EMN Spoilers

"How about no?"

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/Leakyfaucets
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's pretty neato

Designed specifically to counter Eldrazi and other cards with cast triggers.

One big fuck you to Maelstrom Wanderer.

less neato

Sundial without ending turns.

Might be fun against Burn in a control deck.

Will definitely be fun against Eldrazi in a control deck.

When it says spells, does it mean everything on the stack, permanents, as well as lands?

fuggin cool, m8

Lands aren't spells, and permanents are only spells when they're on the stack

But yeah, everything on the stack

No. Just spells and abilities which have not resolved yet.

Lands are not spells and do not use the stack. Permanents are only spells while on the stack.

Everything else is a spell while it is on the stack and would be exiled.

Spells only exist on the stack. Cards already in play and land won't be touched.

Oh that's a good point. I was just thinking Eldrazi but this works against Cascade too.

You know that moment when literally everyone decided to cast their instants in a EDH game? That's what this card is for.

I wonder why they chose to have it counter all abilities instead of exiling them along with the spells.

Yup and I'm trying to grasp the subtle differences between countering a spell and exiling it.

How the fuck would you exile an ability?

How long has it been since we've had a card that could counter abilities? The last I can recall is like... Coldsnap.

An extra "fuck you"

Exiling gets around the "can't be countered" clause and for the most part deals with the problem permanently.

The permanent can no longer activate that ability until it leaves the battlefield in some fashion?

Gets around "can't be countered"

That's not how exiling works. You can't exile text, you exile cards.

>26
>Double of 13

But does exiling a spell stop on cast triggers?

I don't understand your confusion. Being able to exile an ability isn't new. Look at the reminder text for Time Stop.

"Counter all abilities"

We control now

WHO YA GONNA CALL

Just watch me.

But counter spells can't stop on-cast triggers from activating.

On-cast triggers are abilities

Wrong image.

That poor Linvala

Is she okay?

odds that its a mind rot?

The only difference between a spell and an ability re: stack presence and interactions is that the latter isn't represented by a card. Think of it as exiling a copy of a spell - it leaves the stack and then poofs into nonexistence.

Looks like an oath to me.

No, but by the time you cast this card the ability is on the stack and so gets countered. The trigger isn't stopped, because it already happened, but the effect it generates is countered as part of this spell's resolution unless, for some reason, you wait for that effect to resolve before casting this.

lel that leakyfaucets guy revealed Lili's +1 on the reddit thread and people are all negging it

God damn, they knocked it out of the park with her face. She's gorgeous.

Well what the fuck is it, faygo

-2/-1 a dude for the turn

Okay I think I grasp it now. if you played a counter spell against Ulamog or Kozilek, are you removing them as spells from the stack and preventing them from resolving, entering the battlefield and becoming permanents.

However the on-cast triggers of their abilities would still resolve as those trigger resolutions are independent from the permanent spell resolutions.

Liliana a cute.

A CUTE.

>-2/-1
>not even a full Disfigure
Why bother

This man's thinking in the right directions

MAIN DECK EDH!

Yep! The OP's card would also counter the on-cast triggers, as they are abilities.

It turns all those 3/2 Eldrazi into 1/1s which can be blocked and killed by zombies.

>all those
>only targets one
>blocks
>from an ability that lasts until end of turn and has to be done at sorcery speed

Good pupper

Yet another card in the werewolf/ wolf tribal competing for that 3-4 cmc drop.

It's Oath of Liliana, get with the program.

>0/3
>0
really? can't even give us a fucking one?

Yikes, that could turn a game around if they get too aggressive.

Makes running into these look pleasant.

I know I was just asking if its ability would be mind rot

6 free life, plus 26 life on turn 7.
That'll staff Standard to hell and back.

He means its ETB effect

It's a protection effect to make a combat more favorable by turning trades into a benefit for you. Also protects against languish.

>that leakyfaucets guy

Who?

is that really competing for the 3 drop spot?
Maybe it's sideboard, but nothing more

>3/3 for 3 with flash
Will run in mono-green stompy based on that alone. I miss Boon Satyr something fierce.

it doesn't give you 26 life, it sets you to 26

It's either that or a 2/2 black Zombie creature token tapped.

So would this stop flip walkers and merge from resolving, thereby keeping them in exile?

No.

You exile the creatures as part of the ability. If you exile the ability, the creatures never go into exile.

Activating an ability puts an "ability" object onto the stack.
The stack resolves that object by resolving the abilities effect.
Ability objects can only exist on the stack, but like other objects can be moved around.
Exiling an ability object is like exiling a token object, it'll move into exile then be removed altogether when state based actions are checked.

no thats a cost i thought causing: to be right.

I kinda like the idea of her oath being a nod to Sarcomancy.

What are the chances of it being 1 mana like Nissa's?

stall*
6 free life, plus 23-25 life on turn 7.
Still makes Heroes Remembered look tame.

The only thing i have to adjust for is the mana cost. This thing would be stupid if it was 2G instead of 1GG. Still a neat card, helps u transform those turn 1 and 2 drops while insulating them from death that turn. Perfect counter to people who try to rush you before u can gain too much steam. Nice werewolf support.

t-thx wizards...

>Jace and Gideon = 3 mana
>Chandra = 2 mana
>Nissa = 1 mana
100%

the guy who leaked meld, eldritch evolution and some other shit

No, it's not a cost, you idiot.

Could you post a link or something? Searching "leakyfaucets" just brings up DIY repair stuff.

I can't wait to reveal this in my opening hand in EDH and then beat the table anyway.

oh god guys

guys

I think I have a waifu now

Reddit user leakyfaucets.
it's not hard.
unlike me.

Kinda behind the times there, chief

My brethren.

leakyfaucets123 to be exact

It's the fact that the hair almost looks like it's in a Ponytail.

I'm not seeing anything about MtG on this reddit.com/user/Leakyfaucets

That explains it then.

Jokes on you I just give a new guy haste with Forerunner of Slaughter.

Can someone post the damn effect seaching for shit on plebbit is the worst shit ever.

this dude is underrated as hell. self-mill may as well be draw in a zombie deck

Screeching Skaab has been around since OG Innistrad you know.

It's not a one drop though.

So it's supposedly

>+1: Up to one target creature gets -2/-1 until end of turn.
>-2: Put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard, then return up to one creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
>-7: Emblem.

This seems pretty underwhelming for being "the Last Hope'. I was almost wanting her to be a fuckoff powerful 6 mana walker or something.

yeah i'll believe that when i see the card

not that i doubt it i just think they'll do something more powerful

The guy spoilered Eldritch Evolution and a couple other cards.
No reason to believe he is bullshitting.

Nah, i'd rather just play the 1/1 Zombie Rat with Deathtouch and Skulk.

Seams kind of weak when we almost all the walkers since BfZ have been really good, but maybe that's the point.

I'll believe what I want, when I want, and how I want it.

the best shit tends to get spoiled first. Since she isn't out yet she probably isn't good

It depends a lot on what the emblem does. Could be great, could be terribad. Also what mana cost and starting loyalty?

Enjoy your murderous blames-others-for-her-problems waifu!