client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jumpers!

Do you prefer buying gear with CP or crafting gear from scratch?

Crafting! I didn't pick up those tailoring and object enhancing perks for nothing.

I am my gear.

A mix of both. Sometimes I use the cp bought items as a base to build other stuff. Other times I try to recreate the cp bought items via my other perks and abilities.

Buying and then upgrading it further!

>why not both.jpg

Crafting dawg, it also gives me an opportunity to hide some...tricks. I usually build or revamp vehicles, so some crazy shit got left behind in my Chain, like a code-casting runic starship in Star Wars KOTOR.

Picking it up in Clone Wars was awesome and everyone learned very quickly not to laugh at any old beaten up ship.

Eh I just wanted to know peoples vague preference. Unless someone is going for a theme, most people end up with a smattering of both anyways. I just have a crafting heavy theme.

If you are not doing it right, then don't do it.

well my Preference is generally to just steal it,if it already exists but I've house that you can't steal things offered for CP, which is why Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 1 was such an agonizing build for me, of course things like the safeguard sword in blame! was not the same safeguard sword offered in the jump, which was the one from the prequel but rather stolen from a defeated safeguard during the climax of the plot.

I buy interesting CP gear, but I then do what I can to reverse engineer it and incorporate it into my own designs.

So my walking around and combat gear are my own craft, but they're based on technology and magic I've acquired elsewhere.

Legacy of Use is amazing.

Hey Strike-Chan, were you not including an appearance perk in the new DXD release or did I just not see it?

What is legacy of use?

Depends what it is. I tend to like having the Jump-chan Guarantee™ for important stuff like primary weaponry and protection, things I need to absolutely not screw up when I'm eyeballs deep in boss fights.
Then I layer my own modifications over the top.

But if it's to hand out to other people, my own stuff is just as good.

It's from Smite. It's a great perk, particularly when you consider it isn't a capstone.

>Legacy of Use (400CP: Discount Drop in) –

>Your items become stronger as you use them, your feats with them feeding the items power. Sing a giant to sleep and your lute lulls people to sleep whenever you wish. Slay a dragon by charging through its flaming breath with your shield and your shield shall protect you better from fire from now on. By truly mastering the self you may have this apply to you as well.

What do key crests in tales of symphonia look like?

Oh, before I fucking forget and screw up everything forever.

Now, when entering a new Jump and I'm using Pods, do I actually need to import my companions? There's a couple of Jumps that I'd like them present in as themselves wholly for Chain-plot reasons.

The thing is, I have a technicality I can use to summon them to me after I jump in, but I'd rather not use it because it's fucking cheating.

What are some good jumps to prepare for a war of annihilation against the Johj?

I craft items to later consume and assimilate them.

Sometimes I also buy items to consume and assimilate them.

You only need imports if you want to give your companions shit from the jump itself. You don't need imports or import options to have your companions running around with you.

This applies to both companions and pod people.

Huh, 'kay, thanks user.

Now if you don't mind, there's a little frustration I need to work out.

Just keep in mind that unless it's specified in the jump, your companion slots are limited to 8+P. Eight is the number of normal companions you can have out at one time, and P for pods. Pod people don't count against normal companion slots.

Also, since we're on it, there are companions that have multiple companions for one slot: the two Choirs from LoT, the IG platoon from 40k, Kerbals, and a few others.

Unless otherwise specified, though, assume that it's 1 companion per slot.

Animorphs, Biomega, Gargoyles, Supreme Commander, Resident Evil and Worm.

There's some gear out there that doesn't really have any how-to guides on creating, or appears to run on fiat. Like the World Items in Overlord, considering the mystery of how PCs ended up in the New World and YGGDRASIL's magic system usurped the native spirit energy-based system is still completely unexplained. Or the egg in Digital Devil Saga.

On the whole though, I don't actually have a preference. Whether I buy or craft gear, I generally end up tinkering with it a lot.

I tend to make my own much if the time, but I do buy items from time to time if I want to be sure they're not going to break on me.

So, in light of what was discussed last thread about how slow the perks make you in comparison to Quicksilver, would Manyfist and Cracker_Jack consider updating their jumps to make the speed powers faster?

I'm not saying they should make them be Mach 2000+, just better than they are.

But Arrowverse speedsters are much slower than Quicksilver, barring time travel shenanigans aren't they?

>All of Disney
Poor Elona.

Yes they are, though as stated last thread Quicksilver's "speed" is better described as a time manipulation power.

I pretty much refuse to support a comicbook that considers that kind of society to be a good thing.

It's one thing to try and sell 'women are in charge!' and another to try and sell 'they kill their mates and enslave their sons!' as a good thing.

There's no proof of that. Everything points to him just having super speed and secondary mutations that let him bend physics over a table.

My point is that means there's no reason why Manyfist should update his jump based on feats by a character from a completely separate continuity from the relevant jump he made.

>It's one thing to try and sell 'women are in charge!' and another to try and sell 'they kill their mates and enslave their sons!' as a good thing.
Well, to be technical they didn't enslave their sons. They sold their sons as slaves to Hephaestus in exchange for weapons and armor.

Also yeah, what said really. Especially since Apocalypse tripped him up seemingly by accelerating his own reaction time rather than deploying his own space-time shenanigans.

There are higher quality images of individual Key Crests, but this should show you the variety of looks they have.

To be fair, I'd rather own a divine hammer than a kid who's going to rack up college debt so I can't fault the Amazons' logic there at least.

Plus the fact that he was able to send Apocalypse flying with his punches in the first place.

That distinction doesn't matter much, user.

All I'm saying is moving the softcap higher. I really just mentioned Arrowverse because if the X-Men power gets buffed more, it'll be explicitly better than the Arrowverse one and people will probably bitch about it.

I wasn't giving it as a justification, just to clarify what was going on in case anyone was curious.

Honestly I just wanted Speedster for the unlimited access to the Speedforce post-spark.

Arrowverse Speed force has plenty of non speed applications, like throwing and catching lighning. . . somehow

Yeah, I would love to see the soft caps buffed to Mach 100 or so.

Arrowverse also displays feats that mean that your limit of mach 40 is pathetic (relative to the other speedsters), even without the lightning bullshit.

Like?

It wasn't painted as a good thing at all.

Wonder Woman was pretty horrified when she found out about it and Hephaestus basically calls them all out on it. The whole female-only idyllic warrior society is revealed to be a pretty brutal and unpleasant sham.

I honestly don't know where you could have gotten the idea that it was all sold as a good thing but I can only assume you didn't read the comic.

And you would still be less 5% as fast as quicksilver. . .

>it'll be explicitly better than the Arrowverse one and people will probably bitch about it.

I just don't follow the logic here. "People might complain about thing because unrelated thing from another setting is better" isn't a valid argument, especially when it's founded on the cancer that is interjump balance. By that logic everyone should be complaining every fireball spell isn't the equal of Giga Slave.

Like that time in season 1 where Barry moved fast enough to see lightning going in slow motion?

A question about KH jump, could I grab the Part of a Whole Drawback twice?

Why don't you pick up secondary Perks to help with that? I mean I can literally walk faster than Quicksilver could run thanks to a combination of Super Speed, Bayonetta's magic style, Quicksilver Style, Kanka, Chi usage, and Shunko. Granted this is all ridiculous when combined, but isn't that the entire point?

Why not just get yourself some time powers and copy quicksilver? Why try to force makers to change their jumps to match something outside of their jumps?

Is that feat consistent with all his other feats or just an outlier to look cool?

What if you combine it with Lunar Dial from Touhou? Would that help?

I imagine he's conflating how it was viewed pre New 52 and how it's presented in the New 52. Most of the heartache it caused, if I remember right, was that it did kick the pedestal out from under Amazon society and made them more gritty and less utopian.

Well, it is a soft cap...

So instead of giving us a REAL Skullgirls 2 they're giving us a shitty cashgrab phonetrash game with microtransactions. Consider me pissed off.

I never said it made sense, user. But with those being really similar abilities in kind-of similar jumps, I can just see people arguing about it.

Yes, as would any other time power.

What are some good time stop/slow perks that would be good for this?

>It's totally a bad thing but we aren't gonna do anything about it at all

Did she try to save the slaves? Actually do anything to stop the Amazons from repeating the process?

I could've sworn Arrowverse Flash capped out at fewer machs, that sounds more like a feat of perception than land speed per se really.

You know, I really wish there were better feats for Lunar Dial. People keep insisting to me that it's better than Time Alter Accel in every conceivable way but as far as I can tell a maid uses it to clean really, really good and I just roll my eyes at it getting put on such a pedestral just because it's from Touhou. I mean, DBZ's, well, an endjump and it's a setting where a guy who can reverse time for a few seconds is considered crazy OP by the time of Goku mastering his super saiyan god powers and going to the interuniverse tournament.

Most time powers I can think of are "slow time for 60 seconds".

Fair enough. I just think suggesting to do something because people might argue about it otherwise instead of making a logical decision consistent with established principles is pretty silly.

That guy from DBZ can only stop time and even then for less than a second I believe.

I honestly don't know anything about Touhou, it's just the only time power I know of that's that flexible.

Time Alter Accel is pretty shitty as far as time powers go man. A Maid using it to clean fast means she can at least accomplish the main function of TAA as well as that ability can. The only other ability it has is slowing down the user. Both speeding up and slowing down the user also damages the user. So basically, most time powers are going to be better then the one that only affects the user and does so at a lethal cost.

You must be new here.

Sakuya's role and duties doesn't make her power less impressive.

It's ultimately a game series where the characters are cute, outlandish lolis doing cute and/or horrific things then drinking tea. A maid is mandatory.

Meh, admittedly I'm speaking from the point of view of someone with too much regen but in practice that just means to me they're on-par with each other and I think TAA is cooler.

That's a fait point. I'm willing to buy it's more flexible, but people acted like it also stops time more or has more raw power or...something, just because of some throwaway lines in the perk about usurping other peoples' timestops I can't find any basis for in the Touhou canon. I guess the part about it manipulating space as well is kind of neat if you're ever dealing with someone specifically insured against time-only shenanigans?

Oh, stop that you.

On the one hand, holy shit DBZ is bad at time shenanigans.

On the other hand to be fair at the speed Goku and any reasonable rival must be fighting at by now, even half a second is a long, long window of opportunity to punch a guy with.

Allow me to rephrase: Sakuya's role and duties render it unclear why I should be impressed with her power in any way, shape or form because I can't recall her doing anything impressive with it unlike, say, that oni who can turn intangible.

So your speaking from the point of view of someone using the ability beyond what is shown in canon and dissing another ability because what is shown in canon isn't as impressive as what you could only accomplish with stuff beyond the ability by itself? Seems mighty unfair. Not to mention that Sakuya can stop time, something TAA is absolutely unable to do.

Well they do it 3 times every century so it may not be due for a while, IIRC she had been exiled and by the time she actually had any influence over the society there was a massive catastrophe on the horizon. Catastrophe gets averted and then the run ended so nobody really knows what would have happened after that. I think it was implied once or twice that Diana was curbing some of the uglier aspects of their society when they were all under attack but there wasn't really enough time for full societal change of a people who were largely ignorant of the world at large and worshipped gods who are mostly arseholes.

She actually did try to save the slaves when she found out about them but then they all turned out to want to carry on broing it up with Hephaestus because he's actually a good dude.

She's a bossfight and a character in the fighting games. Have you at least watched videos of that?

Just go Thief of Time in SBURB. Get all the time, all of it.

>Lunar Dial
Found the page on her powers, it's a little more ridiculous than I remembered, so I'll be quoting directly:
> Sakuya possesses the ability to manipulate time, where she's able to control the flow of time, such as speeding up time, slowing it down, erasing it, and stopping time altogether. She can also compress the flow of time to make both past and future to exist at the same time, making the same object from different timelines be in many places simultaneously.The extend of her ability let her not only control the time of the place in which she is, but can influence the flow of time of a person, a specific object or even a small zone if she so desires, such as stopping the time of an object and thus affecting the space, making it stand still on thin air or creating time suspension fields where everything inside them will be affected by her ability; she can also accelerate or decelerate the movement of objects from slowed down speed to incredibly high speed, to even reaching the speed of light, making it move at tremendous speed. However, as it is difficult to reverse events that have already occurred, and since she is not able to return broken things to how they were originally even if she reversed time, in reality, it is not possible to reverse time. However, she is able to do things to the extent of moving things back to where they were originally. She has shown the ability to erase time of an object from a respective timeline; such as erasing bullets of the present and then the future, making them non-existent.
[pt. 1 / ?]

> She is also able to manipulate space,[1][9] and can narrow or lengthen it: she made the Scarlet Devil Mansion, which was originally spacious, even more abundantly spacious, and furthermore just like this she cleans alone. ZUN also said that "Manipulation of Time" is synonymous with "Manipulation of Space" (as it's well-known space and time are related as a 4-dimensional Lorentzian space within a pseudo-Riemannian manifold). By manipulating space-time, Sakuya is able to create parallel universes to some degree of extend, allowing her to make another Sakuya appear in front of her, which will execute a different action to that of the original, and thus creating a time paradox.

> According to Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, the power to control time is a power that a human can possibly have, but isn't acquired just from just training. In the games, using this ability, she scatters an infinite quantity of knives. To disclose the secret of this trick, she stops time and assiduously collects the knives.

> Hieda no Akyuu believes Sakuya has managed to live so long while still looking like a teenager by manipulating time. It's true that Sakuya can increase the speed at which something ages, such as making bamboo flowers bloom instantly in Marisa's A ending of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, even though this would normally take sixty years. It seems safe enough to assume she can decelerate aging for a specific object, too.
[pt. 2 / 2]

Did you just not research at all mate? Even the most cursory look at the wiki not only describes her power but gives canon examples. You shouldn't expect much if you base your opinion on naught but hearsay.

Given that I take companions BASICALLY just for funny setting interactions (which is how P&S won out on my original build), I'm now tempted to try and take both.
Geez, that's so expensive, though...

I mostly like to buy stuff and then upgrade it. Stuff I make all by myself tends to be mass produced or tailored for the setting.

Well, we got the go ahead to blow up the planet if needbe, so.
Exterminatus...?

They're basically just a broach designed to allow magic filtering. See: I just use the one from Madoka.
Homuhomu has "I just fucking freeze time for everything everywhere, end of story", and that's good enough for me.

Hey, I never said I was unbiased. I'm not asking for anything to be changed here, I'm just saying from my point of view one's overrated as fuck.

Amusingly enough, ever since Kiritsugu became a Servant in Fate/Grand Order it seems his Time Alter has become a Rank B Noble Phantasm called Chronos Rose and...it's literally just Time Alter, but it doesn't appear to damage him anymore.

This is funny to me for some reason.

Yes. Bossfights rely overmuch on spamming lasers, dodging and gameplay mechanics themed around those elements. None of which appear to portray impressive time shenanigans to my mind.

You're not wrong but then I was talking about Touhou and TAA, not Sburb.

Fair enough.

But pardon me if I'm a little underwhelmed that all this is Wildbow'd through author comments, part of someone's unconformed rumor or otherwise somehow isn't represented at all in the battles.

Oh hey, I like the hair down look, blue. Is it odd that I think you'd fit perfectly into P&S? You should totally buy both sets of canon companions.

>A question about KH jump, could I grab the Part of a Whole Drawback twice?
Soooo, I guess I'm gonna have to fanwank this then?

>But pardon me if I'm a little underwhelmed that all this is Wildbow'd through author comments, part of someone's unconformed rumor or otherwise somehow isn't represented at all in the battles.
There is an image, on the wiki page, clearly labeled, of her stopping time, in a canon manga written by ZUN himself. If you're simply too lazy to spend the minute to check I have no idea what to say to you.

Had taken it as you were shopping time manipulation and those were the two you were most interested in. Therefore I proposed a third option that's similarly strong but less reliant on either going through the land of wank and lolis (unless of course that's what you decide is your planet's name for SBURB).

>the land of wank and lolis

But isn't that just Veeky Forums?

As in Tohou. It's composed of nothing but those two things by my understanding.

That's pretty idiotic. Studies have shown that men only very rarely develop Stockholm Syndrome for their captor.

What are the best time stop perks/powers/tech?

Done as best I can. if you notice more I'll fix it

Oh right, I forgot how to do jumps.

No. Ones a charisma perk and the other is a magic perk. Because they use subterfuge as a theme doesn't mean anything. I flipped 'em around.

I added some stuff to dragon though.

Less captor and more 'the god who saved them from letting drowned by their insane mothers, raised them and then let them run around in robot suits making crazy shit in a magical factory'.

>Hey Strike-Chan, were you not including an appearance perk in the new DXD release or did I just not see it?

Rick&Morty's timestop tech probably. It can keep time stopped pretty much as long as you want.

Still slaves and still their captor. If a guy buys you from the black market and traps you in a basement he's STILL your captor and owner even if he gives you videogames.

>Changeling - 400 - Mages mostly focus on developing power, bigger explosions, bigger summoning, bigger barriers, but there is something to be said for finesse. Minuet alterations to bone and sinew, skin and flesh, while not a particularly powerful procedure takes a lot of concentration. With this perk you have that finesse, along with a set of spells that can painlessly change the appearance of anyone they are applied to. Make an enemy unrecognisable to their allies, make yourself unrecognisable to them, or just give an friend the face and set of knockers they've always wanted. (50% off for Khaos)

Didn't you (or another user) describe it as "So I can make my uggo companions not uggo no more" or something to that effect?

...you wouldn't happen to be that guy who's super butthurt about interpreting any form of emplyment ever as slavery would you?

biomancy =/= appearance.

>"So I can make my uggo companions not uggo no more"
Yeah, that's pretty much what I said.

While this wasn't what I was looking for, it's still pretty neat and it'll do the trick. Thanks.

Or wait for the jumpmakers. You do know it's morning and a holiday in the US?

Lunar Dial and the one from Madoka

Nope, actually forgot that.