Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Akashit Mysteries PDF when? Is this what a veilweaver with 1+ essence in a few veils ends up looking like?

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lomion.de/cmm/zodar.php
pastebin.com/7qmWFvnJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm going to be running some adventures in the southern fangwood, where i noticed a decent hook is that there's some kind of evil dryad working with demons.

What are some good ways to crossover nature fey and demons? Obviously applying the fiendish template to things can be done but what else could make for some good "nature meets the abyss" type foes? Siabrae? Half-Howlers?

Reposting from end of last thread.

Fungal queens

>Veilweaver

Really want all of that to be finalized so I'll feel safe looking it and thinking up builds. Really enjoyed Incarnum back in the day and I need something to keep me tided over until the Grimoire of Lost Souls is out.
Loving dat Dark Lord's Ring of Essence Binding on my Ring Chakra.

>Grimoire of Lost Souls
what that?

It'll never be safe, because it's bad, and they're being worse than paizo on keeping it bad.

It is alright to kill a PC at suitably-dramatic times. For instance, at the climax of a story-arc where that character would theoretically, be able to have their story "end" there. The Paladin who finally kills the lich-demon-king that destroyed their home city, but at the cost of his own soul being blasted into astral bits? Yeah, that's a fine way for a PC to go. Against a bunch of podunk goblins at level 4? Cut that shit out, son.

But PsyBomb has shown us that you can build pretty decent tier 3 gurus and viziers and tier 4 daevics who can pump out like 1000+ DPR.

No

New Pact Magic book. I missed the kickstarter but it should be done soonish, I hope. Be nice to get more binder shenanigans in at the table.

But.. isn't it safe once they print the physical book? I thought DSP was better about that sort of thing than most.

Bullshit he has. And who cares? Damage doesn't matter.

>Bullshit he has.

Go read the Akashic Mysteries guides for guru and vizier.

New thread, time to whine that Agathiel is a neat idea that falls just short of actually being something that would be fun to play.

Without just switching to a different class, how would one optimize the Agathiel? Would you homebrew any fixes to make it easier to use and less gimped compared to every other shapeshifting class feature out there?

This is what a veilweaver mech archetype looks like. King, king, kingu gainah

>King, king, kingu gainah
Autism?

>New Pact Magic book
sweet. Never got the chance to use Pact magic, but I've always wanted to

What's your experience with it

Also have a Daevic one up which includes the infamous Wrath Blender, which hit 1200 DPR. Not a fan of DPR Olympics builds, but when I try to break something I go all-out

I have. Team build-breaker and mathematician, at your service (for the next 20 minutes until temple). If you need the brief on how to make good characters in AM, I'm your guy.

Hey /pfg/, since you guys seem to be into Touhou, have you ever thought about how to integrate the bullet curtain into a game?

Any PCs that die to mooks don't deserve he title of heros. This is assuming that the GM isn't actively trying over work the PCs by giving them more encounters per day than they should.

Perfect explanation of why e8 exists. It's excruciatingly painful for the first 5 levels without some extra zesty cheese, then at 10 you have half a dozen methods to break WBL.

That's my experience with it, because I enjoyed the system and found quite a bit of tech.

Otherwise, it can make for a super solid gish or minionmancer.

Y'ever stop to think that maybe a class being able to hit that kind of level of damage is a bad thing?

Maybe Ssalarn should also stop to consider that PoW classes are good because you can build them however you want and tend to NOT suck almost like 4e classes! while veilweavers have fucking mountains of trap options.

How do you make the best use of AM to make a character that Sunders things and focuses on using a Behemoth Blade?

>asking a 3pp dev that
The answer is a mix of ''of COURSE not, they're not casters!" and "REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

You should also stop to consider that just because a veil is niche doesn't mean a dedicated veilweaver suffers for starting play with it. They shape their veils daily, remember?

Overall awesome.

The Binder from the offical 3.5 dnd line by WoTC was very solid and full of fluff. Did great things with the third of a book it got and very little support, and was hands down one of my favorite classes.

The later Secrets of Pact Magic books by Dario Nardi were a continuation of the trend. They were not quite as mechanically balanced, with a tendency to stop at 'this idea is cool' instead of continuing onto 'this idea is balanced' but overall still great things to play with. They flesh out a place for Pact Magic in many settings, and do a good bit of world-building along with their mechanics. Was updated for Pathfinder with a major balance overhaul and slight change to better fit into the system and it works very very well with it, though the overhaul also lost a lot of the fluff and character of things.

The new one that I mentioned and am waiting for is a rewrite and update of the Secrets line to Pathfinder, with a fuckton of extra content, all the updates and better mechanics of the old rewrite, and all of the fluff and story of the original. I am very hyped.

I could go into stories about times with Binders in games and so on, but I'm not the fastest typist and I doubt the thread is quite ready to turn into story-time yet.

I argued for trimming it down, but wasn't a part of the team at the time. Consensus of the thread was that if someone sacrifices EVERYTHING for damage (and trust me, the build was worthless for anything else) than absurd damage-only numbers were OK. Not ideal to me, but all things considered not as bad as the RAW NUMBERS suggest.

>our party's backstory is we all dropped out of some school of higher class learning
>the Brawler was "too tumultuous" for the monk order he trained with and got kicked out
>the Magus is a not!Hogwarts dropout who found a Black Blade

What class would work for someone who flunked out of the Alchademy?

A GM who accidentally sends in mooks with scythes because they look cool and menacing can have a big fuckup in the form of a 4x crit instantly killing a PC. The scythe isn't an overpowered weapon by any means but it's easy for a GM to not understand why rare instakills are okay for PCs to use while being horrible for a the world against them to use.

Casters can leave slots open and have divinations and shit like that.

Veilweavers can't leave slots open and don't have the same kind of divinations.

Mutagen Mauler or mutation warrior.

Or underground chemist.

Someone who measures the severity of an accident by how close it came to hurting himself.

>flunking out of a pleb-tier class
Commoner

A Hallucinist Investigator that is truly always high?

I don't think it stacks with any of the other archetypes, so that's right out. Maybe just run it as an unarmed fighter that happens to get Beast Shape abilities? Same way you'd run a Metamorph or Beastmorph Alchemist. A dip into those archetypes might not be too bad either.

I can honestly say I never tried to make a Sunder build, but the best platform for it would probably be an Akasin Guru after level 7 (Crack the Shell lets you apply Gentle Touch to objects). I'd need to look at the veil list again for more than that, on phone right now.

We take all feedback, user, and in this case the response is above.

You might be surprised. While they don't directly have the good divination effects (they have some, though), they can push Knowledge extremely hard with a couple of veils, which helps you pre-plan your setup

>alchemist
>pleb tier

You know what doesn't have daily spell changes? Sorcerers. Wizards, to an extent, in that they need circumstance and a nominal fee to obtain more spells.
You know what can't leave slots open? Sorcerers. Bloodragers.
You know what doesn't have the same kind of divinations? Bloodragers.

The classes have other things that make up for their spellcasting shortcomings, that play into their identity. Just consider that for a bit.

>Alchemist
>T3
>pleb-tier

>hurr the response is above
>replies to Sunder
>entirely ignores the problems with damage
W H A T A S U R P R I S E

If it's okay to just win entire adventures with a quarter of your daily spell allotment, it's exactly as okay to do 1600DPR.

The DPR solves far far less things than the other things.

I was referring to

>if
It's not, you cuckold.

>fullcasters are ok
kys bby thx ttyl

Knowledge doesn't let you know what the hell you're going up against in today's adventure arc.

Sorcerers have story-warping shit like teleportation and Planar Binding. They're way above veilweavers.

Bloodragers are basically just variant barbarians. Tier 4.

Neither is okay
Both are in the game.

Read the last part of his post, shitlord. Damage solves way less than a spell list. And really, level 20 getting a standing full-attack, they get what they deserve.

>hurrr it's not as bad as a wiserd so igt's all okv pls hel[ 2 many cox in mith choking
This is you. Kill yourself.

Hello, /pfg/! Are you looking forward to the weekend? Any big plans, in or out-of-game?

Alright, gotta go for now. I'll still note any discussion that happens, just can't respond for a couple of hours.

Shit being broken already isn't an excuse to add more broken shit.

Spells can be stopped. SR exists, saves exist, there's any number of effects that can cancel out spell effects, and then there's good old fashioned immunity to X.

Damage always works.

Gonna sit around and enjoy the chance to be a lazy useless git instead of working my ass off for a change. Vaguely thinking over a character idea for the upcoming Strange Aeons game that a friend is going to run, really psyched for it.

Fair enough if the PC is killed before they can act in combat, but sometimes the dice gods favor the GM and give the middle finger to the players.
And yes an inexperienced GM is not going to be a good GM. Thank you for pointing out the fucking obvious.

>what is damage reduction
>what is immunity to damage types
>what is a zodar

>AM
>Behemoth Blade
What are these?

>incorporeality
>ethereal
>mirror image
>wind wall
>cucks: "damage always works"
What's it like being a martial bitchboy and having to service your owners for buffs and gear?

Mine starts next Friday, but I get to finish up prep this weekend. Got some surprises in store.

Weekend's probably going to be game-light because of the 4th of July, but a new campaign is on the horizon. It's either going to be great or a humongous clusterfuck (or both).

Canceled for this and next weekend because people will be out of town

and after that I'll be in Alaska for 2 weeks

>zodar
What IS a zodar? I'm legit curious.

Hey /pfg/! Been looking around in the books and on the pfsrd, but I can't seem to find any option aside from being a summoner that lets me get an Eidolon buddy.
Are there any?

Damage is the easiest thing to prevent, reduce or otherwise negate.

Most of it by merely existing, OR, surprise surprise, by spells.

Damage only "always works" once it gets into the ridiculously high levels being complained about right here in this thread, and even then only against things not IMMUNE to it.

At that point though you've got so much optimization on the character you could've attained godhood in whatever you're trying to do.

Only the realest OGs.
lomion.de/cmm/zodar.php

Eidolon specifically? Not really. The Spiritualist gets something similar, and the Homunculist Alchemist gets a familiar that it can apply Eidolon evolutions to. I think that's it unless you go for a pet class like Druid or Hunter.

How is tonight's session going, lads?

Damn, was hoping for a way to have a buddy that could be summoned, sticks around until unsummoned/killed, and can respawn on the 24 hour timer like an eidolon. Debated guardian spirits but they only last a min/level.

It hasn't happened because half my fucking players haven't even come up with a character concept yet.

Akashic Mysteries

pastebin.com/7qmWFvnJ
Behemoth Blade

>nobody purged the waifu race cancer from the pastebin

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>this subhuman started shitting and crying about it instead of doing it himself next thread
If I were such a worthless piece of shit I'd probably commit suicide desu.

Those are pretty badass looking. The "incredible 25 strength" confused me for a second, but then I remembered 2e did stats very differently.

Yeah, they got statted in 3.X too and got immunity to bludgeoning, iirc. Fiend Folio?

Could take the Summoner VMC. Level 7 you get the Eidolon.

Everybody has a backstory
Nobody has a reason to team up
I spent 2 gaming hours tossing one proverbial bone after another for them to form a group.

Fuck. My. Life.

Thought about that, but it says that it's summoned with the Summon Monster sp that it grants, and therefore only sticks around for a min/level.

Most of my games usually start with 'hey, I'm competent, you look competent to, let's handle this shit' for how to get the group together to begin with.

You forgot the best one of all: concealment

Nice crit threat! Shame about that 51%, though...

Very few are even waifu races. Drop the kitsunes, the quarter-dragons and succubi, done.

The only thing we should drop are duplicate attempts at the same race. If you don't want a succubus character, you don't have to click every link you see.

I feel like something we might want to do is have the pastebin link to a Googledoc.

Then people can comment with a link to something they want to add, and people can reply to it with what they think of it.

As opposed to a pastebin which is notably more awkward to update.

>allowing edits
Sounds great, can't wait to correct all y'all's oppressive pronouns.

Unaonymously

I'll be sure to make you guys a nice new throwaway account.

I meant the pastebin linking to a list of links to the actual pages. Y'all ain't fiddling with people's pronouns unless they let you.

In order:

Ruby Lemniscate will be a (setting specific but mechanics can be generified) Martial Discipline meant to interact with Magic. Damaging spells can be cast through Maneuvers, using the Maneuver's saves, one of the early counters grants spell resistance... Think like a more "Arcane" Flavored Supernatural Discipline to Elemental Flux's Elementism.

The reason it's so tied to its setting is because I'm building the class for the setting (which I rebuilt Elf, Dwarf, and Human for, with the settings own take on Warforged, Aasimar, Tieflings, and Hengeyoukai - Chevaliers, Nephilim, Cambions, and Youkai respectively).

Regarding the Fools Errand bar, that's more fluff than balance, with FE basically being the anti-magic discipline (anti as in "does not get along with).

I think most of the crunch can be made to be fairly setting neutral, though.

>Ruby Lemniscate will be a (setting specific but mechanics can be generified) Martial Discipline meant to interact with Magic. Damaging spells can be cast through Maneuvers, using the Maneuver's saves, one of the early counters grants spell resistance... Think like a more "Arcane" Flavored Supernatural Discipline to Elemental Flux's Elementism.
K E K
E K K
K K E

>FE does not get along with magic
Actually it's the 'other' definition of Anti for other initiators and martials more than anything, despite being "against magic"

>Ruby Lemniscate will be a (setting specific but mechanics can be generified) Martial Discipline meant to interact with Magic. Damaging spells can be cast through Maneuvers, using the Maneuver's saves, one of the early counters grants spell resistance... Think like a more "Arcane" Flavored Supernatural Discipline to Elemental Flux's Elementism.

And other new disciplines have been there to shut all that stuff off, all "everything must be as EX as possible" and "supernatural must not work, this counter lets you kill it instantly"

Ruby Leminscate is hard-fucked before it even hits the ground.

It's more of a anti-martial discipline overall. The martial tradition for it even allows mages in. The fluff on it is, iirc, less "we hate mages" and more a bunch of martial arts masters "you know what, this wizard says the only way to do what he did is through self-buffing with magic. FUCK THAT GUY, I'm gonna do it anyway."

Then doing it.

What race/class combo is the OP's picture?

Halfling Agathiel before hitting level 4

Well, we're actually starting the game tomorrow, but we got the party set up today. We all picked fairly silly characters, but hopefully we're in good enough shape to tackle Jade Regent with minimal issue.

So, planning some feats which'll unlock additional BAB improvements or give additional iterative attacks
Good idea or shit idea? Or meh

Alright then, looks like the encounters will be a Fiendish Treant and some Cyth-Vsug worshipping Vegepygmies followed by Fiendish Dryads with Shambling Mounds minions and finish the adventure with a Fungus Queen commanding some weak demons with the fungoid template.

Fungus Queens do seem like pretty awesome monsters, thanks user.

>Extra iteratives
Well i doubt they will be able to hit with a +10/+5/+0/-5/-10 attack lineup.

I dont know they will either be boring and overpowered or boring and terrible.

Honestly below level 10 the "hurry up BAB for fuck's sake" drive is in feat requirements, and needing to spend feats to speed up other feat requirements sounds like a slippery slope that leads into a steady well paying job as a Paizo developer.

Sphere caster with the Conjuration Sphere, Avante Guard Kineticist, just a few off the top if my head

>additional iterative attacks
Full attack is already the best and most boring option and you want to make it better with extra attacks? That's pretty meh from a game play perspective. From an optimization persective it could range for meh to awesome.

It'd either bump them up to the next BAB tier, or it'd another give attack at their highest BAB value sorta like a speed weapon
The feat can stack with itself