Do you enjoy pissing off your players?

Do you enjoy pissing off your players?
Be honest

I enjoy causing them entire spectrum's of emotional trauma.

Sure. Well I would if I was the GM, but I'm not, for good reason.

Yes, I like it better when they thank me for a job well done but it happens so rarely that I settle for the next best thing

You sound like a good GM, actually.

I only go out of my way to piss them off if it's to establish something in game as grating (asshole npc, particularly hostile environment, etc.).

It seems to me that most people who enjoy dicking over their groups are those who don't really like them. I was friends with all but one of my current players well before we started playing rpgs, so generally there's a good synergy.

Or maybe I'm not just a douche nozzle who needs to fuck up other people's shit to feel decent about himself. Meh.

Only if you enjoy struggling to survive, being forced to make difficult choices, cleanly formatted and highly detailed wiki articles about the setting, needlessly detailed maps, personally tailored character art, and dying. A lot of dying.

I like making them go "Oh shit!"

I like all of those things.

I enjoy giving them challenges that are designed to annoy, frustrate, and, y'know, actually challenge them, so, in a roundabout way, yeah kinda?

I only enjoy drinking their tears in the same context as when a good writer knows when to kick the reader right between the legs.
I don't dick them over for no good reason.

I'd invite you if I didn't already have three games I'm running. Though a character did die recently, and her player might leave.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm in two games already, and I think that's as much as I want right now with my current schedule. Best of luck though.

What games do you play

GURPS, modified Savage Worlds, and WoD. Considering getting into the warhammer games as well.

Currently running two Savage Worlds games and one GURPS Lite.

Ah. I play approximately none of those, but have been interested in SW. How's it run?

You roll a skill die and a d6. If a die rolls the highest result possible you 'explode it' meaning you roll it again and add the result. Explosions can chain. You then take the highest result between to skill die and the die and your GM compares it to a target number.

Wounds are how you track damage, with 'Ace's' (PCs and key NPCs) able to take three wounds before dropping and regular NPCs only being able to take one. This tends to speed up combat.

All and all it's a lot of fun, however I usually void the exploding dice and the wild die mechanic, replace them with attribute die + skill die instead, and base the number of wounds someone can take off of their Vigor die and Edges (feats).

I also almost never give out bennies.

Huh... that does sound like a killy game. And here I thought all low crunch games were soft and cuddly. You play on R20?

Si. Roll20, d20Pro, and MapTools.

Savage Worlds is flexible, it can be both and in-between. One of my favorite systems so far minus a few things.

Alright, I am aroused enough to ask. Which game is the player 'leaving'?

I prefer pissing off their characters.

That one's a more light hearted Savage Worlds game. They're playing children trying to save their parents after they got turned to stone.

It was supposed to be a one shot, but my players have learned caution.

After this I'm planning an early 16th century inspired game in a setting I've been building with a friend. This one will not be light hearted and will take everything you have to survive.

Well, if you need an extra player, I am very interested.

Do you have an e-mail? I'll put a note to shoot you a message once this game is done (might be a couple weeks at this rate, they're checking everything with a 10ft pole)

The latter. 100%

I'm with . The "oh, shit" moment is much more satisfying as a GM than making someone mad.

Granted, if a player is intentionally trying to do something they think will annoy me but not disrupt the game, they know damn well turnabout is fair play.

[email protected]

That's understandable. Paranoia is a positive trait.

Just sent you a rather wordy e-mail.

>Do you enjoy pissing off your players?
Yes, oh god so much. To be fair I enjoy pissing people off in most games. I don't know how I have friends.

>waffleseatcement
really, dude?

bump