Imperium Asunder: not another Veeky Forums heresy

Cydonian ocean-city vacation edition.

Old thread here: >48120294

You can find a brief overview on the story here:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_asunder

We're currently working on expanding the brief overview and making wiki pages for each Legion.

All ideas are welcome, but not all ideas are good. Post your idea. If it's fresh, well thought out, and fits in with everything else, we'll welcome you with open arms. If it's not, we'll try to make it better together. If it's derivative, redundant, or just plain boring, don't get upset when nobody likes it, just try again with a new idea.

But this explicitly is another Veeky Forums heresy

Shit, ACTUAL old thread link:

Yes.

A different telling with new characters and a new outcome in the same old 40k universe.

It's not THE Veeky Forums Heresy. If you want them, go here

Crimson Warhawks

A bit darker but yeah, you nailed it.

If I had any painting skill i'd upload pictures of my models.

"Everything is in place, my liege. The warmaster has given the signal." The warrior was clad the colors of Enoch's own legion, but Enoch's small cadre knew this stranger was not a true son of the primarch.

"No. We had a plan. This was not part of the plan," Enoch chewed his knuckle nervously, as nervously as an immortal son of the Emperor could, anyway. "The artillery, that a was precautionary measure. A last resort."

"The warmaster has spoken, my liege. The time is now!"

"No! I can parley with them, I can show them the error in their ways, they'll see! I'll make them see!"

"I speak for the warmaster, Enoch! It is an ORDER!"

Enoch glowered at the liason. "You are not the warmaster, nor would obey that order even if you were."

The confrontation was interrupted by the sudden silence of the crowd, and Enoch's attention was drawn back to the arena. He smelled blood.Far too much of it.

"No... No! Zaul, keep an your watch on this meddling spy. The Judgement Bringers will not fire a single round until I give the command." Enoch jumped down into the arena where he could hear what could only be the insane cries of Garmon, and the shocked and confused shouting of the rest of the arena. He walked toward the action but with mere seconds gone by, Enoch heard a sound that made him tremble. The unmistakable whine of dozens of incoming whirlwind missiles. He trembled and shook in his rage, at the insult the warmaster had smacked across his face, and the pitiful waste of astartes life that was fractions of seconds away, at the insubordination of his sons. Before he could mutter a word, everything was deafened and loyal marines were being tossed about like children's toys. The earth literally shook and heaved under the abuse of the Judgement Bringers, true to their namesake and masters at their craft. And through the barrage came striding, resplendent in his hatred, glorious in his fury, the Emperor's Storm. Engerand.

"ENOCH!!" Engerand roared. A single word that carried with it volumes, and was all that was needed. Enoch said nothing as he drew his blade and rushed to meet his brother. The time for words was over. He had made his choice, and he would see it through to its bitter end.

and with that I'm calling it a night.

Sky Serpents

Angels of Light

Here's a gift from your old father. A proper Legion Mk II Colourable. So you can make detailed proper Heresy/Crusade era Marines in your Legion colours.

Totally going to use this, thanks.

Fists of Mars

Undying Scions

Knights Exemplar?

Warp Raiders

Where do you do these?

Paladins of Kor

Oathsworn?

I'm making some of these up as I go along cause I can't find any info for them.

To help figure out the Heresy and the relationships between the Legions, should we perhaps figure out who was where during the Great Crusade.

Ah, that explains that then. Paladins look more like pic related, but at the same time I really like what you did...

Judgement Bringers

I'll redo it

Hell yeah!

KE are white with a black trim, Maybe something fancy like a red helmet, How do you do these by the way?

Thanks, user. I love the way these look, but my virus protection won't let me use the Russian shit.

Program called chapter generator.

It's a russian program called Chapter Generator.

Knights Exemplar?

Thanks, Looks great, And i'll have to check that out.

Iron Hearts. It looks gold but it's supposed to be dull corroded bronze.

So i'm the fists of mars guy and i kinda feel ignored by all this, as my legion is heavily integrated with the cult mechanicus and hosts them in exile after the herasy. I don't really know what to say about it other than that i'm not sure if you're supposed to be an ally or enemy of man post heresy

posted last thread just as it died, also I love it, thanks alot for going through the effort to make it by the way as i tried to sort something out and couldn't make it work

Bloodhounds

Silver Spears

I agree, you should put forth some content so we can discuss what fits in the Asunderverse more aptly.

Im pretty sure the collective is with the traitor forces, certainly they are the Warmaster at the tournament.

So what would you put forth as an alternate to what you posted?

Second Sons?

Bohemoth Guard?

with the tournament and the hunt set up we already pretty much know where everyone is at the onset of the heresy

Im talking about before that, thats the point that almost everyone comes together.

But the galaxy is a big place, its possible if not likely that some Primarchs may never have met, or if they did met only a handful of times - being deployed to other sides of the Crusade.

The attitudes and relationships of the Primarchs would depend largely on who they worked with and such.

What do you think about this? Switched up the colours a bit.

The Collective is an ally at first up until the heresy occurs at which point they side with the Warmaster. Thus the Collective would be one of the Fists of Mars most hated foe due to the enmity in their past.

The reason the collective remained an independent ally rather than joining the Imperium proper is that had they joined they would have effectively destroyed the Mechanicus's monopoly on all things technological. If they lost this they would effectively lose their autonomy and make the two headed eagle single headed again.

>

Bad ass.

Also, what do you guys think Gengrat should drive around in? Stormhammer, Stormlord, or Mastadon?

love it.

Really gives off the knightly knight look.

Working on a Wikipage right now. How do you add a picture?

And so far as the Tournament goes, I'm thinking Xun brought:
+Tzolk'in Ahau (Chief Librarian) Illuyanka Chaac of the Threefold Gate, with a contingent drawn from the ranks of the Threefold Gate and a guard of Jaguar Warrior Terminators.

Working on the rest...

Is it ok to do writefaggotry about the tourney? or are we waiting on a more general consesus.

Write up something and post it if it sticks it sticks, if not maybe others can add or refine it.

I'll let it hang in the air for a short while longer.

The Undying Scions are more of a dark purple. Otherwise you nailed it.

Terra writefaggotry incoming.

Awww yeah. Looking forward to it.

+Legion Champion Yukua Beifong, Lord of the North Wind and a contingent from the Vth Chapter.

Also, what do people think of this:
Xun Tohilcoatl landed on Tepectitlan, a bronze age world in the midst of an ice-age. Xun was brought to the lord of a kingdom and raised to rule. He became fascinated with the calendrical system and how the stars regulated the seasons.
In trying to understand how better to dig canals and set the planting season to feed his people, his close observation of the stars led him to experiment further with mathematics, already an well developed in his society (ala Mayan and Aztec math).
In improving the bronze age infrastructure of water wheels and the like, he ended up developing basic physics, etc etc. By the time he was found 100 years later, he'd managed to unify most of the planet and advance the infrastructure to a proto-industrial level.
After being rreunited with the legion, he became fascinated by imperial technology and the warp, which he tried to explain using a hybrid of the math of his homeworld and the expertise of the Imperium. (Xun is of the opinion that there are random, meaningless aspects to the universe, and Chaos is chaotic in the scientific sense.)
Anyways, the idea is that he's not quite in line with the Cult Mechanicum, though he probably is very close with the likes of Koriel Zeth, maybe he brings her with him on a campaign or two.
So he's not as tech savvy as The Fists of Mars' Primarch, but he does get a lot of it and is more inclined to experiment, for example, putting volkites on everything.

I'm also thinking that he'd be a good one to have experimenting with Imperial theurgy, trying to figure out how to leverage the power of the Emperor Ascendant against chaos, so I think him being a powerful psyker would work quite well.
The drawback would then be that he's quite polarizing. He's in favor of using sorcery and adamant about the God Emperor, which sets the parts of the mechanicum and the less psyker-friendly groups on edge, as well as ones who are less comfortable with the God Emperor concept.

>Beifong

As Klaus stood on the bridge of the recently commandeered battle barge 'Shining Spire', the bodies of traitor marines and their serfs lay strewn about, and working the cogitators were his sons, Proudly displaying the cross sword sigil.

He scratched his chin and ran his fingers through his beard as he took stock of the situation, they had simply arrived too late, the Terran ground to air defences were active and there was no way he could land enough marines on the surface to put up a fight using conventional means, drop pods would be shredded and strike craft shot down, this left unconventional means.

He was a bit split on this part of the plan, it would either work, and it would work well, or it could end up getting him killed, nonetheless he gave the marine standing infront of the navigators station a nod, "Fire up the engines," he said calmly as Terra got bigger and bigger on the viewscreen.

He admired the view for a few moments the eyes of his sons on him as they awaited the second part of the order, finally he broke the silence, his voice connected to the ships vox system, "Reroute power from auxilliary and weapons systems to void shields and the engines," he leant forwards and gripped the railing infront of himself, "all brothers move towards the airlock, i dont want any of you on this ship when it hits the surface," he closed his eyes within the helmet and cut off the vox for a moment, letting out a sigh, now it all came down to timing.

So he's technical like how Vulkan or Gorrillaman was technical. Not one of the first guys you think of, but definitely makes nice shit.

And he's not the crazy powerful psyker like Magnus, his rules would be more like Lorgar Transfigured.

In a duel, he's fast. Kind of picturing a Taiji Master style. Or Bagua.

> Gorillaman
> My sides

You mean you don't know the myriad nicknames of rawbutt girlyman?

Never heard Gorillaman before, The gillman with the coat of stars is a favorite though.

God those names are hard to pronounce.
Otherwise I like it.

Yukua Beifong is known for his stubbornness and resolve to the point where his brothers chide him that he's perhaps of the XIIIth. To these jabs, Yukua simply laughs, as he does at most things,and practices his form with his massive glaive.

Others in his Brotherhood of the Blade use different weaponry, such as the curved Daota or the legion favorite Macuahuitl.

Looking good so far.

Mekleth. They use the Mekleth too. >_<

What's the matter? Don't you speak Nahuatl, K'ich'e, and Chinese?
(And maybe some Klingon.)

Thanks i'll try and have a page for the KE/BB up by tommorow morning, Sift through the threads and gather up the bits and pieces i've done so far.

Towards that end, I'm thinking of them being armed with odd weapons usually limited to the Mechanicum. Volkites are considerably more common than in most other legions. Some Heavy Weapons squads field weapons like Lightning Guns. The legion also fields many Sicarans and Predators, with troops almost always being equipped with a rhino or deployed from a Storm Eagle. Fire Raptors are also very common in the legion and are seen as flying symbol of the legion.

The legion often fields despoiler pattern tactical squads, and favors dedicated transports over either bikes or jump packs, with a particular fondness for airborne transports. Malcador tanks are also a common choice in the legion, prized for their speed and heavy armament.
There's also an elite terminator force, typically deployed by deepstrike for decapitation strikes. Not sure how to explain them, but they'd be like the terminator equivalent of destroyers, rad missiles launchers as an option, rad grenades, no phosphex though, macuhuitl in one hand, volkite in the other.

Xun Tohilcoatl, assuming Nahuatl phonology, is pronounced /ʃon toʔilkoat͡ɬ/ or "shoon toe-*full stop*-eel-co-a-tl"

Tepectitlan is "teh-pehk-tea-tlan"

the /t͡ɬ/ sounds halfway between a "ch" sound like in beach and the "tle" in beetle.

>Fire Raptors are also very common in the legion and are seen as flying symbol of the legion.

I don't want to seem clingy but the Fire Raptor / Storm Eagle spam was kinda the Warhawks shtick.

Doing the whole air superiority thing.

>is pronounced /ʃon toʔilkoat͡ɬ/ or "shoon toe-*full stop*-eel-co-a-tl"

thanks but ill probably just keep reading it as toe-hil-coat-el - its just easier for me.

Repost for thoughts:
One of the legion's most widely known campaigns was the Valsos Rift Compliance, about 20 years before Ullanor.
The worlds of the Valsos Rift were held by a recalcitrant human culture, mutated far from the genetic baseline by centuries of half-mad experimentation into something barely recognizable as human. The Imperium had been vaguely aware of a void-faring society in the Rift and had sent a rogue trader flotilla to investigate and negotiate. Thus, when the Behemoth Guard fleet dropped out of the warp over the fortress world of Kolgrad, it was with some idea of the enemy they would face.
Well aware of the welcome the Imperial negotiators had received, Gengrat dispensed with the more customary statement of intent and broadcast of a fleetwide oath of moment by approaching the world at full burn and initiating bombardment the moment the fleet was in range.
Detractors of the legion claim this as evidence of an unstable temperament, but the statement that the mutilated bodies of the Iterators made was quite clear. The time for talk was over, and Gengrat was a man of few words.
The skies of Kolgrad blazed as melta torpedoes detonated orbital weapons platforms, even as others fell to boarding parties of the notorious terminator clad Lamashtu, deployed from teleportarium into the midst of the platform's command bridge, or deposited on the outer hull to bore their way inside with melta-torches and chain blades, slaughtering even as compartments were vented to the outer void. The defenders of Kolgrad had been entirely unprepared for the violence of the attack and even as their defenses tried to compensate, even as the Ghidorah Rex, flagship of the legion plowed its way through frigate picket lines deployed to shield the orbital facilities from the legion's wrath.
Even as the orbital battle turned into a slaughter, the orbiting cruisers unleashed their deadly payloads. Kolgrad was virus-bombed in the opening hour of the engagement.

Even as the atmosphere burned, drop pods descended, securing a landing zone for the armor. Encased in their legion plate, the legionaries were proof against the searing, unbreathable toxin fog the atmostphere had become. With the foe reeling from the disproprtionate violence of the assault, customized and void shielded mastodons, decorated with the aspect of a snarling beast thundered across the plains towards fortress walls, now cleansed of life by the life-eater virus. What fire came from the bunkers glanced harmlessly off of void shields. Where bulkheads had been sealed in time, Mastadon prows rammed through metal walls and unleashed the Behemoth Guard breaching teams into their midst to gun down the survivors.
The only significant obstacle on the planet was the central fortress on the planet's southern continent. More a mountain clad in adamantium than anything else, the higher security protocols had protected the occupants from the initial blast and potent void-hardened weapons arrays protected the fortress from an armored assault by land.
For this pinnacle of the Valsos' defensive architecture, the Behemoth himself descended, flanked by his Unspeakable Court.
Gengrat chose the manner of the citadel's fall with the care of an artist, deciding to deploy Ordinatus Hydra and Ordinatus Dagon, screened by an un-ending horde of the IIXth Grand Company's automata. This was as much for the enemy as it was for him, and he decided to enjoy himself.
He lay back in his dark throne and directed the bellicose machine spirits in the legion manifold, a thousand screaming voices all crying out for blood and singing the ecstasy of destruction.
When the outer wall broke beneath the relentless artillery from Hydra and Dagon and a chorus of lesser guns, Gengrat himself lead the armored assault across the no-man's land in his personal transport, Ancalagon.

With Kolgrad in ruins, Gengrat pushed for the next planet.

Is there a chaotic version of the Imperial Guard in the chaotic Imperium? If so, who would be in the guard?

>Flyer spam
Yeah, that's legit, The Sky Serpents more see it as a means of supporting their ground armor, whereas you guys are fighter aces.

You inter your dead in fighters, the Sky Serpents inter their dead in regular dreds.

Does that work?

>Names
That's a totally fair way to approach it.

The rest of the campaign was not nearly so swift as it had been on Kolgrad-- with the enemy aware of his willingness to use exterminatus class weaponry, further precautions were taken to ensure that fortifications could survive such a first strike.
None the less, faced with such a foe, many worlds capitulated outright and were brought easily into compliance.

However, many held out, their ruling classes knowing that they would never be accepted into the Imperium. These worlds felt the wrath of the Behemoth Guard as they were cleansed in holy atomic fire. These battles became legendary for their bloodshed, as unnacceptably deviant abhumans were herded onto the battlefield by the Behemoth guard to clear minefields and make feints for thrusts. Whenever the world was of little productive capacity, Gengrat polluted the environment, effectively turning the planetside engagements into a perverse parallel to void warfare.
On other worlds, such as the final battle of Valsos Prime, The Behemoth withheld atomics and the greater alchemical weaponry, opting instead for a conventional siege and armored assault.

>>Thought
What do you guys think of Gengrat having the title Behemoth? Too obvious?
Also, what sort of tank his personal pimp-mobile, Ancalagon should be? I was considering a Stormlord, for the Mastadon level transport capacity, but it strikes me as lacking in siege-level dakka, for which I'm thinking of a Stormhammer.
That or he might just have a Mastadon, but it doesn't seem grandiose enough.

>
You inter your dead in fighters

The Hawks don't inter their dead at all. Feeling it traps the spirit.

just reading that paragraph kind of gave me the impression the Serpents were almost uniquely heavy with the fliers, rather than play up the whole encirclement & sorcery thing.

Its cool either way, in saying that - im off to bed, Ill check in on the thread tomorrow.

There would have to be, Infernal Enforcers or some such.

As for who, slaves and cultists mostly I guess.

>it traps the spirit
That's the idea, yeah.

Gotcha. Nah, Sky Serpents love their Fellglaives and Sicarans too much to be flyer centered. It's just that Fire Raptors are faster than conventional artillery and dev squads and Storm Eagles allow deployment as swift as a drop pod, but let you redeploy. The flyers are the fangs and fire of the serpent, the armor and infantry in their APCs are the coils and claws.
Both legions employ aircraft, but in very different ways.

Hahaha.

Hey so fist of mars here, here to ask for some help really. I don't know what to tell you about my chapter as i'm not to involved in the events of the herasy. I'm still looking for someone to strike a mortal blow on me in a fight for the fate of mars during the herasy but it seems mars isn't much of a priority to others. Other than that i think iv set up my post herasy nicely, i think i'll work on an opinions chart for the others legions/primarchs for now and see where that goes.

One other thing, i looked on the wiki and my primarch is listed as [master of mars] however that is the title given to the head of the legion after the primarchs death, his name was Marcus Sinistrum but i don't know how to change it

Alright, let's try that again:

The Legion's tactical doctrine of swift encirclement and mobile warfare means that mobility is highly valued. To this end, nearly every squad is assigned a dedicated transport of some sort, with these vehicles being preferred over jump packs or bikes. Most commonly, this is the rhino. (When the Razorback becomes available, Xun falls in love with it. Volkite razorbacks.... mmmm...)
However, the legion is also well stocked with Land Raiders and Spartan Assault tanks, preferring the latter for deployment of 20 man despoiler squads.
Another common means of transportation for 20 man despoiler squads is the Storm Eagle.

Squads are deployed in notional units of 20, the number of completeness in Tepectitlani culture. When deployed by rhinos or other such transports, the two squads of ten then support each other and fight as one.

The chapter is known for its deployment of armor, preferring Malcadors, Sicarans and Predators over the much slower legion artillery. When Vindicators are deployed, they are usually fielded in a stripped down configuration to allow for greater speed. (Like how Alpha Legion fields them in Book 6)
To augment this arsenal, the legion also makes use of aircraft such as the Fire Raptor.

In the legion's thought, the airborne infantry and weaponry are the Fangs and Fire of the Serpent, to snap out of nowhere and deliver a killing blow. (The teleportarium deployed terminators also fall into this category)
The tanks and mounted infantry are the Coils and Claws of the Serpent, confining and disembowling the enemy.

Hmm, well, what do you want to do during hte heresy? I think Gengrat would probably make a pretty great foe on Mars, have you looked at the stuff on him?

Is the Master of Mars unnamed?

The Legion shows a marked fondness for Volkite weaponry, and devotes a great deal of effort to maintaining and producing the otherwise arcane weapons. This is because the legion sees Volkite weaponry as an idea solution to the problem of how to deal with foes with extensive numerical superiority. Because the legion's deployment is mobile, it runs the risk of being cut off and unable to take a defensive posture. Volkite weaponry has the range and destructive capacity to hold off a foe while the legionaries dig in.

The exception to this general mode of deployment is seen in specialized linebreaker formations, which are generally held in reserve until the killing blow is to be struck. This is where the legion fields its Mastadons and Typhons and Dreadnaughts, as well as terminators and breaching units.

Psykers are relatively common in the legion, and are deployed as widely as possible. I'll type up a bit more later, but basically they do scrying on the enemy and communicate with one another to enhance cohesion in addition to killing yaks at 500 yards with MIND BULLETS. So how the Storm Seers of the White Scars are Chaplains + Librarians, these guys are Vigilator/Master of Signals + Librarians.

Basically, if we were to write up crunch, they'd have a unique consul type for them--still working on the name.
They might even have a rule like the Word Bearers Burning Lore or be able to upgrade a Praetor to a psyker for XX points like an Iron Warriors War Smith.

They'd probably have a rule to upgrade a tac squad to volkite for XXX points as well. And probably their LA rules would include scout. Really, it would probably look a lot like the White Scars with a provision that their compulsory troops must have DCs.

Likely in this universe, it's the Sky Serpents that invent the Damocles, which will have to get a cool Mesoamerican or Chinese sounding name.

While I'm at it, I'm thinking there's an elite terminator guard, that I'm oh-so-cleverly thinking of calling Jaguar Warriors.
I'm imagining that the legion as a whole makes widespread use of glaives and macuahuitls, and these Jaguar Warriors would have a volkite in one hand and a macuahuitl in the other, and probably rad grenades/rad missile launchers, since these guys are for breaching and storming the gap.

I also imagine that they make widespread use of modified destroyer squads, since their weapons provide a means of compensating when outnumbered. They'd seldom use phosphex, but make use of rad weapons and maybe flamers or better, those mechanicum rad cleansers.

In a similar vein, they'd probably be fond of Lightning guns, but that's mostly for the visual and symbolic effect, rather than any strategic benefit.

So I'm thinking that they're distinct from the Angels of Light in that the Angels do much more jet-bikes and straightforwards assaults,
from the Behemoth Guard in that they are heavy armor and nasty weapons straight to the face partying like it's 1916,
from the Second Sons in that they aren't nearly so "dirty" with their weaponry,
from the Warhawks in that their air cav is part of a two pronged approach with their ground forces and the focus for the Sky Serpents is 'confine the enemy with speed and confusion and then hit them like a ton of bricks' rather than 'ambush from ten sides', the effect is similar, but for the Sky Serpents, confusion is the weapon and speed is a good way to achieve that,
and from the Fists of Mars by not being cyborgs, but I don't know enough about what they fight like to really go further.

Atlatl pattern whirlwinds?

Yes!
Think that would be in addition to the Scorpius Pattern or a new pattern?

Speaking of tank patterns: Storm Hammers have been depicted with something similar in concept and capabilities to the Baal Predator and Land Raider Crusader in their 'sample organization' pic.

I'd make a new pattern.

Speaking of patterns, the Undying Scions are capable of constructing dreadnought sized power swords and grav weapons, because their primarch had them.

Nice. Mind sharing the STC? :p

Also I'm thinking that when Engerand and Xun became close, Xun forged him a hammer with a better name than the Storm Hammer. Malleus Tempestuous?

Hell yeah. You guys are probably experienced enough with enterment to make effective and prolonged use of the Leviathan pattern.

Oh, definitely. Hmm, what do you all think of dreadnought sized force weapons?

Precedents exist in canon and the Sky Serpents could fabricate them and have the psytek expertise.

How about specialized dreadnought arms that are made to grip things but aren't necessarily weapons. The dreadnoughts are active for longer than those in any other legion so they'd need to be able to do more than just fight.

Don't see why that isn't possible, in Betrayer Lotara places cards with a dreadnought. Granted he can't hold the cards in his big robot claws of doom, so they use a servitor intermediary, but I'd imagine that if they hardwired a servitor brain or two to the fine manipulators to reduce cognitive strain on the occupant, a dreadnought could be awake full time and have (relatively) fine motor control.

So 1st the master of mars is as of now unnamed. His character isn't overly important until after the heresy and most other people are still talking about what their doing during the heresy.

Gengrat and the behemoth's are pretty cool and i agree that he would make a good foe in the fight for mars if he wants to be a part of that. Also as part of that whole thing i was wondering what everyones opinion on the void dragon and mars ultimate fate is, Mars could either be destroyed in the fight or taken for chaos and either way that could wake the void dragon which would be a very big deal.

Many people are talking about their legion wartime capabilities and tactical preferences. My Fists of Mars specialize In two things.

Their most signature tactic is combined mechanical warfare, air and sky heavy ordinance. Powerful tanks, many types of rhino such as the predator and whirlwind. as for the sky the use heavily outfitted thunder hawk gunships although air superiority is not their priority

Their infantry tactics heavily rely on use of devastator squads using weapons such as the heavy bolter, lascannon, plasma cannon and rarer examples of missile launchers. As the fists of mars make heavy use of technological improvements it is most common for marines to have a combination of utility and ballistic mechadendrites used to help reload their heavy weapons and for defence during said reload periods

The marine forces of the fists are supported by Skitarii squads in place of scout marines and in many cases mixed into other squads as needed

all this being said the due to the mechanicus forge worlds and high productions capabilities the fists enjoy a great deal of flexibility in armaments and can make use of this to alter their preferred combat tactics to fit the needs of their foe's when their is time to plan ahead

I know i said id do a relationship chart, that's still coming

Gotta say, Asunder doesn't sound like it's more grimdark than standard 40k. The Emperor is an actual warp deity protecting humanity with a fuck huge warp storm, We have noblebright Kor who are all peace and love with Eldar, Tau and fucking chaos worshippers. Oathsworn are basically Dark Angels with their half of a legion is helping chaos, the other loyalists, and their primarch is MIA and unable to give orders to either of them.

The warmaster is a keikaku manlet. and the Storm Hammers are Sigmarines. The Angels of Light, despite their stupid fucking name, at least have a sense of brutality and are pretty good eastern roman empire analogues to the fallen west. Not to mention all the pro-psyker primarchs I can't imagine a council of Nikea. Yet somehow even with massive warpstorms and people unable to hold the Imperium together without the astronomicon, we get soul binding and other psyker restraint methods passed out to the legions.

I agree with the spirit of this post, no astronomicon should be a way bigger deal and i gotta say i feel the Kor, Extropian Collective and Oathsworn are all really not 40k enough. everything else is pretty good in my eyes though

More of this stuff. With a screencap for recap. Again, all input welcome. It's taking me a while to get on to how these guys could relate to everyone else, mostly because I'm building them from scratch here.

(1/4probably)

PHYSIOLOGY

As an Archeotect ascends in favour and personal power, less can be said for sure about the intricacies of his physiology, as the nation as a whole encourages – even requires, in many instances – further and further levels of self-experimentation. The long term effects of vitae usage have, however, set the nomadic explorers apart from the rest of mankind. Even before their first alterations are programmed into their flesh, Archeotects tend towards tall, lean builds, their skin generally paler than perhaps normal. Millennia of gene therapy and careful eugenics have increased their baseline lifespan immensely and enhanced most of their physical functions. Every Archeotect is born with a cluster of self-replicating vitae nests located in the vicinity of his or her heart, waiting for the day they come of age and have the nanobots activated, initiating the first of many metamorphic processes to come.

(2/4probably)

The first of these changes are purely practical. Alterations to the cerebral cortex and nervous system enhance the Archeotect’s coordination and reflexes, as well as connecting them to the electromagnetic means of communication utilized by Archeotects. Biological muscle is threaded with artificial reinforcement, bone is hardened, and senses are fine-tuned. At this stage, an Archeotect is considered a citizen proper of the nation, bestowed the rank of neonate, and is deemed fit to participate fully in the great archeology.

As an Archeotect ascends in rank or station, they have access to further, more elaborate programming and physical reinforcement, and greater freedom to do as they choose with their physiology. It is not uncommon for Archeotect nobility to display terrifying feats of celerity and strength, or demonstrate hosts of integrated systems, from simple power blades to sophisticated nanotech swarm weaponry. Many of the most advanced Archeotects have left their human forms behind entirely, transforming bodies into shells of shifting adamantium and flowing vitae.

(3/3)

OPINIONS

A rough outline of how these guys would feel about the other factions. I’m being general here, because I’d like to withhold opinions about specific Crusader States and such until I have a fuller understanding of how they all function.

The Crusader States: All astartes, no matter how personally valorous they may be, are remnants of a great folly, and genetic mistakes of the highest order. Archeotects can personally like a Marine, even respect them for their qualities, but when all is said and done, they view the astartes as intrinsically flawed as a result of their heritage. They are better neighbours than the forces of Chaos, but they have to go eventually.

The Dark Imperium: Proof of the Emperor’s failings. A mistake that must one day be fixed. Only through the search for perfection will mankind prevail over this terror.

Orks: Clearly genetically tampered with, for a specific purpose. Fascinating, though attempts at replicating a similarly tenacious warrior race have been disastrous. Endeavours to drain the innate knowledge of ‘mekboys’ have been far more profitable, and are encouraged whenever possible.

Eldar: The tell-tale signs of genetic engineering are here too. It would be advantageous to understand how psychic potential can be fine-tuned in such a way. In many ways, the Eldar are preferable allies, and have more in common with Archeotects than many humans. House Gehennict and House Voldare in particular have regular dealings with certain corsair or Commorite fleets.

Tau: Very promising. Far too naïve, however.
Necrons: Yet another fallen empire, no doubt responsible for its own demise. Still, there is much to be picked from their bones…

Tyranids: Flesh must be tempered with the cold efficiency of adamantium to be truly worthwhile. Still, they are a wellspring for fresh ideas.

No Astronomicon is a big part why we have fractious crusader states. You can only "safely" travel short distances near an Astral Beacon, so you end up with independant isolated states who rule their corner of the galaxy.

It all looks badass but right now the Judgement Bringers and Knights Exemplar look too similar. For reference this was my idea of what they looked like post-heresy I guess

Yeah, totally down for that. Throwdown on Mars.