Campaign Styles that annoy you

PF/3.5 Edition
"Low/no magic campaign, human only, high intrigue"

>I don't know any other systems
>and recently watched too much Game of Thrones
Your GM has bad taste.

>"Sandbox" campaigns.
It always translates to one of two things:
A.) The GM is too lazy to actually come up with even the barest thread of plot direction or story arc
B.) The players all decide to do different things and the sandbox becomes a WTF mess of random bullshit that's worse than Skyrim with mods.

>Evil Campaign
So basically you and everyone in this game is still 16 and listens to Linkin Park?

>(Anything)punk
(Anything)punk fans are usually the ones who understand what makes their setting work the least. Worst fanbases in existence.

>I'm running this exactly like a standard D&D campaign, with all the typical assumptions. Mages are rare, commoners hate and fear all non-standard races, just like all my games set in Not!Greyhawk.
>even though we're playing FantasyCraft. Or Earthdawn. Or Eberron. Or some other fantasy game that explicitly starts from totally different assumptions.

>Show up to game
>Everyone is playing female characters

I don't even have anything against playing other genders, but when everyone in the fucking game is playing waifubait, that's usually when I start coming up with excuses not to show up and start looking for a new game.

>Half of them are Kitsunes
Yeah, done, fucking done. Fuck off weeaboos.

>Roll wizard
>Do wizard things
>Level up a bit
>Max out Stealth as much as you can
>Try not to kill yourself from the waifubait
>Create as many Belts of >Masculinity/Femininity as needed
>Convice idiots to let you keep watch at night.
>Strap belts to them
Job's a good'n

>Kicked out of the party for being a shit, retcon actions
Works so great.

Hate this shit. It seems like every game I have played in with my group.

Also hate that when I ran Eberron, they got pissy I started using mages and psionics against them. They seemed generally surprised that a floating castle they visited had closer to 30 magical users on it.

Not that they did not expect some magic users, but that there were 30 in the a spot and not spread all over the game universe and that was it.

Win/win

>Wasted your time and everyone's, now out of a game, and probably out of a group
Yeah, that's...sure a win, right.

>"human only, high intrigue"
I've done this, but only because it's set in not!Japan
>PF/3.5 Edition
>"Low/no magic campaign"
Contradiction in terms. Seriously, just use a non-D&D system if you really want no magic.

> not just giving them dicks
What are you gay?

I mean, if you're looking for a new group anyway, why not? If they can't take their waifus being transformed into men (until they just get a reverse curse spell), they're probably dumb anyway.

Because you're being That Guy, trying to ruin people's fun just because you don't like it.

You're being a jackass.

Generally, when I see someone wanting to run a game with low magic in 3.5, it is to use magic against players without letting them have something outside of legacy weapons and low grade armor.

It usually crashes and burns because they expect you to still be able to fight owl bears, hordes of undead and the occasional land drake without being even close to Wealth By Level and them not adjusting the monsters accordingly.

Last time I ever agreed to a game like this, we fought some undead creature at level 10, and ended up fighting it for like 45 minutes. The dm would describe how its bones were splintering back together, it shrugging off our attacks and the like after we tried everything we had.

Acid, fire, weapons we never used, weapons off the cave wall that we were in. We had a rogue search without fighting as we lured it off. We could not run because the entrance sealed and there was not other exit.

After we broke for the night, asked him what the the fuck. Said we should have easily been able to over come DR 10/magic and fast healing 10 because it was only a cr 8 monster and we had full kit from just getting there.

>you will level up based on scenaristic milestones
>campaign is railroad
i bid farewell

>So basically you and everyone in this game is still 16 and listens to Linkin Park?

Sometimes it can work...

I believe it too.
I've played Fiasco with people who write as a hobby.
It felt like never before.

I only run low magic 3.5 with epic 6, and it's usually just fewer magic items, not none. It works fairly well because I adjust things to make sure it stays somewhat balanced despite "lol3.5", But I agree the high intrigue is usually shitty. My pathfinder group wants to do intrigue adventures and I have plans but honestly I want a more interesting plot beyond scheming noble.

>So basically you and everyone in this game is still 16 and listens to Linkin Park?
Necessary Evil is fun.

>>Half of them are Kitsunes
>Yeah, done, fucking done. Fuck off weeaboos.

I'd totally play that game. And tell the GM I'm actually a kumiho and am secretly out to eat their livers.

>Sandbox campaigns
You forgot one of the worst scenarios:
C.) None of the players have any idea about what they want to do, and the GM didn't come prepared with any plot hooks because of A.) so everyone just languishes about for the session.

>Evil Campaign
Evil campaigns are awesome if you avoid the 16 and Linkin Park crowd (pic related).

>Cant just play ASOIAF RPG

I want to set your GM on fire.

>high intrigue
So you mean railroaded human interaction and "deception" that only makes sense to the GM?

Sounds fun mate.

>hating low magic settings
>wanting the world to be broken by stupid overmagic

>"deception" that only makes sense to the GM?
In my experience, if you even have the slightest idea that a player can't figure out when someone's trying to trick them, you basically have to feed them clues until they get it.

>So you mean railroaded human interaction and "deception" that only makes sense to the GM?

As a GM, I hate players who think they know everything, can do everything and are above everything. Sucks being GM, to be honest.

>always
>with his shit group and underage GM

So everyone plays a fighter, barbarian, or rogue. Sounds fun.

>BARDS

>no magic
So just play a fighter, barbarian, or a rogue that spent some time learning an instrument or two and likes to maybe sing or dance or knows lots of jokes.

>I ROLL TO SEDUCE

From what I understand "low magic" means people who play wizards and clerics have no limitations but are "rare" while fighters and whatnot get no magic items to help be slightly competitive against the enemy magic users that keep showing up.

Anyone can make a charisma check. Anyone.

My response was to the 'no' magic part.

That said Low magic doesn't have to mean that casters have no limitations. It would be that a caster is weak enough that a raging mob of commoners with torches and pitchforks would be able to overwhelm them. Spells would be expensive and difficult to cast. Arcane and divine knowledge would be heavily guarded.

Basically, in 5e terms, a caster of any kind would only have access to a quarter of the spells they normally do, spread out over their entire progression.

Magic items can and do exist, but they're one of a kind. Each party member should have one uncommon magic item at the most.

What the fuck kind of monster has damage resistance 10 AND fast healing 10 at CR 8? Either of those things alone is a bit much for CR 8. Was it a homebrew?

But user bad fun is wrong and these people deserve to be drawn and quartered!

>you start the campaign as a mercenary group hired to guard _____ for ______

This never fails to end with us all being apathetic murderhobos with no investment in the setting beside our own material gain. I'd like, just once, to start in a location our characters actually have some reason to be attached to.

Unlikely in my case, since my DM is an edgelord who would only start the party in their hometown so he could IMMEDIATELY burn it to the ground.

My house mate wants to run a campaign based on minecraft.
send help.

I made a mage with no spells for the sheer purpose of getting around the rare mages in a campaign.
She practices the truest magic. Stage magic.
it's pseudo bard

You're beyond help.

Pls give details

you posted the poster child for all edge as your avatar, including laughing at everyone in a condescending fashion.

You're a hillbilly, why the fuck you have night googles.