Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/LPEdZcTi

The one true master of Chaos edition.

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread over here Question of the day: Aside from the Slann, are there any other normal Lizardmen?

First, in the name and glory of Araellie!

>Captcha: Select all pictures of trees
So she wills it

Someone has to dream the dream daemons user

So do any of you buy into the rumor of a Start Collecting!: Slyvaneth? Because if so, I might hold off on buying a slaves to Darkness set. What would they realistically put in a Slyvaneth box?

Here's my thoughts:
BranchWych
Treelord
Dryads
Kurnoth hunters

Praise the thighs

Need start collecting fyreslayers first I think

I'm more sold on a 150 dollars sylvaneth box set. something like:
>2 treelords
>10 revenants
>6 kurnoth hunters
>branchwych

Eh, they seem to be doing it in pairs.

Magmadroth
Hearthguard
Berzekers

The only problem is that shit together is 200+ dollars. They seriously overpriced the fuckers.

Yeah, but thats not going to have the 85$ SC gurantee to it, which sucks.

>literally all that happened to flesh eaters

They got some new units and heroes.

Little much

That's 1180 points. Close to twice the other sets

Is there any players out there that like the aesthetic of the fyreslayers? Genuinely curious, as I honestly think all of the AoS armies so far look pretty damn good, especially compared to a lot of 40k's strange change into CAD, but that looks exactly what they did to the dwarfs, with odd looking symmetrical guys and generally imo bad looking skin.

They really dropped the ball on those dudes or am I alone in thinking that? I've just decided to start a small ironjawz force so been out the loop.

I like them.

I could see a 540-640 point build, most SC are around 550-ish (malignants were 460, pestes was 540)

>tree lord
>3 hunters
>5 revenants
That's 540
>maybe branchwych?

>MFW the new artwork...

>Is very similar to my own color scheme.

Okay, what the fuck. Slyvaneth need to check their wooden privledged

huh?

Coolies, were you a dwarf player before or new to them?

I'm trying to get two friends Into starting with me, but they were both dwarf players (since sold their armies) and don't like the new aesthetic. I think it's more the whole fantasy to aos thing that soured them but I can't disagree with them about the fyreslayers.

They are just one faction of the new dwarfs though is that correct? I assume their will be others?

>New good looking units
>New Thigh Overlady
>New Lore
>New awesome stories
>New Awesome artwork
>Campaign based around them

Wooden Privledge user

Follow the maggot brick road ...

Remember start collecting sets are to mostly sell old models that won't get bought because of shiny new stuff. If anything it would have a treelord, dryads and maybe a branchwych since it's their only small plastic character.

Ah. Was just confused at first why you said that in response to a Glottkin pic.

I have thousands of points of Dwarfs lol.

I'd love to be able to get a Fyreslayer army going but I need to paint literally hundreds of miniatures before I considerealized starting a new army.

Plus, when I do start a new army, Brayherds is next. I've wanted to do Beastmen forever.

Fyreslayres have a few good modeks, it's really the units that are insufferable.

I think the smith, magmadroth, etc. woukd look nice along side Firedrakes, Ironbreakers, Hammerers, etc.

And yes there will be at least one other Dwarf faction. They still have to do the Dispossesed battletome.

Eh, most SC sets have 1 Big unit, 1 medium unit or hero, 1 troop choice. And not every box is all old plastic. For example, the Skitarii box is all super Recent.

There is the Dispossessed which are the dorfs that reside in sigmar's big city.
Supposedly there are still duradin still living in the realm of metal if I remember correctly. So they might be their own faction.
Some of the fluff suggests that beings that inhabit the realm of metal turn to metal so maybe we'll see metal dorfs

Wonder if we're ever gonna see something new for the skaven. Like a new clan or something.

I just saw corsair is on steam and I'm interested in reading up on the original. Did anyone here ever play?

Skitarii aren't that old themselves. They literally do not have older options.

Also, not every box is ALL old models but they do try to sneak a weak seller in there somehow like the Helbrute.

How well do Pestilens, Rotbringers, and Nurgle Daemons actually synergize with one another?

Honestly, I just run pure pestilens. May expand and build a mortal burgle army in the future tho. Could be fun for path to glory.

There an easy program to use for reading epubs? I don't have a tablet so I thought I'd check first.

>tried reading 1d4chan to get a summary of the fluff
>all memes written by salty WHFB players
>literally nothing good about the setting
Is there a better place to get a summary on all the lore without having to read pages of shitposting?

>>literally nothing good about the setting

Yeah, try the Age of Sigmar wiki.

I like the look of the models, but I don't like how the army looks together

Fyreslayers and Stormcast should be up next (or soon) for SC according to my local GW owner

There will be Dispossessed, Fyreslayers, and some kind of metal/steamhead duardin.

Also the chaos dwarves, if you count FW stuff

Most are set up that way but not all of them. The Tau and Greenskinz are notable exceptions.

What're you guys thinking for Drycha at 2000? That Spite-Revenant battalion seems ridic.

>Sigmar betrayed Nagash once again

AGAIN.

He can't keep getting away with it. He can't keeo getting away with it. HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

Have the battalion rules been leaked?

Nagash backstabbed Sigmar by not actually showing up to the joint operation to save Shyish, and then gets angry when the Stormcasts are wiped out and Chaos keeps their open door to Shyish?

I'm not sure I'm buying into the Steamhead Duardin as a standalone faction yet. They got like one passing mention in one of the campaign books and everyone just ran with it. My own opinion is that they were mentioned as just a particular nation in the realm of metal, not a subset of Duardin that will get their own battletome.

Sigmirite lies!

Last thread an user summarized 'em. Here;

>reading up on the rules
>All those new rules
>All that Terrain dickery
>All that new stuff
Svlvaneth = Tau of Sigmar comfirmed

Fuck :(

They just released the point system and are running a campaign where OUR battles decide the result in the setting and, surprise surprise, the sylvaneth are one of the major players

what did the general's handbook or sylvaneth book say about mixed faction battalions?

Aww none of these fit in or are worth me changing up my list for. Oh well. As long as that Sylvaneth Wood is 1 - 3 base translation is right, I'm happy since I don't have to buy so many damn trees.

Age of Sylvaneth

>All those new rules
>All that Terrain dickery
>All that new stuff
>Svlvaneth = Tau of Sigmar comfirmed

Having a new book makes you Tau?

>Having a bunch of new stuff that almost completely changes the game
>Potential to create utter cheese at any level

>retributors min squad size is 5
>regular box comes with 5
>AOS starter box only comes with 3 retributors

God fucking damnit

I can't play this unit unless I buy 2 more off kijiji or ebay or something

more like age of thundertusk

why the fuck did they decide to make this unit battleline

Buy a box of 5, make 2 maces to finish off the 3, make grandhammers for the liberators, and convert the last one to a character.

It won't be age of thundertusk until they release battletome: thundertusk with 6 different thundertusk characters, chaptertactics, relics, command abilities, spells, arcane items, terrain, and formations

So are Sylvaneth players to be shamed and looked down on from here on?

No, don't be 40k General.

I guess it's better than the ogorlords at my shop. Just a fuck ton of beast claw avalanches, gordrak, and too many iron guts. Can't wait to see their salty asses after general handbook

They'll probably just switch to running beastclaw as their main

Sigmar give me strength... OPEN FIRE!!!

Neat. Which traits, what relics?
Also, how does it feel to serve an entity that keeps screwing itself over constantly?

There is a big set containing three treelords, 30 dryads and a branchwraith. I doubt Sylvaneth will get anything else. Bloodbound didn't, Stormcast didn't, Fyreslayers didn't, Ironjawz didn't and Flesheater Courts didn't, for the most part they also got big boxes like that instead.

Shit Im a idiot. Posting the corrected list:

So, hows it goin /AoSg/. Here's my list for some friendly Bone Zone action. Note, I might post my whole collection list later on:

>Hero's
Vampire Lady/w flying: 140 points
Necromancer: 120 points

>Battle Line
30 Skeleton/w Spear 240 points
30 Skeleton/w Spear 240 points

>Elite
15 Grave Guard/w great weapon: 240 points

980 points even. I fucked up on the heros section, I added another Necromancer.

Anyways, for Relics, I picked cloak of Mist and Shadows. Makes my flying Vampire even faster and sneakier. For trait, Red Fury will help her shred what ever she needs to.

That box is no longer produced for some reason. I bought the last one my store had last weekend.

Missing chaos relics. Anyone got?

Also, it feels pretty great. Nagash is a cool dude, and says if I kill enough filthy fleshbags, I can be a Mortarch! Enjoy your boring short lives under Chaos/Sigmar overlords. Or what ever Orcs worship

Meh. Seems like if the horned rat likes you, you just don't die (i.e. Thanquol)

Well you have to be Skaven for him to like you, it seems. And if not... well, lets just say you dont see humans worshipping the horned rat for long

Problem solved

But seriously, I'd just jump on the nurgle wagon and work my way to favor

More like the Horned rat turning you and your family and your neighbor and your dogs into Rats.

But I'd kill to see a Skaven run Disney World

Oh? Maybe I should grab the WHFB one still knocking about the local store.
Thanks for the heads-up.

And look like a bag of rotten potatoes falling down a cliff? Or have mega aids? No thanks. Bone daddy is where its at.

>Its the happy-best place in all-everything of SkavenBlight.

>The haunt-Spook mansion
>The Skaven of the Sea-ocean
>The Ghur Cruise

All owned by the Great Clan Diznee, and their warlorx MickEek Mause

>betray your ally for no reason
>try to win it all alone
>get BTFO by chaos
>WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME?! FUCK SIGMAR!

When will Nagash ever learn?

Honestly, is rather Nurgles gifts to those of any other chaos God.
>keep warm in winter
>always new friends
>healing factor
>Papa Nurgle loves us
>kick ass maggoths

Yes, the tits and these three dicks sure are terrible. And don't even get me started on the ability to sweat kokain. Man, such agony.

Perfect.

Before I get too far into this game with a friend I would like to know something about the lore.

Is there a good in universe reason for two Order aligned armies to fight?

Sure. Inter-factional squabbles, the Fyreslayers can be paid to do it, elves are elves, the Sylvaneth could be pissed about something the fleshbags have done, etc.

Becoming a great magic user and seeing the future gets old quite fast, I'll give you that.

I always wanted to see something like a Chosen of Tzeentch who is a master swordsman with precog, just for some variety.

Stormcasts can fight each other in mock gladiator matches between whole armies where no one actually dies

Sylvaneth hate everyone who trespasses into their woods, and are pretty reluctant to ally with even the stormcasts

Fyreslayers will fight anyone if paid enough ur gold

Seraphon are the only ones who won't attack other order forces, and them vs Stormcasts is pretty unlikely. There is a picture of them fighting sylvaneth outcasts though, but outcasts are racist fucks who fight anyone so there's that.

We don't know enough about the elves or whatever follows malerion and the Tyrion&Teclis gods of light duo, but in Allgates every force sent there got BTFO so they probably aren't opposed to fighting order.

so what are Allgates?

The gates at allpoints

With the fact that the new thundertusk costs less than the stonehorn there is a decent chance that the new battletome will bring a nerf to the thundertusk.

That'd be too good for the normal pricetag. I was thinking
>5 Revenants
>12 Dryads
>Treelord
>Battalion says Treelord Ancient and Tree-Revenants

like that.

I think it was in 6th edition that the mark of Tzeentch made your chaos lords wizards, and the first spell of his lore was a reroll on to hit.

Yeah, no. The "new unit" is just a retarded arm swap, using Vargheist arms and Crypt Horror... everything else.
The "new heroes" are literally "take a unit Champion and give him a more elaborate paint job"

I like the haircuts, the beards and the weapons, I'm even kind of into the gold tattoo/piercing/whatevertheyrecalled, but I hate the nekkid dorf thing. Hell, Those knubby feet, the bare behinds.. nope.

to be fair i'dd be estatic if my faction got a re-boxing , means i don't have to buy the bases and i'dd have certainty they aren't gonna get squatted

Well they mostly synergize by not killing each other because Nurgle keyword gives immunity to some of their bullshit. Epidemius would buff them all, other than him, most buffs specify Mortal Nurgle or Nurgle Daemon, so not that much. A Plague Priest could use his prayers to make Blightkings deadlier and a Lord of Plagues could give Nurgle's Rot to a big blob of Monks, though.

if only everyone thought like that. Even the avid AoS players at our shop refuse to put anything on round bases.

As a long time fan of the Strigoi, I'm already happy having an updated book, new lore, and rules.
Sure, I would also have loved new boxes and I'm a bit salty we'll have to wait for a shitload of rules like the Sylvaneth, but I'm quite happy with what we got.

How are Beastmen now that there is a points system?

DO you think that hat hurts his neck?