games-workshop.com/en-GB/Savage-Orruk-Shaman-Warboar
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Savage-Orruk-Shaman
mengelminiatures.com/2016/07/review-sylvaneth-battletome.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Ushoran the Handsome.

Archaon.
Archaon!
ARCHAON!

Sigmar mini when? I wanna throw down with Nagash and Alarielle.

And here is Shiggymar's present

Sorry i couldn't wrap it in time

Oh, you mean the ten pages scattered throughout the entire book? Again, click all the units in the webstore, scroll down to the flavor texts and you'd have more lore than GA:Order comes with.

To quote 1d4chan, the Sigmar mini will come out whenever Forgeworld decides to give a model and rules to that Turkish bastard called the Emperor.

So is this setting good yet?

This is my favourite pic of Alarielle, I love how angelic she looks

The Emperor doesn't have a beard.

No and to you it never will be, now shoo, the KoW thread is dying without you.

definitely not my fav pic of her. The beetle has a gob full of fangs. Beetles aren't supposed to have teeth.

She looks really different from her old self.
I wonder what Morathi will look like.

OK thanks. I'll check in next year to see if things turn around. Best of luck with all this.

If nothing else, there'll be some great Keeper of Secrets conversions with this fucker.

>there'll be some great Keeper of Secrets conversions with this fucker.

I doubt it, there's nothing Keeper about it.

And elves aren't supposed to exist.

It's got tits.

The Grand Alliance Order book actually had a fair amount of fluff in it. Hell, buying it convinced me to go with a focus on Lion Rangers because I loved their lore, even if it was only about two pages.

Stop being an asshole for no reason.

No nipples mean no tits.

That's what the greenstuff is for.

I'm not. I adore the GA books, I own all of them and I constantly flip through them. I simply get sick and tired of people demanding pdfs of great value books when most of their gameplay-relevant content is already free on the GW site. Yes, Order had a bit more fluff than the others, but that still amounts to less than twenty pages.

and beetles aren't supposed to be as big as a tank, so whats your point?

Why would someone ever use a Branchwych instead of an Ancient Treelord as your General?

Unless it has some decent command benfits

>beese coming out of the honeycomb

age of sigmar models are brutally cool regardless of whatever people might have problems with the game

You are. I was asking if there's a watermark not demanding a pdf, because if I'll buy one I'll share it. No issue with getting a physical version for me.

She's got quite a nice damage dealing spell if the enemy bunches up. Could help in a brawl.

She's cheaper in both cash and points, her spell is less situational and she can be hidden comfortably in terrain and/or units due to her size.

10 phoenix guard cost 200 points.
Just to clarify, if I take 20 phoenix guards its 400 points or still 200? The wording is confusing

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that part. Sorry if I came off an antagonistic.

I am loathe to admit this Veeky Forums but I do not know how to find the formations for Warriors of Chaos.

Can someone please educate me with the rules for Godsworn Champions of Ruin, or provide a link for the book containing their formations?

I don't see how the wording is confusing considering they even give you an example.

Think *really* hard about what you just wrote. And if that isn't enough, consider what would be the fairer, more logical thing.

Alright then. Neither the online warscrolls nor the GA books have any watermarks on them.

Because I get three Branchwyches for the cost of 1 Ancient, points as well as money-wise. And if I do that, I get three times the magic potential the Ancient has. Or I could take a Branchwych and then still have the points left for a Kurnoth Hunter bodyguard for her.

>Multiply the cost of the unit by the same amount as you multiplied its minimum size
>For example, a unit has a minimum size of 5 models, a maximum unit size of 20 models and a points value of 100 points. It can be taken as a unit of 5, 10, 15 or 20 models, for a cost of 100, 200, 300 or 400 points.
Seems pretty clear to me desu.

So someone in the last thread mentioned Bonespliterz are coming up soon, anyone got a breakdown of the rumors?
are they just getting a new battletome or are there new models as well? ETA?

It's mainly because on their points page, (pic related,) there's a couple of new unit names. I'm not familiar enough with their range though to guess whether these can be stretched out of current kits like the flesh-eaters or if they're likely to get new models.

No new models it seems, just a battletome with repackaged miniatures like the Flesh-Eater Courts. Someone said 9. July but no idea how trustworthy that is. Has to be relatively soon though since all the new stuff has point costs in the Generals Handbook.

They will most definitely be getting new models as well as a Battletome. We have no rumors though. We only know this because said new stuff already has points in the General's Handbook and some of the new unit entries there are most definitely not just arm swaps like the Crypt Flayers.

has carnac already uploaded the artworks of the battletome? I thought it still wasn't out; if there're more in this quality I'd be curious to see them.

They will most likely NOT get new models. Savage Orruks, Savage Big Stabbas and Savage Orruk Arrowboys can all be made out of the current Savage Orruks. Savage Baorboy Maniaks are likely going to be the Savage Boarboys dual wielding choppers, just getting different rules from the ones with spears n shields.
Wardokk will likely be this guy :
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Savage-Orruk-Shaman-Warboar
Maniak Weirdnob this guy:
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Savage-Orruk-Shaman
Wurrgog Prophet will be a Generic Wurrzog.
Only thing I'm not sure about are the Morboys. But I highly doubt we'll get a single new unit.

is the legion of Azgorh interesting to play? I'm curious if FW has gotten around to rebranding their fluff to AoS yet.

Chaos dorfs themselves are currently incredibly shitty; big guns and monstrous shit like bull centaurs are alright.

I'm still toying with mine. Currently, I have plans for a Lion Ranger/Wanderer force led by an Archmage and a Waystrider, but no story behind either. I was thinking about maybe having two female army leaders to represent the Sisters of Twlight being reincarnated, but I'm not entirely certain how to represent them; considering one being a Wayfinder and the other being a Waystrider, or maybe even just keeping the combo I have now and justify it as, "Same characters, new lives," or something. Problem is figuring out a good female stand-in for the Waystrider or Wayfinder, since I already have a Handmaiden of the Everqueen as my Archmage proxy.

I'm still not 100% sure on my army's fluff just yet, but I do know I want them to have their home on the floating shard of a world like Outland from Warcraft that has drifted through multiple realms during its time of existence, and they also use it as a nexus to perform guerilla strikes against the forces that oppose Order, as well as answering calls of aid.

I do know that the two other Order players (apparently we're in the minority of grand alliances at the moment at our store, which surprised me) and I are going to collaborate a storyline of our alliance during the Summer campaign, however. What we have so far is that my faction has been on a quest to both return to the good graces of Alarielle and to find Teclis, and as their shard drifted into the Realm of Shadows, they encountered a faction of the Daughters of Khaine, who are also on a mission to find Malerion. So, with somewhat mutual goals (being that Teclis and Malerion are apparently bros, now), our armies are working together. Not sure about the other guy yet, but I believe he's Stormcast, so pretty easy to work with.

damn that sucks, I love the minis

I could see her for slaanesh or nurgle actually.
Slaanesh's realm had a forest made of twisted flesh and writhing bodies. It wouldn't be hard to make it as such if you went heavy on the flesh, pinks and purples.

How about dispossessed dorfs

It's weird, but I don't believe Sigmar will get a model; at least not anytime soon. The reason why Alarielle is getting a model, I think, is because she's more like a demigod of Order, since she's the Goddess of Life. I'm sure Teclis and Malerion will get models too, at some point, since they're the Gods of Light and Shadows respectively (and maybe Grimnir, too, if he's reassembled, which I'm sure he will be at some point), but possibly still below Sigmar, who's the God of Order as a whole.

The reason why it's weird is that Nagash has a model, and he's the tip-top of the Grand Alliance of Death.

This is just me spitballing, though. Personally, if I'm right, I'm not a fan of the non-human deities being "below" Sigmar, but I dunno. I don't even think this post makes much sense, now that I realize it. It's an amalgamation of jumbled-together thoughts.

Wasn't Tyrion the god of Light and Teclis is his guide dog since he's blind now? Or am I confusing the two?

As proxies for the Dawi Zharr? Sure, that's what most people are doing. Dispossessed are pretty strong with *very* powerful choices that make excellent count-as units for chaos dorfs.
Ironbreakers are very hard to shift and can armor up like nobodies business while actually having a non-insignificant punch. They make good Ironsworn.
Irondrakes are the premier shooting unit. Pretty much all other ranged units are compared to them, and 90% of them are just worse. They will be your Fireglaives.
The hero selection is great, too.

Seraphon players

How are you adapting to the multiple nerfs in Pitched Battles?

I'm not 100% sure. The guy I was talking to said Tyrion was dead and Teclis is the God of Light, but I could be wrong.

By still being bullshit overpowered, stop whining.

Sigmar won't get a model because he no longer fights. He abandoned his aspect of the Warrior King, and embraced the aspect of the God King. He passed the hammer to Celestant Prime to fight and inspire in his stead.

Yes.

By whining a whole lot.
So, business as usual over here.

It's just a shame that between Nagash, Archaon and Alarielle (and god-knows-who still waiting in the wings), our big, named posterboy is basically a glorified cannon, when the solution is that close.

Reposting from last thread:
Alright, here's my list, put into points form
2 Battlemage: 200 points
1 Freeguild Genera Mounted: 100 points
1 Gunmaster: 80 Points

10 Free Guild Guard: 80 points
10 Handgunners: 100 points
1 Cannon: 180 points
5 Decimators: 200 points
Gryph Hound: 40 points

Here's my 980 point army, which I can add a Celestial Hurricanum and some more Freeguild to make it 1500 easily. Any suggestions?

>Sigmar, who's the God of Order as a whole.

Sigmar is a god of the heavens.

So is the Empire General on Gryphon model going to be phased out of the game? I wanna know if I need to buy one now.

No.

I'll take a punt and say no, if they were going to do it they would have done it in the massive cull of models

He was formerly the leader of the Order Pantheon before it broke apart.

Leader role, yes. Still a thunder god in this setting.

Okay cool.

... I think I'll still buy it anyway. I want some mortals to fight along side my Eternals.

You need more handgunners if you want them to do anything. Consider dropping a battlemage or the guard to add another 10 handgunners.
Also, assuming the FG General will be your, well, general, you need something to protect him, as the mounted variant is to tall to hide comfortably. Either take him on foot or get some tall screening models such as Demigryph Knights or Dracothian Guard.

mengelminiatures.com/2016/07/review-sylvaneth-battletome.html

Another review for the Sylvaneth Battletome, tells a bit more about the fluff of the army and shows pretty decisively that yes, named Heroes CAN pick a spell from the Deepwood lore.

>yes, named Heroes CAN pick a spell from the Deepwood lore.
Expected, but nice to get confirmed. Alarielle the Everregenerating confirmed.

Hey, any ideas for my list - is there any easy way to add a Bloodstoker or is it even worth it?

Leaders
Lord on Daemonic Mount (140)
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Herald of Tzeentch (120)

Battleline
Gors (80)
Pink Horrors (140)
Pink Horrors (140)

Rando
3x Gorebeast Chariot of Khorne(300)
2x Burning Chariot (320)

Tell me about your army leader.

Also what kind of tips would you guys suggest for writing an interesting and at least somewhat important beastman hero?

I'd say toss the Herald of Tzeentch. The Bloodstoker is absolutely amazing with the Gorebeast Chariots, so I'd say he's worth it. You still have the Horrors for tossing the Arcane Bolt on the unit you cast Miasma of Pestilence on, so the Herald is not absolutely necessary. And then, as you have a couple points to spare, you could exchange the Gors for Daemonettes.

And don't forget Drycha the burst-damage dealer that doesn't fucking die.

Would you?

Not really worth it. He only affects Khorne and he's slower than most of your list. He's a rather baffling choice to add to a otherwise fairly speedy force, I must say.

The idea is that he gives the Gorebeast Chariots +3 to charge rolls. Gorebeasts make double attacks if their charge rolls are 8+. Combine that with +1 To Hit from the Mounted Lord and reroll 1s To Wound from the Stoker and the Gorebeasts become the most dangerous part of the army.

Fuck no. I don't want her wood penetrating my wood when my wood penetrates hers. Splinters are a real bitch.

Big Stabbas better be a new sculpt/unit rather than a separate unit made out of the savage orc kit's big stabba duo.

>Would you
....dig splinters out of your dick for a week afterwards? Yes.
Let me bring a pair of pruning shears and maybe a belt sander and we can talk.

I'm sure her bark is worse than her bite.

Well, I'd say for an interesting Beastman Hero the main thing to remember is to NOT make him the sideshow to a Chaos Lord.
Like,
>yeah, he lead the Brayherd that fought under Torglug the Despised.
If you do that, you admit Brayherd are nothing but flunkies for the "real" Chaos guys.
You could make a Beastlord who kills all the non-Beastmen he can find, even WoC, but this risks making him sound like a Malal-worshipper. Maybe make him into a PROUD Beastlord who won't bow to no Chaos Lord.

Why the Gors? Can beastmen take god specific keywords now??

Took me while to recognize what she was killing.

She is killing Seras. Stupid, outcast, they are your allies!

Maybe one that bested a scheming sorcerer with plans within plans ... by simply doing something so simple he didn't count on him being so dumb. Abd then head butted him into submission.

Drags him around in chains now and uses him to spy on or kill the Bray shamans opposed to his rule?

Gorebeast Chariots, not Gors. The chariots in the Warriors of Chaos range pulled by the terrifying purple ape-like things.

So since I doubt there's local AoS action where I live, what army would ya'll recommend starting with to make some painting/collecting gains?

This picture pisses me off. I keep defending AoS artwork, but this looks literally half-finished. I really hope this isn't in the book but is a WIP for something in the book.

Hnnnngh! It makes my wood thick just looking at it.

Sounds unique and is a great opportunity for conversion. I dig it.

I love her powerful thighs.

I meant this part

>Battleline
>Gors (80)

Man, it sucks when you lose one model, because it's a pain in the ass to replace it. You either have to buy a whole new kit (hell no), hope to find someone else willing to sell/give one away, or kitbash.

Specifically, I lost the leader of my Wildwood Rangers team months ago, the leader in particular, and can't figure out what to do now that I plan on going back to my Wanderers. Since it was the leader, I figure kitbashing something would be fine since they tend to stand-out visually anyway, and I do have some unused bits from when I made a squad of Eternal Guard, but I can't find a good model to use as a base.

Any suggestions?

Ah, No, they cannot. You can still paint them as if they were, but they can never be affected by god-specific abilities.
Which sucks when you play Nurgle, as your Gors can croak from your own Nurgle's Rot.

It's not exclusive to AoS; 40k has the same problem. That quality of art is all over a lot of the 7th edition codexes, especially Craftworld Eldar and Tau Empire.

If they had Slaanesh or Khorne they would be terrifying.

Why does GW hate us so?

Like I get theyre different artists but holy shit its so inconsistent

Do LotR models mesh well with Sigmar models? Specifically LotR elf models compared to the Wanderer line.

I'm looking to proxy the Wayfinder or Waywatcher models with the Tauriel and/or Mirkwood Ranger Captain models.

Lotr is 25mm true scale, AoS is 30+ mm heroic scale. Not sure it'd work.

The LOTR models has a much more modest scale. That makes all Warhammer models look over the top when put next to them.

Do people even play Eldar?

I've wanted to start a Beastmen army for a long time. I'm hoping they get a decent battletome that really gives them some good options and raises them up from just being jobbers and cannon fodder.

What happened to the old Khornegor/pestigor guys? i still have a 10 man squad of pestigors lying around.

Hmm, well, that's a shame Thanks for telling me.

So, do battalions always have extra rules?

They're not in the game as of yet. I mean, the Silver Tower boxed set included a bunch of Tzaangors in it, but we don't have rules for any of the other god-specific beastmen yet.

I hope that we get some rules for them, honestly. It would be fun to see the kits released for them, and it would fit how the current setting operates.