Symbaroum

>Final stretch goal: GM Screen Upgrade
kickstarter.com/projects/449518387/symbaroum-thistle-hold-wrath-of-the-warden/description

>English PDF share (+a few minor ones in Swedish)
www85.zippyshare.com/v/uSuMNELr/file.html

>link/info pastebin
pastebin.com/jDsaER8Z

>Community material
The Iron Pact - theironpact.com/
Ordo Magica - ordomagica.com/

>stores to get additional PDFs not included in the share, and support the creators
drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8878/Jarnringen
butik.jarnringen.com/en/shop.php?id=41105

Other urls found in this thread:

black-book-editions.fr/crowdfunding-35.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Excited? They keep running the last few stretch goals down.

man i just want to play

Same, the waiting is the hardest part.

Still, I'll probably have it by Christmas if shipping doesn't take forever. My birthday at longest, I should be able to have a group ready by then so I can run it for them.

I have the group and we use the online rulebook. Its just that we meet every 2/3 weeks.

Three hours to go and 2,800 SEK from 460,000.

Also, looks like a limited Warden edition opened up.

Last stretch goal was unlocked!!

Certainly good news. I was wondering where Adventure Pack 1 was on the list, though that was probably a previous fundraising campaign.

Never heard of this game before. Sell me on it, Veeky Forums.

Symbaroum is a dark fantasy where you explore the creepy forest of Davokar in search of the ancient riches of a once mighty empire. This is all to help boost the economy and power of your own empire, which has been forced to relocate to the outskirts of Davokar in the aftermath of a massive war which has left large territories a blasted, surrealistic hellscape inhabited by monstrous creatures and ravening undead.

The game mechanics are much more down-to-earth, a solidly low-magic fantasy setting. Because Toughness (your HP) doesn't really change, an experienced warrior can take about as much punishment as a greenhorn, though a veteran will have a lot more tricks up his sleeve and ways to mitigate the danger and damage. Magic is limited through the Corruption mechanic, casting spells, using magic artifacts, and performing rituals hits you with a set amount of temporary Corruption, and is that exceeds a threshold then you gain permanent Corruption. Knowing magic spells and rituals and binding artifacts to you also nets you permanent Corruption, though a spellcaster is spared as much if the spell or ritual falls into their discipline. If permanent Corruption reaches another threshold, the PC turns into an NPC abomination and is immediately hostile, so you don't want corruption, though long before you develop visible stigmas and become the target of witch hunters. You also get Corruption by delving deeply into Davokar and corrupted places, so you want to limit your time there or be ready to accept corruption as a tradeoff for riches.

All in all, it seems a spooky game with a neat and primal feel to it, with challenging and gritty struggles and less high-fantasy shenanigans to it.

I should mention that the biggest flaw in Symbaroum is the writing of the book, which seems to leave out a whole of Davokar itself, and treasure hunting, plus not delving into how to RP in social situations very well. Though it seems a lot of the supplemental adventures have these things written in, though I can't say for certain.

All in all, it seems very novel RPG with an interest atmosphere to it, certainly different than the usual staples of D&D and D&D-like games out there.

Dayum, all stretch goals finished eh? I was sort of worried the KS wouldn't make it to #10 a week ago.

They kept moving the goalposts downward, I think they were worried about their lost momentum from the first week and that it wouldn't pick up towards the end. But to be fair, they also sweetened the stretch goals a whole lot, and added a few more to boot, plus some bonuses.

Anyone have the Report 22:01:08 pdf in janky fan-translation?

I think this is it

I think they were preparing for a french style blow out but just did not generate as much interest for the english.
$135,187 (122 148€) for the french
$ 56,188 for the english
black-book-editions.fr/crowdfunding-35.html

Now that the kickstarter is over, how much did everyone back? My total came out close to 220

kr2000

Figured it was just easier to throw in the change after backing at Steward plus all add-ons and shipping.

I think a big factor was that they changed some of the stretch goals to guaranteed add-ons (like the art book). This caused a lot of people to increase their pledges since the add-ons were now available instead of waiting until they were unlocked.

I think it was a good play on their part. I really wanted that art book, but was sweating how they were going to hit 500,00kr to get there. Glad they included it as an add-on, now I could pledge more money and get what I wanted out of it.

1600kr

Ironically, I mostly just wanted the core rule book and art book. Thistle Hold itself is probably the thing I least want, but it's welcome none the less.

Basic steward. I only want pdfs really, but the books will make good birthday gifts for some nerd. I'm a little saddened you won't get all language versions of books you've bought though. I'd much more like to read the native swedish ones than english translations...

Hey, I'm an aspiring artfag, does anyone know the basics of how to do this or what program do these people use to make beautiful images like this?

Any tutorials? I specifically like this kind of art

No idea, but if you figure it out, let me know

photoshop and a tablet