Post character concepts you always wanted to play

Post character concepts you always wanted to play

Cool picture OP, wheres the character?

Fucking this. So many people don't play characters, they play caricatures.

Too bad unarmed will never not be shit in 3.5.

>in 3.5
Found your problem, son.

>3.5

Annoying asian catboi geisha who is a skald simply by virtue of how much he pisses off everyone around him.

Always wanted to play an oldschool Khornate character, honorbound bloodthirsty bro and all that. Too bad Black Crusade games are almost nonexistant and not that good when they exist.

IT'S THE THE ONLY LIFE I KNOW.

Everything about these fuckers, even their spinny clusterfuck of a fighting style.

A not!Indian barbarian woman who is adventuring to make money for her dowry.

Before realising Daredevil was a thing (not too hot on comic books, just my cultural sphere) I basically wanted to just play Daredevil.

WFRP - A strong, burly, man's man of a hunter who saved his small village by thwarting a diabolical (but lovely) witch and slaying her beastman lover.

A LN Barbarian who only rages when the moral code of battle is dishonoured.

Just need someone to play his short, grifting, CN "twin" brother

Wardens are cool as shit, especially Maiev.

>Too bad unarmed will never not be shit in 3.5.

In 4e I'd try doing that as a druid/avenger hybrid

They are more like Shadowdancers than druids, Maiev has like three different types of poisoned knives she throws.
From what I can remember of Cataclysm, Wardens can lock people in the Emerald Dream, but cannot enter or leave it without the help of a druid.

Catgirl operator, tacticool or Caticool.

>order of undead warriors using their quasi-immortality to contain a sentient and hungry Abyss and honor the will of a long dead knight.
You and me both friend.

Id like to know what its like to have friends even in pretend

Pic has it all.

I've always loved the idea of dedicated rivals.

I have two that I vow to find games that will accommodate them:

>A Voodoo Priest Lawyer
A Haitian man who uses his ability to speak to the dead to provide evidence in court and call on them for testimonials. His methods are unorthodox, but god damn if he doesn't get results. Think along the lines of Dr. Facilier from Disney's the Princess and the Frog.

>Bob Smith the mattress salesman
Bob Smith is a man who's entire existence is useless and every goal he has ever reached for and fallen short of a tragedy. Bob Smith is the owner of a run-down mattress store in some unnamed metropolis which he has been forced to live in since his landlord kicked him out of his apartment for being unable to afford rent. He is a divorcee from his wife and child support payments take away what little profit his mattress store could accrue. Physically short, stocky, and balding and equipped with faded business cards from years ago, who knows what wacky hijinks Bob is ready to be involved in?

>Bob Smith
Wait a damned minute, I know that guy.
He lives out of his van, it's stuffed entirely with duvet and bedding set samples and he drives around demoing them to retail outlets.

Fucking spooky.

A warrior imbued with sky magic. Can fly just above the ground, glide when higher, shoot lightning, cover himself and his weapons in electricity, magnetically propel blades at people, incredibly acrobatic fighting style

No idea what system that would be

Is this a real individual?

Artist bard who makes really inspiring paintings, maybe gives buffs with face paint

Yes.
His name's not Bob though.

incarnate soldier of fortune

Well fuck.

A Gatorman in Iron Kingdoms/Hordes Unleashed for more than one goddamned session before the GM either goes full retard with lore, tries to kill our characters in EVERY encounter and fudges rolls/rules to do so, or flakes entire MONTHS.
Our group needs a better IK GM...

Hi there! I'm Immovable Rod John, owner and proprietor of Immovable Rod Johnson's Immovable Rod Warehouse and Iron Rope Emporium!

Are you tired of your rods always falling over in the middle of a task? Wish you could bar a door with the push of a button? Want to clothesline some poor bastard chasing you on a horse? Well we here at Immovable Rod Johnson's Immovable Rod Warehouse and Iron Rope Emporium have just the thing for you! We have the plane's largest selection of Immovable Rods in all shapes, colors, and sizes for prices so low we had to activate a rod undernieth them to stop them from falling anymore!

Grab a pair and climb straight up into the air! Hang rope, bags, or people in hard to reach places! A million uses can be yours!

And if that's not enough we have rows and rows of Iron rope and Sovereign Glue! If it moves and shouldn't, we've got the solution for you!

So come on down to Immovable Rod Johnson's Immovable Rod Warehouse and Iron Rope Emporium, located five miles off of exit 5 on the portal way!

I'm Immovable Rod John. My rod doesn't move, but your world will!

So yeah.....small business owner who uses lots of items and magic gear to get things done and make bank. Always hawking his wares and rhyming slogans. Leaves ghost mouth'd stones everywhere to act as ads. Has crippling gambling debts he needs to pay off so HEAD ON OVER AND GET YOUR IMMOVABLE ROD TODAY!

This is a cool idea.

>My name is Immovable Rod Johnson
>Everything is black
>I can't feel a thing

"I've taken shits that were more strenuous than it'll be to kill you lot"

out GM introduced a race of turtle people that are basicly tankier ninja turtles.

i really want to make one of these as a mercenary who took a few skills in painting , but never got a real job or famous enough to afford it , so he sticked with being a merc (pretty much never fought for real , only there to scare away bandits)

merc band disbanded after the leader and half of the guys died to the plague , he then met a few freaks in a bar ...

>easy going sun praisin hippie-ish team mom fertility paladin/cleric, haunted by a baren womb

>kind hearted orphan swordsman funding his old orphanage but battling with a growing addiction to violence

Lucky for me, most of the characters that appeal to me could be boss-tier.
I'll just have to GM

Would be really, really fun--if the system is more "agnostic" to support his nuances

Some kind of expert monster hunter who has to know all the tricks to taking down beasties in the style of Witchers/Spooks.

Something non human.

I am so fucking sick of playing humans because the only other dm wants to run his fucking aryan brotherhood fanfiction.

Dragon Hunter CN who seeks the death of all dragons

i love wardens

Play E6, disallow all prepared casters and allow Tier 5s to gestalt with other Tier 5s.

Boom, fixed. Next question.

>A guy who believes himself worthless, powering through each day with a silent determination to make his life worth something
>Made a RIFTS Juicer with the exact idea and it was beautiful for two sessions.

I'd have killed for Wardens to be the standard for Night Elf armour, rather than the bikini armour of the archers.

An idealistic sorcerer who leads a successful crusade to destroy the Wall of the Faithless and finds love with a non-evil succubus along the way.

Flat Avenger would likely work best. Ungodly mobility, a bit of ranged attacks and a lot of 'You can never escape!'

A diviner designed around a tarot card reader/astrologer/etc. I know quite about that kind of thing because it interests me as an aesthetic.

>tfw your friends would give you weird looks if you played a girl and it's kind of important to the look of the character

If those trousers covered her thighs and pelvis, or else the chain clearly went over them rather than under them, that image might've been perfect for an expensive mercenary spellsword I've wanted to play for a while.

The weird dragon wings on her legs I could maybe deal with. So close.

I've got a few, but pic related only brings one to mind:

>A caster who controls the environment by calling on the power of the four seasons, slowly but surely becoming more spirit than person

Others include:
>An alchemist wielding arcane concoctions designed to petrify opponents rather than kill them, as well as dropping the occasional ooze right in front of him to cover his escapes

>miner/homesteader with dinosaur companions

>melee brawler who borrows aspects of the creatures he defeats in hand-to-hand combat

Ideally in a fantasy setting for the following idea, but if the right setting/system existed could do it in a modern one. But without further delay.

A former Bandit/Barbarian Raider who was captured for his crimes and while in jail/dungeon becomes devote to gods not of his tribe and people. Truly becomes a Paladin of this new faith he's been shown and is granted his release after his mentor vouches for him and he's set upon the path of redemption and such. I envision him carrying his former weapon(s) wrapped up in cloth on his back to constantly remind himself of the weight of his sins and to always bear them. Technically I did get to play this concept once...but the game shit out in five sessions so wasn't able to truly explore the character anywhere as much as I'd like to have done.

>Not playing a scam artist fortune teller that actually has the Sight.

You have shit friends; one of my best characters was a ragged witch-knight.

Laconic general. Natural leader. Does things for the good of the people but is a bad person himself.