Degenesis

Where is his piss bottle?

I'm seriously considering buying a pdf for 40 fucking euros.

Can anyone tell me if the English translation is good or if by some chance you get access to both of them? I speak German but might end up playing with people that don't.

Other urls found in this thread:

ennie-awards.com/blog/2016-ennie-award-nominees-and-spotlight-winners/
youtube.com/watch?v=WTCARC91yyw
sixmorevodka.com/degenesis/forum/
dmulti.regulus.uberspace.de/enwiki/index.php?title=Fanwork
drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bE3C-eR4DHWTh6SXV1TDJiUUU/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a fine translation. The book has some weird organization issues, but that's not a translation problem.

I'd say get the full books. The great art is almost worth it in itself. If you're a pdf guy, though yeah it's great. the translation is fine and fully understandable. I doubt much was lost and what was can easily be assumed.

The organization is a little off and there's a few words that the translator really likes to over-use. You might find yourself scratching your head, wondering what he means when he says 'cusp' and 'gossamer' this time when those words were used to refer to something completely different less than two pages ago.

Half of the reason for buying it should be because it's gorgeous to look at.

This
>mfw when I want to play a game but no one on roll20 knows about it or is in german

I already gm a fucking game I don't want to GM two.

I too get the feeling that if I ever want to play a game of this, I'll be the one GMing.

Ya, I have the same feeling. I ran a group in Uni and it worked out great, everyone learned the rules really fast and loved the setting. But it is a tough game to Dm.
I would love to be a player and sometimes check the "Other Games" section in hopes of a game. Perhaps one day I will run one. It seems there would be enough people to get a good campaign going.

Both English games I've tried to get into on Roll20 have fallen apart before my first session. It's rough out there.

Apparently just got awarded a bunch of nominations at the ENnies and well deserved too.
ennie-awards.com/blog/2016-ennie-award-nominees-and-spotlight-winners/
Also Fragged Empire got nominated too which is pretty great as well.

So are ya all German because that would already make four of us.

Make up your own mind.

If you want to share, share like a normal person.

Finally the cyber punk future I always dreamt of is here.

What makes you think anyone would want to share anything with you.

>can't even access the Stream when offered direct cluster access.

Nah, Australian. I've bitched about it before and I'll bitch about it again: shipping those books here cost more than the books itself. It was worth it though.

>Not skin-tight/environmentally-sealed
That's one awful Spitalian.

I don't see the distinct style of Degenesis in that pic, must be another artist.

But there are no mistakes. Spitalians only wear masks outside of clean areas. And they are never perfect. They don't have hazmat suits, or the supply chain that would require. They use the same mask every day, they just wipe it down with some fungicide. A bit of exposed skin is no genre breaker.

See trailer 1 for reference
youtube.com/watch?v=WTCARC91yyw

Yeah it definitely doesn't look like one of Marko's.
I'm pretty sure the closest thing they have to full hazmats are the Hygienist suits which are considerably better than the standard suit if memory serves.

It does say they cover the exposed skin with chalk too.

If they have some.

They also inject antimycotica, use alcoholic after shave everywhere, and hold their breath if a dirty person walks by.

As if that last one actually does anything.

Well spore infection is partly airborne so it kinda helps

> But it is a tough game to Dm.
What do you mean?

Better save than sorry.

As a frequent public transportation I can identify with this.

Not that poster but here's the thing...

The rules are really straightforward and simple. They are tough and the game is very deadly. So learning the rules isn't so much about understanding the mechanics as they are really simple, but about understanding what a character can do in this world. Bullets are rare and expensive. Storming the front gets you killed for sure. Combat is generally the worst and most risky option. And that is in the mechanics. Players have to understand that. And if the GM doesn't then it's TPK all day erry day.

But that is just a realization, not what makes it tough. The tough thing is that the GM has to keep a lot of setting in mind. There's at least 12 sides to every story in Degenesis, and if one isn't careful it quickly degrades into a self contradicting spiral that eventually breaks the setting.

It isn't hard to come up with tension, curveballs, or twists. The setting is full of them and made to provide them at every corner. But that means the setting has to be read in detail, understood, put in context, and then used to spin out plot.

If a GM were to just say
>It's just classes so pick whatever, I have a nice vault dungeon prepared
then I wouldn't get my hopes up.

It sounds like Ryuutama:Apocalypse.

Hey, that guy's back looks almost as bad as mine does!

This.
There isn't much in balance in the game, which I for one liked, it made it more realistic. But trying to make combat that wasn't 100% lethal or a walk in the park was very hard. The books only have a handful of monsters so you have to make your own stats for NPCs. but what are the stats of just some average joe? No idea, had to wing it most of the time.

Canadian

People complain about the balance between the classes and I found it hard to have the whole party together and have consistent goals. How was I going to find a reason for a Judge and a Apypocloptic to work together? Or a Helevatic and a Scrapper? I just need to make a bad guy more evil then the hate between the party individuals.

If I were to do it again, I would really limit the playable classes to only one or two linked classes that have a combined goal. Like one of the hinted campaigns in the book. Something like joining a Spitalian Campaign to explore London or aboard the ship that plans to cross the Atlantic. Or fighting the Chernobog in Russia.

>I would really limit the playable classes
This is the only way. The game isn't like DnD where players can make PCs on spec.

The GM has to define region, culture, and reasonable cults to even begin chargen. To play as a party the characters have to fit together.

In most places there's 3 or 4 dominant cults as well as a few more which would be tolerated within reason. But those tolerated would be watched carefully. Chroniclers fit almost anywhere, Hellvetics almost nowhere. Scrappers are just a reality of life and everyone depends on them in a way. Other than that the setting is very polarized and a party of characters has to be generated together to be able to play beyond scheming and infighting.

So if I'm not mistaken, people can interact with pheromancers without the pheromancer attempting to enslave them every time?

I'm thinking of running an adventure of a few sessions that revolves around the players being an expedition with the purpose of getting towards London to investigate a possible weapons cache. To ensure safe passage, the PC's need to get rid of a group of resistance fighters for a pheromancer controlling an important chunk of the way. I'd probably offer the opportunity of helping the resistance instead and killing the pheromancer, after the first encounter.

There's a few obvious groups of cultures and cults that work reasonably well together.

For cultures:
>Europe West of the Reaper's Blow
>Europe East of the Reaper's Blow
>Africa

For cults:
>Spitalians, Chroniclers and Judges for a focus on the Protectorate.
>Chroniclers, Apocalyptics and Scrappers for a focus on exploration.
>Spitalians and Anabaptists for a focus on combating the Sepsis.
>Scourgers, Neolibyans and Anubians for a focus on Africa.
Clanners are a catch-all thing that can be adapted for any campaign, Hellvetics can hired as mercenaries for just causes and there's a few other possibilities. Issues begin with the more niche, ill-suiting cults like the Jehammedans and Palers that will rarely have a place and will cause a great deal of conflict even when they do.

Psychonauts still contain a slither of humanity that allows them to at least masquerade as people. If one sees the opportunity to profit from negotiating with true humans, they likely will. An example of this is Machiawen and the Solar Wind Flock of Apocalyptics. They have a business arrangement of sorts, where he allows them to propagate the Burn trade (something that benefits him in the first place) using the spore fields he rules over, in exchange for a variety of favors and services.

est

Germans don't know Eastern Standard Time as a phrase. You have to say you're 6 hours behind as you're probably not in EST but in EDT right now.

I assumed he meant to speak Latin because of the lack of capitalization.

Do people use the homebrew from the forum? If so, what are their experiences with it?

>people
>the homebrew
>the forum
Can you be less specific?

sixmorevodka.com/degenesis/forum/

It seems to require a login to view, which is something that they should really mention (and might be partially responsible for why the forum is so dead all the time).

Ah, the stuff I'm talking about can be found on the wiki too: dmulti.regulus.uberspace.de/enwiki/index.php?title=Fanwork

It doesn't have everything, though,

So seriously speaking would any of you would want to play this on roll20+discord or Irc? It looks like there is a good number of people here who would want to play but don't want to GM because they don't want to let the players down.

I may be interested, I would love to see how someone else runs the game. Pick up a few tricks.

Anyone got any good stories from campaigns they have ran in the past? Need to get some ideas.

What sort of things are you looking for, user?

War stories? Funnies? Ways to handle player shenanigans?

There's a pheromancer in Franka who uses an Apocalyptic Flock to do business outside of his territory. They're paid in Burn and are given preferential treatment by his slaves.

Anything really! Just want to hear what other people are up to in the game.

Well, so I have a group that has a mixture of real stupidity and one guy who plays in character even when it's detrimental. The level of idiocy in my Degenesis campaign rivals Generation Kill levels of "why did they do that?", but I'll give some of the lucid moments:

They were sent to Northern Borca to deal with a preservist in a game that was basically written to be Heart of Darkness with Spitalians, but things went off the rails.

They get there, and by the third day they're using chemical weapons against the Cockroaches and generally being horrible people, something which they eventually sort of catch on to.

They return and do some stuff, but the Spitalian in their party realizes that he had to ask the preservist about something, and walks into his chambers to interrupt him (and his Apocalyptic lover). Now, the preservist hasn't gone far enough to be a leperos, but he has a nice spore infestation chakra on his chest (because he's been going through burn more quickly than he can go through desporing drugs), which the party's Spitalian helpfully confronts him about. The preservist makes some veiled threats, and the Spitalian's player doesn't catch on, but eventually decides not to piss off his nominal boss.

They're sent to broker a deal with the Jehammedans, at which point things get really crazy.

The Jehammedans have been working with the preservist for a while, so they're sent out as respectable emissaries to gather some supplies (the outpost was constantly out of everything, including food).

However, they send the Spitalian with a note. A note that asks the Abrami to kill him in a discrete manner.

At dinner, they are given top honors, and a drugged loaf of bread. The party wakes up in the morning, with the Spitalian nowhere to be found.

Eventually, the Spitalian is found in a barn, with a small amount of blood on the ground. As the party goes to leave, the Jehammedans come back, looking for the guy who raped their head honcho's daughter.

Now, this was a frame job, and the players were like "dude, the Spitalian's not a rapist", which proves how little attention they were paying.

Because I'm merciful, I let the matter be settled in a duel of honor between the Anabaptist and the Abrami's favorite son.

Due to dice shenanigans, said Jehammedan gets *four* actions in a turn, and proceeds to turn the Anabaptist into chopped liver. The Chronicler makes himself useful by turning his vocoder against someone other than his allies (for once), and the surviving party escapes in the chaos that results.

They slip back to the outpost and the preservist's lover (who they'd worked with before, though I left it out) basically warned them away from returning. They stay out of his sight for the evening, then head south to Justitian to be debriefed.

They stopped outside a cave that they'd passed on the way north, and met a fellow traveler (the daughter of the preservist who was the Kurtz analogue, who had just flunked out of the Spital).

On the way north, they'd spotted a bunker in that cave. They peeked in to investigate, but found that there was a severe lack of actual ways to open the door and left. This time, the door was open, and the inhabitants of the bunker (read tons of Palers) had been mass murdered by a Marauder.

Being somewhat insane, he was willing to tolerate fellow surface dwellers so long as they didn't take anything or go too deep.

The party proceeded to go too deep, which resulted in everyone but the Chronicler running in terror and making it out in time. The Chronicler was murdered with a frikkin' laser (well, a Soul Burner), and his player rolled up a Paler.

They camped out at the mouth of the cave, keeping a very good watch that evening, then parted ways with the preservist's daughter, who was in tears because the Spitalian had basically told her that her father was a leperos and all that.

On the way back to Justitian, they were ambushed by gendos. This is not really interesting, except to point out that the Paler who had been rolled up by the Chronicler's player had a sum of *four* Flesh Wounds and Trauma points, and was killed in a single hit, leading him to roll up a Scrapper.

Anyhow, the Spitalian grabbed the dead Paler's SMG, and they returned to Justitian, where they were given a mission to go south and retrieve something from a stash.

I should go into party composition: at this point, we had a Neolibyan (still alive to this day), an Apocalyptic pretending to be a judge (played by the Anabaptist's player, who now runs the game), another Apocalyptic (who joined us at that point), the Spitalian (the other original party survivor) and the Scrapper (played by the guy who somehow had the highest character turnover).

So far the only unintentional death was the gendo one; the Anabaptist was a "acceptable loss", and the player knew that losing thefight was the likely outcome, while the Chronicler's player told me that he'd stay even if it killed him (go figure).

So they head south, taking their dear sweet time, getting lost, and getting a cryptic message from a leperos while surrounded by a horde of insects forming a Franka chakra (this never got worked back into the campaign).

They head further south and west, coming to a waystation. They manage to flub up their nominally secret mission so bad that a guy goes over to take pity on them and tell them where they're supposed to go, handing them a bunch of Chronicler-issue maps leading to the stash.

They go to the stash, only to find the Bygone factory complex where the stash is hidden to be overrun with Enemoi (they didn't know them as such at the time).

My players have a tendency to retcon things when they can get away with it, and I drank perhaps a few too many Mountain Dews, so the following events are a little foggy, but the Enemoi weren't after the same stash they were after, so they were able to retrieve it without issue, but the Enemoi suspected them of being spies.

The Enemoi snatched the stuff the party had come for, because, y'know, suspected of being spies and having potential Bygone material (or a primer sample, which was what I was going to have be canon for the stuff in the stash for a while before the plot led elsewhere).

The Enemoi and the party part ways: the Apocalyptic who wasn't impersonating anyone had gotten shot for being a derp, and left the party to be replaced with a Hellvetic at a later date (the player was absent for the next session anyway).

This was followed by a coincidental (read forced) encounter with the preservist's daughter, who had come down south to look for her mother's people (the Enemoi, because I have the subtle plot writing skills of road paving machines), bearing a black eye and a bad attitude from her meeting with her father.

Long story short, they help her, recover the sample, deliver it to Justitian, in a stunning moment of lucidity decide not to blather on about the fact that it had at one point been taken from their custody by a band of people that have a hate-hate relationship with the Chroniclers, and went on to In Thy Blood.

At this point, it's all on the rails (I skipped the first few days of ITB because they had to travel to Purgare, but it's a linear adventure), and you can read the ITB stuff yourself if you want to find out what happened (nobody died, amazingly, despite some really rough spots). At this point, I handed over GM'ing to one of the players (the Anabaptist/Apocalyptic-Judge player) and made a Shabath on a dare ("I want you to play a happy-go-lucky girl"), who had a brief adventure with the Neolibyan as we returned from his sojourn to Africa for a promotion (where he proceeded to prove that good social skills are meaningless without common sense), and who has as of the last session returned to Africa with the Great Raider who sent us to investigate the oil mills of Lucatore, since the Shabath scientist/face is unwilling to deal with party issues.

For anyone curious, here is the full list of crap that the party has chucked at the fan, with ITB ending stuff spoilered:

1. The Chronicler apparently had his draft printer repossessed by the Neolibyan prior to his death/after his death/in a weird quantum state of existence. The self-destruct mechanic did not work, but the Chroniclers know the Neolibyan has it and has been looking into how to get it to work.
2. The preservist at the northern fortress is a former Commando Prime member who fell on his sword to preserve Kranzler's reputation. He wields only marginal influence due to distance, but has blacklisted the Spitalian, who otherwise performed admirably.
3. The Chronicler operative in Lucatore was spared on promises of keeping the preservist from using his influence (allowing our Spitalian to get promoted) and putting in a good word with the Chroniclers. Neither of these things is likely to happen.
4. The Great Raider knows about the Disk of Jehammed, which the Neolibyan gave to the Shabath chick. The Shabath chick who is trading it to the Raider in return for a nice retirement in Africa with a couple of muscular Hybrispanian manservants and indoor plumbing.
5. The party gave a mistaken account of what was going on at Lucatore, in the only manner that somehow makes the Anabaptists look worse than the truth would. Every Anabaptist in Purgare now burns us in effigy on holidays.
6. I'm not certain about it, but I think the Great Raider might sell us out to the Jehammedans and claim that we still have the Disk of Jehammed to get them off his back. I'm pitching this idea to the GM, because I like consequences for actions.

ur a good man

Great stuff, thanks for posting! I may post some of mine when I get back from work.

Any online sessions? Polish gmt+1 guy here

The art is fantastic.

That's, that's all I got to say I don't know anything else about it.

See

I had two experiences with this game - one, I ended up fucking up colossally and destroying all of the party's effort, and GM's too, because the hub and characters he had built all died or became hostile against us, and in the other I ended up becoming Paler Sam Fisher and taking out every object in our way. It's fun in its own way. Still a shame about that game though.

I feel like the "screw everything up and everyone dies" is a core part of the Degenesis ethos. No party is complete without one.

C'mon, man, don't leave me hanging. I want to hear from anyone else who's actually played Degenesis.

Sorry man! Hope its not too late.

I put up a post and I got a group at my Uni. Some randos and a few friends. They quickly read the rules and even the lore and knew it better then me!

There were two judges, one out for revenge the other out to prove himself. One Apycoliptic that was neither male nor female and was a master of disguise, and was posing as a clanner from the local town. (Thought it was going to be mega feminist but she would constantly change from male to female disguises to help party and was super chill). A Spitalian that hates the spores (real original). A Chronicler that wants to rediscover all lost music from the Bygone years. A Scrapper that was a leatherly old veteran of the fields looking for more scrap. And a Hellavitic that was min maxed to hell and back. Each session was a mix of these peoples and it worked out for the most part.
One of the judges would later die and the player would take up an Anabaptist that was a practical joker.
Sadly we only got in like 6 sessions before schooling got too busy for everyone and we didnt get to finish the arc, but we had some good adventures.

It's never too late until the thread gets archived.

I have yet to see anyone actually try disguise in Degenesis; my fellow players aren't cunning enough to really try it, and I've not yet made a character with a ghost of a chance of pulling it off.

I started the story in a small outpost in west Borca, a few days walk from Reaper's blow and just south of a major desert that had many good scrap fields in. Each of the character is working under someone higher in their field so they can access to promotions and stuff. There they are low ranking beginners just doing grunt work for their Cult.
First they pick a bounty (to learn the combat rules, etc.)
They then learn about a missing scrapper party to the north, and each Cult has a vested interest on their return. I.e Chronicler device was their goal, they owed money to the Apyc. Etc.
They head north through the desert and find the building, a skyscraper sticking out of the sand where someone has set up lights and has dug out the elevator shaft that leads into darkness below.
The scrapper and the Chronicler work together and to start up the elevator and they head down into the darkness.
Eventually the elevator stops and lets them out in a underground mall where they are immediately attacked by cockroaches (Clanner faction)
They are frenzied by the sight of their sworn enemies, the judges and it was a tough fight.
They find a few of the surviving party barely alive as prisoners to the Cockroaches, However the Spitalian notices both the cockroaches and the scrappers are heavily infectd with Sepsis and they notice that the air becomes heavier and polen filled the deeper they go in.

Ya, there is a Cuckoo class that specializes in it, she was one of my favorite players. That and one of the judges, great roleplayers.

Okay. The Chronicler gets the artifact from a safe in a Apple store but does not know what it is. Then the Spitalian, without hesitation kills the infected survivors and burns all the bodies. After some minor dungeoning and exploring they head back for drafts and promotions all around for the successful trip.

The local town it lead by the counsel as it is mostly just a Makeshift scarper town made up of old, rusted corrugated metal. The aged judge with an injured knee that keeps the law, a washed up Spitalian focused on his studies, a Madame of the local Brothel (Apocyliptic) and the local Chronicler that issues drafts for scarp (A ditzy blonde that spends all night sending messages to other chronicler friends).

The council decide to send the party to find out why there is a recent influx in sepsis in the town and is it related to what they found in the fields to the north. That party begins to search and soon finds that there has a been a big influx in Burn in the town, a very bad strain, I can't recall the name. However it is not the Apycoliptics that are brining it in. After some aggressively failed drugs deals that party finds that some outsiders are brining it in from the outside and are operating out of a warehouse. However by this point they party is attacked in an alley by a group heavily infected homeless/Scrappers that are so deep they are already connected to the hive mind via spore, I cant recall the names of these guys, its in the books.

They eventually make it to the warehouse and find it swarming with low lifes looking for the next fix. The master of disguise goes in, pretending to be the crowd and makes it past the guards. That is when she sees the head honchos, a group of bald men, shirtless, covered in all sorts of scars and burns. They are recognized immediately as Flayers. (Think that was the name) A cult kinda based off the anabaptists that believe in pain and punishment.

There is where things get interesting. Seeing the new client, the flayers preach to her that taking this Burn, Discordia, will bring her closer to God and thus give an unbelievable high. These men are obviously infected, but not far gone yet. While this is happening the party it getting ready to breach. The scrapper sets up on the roof with his twin barrel musket loaded sniper rifle and is watching for a signal to go in. She takes the drugs from the dealer and "Pretends" to inhale it. She crit fails it, roll 5 1's, and takes a big breath of the drugs in front of her. If you haven't read the book, when you take Discordia you roll to determine the effects, it really hurts your stats unless you roll a exact number, then it temporally maxs all stats (Something to that effect). So she rolls for effect since she accidently inhaled it and roles for max!

Then she goes crazy, loses control and starts attacking the bosses. She manages to kill two in 1 turn with her blade wrist and then the rest of the part comes in. Henchmen unload on the party scoring some lucky hits, most of the clients scatter except the many unconsious on the floor. As the fight starts going against the dealers they call for help and the unconsious bodies on the floor, aided by the sepsis hive mind rise to fight. But in the shadows, lurking was a sport beast. It was a long fight and they manage to injure it before it escapes into the night.

(They kidnapped a drug dealer and tried to torutre the information out of him, but Flayers are kinda into that stuff so it didn't work.)

They eventually track down the beast and kill it, and when they return the doctor takes them aside to show them something. In a jar he has a mix of Spidersand and Scorpians. When he pours them into the ground they began walking in set patterns. A clear sign of a Biokinetic spore field. It is then they notice white flakes falling from the sky, spores are falling all around them. It is this moment the spore field begins to emerge just a few days north of where they were. It was lying dorment in the underground mall systems all this time and the party unknowingly released it onto the world.

Things go back to normal for the town, but in the distance the spore field is slowly growing, but the people don't want to leave. It is not unheard of for a spore field to be stopped, especially when its so new.

By this point the party has had a few run ins with the Scrapper Cartel that has a strangle hold over the norther scrap fields. He is cut throat and ruthless and has a made desire to get our scrapper on his pay role, but he has so far declined. Tensions are rising between scrapper factions.

The party has gone back to work for a few weeks and are enjoying some cheap moonshine at the local bar when the generators go out. That is when they hear the screams. The city is under attack and has they leave the bar they are attacked by a duo of spore beasts. The party decides to check up on the doctor on the other side of town to ensure that he is okay and can help with the injured civilains. They make their way through town staying of major roads and avoiding some Sepsis like zombies that are roaming the streets attacking any non infected. They make it to the docter and witness him kill a spore beast mid operation with his operating tools and return to work. Satisfied he can defend himself they make their way to the Chronicler that runs the generator for the town. They find her in her chronicler node that is, luckly, cage in to prevent thefts. She is using her shock gloves to keep a swarm of infect away from the cage. The party helps her and restarts power. They then learn that the Cartel is in town and not lending any help to the defense and are instead holed up in the building waiting out the attack. The party goes to them and fails so many speech checks the only way to get them to help is that the cartel gets a seat on the council, one night with the madame, and the scrapper has to join them. They agree and the Cartel sends in their heavy hitters with the grinder shotguns and scarp armour. The last destination was the whore house that was under attack

They make it there traveling along the roofs and see the apocyliptics defending the building from boarded up windows with old muskets and the madame wielding a Tarrot Reader Rifle. They see that the alleys below are swarming with Spore beasts and the judge decides to swing down with a rope into an open window on the first floor. He crit fails hard, once to swing and another to even break through the window. He ends up splatting on the side of the building and falling prone on the street. Even with everyone up top helping, they were unable to keep the beasts off of him and one gets to him and rips out his throat. Eventually they finish off the last of the beasts and day breaks and the attacks stop.

Throughout the night the party would occasionally see and hear a large beast moving through the alley ways, although they avoided and never got a clear sight of it, which was for the best because it was a juevinile Biokinetic and would have really destroyed them. Oh and infected Roaches were part of the attack, its all coming together!

In the morning the council meets to decide on what to do. There is much arguing and no conclusion on what to do is met. Obviously the town needs protection, but from who?
The Spitalian says that he is able to bring in a smaller research team to study the field and keep it somewhat contained, but they cannot spare a full strike team, They are also disliked by the locals by their ruthless slaughter of infected (Our spitalians fault). The judge claims that he can call in some favours and get a whole fist of judges to come to town, but the town would then be under judge rule. The chronicler has talked with a Hllevatic outpost to the south and they would lend support, but they had some extreme demands and would enact a conscription. The apoclyiptic Madama has a cousin who is a mercenary and can bring in a company if they agree to pay the hefty sum. The Cartel can takeover protection but then would get all the salvage rights to all the fields in the area. Or they can try to unite all the people under a common cause without outside help.

The group decides to invite the Judges into town for the protection they could offer. Even the apocyliptic was in favour for this (Big mistake)

The judges come a week later and immediately apply marshal law in the town. The whore house and the madame are rooted out and their house ransacked and destroyed. Luckily no contraband was found and they were exiled from town. The new judge is a huge strong lady known as The Bitch. The party then spends a couple sessions getting the local towns around the area to also accept judge rule to strengthen the position. They go to Reapers Blow where there is a mining town that mines sulfur for bullets, selling mostly to the hellatvics. That town was secretly being ruled by a flayer sect. The next town over which were mainly low tech hearders had a problem with a serial killer on the loose which the party helped with.
Each town accepted the Judge rule and knucle of judges was sent there to lay down the law. There were some fun side quests during this time. The players could invest drafts for information of big hauls in the scarp fields. A few guns here and there. But then there was a ghost ship that was terrorizing the dunes. The scrappers feared it and none have seen it and lived. In reality it was a old navy battleship that was buried in the sands, but when the wind was just right it would be uncovered and the automated defenses would make short work of anyone foolish to get close.
It is around this time the group fell apart. Just got too busy with finals and I plan to get back together. The spore field was growing and they just got the forces together to start a war!

Thing is, only I died - I just killed all the party's efforts and the GM's worldbuilding alongside it.

Matadore? Really?

8/10, try harder next time.

Hey, the Matadores are badasses. And I'm not even the guy who posted.

Matadors don't kill humans though, IIRC. How would one work as a PC?

Matadores can and do kill humans, they just don't make a big deal about it. They're not any more pacifistic than anyone else, and they're implied to have assassins.

A large homebrew thing on the forum turns them into a full Cult-style playable Clan instead of just using the Clanner trees, complete with potentials.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bE3C-eR4DHWTh6SXV1TDJiUUU/view

That looks surprisingly official for a homebrew. I was expecting a compilation of notes more than anything. Thanks for the link.

Shame it's dead, but it's really quite nice.

What, really?

What made you even think it was a picture of a PC? Also if you read their description it says they are spies and cutthroats(!) who act under the cover of bringing their bull fighting entertainment to get into places and they do their dirty business while everyone is distracted. They simply don't fight humans as part of the show.

So after I whine, it turns out it was updated today with some new stuff. It's almost 100 pages long, though some of it's placeholder.