Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Back To The Futu- I mean Gospyria Edition

Alright, apparently some big chunk of our old ship crashed on Gospyria. We suspect this might be Nyzart's doing so... yeah we're going in to investigate.
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4Chan: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>What the fuck is this?
Somewhat a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkKuhAxcH7g
youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s)
youtube.com/watch?v=ptQW_Yhg9Jg).
youtube.com/watch?v=GgbPLAev5T8),
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>wakes up clutching his head and mumbles
where am I? h-how long have I been out?

WHAT
WHY

>the constant noise of activity suddenly ceases from inside VB19. A voice cries out in joy, "'I'z done it!"

From here to there... The life of a guardswoman...
>Wonders what they have to shoot this time.

On our new ship, well technically Greely's...

We're going to make a search over the planet surface because a big chunk of the old ship got teleported here.

Because you own this place.

Ah Gospyria's orbit at last... I've awaited long to see this place again. I'll obviously need a distraction to exit the ship safely...

Why I have the feeling something's about to go horribly wrong?

so I missed out on killing nasty bug things?
>shrugs and goes back to sleep.

I shall have my crew scan the surface for any wreckage of note.
at least Nyzart isn't secretly ruling an imperial planet any more.

>is carefully putting bear traps all around his bed

>Is laughing internally, not wanting to spoil the fun.

>smirks at the sight of this and starts to play to himself.
>youtube.com/watch?v=nkKuhAxcH7g

>There's clearly a large chunk that belonged to the Informal Penance, it has numerous trails of motorbikes among other vehicles, but they're only partial due to the wind activity.

>out of VB19 stomps a jet-black abomination. A thing that should not be. A Sentinel with what appears to be speakers aggressively strides out.
>out of the hatch on top pops out a man in the unmistakable robes of the Mechanicus. For some reason he has painted his skin green, and grafted a crude metal claw onto his left arm.
Da Speshul Anti-Psyka Sent'nil is complete!

>finishes putting the traps and wires them all to a melta bomb, before setting off
So... uhhh.. h-hey moth.
>she looks like a guilty puppy. A lethal puppy, but still.

hey.
>he smiles calmly at her and motions for her to come closer.

Corporal, I believe that I've found your missing ship. It seems that it's already been investigated by... something.

>The black and white servoskull overwatching the area runs into a vent for a matter of security.

>practically curls up against him
Uhhh... I b-brought you a gift...

Well you're acting unusually kind to a xeno today. Aren't you Corporal...

Uhhm... Boss? I t'ink I mightah done sumf'ing stuped again...

>boops her nose
a gift? it's not a dead Eldar is it?
>laughs at his own joke before strumming a short tune.

>Discretely points to the bear traps around the Eldar's bed.

I woke up with a good mood, Sarge, the day's just getting better apparently.

>she presents him with a weird looking pistol. You can't but notice the hand-mad decoartions in what seem to be teeth
Uh- t-there was this tau infiltrate you know... I felt g-guilty f-for eating alone so... I b-brought you his stuff.

Does it involve an ork mek and a sentinel perchance?

>Is walking through the ship looking for something to do, instead of working on her equipment near the engineering department.

don´t want to spoil your fun, but the infiltrator was female

wow,
>spins the pistol on his fnger before holstering it.
thank you, so much, thank you.

>He'd sigh at the sight of the bear traps before face palming himself

Why do I bother asking...

>He'd turn to look at the masked soldier.

You know that isn't going to work right?

I'z got sumfing just for da o-occ-okay- ah, zog it.
>the man disappears down into the Sentinel's crew compartment. Yelling can be heard, and then suddenly. Suddenly...

>The speakers activate.
>No matter where on the ship the crew might be, a song (youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s) can be heard.
>And it is too loud.

Eh, I'm just an spectator by this point, I've grown to find the regiment amusing on how they manage to get anything into a clusterfuck themselves alone.

I don't even know what will happen with the beartraps and the eldar, I'll just watch the results.

>I wonder if she would even be able to tell the difference, with aliens.
>or care about it
>she still left one arm in the vents in Sam's room, anyway
So uhm... y-you are not angry anymore?

>wakes up again, steps out of the bed and screams in pain as the bear trap clamps down on his left leg
bugger me!
>detatches his robotic leg and limps away...
bloody mon-kiegh!

No boss! You knowz all me boyz was killed durin' me last WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! After dey went and used der' 'plodey Vests on dat der' hive world!

Dey wasn't even no propah explodeh Orkz! Ev'ryone knowz true Explodeh Orkz are immune ta explosions!

Ya knowz where we keeps all da dakka? And all da glowy f'ings?

>boops her again on the nose.
nope.
>looks at the sight.
oh my...

Pfffft! Sorry to laugh Larrs. But I have to admit. It's funny to see Eisen fail on just SO many levels these days.

Yees...?
>He doesn't sound like he likes where this is going...

>Lowers his Volume receptors to the minimum so he doesn't have to stand the loud music.

Ah the advantadges of a mechanical body...

>He turns to the ork again
You were saying?

>Checks if no one is looking and then shoots the nearest loudspeaker in annoyance.
Hello? Somebody destroyed an loudspeaker in one of the hallways.
>Speaks over vox and then hurries back to her room.

>Hurries back to her room, not knowing what Miranda migth have left here.
Better not get caugth. better not get caugth.

Hey! This wasn't my doing! I just stood here to watch it.

>turning down the volume doesn't help
>there's something very wrong with this

>the music continues. You are beginning to get a headache.

>limps away muttering about how much he hates humans.

Magos! Find the source of this racket and cut it off.
>"As you wish, captain."

Wellz.... I mightah cauzed it all ta go all explodeh loik well troyin' to improve me personal explodeh vest...

An the explosion mightah sent me floying inta dat der' co' moon' eh' cation f'ingy and sent out a S O S signal...

bugger me, that was meant to be Larrs.

Oh-oooh! T-thanks the emperor!
>there is a disgusting smell in the room now

Well now.... this is bad... interesting... but still bad.

>Attempts to ignore the noise in her room, before searching for some medicine in her boxes.

>Noticing the smell, she starts to wonder where it came from.
Did we forgot a few rotting tyranids?

Hey! Don't blame me Larrs! You should know by now that Eisen will always try to kill you.

Still... all things considered. I think you're starting to grow on the bastard.

The vents...
>she's right behind you
They smell funny.

We better not have! Our regiment is still only at two full companies after that fiasco on and around Tranch!

>the Sentinel begins stomping around the ship's larger hallways, continually blasting the incredibly loud music /anti-Psyker weapon . A new song begins to play (youtube.com/watch?v=ptQW_Yhg9Jg).

>Leads Alice to the Imperial Fists

>leans against the wall and sticks his tongue out
I'm sure I am, however those legs are not cheap.
>points to the space where is leg should be.
anyone else getting a headache?

Oh big time... but that's probably just from dealing with the ungodly amount of stupidity of the regiment on a daily basis... R-right?

Grr...

ALRIGHT TIME FOR PLAN A TO BE EXECUTED! I DON'T STAND IT ANYMORE ON THIS SHIP!

>Heads to the console in the hideout.

I'm taking over this ship and then I'm going back to the planet to finish the job I've been unearthing for the last 7 years.

>Checks the vents and...
Amelia! catch some fresh air! Now!
>Pulls out a half rotted tau arm stuck in what seems to be remains of orange armor.
Who would...?
>Remembers the events before and after the trip to the spacehulk and has to resist the urge to puke.
MIRANDA!!!

You don´t have to worry. It´s not a tyranid.
>Shut´s off the vox sounding disgusted by something.

>For some reason, still dressed like a Cadian and -not- like someone who is actually important, takes a knee at the Marine's feet.
My Lords, forgive my intrusion, but I believe we have captured someone who may.....be of interest to you.
>Nervousness intensifies

I don't think so man, this could be bad news.
>clutches his head.
someone get me a drink.

I got over killing him a long time ago, I just find it amusing how he always gets into problems though. Seriously I had nothing to do with this one, I just watched.

>she even left a small note
>it says "just in case you're hungry at night and need a snak
>there's even a smile drawn
>cuddled against Mot, Miranda grins
I am r-really happy you know?

Wha'z plan Eh boss? Is dat da one dat means we kill all da punie 'umies? Or is dat da one where I kill all da 'umies aftah you tellehports some new boyz ontah da ship?

>kisses her forehead
you certainly seem it.

>He tries to hide the small smile creeping across his face by looking away

Bullshit you had nothing to do with it Eisen! But as long as it doesn't kill him, or the other members of Dreg-Crosser squad then I'm fine with it.

After all, it's just how "you" express your feelings for the rest of us. Isn't it Corporal.

>Just stares at the note in disbelief, before grabbing some of her spare t shirts and wrapping the arm around it.
Okay... need to calm down... Corporal, Chief or Sargeant?
>Looks at the arm and pukes into an empty box.
Eisen. He has the flamer.
>Walks out towards Mirandas location, hoping Amelia isn´t in the room rigth now.

>ship ratings come running to the source of the noise, flanking the ship magos
Freeze!
>they aim lasguns at the sentinel

>Music still going (youtube.com/watch?v=GgbPLAev5T8), Tags the Diggamek pops open the hatch
ZOG DA YOU LOT WANT?!

I hate it when things aren't simple like that...

Is something wrong over there Sam?

Also do you want me to talk to "him", and see how "he" feels?

>the techpriest speaks
By order of captain Sternbridge, you are to cease this noise.

Yes! I had a very g-good meal, and you have forgiven me! And I l-like to share m-my happiness... eheheheheh...
>she's following her
Where are you going, Miss Hawthorn?

>the green-painted man's expression changes from slightly pissed to full-blown rage
YOU'Z WANT ME TA DO WOT?! I'Z JUST FINISHED BUILDIN' IT! THIS IS DA TESTIN' PHASE!

N-no! I talk to him,myself!
>The look of disgust on her voice mixes itself with a blush.
And I... found this in my room... With a note from Miranda.
>Hands him both the rotting tau arm in the t shirt and the note.

I´m looking for an superior of ours.
>Doesn´t botter to hide the look of disgust on her face.

>Somewhere in the ship, far away from the music belching abomination, Oddball peeks out of his hatch.
>He actually looks fully sober for one.
What's with all the negative waves man?! Trying to take a nap here!

Being so angry is not healthy, miss hawthorn.
>stares

>Was speaking with his battlebrothers.
>Sees the guardsman kneeled down to a squad sergeant who seems to be perplexed
>Approaches.
Is something of the matter?
>"This guardsman says she has a captive that might interest us, Commander"
>He turns his attention to the Guardsman.
Is that so?

>drops to the floor foaming at the mouth.
someone get me a drink!

What... is it?

G-god Emperor's Throne!!!

>He almost vomits at the very sight of the arm. But somehow manages to keep it down.

Who the hell does something lik-

>He pauses for a moment, having already realised who's behind it.

I'm gonna kill her.... I am PERSONALLY going to kill her! I will tear her in half and throw her remains out a fething airlock!

No one! And I mean "NO ONE" messes with my group of rejects and gets away with it!

Oh no, I've been sowing the seeds of rebellion over this crew for almost a year now... it's time I give them the last push they need and give us a distraction viable enough to make landfall to the planet... but to do that I require coordination... It will just be a moment, you'll be able to bash anyone you want that stands on our way to the thunderhawk once I'm done with this.

>signs the Aquila at the Force Commander
Yes Mi'Lord, a Heretic who wronged your Chapter greviously in the past, he is in captivity aboard the ship we came in on, we can guide you there if you wish, should you want to deal with him personally?

My psychiatrist said I was passive aggressive before I burned him alive, sarge, I'm ussually more direct than bear traps, not my style...

And technically Miranda's also one of "your group of rejects", sarge.

>all anger on Tags' face disappears as he grins like a child on the Sanguinala and shuts off the music
OH-HO-HO, boss! This roight-flash bitta scrap is a vehicle o' great dee-zine! It's me very own anti-weird Sent'nil! Ron gots me ta make it for 'im!

So... no explosionz...?

>The Explodeh Ork Warboss genuinely appears sad about this. But soon enough cheers up at the notion of killing.

I'll smash dem punie 'umies gitz ontah da ground Boss!

>He lets out a loud howl that can be heard throughout the entirety of the ship.

Itz toime for dah WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

A certain Falstin Severon, to be exact.

Well, you´re rigth. But in some situation anger is all that´s there.
>Calms down and wonders who exactly the adult between her and Amelia is.

Could I do that myself, Sargeant? She is pissing me off with her actions constantly.
>Is probably asking something unreasonable.

>The NCO looks genuinely pissed off as he turns to face the Corporal.

I'm still gonna kill her! That fucking cannibal deathworlder has gone to damn far this time!

>her stare is particularly judgemental
That is not an adult thing to say, Miss Hawthorn.

No... we're all going to deal with her... I'm sick of the way she does things. And I'm getting sick of the way she treats you all! I don't care if her minds broken because she houses part of the Emperor within her, I'm still gonna kill her!

>steps in front of him.
you can try but you'll be having to get past me!

Falstin Severon? I recall some of my men being requested on serving under his cause years ago, the situation escalated to dangerous levels quickly... I was not notified he was considered "rogue".

Then again, none of the inquisitors present on this meeting are considered rogue and all want to reach each other's throats. This could possibly be power play between two inquisitors too. Have you verified he is regarded as a traitor?

True, but...
>Just decides to quit arguing with her charge.
That´s why stuff like anger management therapy exists.

>Simply nods, fully agreeing with the Sargeant.

Mot, I´m sorry... but she did go overboard. Again.
>Can´t look the musician in the eye.

Yes Mi'Lord, his crimes are rather severe.
>Alice drops her voice to a whisper.
He was deemed Excommunicate Traitoris My Lord.

I don't care, none of you are laying a finger on her!

You may rise, guardsman.

You did well warning us of his capture, but you said that he would interest us in special.

Why? What crimes could he have possibly done against my chapter's honor?

>He looks at the man before with him a look that could inspire fear within the ranks of the Black Legion.

Stand aside Mot... Miranda has gone too far this time and you know it! I understand she's special to you, but the things she does are not just borderline heretical, but on the moral ground are way below line! She has to be stopped Mot!

>hides behind Mot, grinning, and hand on the badge that marks her off as stormtooper of the INQUISITION

>Shrugs.
Do I preppare the torture chamber or you're going for the more casual execution?

over. my. dead. body!

I have been told not to.
>Thinks about having the inquisitorial guys deal with it.

That´s it. The inquisitorial staff are going to hear about this!

Mot, we will put you down if we have to. I don't care what if I get a black mark or charged with assault. I'm going to protect the men and woman under my command before Miranda has a chance to actually kill them!

Now stand down Mot.

MH. Mh.
>hands you a paper. It is for Malak.

>is angrily marching past when he stumbles upon the scene
Sergeant Ordenius, right? Why the fuck are you doing...
>Ron gestures at the unfolding chaos
This?