What are they watching for?

What are they watching for?

Casuals

An interesting plot to shit all over.

elderazi.

but all of the known eldrazi titans are dead and contained, and if they cared about minor eldrazi they would just live on zendikar as exterminators for the rest of their lives.

gates

this is all a set up for Ravnica 3: Guildless Pleb Murder Edition

whatever threatens the multiverse, apparently. its literally the avengers but that said it could be interesting to see a potential war between them.

Next block: Captain Vryn: Civil War

they clearly need an azorius walker in order to figure out a more clearly defined mission statement.

a good card

The big bad evil plot device
Next they'll travel to Kaladesh to combat improper toilet usage.

tezzert is the winter soldier to Jace's captain america
he even has the arm

Jace will use his mind magic to convince the pooloos to use the loo

Chandra will burn the shit off the streets

Gideon will rally the peasants to build public restrooms

Nissa will smoke something and make public parks

Liliana will use zombies to instruct people in using the loo

And that slated indian artificer planeswalker will design thopter-shitters that act as mobile toilets

...but Jace hates Tezzeret's guts. And Tezzeret wants to murder Jace.
Besides, Gideon is the Captain America of the team - the Winter Soldier is undoubtedly one of his Irregulars he nuked by accident.

Every threat to everything in every universe always

Aka it's fucking stupid

Lillian Vess is watching you masterbate.

>every single set is going to involve these clowns

This will never get old!

I can't wait till the go back to (my favorite plane) and meet (planeswalker) who will join the gatewatch to defeat (villian)! Based maro!

They're watching for the next mythic slot they can steal.

They are looking for a good magic set

They still haven't found one yet

Could be one of Gideon's schoolyard chums who go lightning bolts to the face pre-spark igniting.

>thopter-shitters that act as mobile toilets
>yfw there are no flying toilets irl
FUND IT

O-oh?

>live on zendikar as exterminators for the rest of their lives.
I second this and I'd like to add to this motion that we also have no more sets based on zendikar

Jace kind of has an important job on Ravnica he's been neglecting to chase after stupid puzzles, so he can't be on Eldrazi Organ Cleanup Detail

Gates dumbass

Of course he can. He can be everywhere doing everything. Maro already said that a member of the gatewatch will be in every block from here onwards, so either get used to these idiots or expect more planeswalkers to be shoved into this meaningless club with all the grace and intelligence of a pig in heat.

if enough people voiced there disapproval of maro and his gatewatch bullshit wizards would have to take notice and put a stop to it

Won't be happening as long as it sells well.

then Whine harder.

Still won't drown out the sound of cash flowing through a register.

Devils, oh wait nevermind those won't be in this set

mtg is becoming less profitable as time goes on and out right ignoring its player base when they hate something won't help that

If I recall, the quote said that at least one member will be involved in every set.
In a better universe, it would be possible for one member to just explore a plane by themselves, and/or take on a more subdued role in the events of the block, without necessarily twisting the entire set to revolve around them.
But they won't do that.

It did in AVR
And that was 20 people whining

kaladesh and aether revolt had better be good I'm done with mtg after those if it doesn't improve

Haven't seen that image in a very long time,

And you fucked it up by not even spelling Lilliana or masturbate correctly, well done

He was quoting the faggot who spelled it wrong in the first place

I can only hope for Return to Return to Ravnica's plot to be centered around a Dimir based Phyrexian sleeper cell that takes over while literally everyone blames and shames Jace for playing superhero

>Thinking the toilet witches will just let this happen

How will the Jacetice League stand up to this poo threat?

How convenient! I was watching her.

Wut

That just makes me masturbate harder

triumph of ferocity

And I suppouse Aether rebellion will involve the pajeets rebelling against their new robo-toilet overlords

>shithead tumblrinas bitching about justice served to womyn
>gets the one semi-interesting green walker turned into a bad guy

Just fuck my shit up

You forgot the part about how none of the people complaining actually played the game and none do now

Citation fucking needed. Each set outsells the last.

ok but
> apologizing because of one card artwork because it can hurt the reputation of the product to normies
versus
>scrapping the entire approach to storytelling because a fraction of the players complain, right when the game is more popular than ever before and the avengers bandwagon is profitable right now
i think there's a bit of a difference between the two.

Maybe. But the second one is more dire since it's a "We might lose what we have" instead of a "We might not grow as hard"

It's in their nature, Pajeet will always hate the loo.

The Winter Soldier is Elspeth.

First post best post.

Shes trying to watch jace's brenis, but its elusive.

"Today, as an Eldritch Moon casts a Shadow over Innistrad, the Gatewatch watch the Seagate, according to the Oath of the Gatewatch they swore at the Seagate on the eve of the Battle for Zendikar." - Jace Beleren

"Lorwyn" - Chandra

Why does her tiara match the Emrakul silhouette that is the set symbol?

Ugh. Cause the set symbol's probably her thing

How the fuck do Strayans keep getting away with it?

if they pass a bathroom for chandra

truth hurts user but sale are fluctuate at best

>multiverse
its one universel with many planets

>The Flavortext isn't "I'll keep watch, to prevent any tentacles I don't control from violating Cloak Boy's boipussy."

nice fanfiction

you must be new

Explain Alara.

Phyrexia

What's the effect on that one; when a spell is cast, physically take it from the player and light it on fire?

Seriously though,

How long before the Gatewatch gets wrecked by Phyrexia?

If only.

So when will they reprint the Oaths so they make a panorama?

She's so noncommital about it. I don't think she's gonna keep watch. I think she's gonna set it all on fire.

honestly, not soon enough. Also, I wonder what Tamiyo's stance on Phyrexia is?

I don't know which I hate more. New Phyrexia or the League.

The "plane" in "planeswalker" refers to planes of existence which is tantamount to dimension.

The term was coined back when the Magic lore was yet to be solidified.

>Well thought out group with deep, internal political splits
or
>Friendship solves everything

I don't hate New Phyrexia in a vacuum. I hate it because they fucked Mirrodin to make it.

to be fair, Mirrodin was always going to become New Phyrexia.

And it is one of the things that hasn't changed since the game was created.

Yeah, I know they worked that out ahead of time. They also did that with Tarkir, and it was equally bad there.

Fucking up perfectly good planes seems to be their plot crutch, honestly.

I dislike it because of all the damn Nornfaggots.
That is not how you treat Yawgmoth's legacy, damnit.

Gates.
Wait, maybe this is foreshadowing for a fuure threat that will make use of gates to go from plane to plane?

don't worry. Norn is going to get BTFO when The raven man turns out to be Mishra possessed by Yawgmoth who trick Lil into reviving him.

It's very very interesting and she'd like to watch it from a safe distance
Tamiyo is a historian, non-interventionalist, and field researcher (god it's going to feel awkward to use that phrase now that they've actually named her that)
Her entire thing is floating around, not interfering, and studying shit that goes down

>we want the avengers audience
people complained about the weatherlight crew, but they were miles more interesting despite being pretty much the exact same concept

Was she around for Old Phyrexia? If so she might know what horrible shenanigans will happen if they begin to take over.

The Raven Man is just a mental construct of Liliana's, an 'outside force' she can blame as having 'made her do' something like she always does. Because nothing is ever her fault.

>Norn is going to get BTFO
No. It will only create a new political split. Much more interest... oh wait, we're talking about WotC writers here, nevermind.

Weatherlight wasn't a bad idea necessarily. The snarky flavor text was tedious and annoying. Every one of them had to be a snarky asshole with annoying "clever" quips.

That's much more interesting than anything Wizards will come up with.

Jace's oath flavor text doesn't sound Blue at all.

She has the tale of the destruction of Serra's Realm in one of her locked scrolls but I don't think she said it was her own writing, so it's anyone's guess as to how long she's been around

But they still do that now with these clowns, though.

>destruction of Serra's Realm

Tamiyo nukes a plane when?

I don't disagree.

dominaria was and is the original planet
the shit you're talking about was made up by some rosewater faggot later