Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Mort Fort Edition
Axefencing Sub-Edition
In the last thread questions on the LACAL, elites, and Ursarax were asked, discussion on Ol' Morty and Barbarus accents was made, I got a writefaggotry project in the works, traitor Primarch clown cars usually don't involve Perturabo, Curze, or even Horus strangely enough, the Primarch and legion quizs continue to get odd results, a new ZM scenario was made, discussion on just who was going away once the Crusade was over, and complaints about the Ultras were made plus more in the last thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Strawpoll link: strawpoll.me/10558764

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uH5C6_TxPr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRST FOR ALPHARIUS

What do we think the rules for the lion and Khan will be?

Y'know, I think one reason this game doesn't have as many players is because they like playing a successor chapter, which makes perfect sense to me.

On the other hand this game is extremely attractive to CSM players as they can finally get rules to reflect their favorite legions. again

People are tired of loyalist legions since they get a lot of exposure in 40k. It's why traitors and Mechanicus are so popular in 30k.

True enough.

Anyways, does anyone know what two legions are going to be in the next box?

That's true as well, though there are still going to be people that like to play the more obscure warbands.

The only info with good credibility is that it WON'T be UM and WB.

Just use Autek Mor and his band of merry brothers to play as the Red Talons and Brazen Claws(possibly).
And not the Traitor Legions?

Maybe one day I'll find a talented painter who did Hakanor's Reavers really well.

It's a shame Duncan's tutorial on how to do lava only works for big flat areas and is pretty much an insta kill on details, because it would look fucking great on CSM.
youtu.be/uH5C6_TxPr8

Say, non can deny the Invictarii represent the UM, because muh-roman-glory.
...but what about Locutarii?
Sure, adaptability can mean "copy the Tyrants", but I thought the assault marine legion was chiefly the BA (and the NL with their Raptors)?

My money's on Battle of Phallic.
So IW and IF and it will be summed up by who's got the buggest gun.

Fingers crossed for Thousand Sons and Wolves. A Prospero box would be sweet.

Oh, I just posted Frank Castle because he's 30k related and technically part of my question.

But what about the Steel Confessors and such? Or what if an user didn't like the IH's color scheme, which is why they chose a successor?

True enough. I've heard it'll be Mk.III breachers and assaults, right? So maybe Fists and WE?

Will that mean bucketloads of MkII & MkII?

I mean, cataphracti terminator armor and lists that swell in power as the points increase per size. The Legions have probably the best apocalypse potential in all of 40k.

>But what about the Steel Confessors and such? Or what if an user didn't like the IH's color scheme, which is why they chose a successor
The Confessors were a later founding.

God I hope so. BaC was a great deal but I'll be god damned if I'm going to field thirty Mk IV suits in either an IF or an IW force.

I wouldn't say they're a copy of anything

they're just cool dudes who dont afraid of anything

I actually play 30k because Black Templars got fucking shafted, at least in the heresy setting I can play with Sigismund and Terminators.

I bloody hope we'll get mk3. I'm a complete sucker for these handsole bastards. Rumours of breachers and assault marines have done nothing to appease my boner either.

That would fit the rumors wouldn't it? Prospero is coming up next and it would coincide with it like BaC did with Calth. SW are also melee oriented.

Based Chinaman........

That was my point, user. There are anons who like to play later founding chapters and can't just say that they were using this color scheme back then

Man, I hate those topknots.

>And not the Traitor Legions?

Traitor legions in 40k and 30k are nothing alike. Especially compared to loyalists.

CUSTODES BETTER BE BALLER.

>I'm so pathetically poor.......

The worst part isn't how worthless and poor you faggots are, it's how you spam your bullshit at the drop of a hat, every chance you get. We get it, you're poor and buy shitty Chinese bootlegs. Nobody gives a fuck.

Chinaman might be a good deal for ludicrously expensive stuff, like fuckhuge vehicle that aren't needed.

But for infantry? Now that we have BaC and the upcoming box, there's no reason to use them.

>That was my point, user. There are anons who like to play later founding chapters and can't just say that they were using this color scheme back then
I do know of one other IH successor they could play as.
>hating old school Cataphractii
Nigga, I beg you to rethink your life.
I really don't see much difference between 40/30k WEs and DG. The real difference is that their ignorant unwashed slaves to darkness, but they still do their favorite things. It's easier for the DG because they're now environmental hazards.

Its enabling the community, those who can't now can, why settle for mks of armor available only in specific boxes at specific times?

Why should I pay more for their product when I can get it cheaper? Isn't the capitalism a two way street? Both the consumer and the producer are nigh obligated on getting the best prices possible.

Shrug, deal with it.

But specifically you based elitist need to go fuck yourself, your kind has no place anyway, especially when you probably don't even escape the margins of upper middle class.

Ha, Ha. Ha.

I only hate the topknots. Everything else is fine.

>I do know of one other IH successor they could play as.
?

Does anyone know when GW will cancel BaC? I need a date.

The topknots are apart of the appeal.
>?
Pic related.

I can understand people not wanting to pay too much. But using chinamen as a first option all the time feels, I don't know, bad?

As I said, for some stuff that is not required, like the upcoming Mastodon, or other massive vehicles that are more guilty pleasure than anything else, I can understand using them.
But infantry is the core of the vast majority of armies. If you're not able to afford the core of your hobby, you're doing it wrong.

It's like those people who barely make both ends meet and cry about it, and then you see them with expensive ass clothes or eating out all the time.

I'll still play someone with chinamen of course. But I would definitely laugh inside if the guy then said that he was having a hard time with his budget.

Anyhoo.

Dang it, I knew you'd bring them up.
Anyways, on a more serious note the people who like the Steel Confessors and like staying towards canon wouldn't play them in 30k because they're of a later founding as said earlier. I do know that there are at least a couple anons who have chosen certain successor chapter simply because they didn't like the founding chapter's color scheme. Though, now I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing and I should stop now.

You still can't get me to like the topknots!

>Subtly

Other than Thousand Sons becoming Rubrics and Death Guard going full Plague Marine the 40k version of the traitor legions are still pretty similar to the 30k versions. Just more chaos shit and dinobots. I suppose that is a pretty significant difference, but I don't think it reflects a change in the underlying themes of IW, NL, WB, WE, AL, or SoH/BL. EC are actually quite different, but I feel like we'll get there before the seige of Terra.

>Khan will be the first mounted Primarch
>Sang will be the first Flying Monstrous Creature Primarch

The time we live in.

>Dang it, I knew you'd bring them up
You're going to eventually get a peril of the Warp, user.
>Anyways, on a more serious note the people who like the Steel Confessors and like staying towards canon wouldn't play them in 30k because they're of a later founding as said earlier. I do know that there are at least a couple anons who have chosen certain successor chapter simply because they didn't like the founding chapter's color scheme. Though, now I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing and I should stop now.
True. Real shame though.
>You still can't get me to like the topknots!
I've accepted that.
>Subtly
Vic reached GW accepted levels of "subtle". There needs to be a 30k filler on the future Emperor's Shadows. It'd put me into a very good mood.

IW and NL are the only ones that don't change. AL, WB, WE, and SoH have drastic fucking changes.

Nobody said not to buy chinaman you dumb faggot. They're saying to stop acting like an obnoxious faglord. And no, people aren't going to "deal with it". You keep acting like a faggot and you're going to keep getting called out on it.

Take a step back and look at your fucking posts. Next time you catch yourself writing "based chinaman" try to realize what a pathetic fucking autist you sound like.

Will pic related make an appearance soon?

>Man, I hate those topknots.

so do they

Actually, I'll have to say the Chinamen have been getting good at their craft lately. It's getting to the point that I'm having to do the same amount of work on FW shit as I am recasts.

You never see video gamers going "based piratebay". It's like 40kids are proud of how poor they are.

Jesus Christ both of you are insufferable autists who shit up the thread.

You don't work for Games Workshop so stop getting triggered like some Tumblrina. No one cares about your feelings.

Stop talking about how based Chinamen are. They're just people who copy someone else's work with no effort and making money because they're NEETs. Furthermore no one gives a shit where you buy your plastic from.

Shut the fuck up.

Why don't you post more about your feelings? Is there any way I can like your shitty blog posts?

Speaking of copying other people's work, how do you guys run breachers? Making ghetto phalanx warder breachers tonight and thought I'd ask opinions before the super glue is brought out.

Thin your paints.

too soon man...

Are you still sure you wanna do it? I was the one who shitted in them so hard, but people uniroincally use Warp Talons and such.

>ripping on warp talons
>when mutilators exist

Shit, Warp Talons aren't even that bad (for CSM codex standards), all they're missing is frag grenades

Matt from MWG uses Lictors all the time.

There's no reasoning with these IF players, user. It's like they're stubborn, masochists or something.

Is Sanguinius going to be as good as launch Horus, or possibly better or worse?

Honestly I don't want to be seen as a powergamer and if taking breachers or phalanx warders can balance out the OP of having a questoris knight detachment then I'm down for using an underpowered unit. I just have no idea how to outfit a squad of 10 breachers...do I put them in a land raider or a dreadclaw or just use them to bubblewrap a dakka knight so they don't get charged?

Which ones? I've only bought from Z and he is fucking horrendously bad.

>The Encarmine Sword is better than the BA sword of double wounding
He should be better than launch Horus, but then Horus should get a chaotic upgrade. Sanguinius will probably let you charge on the same turn you deepstrike, or all his army rerolls scatter or something.
Can't we just agree to praise the Scan user, our true hero?
He's the one who delivers us from spending on mistake-ridden FW books, while enabling us to carry several kg of them in our phones.

>He should be better than launch Horus, but then Horus should get a chaotic upgrade. Sanguinius will probably let you charge on the same turn you deepstrike, or all his army rerolls scatter or something.

Its going to be the 5th ed descent of angels rule where everything with deep strike only scatters D6''. Sanguinius himself will act as a deep strike beacon and I would give him the ability to choose his warlord trait and call reserves on turn 1.

I would give them special weapons and deep strike them with Polux or attach vigilators and infiltrate/outflank them or get a fortification and use it as a transport.

>I would give him the ability to choose his warlord trait.
I'd rather give that to the Lion, along with his +4I or something.

Didn't Horus himself say that he was unsure of how a Sang v. Horus would turn out?

Also if Sang isn't a FMC, we need to burn FW.

Sanguinius should at the very least move like a FMC like that Tau Commander can, otherwise someone will go Ashen Circle on FW's headquarters.
And GW's too, because of sheer arsonism.

Yeah, all they have to do is cut and paste the Commander Coldstar rules. Literally no effort at all.

But I fear stupidity will abound.

Lion still needs his suckerpunch special ability.

are melta guns good for breachers? I noticed they can take graviton guns but those are heavy weapons and I wanna be able to move with them. also I wanted to have Sigismund in my army but holy shit...Alexis Polux might be cool instead.

How about extra Initiative, WS, S and attacks on the turn he charges?
One of these threads you'll end up with a loadout you'll like, have faith :^)

Are boxnaughts a thing in 30k?

hey at least I can bring entertaining content occasionally, like last thread when my bae btfo my WIP worse than /wip/

Indeed. She inspired me to learn how to edit images in my phone and all that.
But that's a duty for tomorrow.
Have nice 30k dreams or something.

Just give him Instant Death on all his attacks, makes him a super duelist and monster hunter supreme without making him better than other primarchs.

But he's kind of an antiprimarch dude or something, impaling Curze and all.
Mortarion also has ID on all his attacks and it makes him deadly against those 2W termies, but against other primarchs he's nothing too flashy.

How about

>Critical Riposte-Whenever an enemy misses an attack Jonson may strike once for every missed attack at the same initiative step as the enemy he's in base contact with.

Oh that was you? Listen to that woman and marry her. She's the one for you.

Yep. She singlehandedly convinced me to stop being mediocre and give about 25 tacticals a simple green bath tomorrow. Gonna prime corax white this time and paint them all yellow instead so this never happens again. I think my Templar Brethren look decent enough but that's about it.

It's already out of production. Availability will depend on how long they can sit on shelves or on eBay.

>mfw a Shadow Force Solax has been sitting on a shelf with a big LAST CHANCE TO BUY on it for at least 3 months now

BaC will sell out real fast.

Yes.

This made me smile

I don't even care about anything to do with Dangles, but god damn is that a cool rule for the Lion.

You've tricked me user, it's not marked as last chance just yet.

I wouldn't say that about AL at all.

>Why should I pay more for their product when I can get it cheaper? Isn't the capitalism a two way street? Both the consumer and the producer are nigh obligated on getting the best prices possible.

Technically, capitalism isn't synonymous with market economics; it's about ownership/control being assigned to the provider of capital (investor) rather than the actual people doing the work or managing the people doing the work.

But yes, it's a two way street and in this case FW's biggest costs are in designing the minis and creating a world for them to play in. You're saying that you're only willing to pay the guy casting minis and you've found a cheaper dude doing the same thing in China. That makes you the one trying to make this a one-way street because it's a fraction of FW's expenses.

I get it, I really do. I want a White Scars army and paying US$70-80 for a Land Speeder or three Outrider bikes is ridiculous. I can't promise that I won't buy some cheaper ones. But FW's earned a fair amount of my hobby money.

Is that a good idea? Brushing funky paint from crevasses is a serious pain. I'd just paint over the yellow parts with a couple coats of tan, then yellow. And highlight the black.

Gunky, not funky. Simple Green stripping gets messy.

>getting this mad

>no one gives a shit who you buy your plastic from so shut the fuck up
>clearly gives a shit where people get their plastic from

This is how I know

the problem is that the yellow is already getting a bit thick, and I fucked up because I did two "light" coats of flash gitz yellow and then seraphim sepia'd it. which was probably the dumbest thing I've done all year because I should've made sure all the yellow panels were solid before a wash. but yeah I might paint over it tomorrow and give it a shot first, thanks user.

I remember Horus admitted to Sanguinius that he thought it was Sanguinius should have been warmaster

You. I like you. Keep it up.

Yeah he did, I don't know why though, would Horus have truly felt that way? Or was it some political play to keep Sanguinus happy.

Perturabo should have been warmaster.

As far as the fluff from Istvaan onward I don't think there are such huge changes in the theme and style of those legions.

SoH to Black Legion. Yeah pretty big change actually.

WE went from nailed-up, chainaxe wielding berserkers in white and blue to Khorned-up, chainaxe wielding berserkers in red and brass. It's kind of a subtle difference in style really.

Word Bearers really just turn it up to 11 in 40k but that's about it. They're summoning daemons right out the gate in 30k.

Alpha Legion just goes even more off the books. So turning it up to 11 again.

I really only see big thematic differences between the HH and 40k versions of SoH, TS, DG and EC. IW, NL, WB, WE, and AL just take what they were already doing further.

you already fucked up wih flash gutz. Should have used averland as its an actual base paint

In the book it was portrayed thatHorus legitimately felt this way.

I'm not a clever man.

I'm kidding.

You had me fooled lol. It's funny enough cos in the book they off handedly mention that Perturabo would be furious because he thought it actually should be him

so would you recommend getting a pot of averland or something or just nuking them with simple green and following the Warhammer TV method for painting Fist yellow? I've got a lot of work ahead the next few evenings

intentionally made that reference. haha. Ha. xD

Horus was the only one capable of being warmaster. All other comers would probably have failed saved Girlyman himself.

Nah man, just listen to user.

Never listen to Emma, for she is of some other ruinous power that even Chaos dare not touch.

but....which user.

just pick up some averland and try putting it over the flash gitz and see how that looks.

If it looks like shit, then nuke em