you and that fucker.

In that case: thanks for your donation of salt, peasant. Keep it up, and a sylph might be generous enough to step on you.

Heretic

>arguing about races
>not just making your own from the ground up, each with their own subspecies, subcultures, and unique mindsets comparable but different from the degree of separation and specialization in human cultures

ok u start

It isn't. 4742 gives a bad name even to total faggots.

There's clockwork shit all over the setting (except crossbows for no good fucking reason; THANK YOU for the autoloader, DSP guys, by the way), steelbone frames (though that's magic), mechanical, alchemical and magical power sources all over the place.

currently in the middle of that for a homebrew actually. However I've recently been reworking it for a while, especially since I wanted to get the two major human ethnicities done

I could start on what little I've actually written on one of the non-human races I've made so far, but I don't have much and its nowhere near done or resembling a final synopsis

Interested?

Last time I tried doing this the players asked to have normal fantasy races. Players don't want things too alien. You probably don't want things to alien.

Sure.

Limp dick detected

No, it's likely shit. The second someone asked you tried to lower expectations. Likely it's uninteresting.

i have a very extensive playlist for different situations and environments (running a PF S&S campaign that turned into globe-trotting sandbox)

>Limp dick detected
What? Am I supposed to force what players don't want on them? Tell them it's my way or the high way and start a campaign no one is going to enjoy?

Fuck off. It's like the people in /pfg/ don't actually ever play in games or GM and have to deal with players.

>overreacting
Limp dick detected

Okay, like I said Its nowhere near finished and its still barely in conceptual form

>1/?
You have the Louphi and Jakrir, a race that resembles a cross between a snake and a canid, with Louphi normally resembling garter/wolf while the Jakrir are more akin to cobra/jackal. Overall features include a flat “shovel faced” snout, reptilian eyes, course fur along the dorsal side of their body with a thicker matte along their spine, ovoidal scaled neck, chest and abdominal area, and plantigrade feat with four clawed toes. Hands also have four fingers. They also possess a long serpentine tail. Males tend to be broader shouldered, with thicker fur along the shoulders and encroaching along the edges of the chest, while females tend to be wider hipped and possess longer tails. Despite their squamatic appearance, the races could be considered mammalian for they possess two mammary glands and give live birth, though they do not express permanent boobs like humans, and their glands are inguinal rather than pectoral.

The two races split ages ago after a massive civil war, with the Jakrir fleeing off to settle the deserts and wastelands, while the Louphi live near strictly in forested areas.

Louphi live regimented and orderly lives, dedicated to the pursuit of personal skill and wisdom for the good of thier tribes, and strictly follow the guidelines of their founding prophet, which includes ethical guides, tribal organization, population and breeding restrictions, and Exodus imperatives. Due to both their culture and slow predatory metabolism, Louphi are slow to make and commit to a decision and will often spend much time discussing and considering their options, before shifting all of their energy and focus into a singular task with predatory tenacity. A Louphi hunting party in motion is like watching a stream of fanged lightening come down from all sides.

>The second someone asked you tried to lower expectations.
Because its still very WiP assmonger

Saved, thx

Speaking of creating races, whatever happened to that DM that created a race of humans that co-evolved with Centaur, and as a result their human men had exceptionally large penises and the women had very wide hips and amazing asses?

In my ideal world, he drank bleach.

In my ideal world, he drank bleach.

>2/?

In a Louphi tribe, everyone is expected to find a place, and every gender has a role to play. Most men are generally expected to become Hunters, sentries, and scouts, as well as artisans in charge of tool maintenance. Further, it is most often Men who are expected to become the tribal Sages and Sage Walkers, who are responsible for seeing to the magical, spiritual, and genealogical needs of the tribe, and to enforce the Pact of Oaths, the Holy doctrine to which all Louphi must ascribe to.

Females, meanwhile, often fulfill the majority of artisan and agrarian roles, as well as form the Matron Societies that are in charge of the internal politics, planning, and organization of the tribe. While these societies and councils are not allowed to make their own decisions on mystical manners, they can appoint village representatives, huntsmasters, reallocate resources, determine growing patterns of plants, and see to and focus on the physical needs of the tribe.

The Jakrir meanwhile, due to years of corruption and directed eugenics by their aberrant patrons, live maddening and reckless lives, constantly craving new and higher levels of stimuli and depravity. They form grand and blasphemous cities and are led by the mad priests of their Elder God, who advise and direct them to constantly seek greater depths of ambition and insanity. Luckily, or unluckily, generations of Decadence and Madness have also left then somewhat lazy and cunning, so they often stew in their own plans and wickedness for years before acting on a masterfully wicked ploy or assassinating a rival. Also, they have a long tradition of mummifying their fallen rivals and transforming them into crippled augers and emissaries to their inscrutable Patron.

Gonna say, nothing in that seems new or interesting. It literally seems cookie cutter fantasy. Hell the races I have are more alien that that slop.

Are you a wizard?

Yeah, this doesn't seem like you've brought anything new to the table.

>3/?

Jakrir believe in a doctrine of force, meaning if you are strong or cunning enough to take something, you should not only take it, but do what you can to show your superiority to others. This extends to their proclivity towards capturing and keeping Chattel slaves (for servants, pleasure, food, and sacrifices), to their own gender dynamics, where males are expected to enforce dominance over their women, and females are expected to connive, scheme, and plot against eachother for favor and influence in their houses.

All this serves to entertain their Mad God and his piping council, and to continue to fuel their desire of ever increasing stimulation.

The magical traditions of both races trace back to similar roots. In most simple terms, both races utilize a practice of channeling magic into one's own body, before shaping and releasing it in various shapes on functions. This often creates the illusion of them conjuring magical equipment and regalia, when in actuality such appearances are merely mental constructs that help them focus on the desired effect for the channeled and released magic

The Sages and Sage Walkers of the Louphi apply a strict serenity and control to their magic. They learn to control and corral their own emotions internal Magic flow, granting them a measure of flexibility and artistry over their forms and regalia, which they combine with extensive traditions of prayer, ceremony, and craftsmanship to help supplement their position as the priesthood of their tribe.

Then post faggot, put you're money where your mouth is

Yes. I use my unlimited cosmic power to post on Veeky Forums.

So far, it honestly seems fairly bland. What was the civil war about, and what do you think makes them stand out? What's the goal of the eugenics?

Wouldn't be the weirdest thing that happened here.

>Then post faggot, put you're money where your mouth is
People still try this bullshit?

The Jakrir, meanwhile care not for control and silly ceremony. They channel their bodily magics wildly and recklessly, letting their emotion and desires boost their Magic, causing it to warp and reshape their bodies, which the agony then further fuels to greater heights. It's not uncommon for a Jakrir to continue to channel their powers until they reach near orgasmic heights of profane and twisted stimuli. There is no cultural regiment on these powers, for the Priests and Pharaohs who rule their cities possess even greater power, due to blessings and boons from their Alienist master. Further, it is common for their priests to practice all manner of experimentation in mutations and mummification on their soldiers, slaves, and even themselves. So much so that, even if a priest displays no outward signs of alteration, you can be assured that their insides now barely resemble their original race.

>What was the civil war about, and what do you think makes them stand out? What's the goal of the eugenics?
That I haven't written down yet, but give me time and I'll try to type it out right now

Its either that, or be just another retard who says big game but is a sad liar trying to make your epeen seem bigger.
metaphorical tits or gtfo

>Then post faggot, put you're money where your mouth is
Sure m8.

One are the Hemphan Spires. These are massive singular organisms who produce sterile offspring in the form of parasites. They excrete a pheromone that lures creatures towards it to get trapped in it's sap. Once in the sap a parasite burrows into the creature's brain and uses it's body. The parasitic children are sterile and sapient, but beholden to the wishes of the spire that birthed them (compelled by pheromone addiction to return and listen). Occasionally a spire will produce a fertile male and female offspring. The fertile female is immobile at birth while the males are extremely powerful and intelligent. The male will carry away the female to a new location for it to take root and grow, and defend it until it reaches maturity, at such time it begins making sterile parasitic offspring of its own.

Fertile females are enormously intelligent and lead the societies as rulers, while fertile males generally are either eventually killed by paranoid fertile females or relegated to control of mundane protection of the fertile female. This is become the fertile males do not suffer from pheromone addiction and thus can disobey the fertile female if they so choose.

Players of this race are generally infertile parasite offspring, or if they spend a large number of points at character creation they can choose to be a fertile male. Fertile female are entirely unplayable.

Hemphan Spires for millennium went to war with one another over petty disputes until two in the far south realized they together could kill a third, the third died and a four joined. Then a fifth. Others joined together to defend themselves. Nation states formed in this way. Due to the hard working nature of the sterile offspring and the intellect of the spires they quickly advanced to metal working. Their technology rests at early Rome.

>bugs: the race
Yawn

heir society now exists in a near perfect dictatorship, the sterile females beholden to their birthing spire. This is due to pheromone addiction, if one is near their birthing spire they go into a state of euphoria, their decision making process compromised. In their cities sterile females live in massive slums, tending to industry and the "spawning pools". In order to birth offspring a large amount of water is required, which has forced the society to develop along the western shores of the continent (as salt water is suitable). The spawning pools exist as a way to have new parasites attach to hosts.

The society also runs on enormous amounts of second hand citizen who exist as the breeding population to supply bodies. They are given an antonymous existence while being force to give up some children to the Hemphan spires. These are tossed into the spawning pools so the parasites may grow and attach to them.

I can discuss the nuances of their politics.

>bugs
>are leeches attached to the neck of a human
>aren't even insects
kek, someone is on suicide watch bruh.

noob GM in great need of assistance here

How, mechanically, do I run a large-scale combat scene efficiently and without my players getting bored to tears while NPCs fight each other? In tomorrow's session the party and about 15 allies are going to be fighting about 25 enemies in a massive battle that's pretty important to the story. I spent a ton of time drawing out the terrain and writing dramatic mid-battle dialogue, but I only just now realized I have no fucking idea how to handle the fighting between NPCs in an interesting way.

I'm fairly certain I just have to decide who lives and who dies beforehand out of all the extraneous people, but how do I handle turns? The enemies have different kinds of weapons and a couple of them are wizards, so how should I group initiatives? Should I even pretend to roll for NPC interactions or just explain what happens in general terms?

pls halp

I'm not that guy, but he made their society almost exactly similar to that of social insects. Wow, most females are sterile, the rulers are fertile female, they work off of pheromones. Groundbreaking.

Compared to the dog/snakes?

Yeah actually.

Either that, the flatworm colony race, the staggered three puberty amphibians-likes, or the nerve cord crustaceans. Take your pick.

And I swear only one of these is fetish based.

Alas I am discovered!

Okay, first lets start with some of the history civil war shenanigans

Unknown to the race itself, and most of the modern races, the progenitors of the Louphi were originally designed in part by one of the great Cancer Lords, the Virtual Optims, of the great Eldraavian empire during the dawning of the Festering Ages that led to the War of Bleeding Heavens.

Said particular Virtual Optim, whose name has been stricken from history along with the rest of his kin, was obsessed with entertaining guests with safari hunting ventures, and would use his skills at cancer magic and the manipulation of life to create a great variety of new and exotic critters for him and his associates and conclaves to hunt for sport.

Eventually, he started experimenting with making creatures smarter and more clever, and even going so far as to make small populations of sapient races, thrown into the world with fake memories and prefabricated cultures, before gathering his conclaves to hunt them to extinction when they were built up enough.

After the end of the War of Bleeding Heavens, when the Viel of the Creator's Madness was rent and torn and the Four Blasphemous Interlopers put their foot into Creation, the Virtual Optims were quickly slain, at least those that had not commited ritual suicide, the various Skinborn, Armies of the Daevasworn, and the other rebelling slaves decided to destroy all the work's of the empire to fire and mace and destroy their every trace, and confounded their divine minds by the alteration into the first Fae.

>essentially a cross between an ant colony, tsochar, and some ilithid elderbrain stuff
Not too interesting or unique at all, its like something just ripped out of the pages of Lords of Madness.
Though the political nuances do have me interested