"I play Chaos...

"I play Chaos, guardsmen are weak and inferior with since they're basically fodder and could never match the powers of the warp!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Pq-6aj9sNvo?t=1m50s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Show me on this mini where Chaps player turned you to heresy.

That's okay; I play necrons.
because i really liked Terminator/ Crazy Robot Egyptians in Space.

also what kind of Chaos? Chaos Daemons, Chaos space Marines? you know that there are Chaos Cultist and Chaos Guardsmen who are the same. as their non corrupt brothers.

You know, back in middle school almost every guy I knew who was into Chaos was like this.

>Powers of the warp
>The Gods of Chaos are collectively the following:-
>A Schizophrenic parrot
>A fatass who would actually corrode if you even showed him clean water
>A guro fetishist with anger issues
>A Thai ladyboy who's really into S&M
>And a literal fucking retcon who will never ever be referenced ever again in canon

>All of which are having trouble with a lot of guys with laser pointers

Gee why wouldn't you ever want to worship such a stellar cast of characters?

"Where they marked you" would probably be better

But how none of these men have ever singlehandedly slain a greater daemon without support. Only the space elves, augmented fragments of long dead ubermensch, the clergy and other chaos daemons have brought one to heel.

But never a guardsman

youtu.be/Pq-6aj9sNvo?t=1m50s

Hold up, I have a question for you warhammer fags.

Does anyone use SMGs in the series? Because I fucking love SMGs, so which ever faction uses SMGs are the best.

Well, that's true though.

> Normal men
> Fighting beasts, space elves, monstrous creatures from beyond the galaxy
> Normal men holding the line
Why would you play anything but Guardsmen

A modern SMG is small fucking potatoes in the 40k setting.

Standard issue infantry weapon is a laser rifle. Which while comparatively weak when used against the nasties in this galaxy far outclass any modern small arms.

There are some Imperium forces which use SMG-like weapons, but they're not really anything like what we have today.

Well yes, a modern SMG. But I mean something equivalent in function, not just what we have now. Like a smaller, more compact version of whatever futuristic standard they have, with higher rate of fire and made specifically for high tactical close encounters, where rapid fire response is more important than accuracy.

That guy was quite a baddass.

I play lizar- Seraphon because I'm gay and my bf plays skaven

Because being that beast is awesome.

Your best bet is probably Elysian Drop Troops, who carry bullpup lasguns as they're, well, drop troops. There's also plenty of third-party sources for minis that sell SMG bits, all of which could work as Imperial Guard.

But most troops carry ye standard M36 lasgun.

SMGs are generally made for spec ops usage

Spec Ops in 40K tend to use flamethrowers or guns which fire tiny missiles.

The closest thing would be a stom bolter (if they're still a thing in canon) which is basically 2 bolters strapped together and made to fire very fast(and Jam very fast).

The Tau Pathfinders have smaller versions of the Tau pulse rifle but I'm not sure if they count as SMGs.

Imperial Beastmen returning when?

That sounds more like what I mean.

IG uses carbines or bullpup rifles usually

Terminators got those storm bolters or whatever

In the RPG's autopistols (SMG's in WH40K lingua) are quite good, but in the tabletop there isn't really none.

Do you really want the game to just be guardsmen fighting other guardsmen forever? I mean, there are other tabletop games for that sort of thing if that's what you're into.

They're treated like all other pistols, that's a case of not enough granularity to effectively have them fill a niche

Could be low/medium damage, with burst/full auto bonuses, and shorter range, and larger clip than most assault rifles.

Was talking about the tt actually, they do have different stats in the rpg with their 6 full auto burst compared to 2/3 semis other pistols have

user thats not edge on the players part thats edge on the writers part

Tau Pulse Carbines are carbines, not SMGs. They're still rifles and quite long.

SMGs don't actually exist in 40k because bolt pistols do even more damage and are even smaller.

An SMG would be a type of stubber, and stub weapons are usually primitive, meaning they are usually large, unwieldy, or even pipe-based. They're definitely not going to have compact and sophisticated builds like an SMG.

Carbines are the best you will get in 40k for an SMG analogue.