Warhammer 40k General

PLANET MURDER, HELL OF SPIDERLAND - edition

> Codexes
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

This thread needs bingo! Today's free tile is "Oldfags bitching about forgeworld"

new eldar faq out

What model is this?

Striking Scorpion, with what looks like an Autarch's head

Sky claws or Blood claws? Or both? What should I equip them with and what should my tactics be?

i say its a kitbash, meant to represent either a dire avenger exarch or autarch.

That's an illegal model/unit, and nobody in their right mind would agree to let you use them.

Converted autarch, I'd guess. Bits I think I can spot are warlock legs, scorpion exarch chainsword, scorpion helmet (with a different crest), and warp spider body. I think.

Its the fucking eldar autarch with sword, warp jump generator, mandiblasters (not banshee mask) and fusion gun model. then its arms got replaced with the arms and 2 handed sword of the striking scorpions exarch.

Seems like a pretty easy conversion to make and it looks good.

>iyanden supplement is brought back from the dead by faq

welp eldar got buffed like everyone said they would

They fixed the warp spider bullshit though.

Great, they fixed the warp spider bullshit. Except I'll never get to see that happen because my store boycotted our one eldar player so hard in 7e that he quit the game.

I haven't played against eldar in over a year.. All of the waacfagging and getting tabled on turn 2 seems almost like a distant memory now.. I can still hear the echoes of one tourneyfag claiming that "I play illyanden because it's fluffy and cool".

Would a kind user give me the tl;dr of the new FAQ, the dark eldar one to be specific.

I can't access it right now.

Warp Spiders are no longer 6+2d6", now they're just 2d6 flickerjump.

Explain?

What possible circumstances enable posting on Veeky Forums but do not enable going to Facebook?

>ban someone because they play a certain army
Is this bait?

RaW, they used to be able to jump every time they were targeted by a shooting attack. Now it's once per turn.

I'm out in a poor connection spot, on my phone and their images take 10 years to load.

maybe he doesn't like facebook or still uses myspace

>mfw I just did that because I thought it was 1 per turn
And nothing of value was lost

No, it's not at all. The eldar player in question was a diehard cheater and waacfag of the most extreme degree possible. He would do things like have 600 additional points worth of models in casual games, bring 6 squads of wraithguard in wave serpents with a full bike-council and wraithknight in 1850 games, and sometimes even bring revenant titans to casual games.

That he was effectively banned from the store was something that had been coming for a long time. The initial outcry against eldar in 7e was what finally tipped it over a breaking point to him being outright banned.

He used to be a good friend of mine too, but now he never speaks to me, and outright pretends I doesn't exist whenever we see each other.

Are you really that bad at rules?

Flicker jump was always 2d6, it's their regular Warp Jump that 6+2d6.

Lads

1/2

2/2

You mean the flickerjump WASN'T 6+2d6"? Whelp, I'll chalk that up to more of eldarfag's blatant cheating. I've never read the eldar codex, so I know nothing about it except for the bullshit that eldarfag told me.

First GW nerfed regular Dark Eldar by forcing them to snapfire when their transports jink.

Now they've nerfed Covens by preventing Freakish Spectacle from stacking.

Is there legitimately any reason left to play an army that isn't Marines, Eldar, Tau, or Necrons? Because the message I'm getting from GW is that if you aren't one of the developer's pet armies, you can pretty much fuck off and die.

>not reading trough the dexes of other races.

Not saying that cheating is ok, but nigga, you brought that on yourself.

As an Eldarfag I've got no idea how people could have thought that flickerjump was 2D6+6" to begin with. In essence all you do is take the bonus 2D6" provided by your jump generator in a different phase.

Just had a game against space marines as Guard. Got my ass kicked.

He ran the usual smattering of Sternguard in drop pods, termies in a land raider, et cetera. But one thing that REALLY got my goat was this combo:

>Centurion Devastators with lascannons
>pop 'em in ruins
>Thunderfire Cannon, techmarine turns ruins into a 3+
>attach Librarian, roll Geokinesis
He rolled Phase form. That's annoying, but in combination with everything else it becomes straight-up unbeatable. That's multi-wound T5 2+ dudes hiding in 3+ cover with 48" twin-linked, Tank Hunting S9AP2 weaponry.

He popped a wyvern on turn 1 and then popped one of my objective-hunting chimeras each turn afterwards until I conceded. Maybe I was a fool to roll mechanized against that kind of firepower, but what else could I do?! The only thing that can kill that before it claims 2 or 3 times its value in points is a Deathstrike Missile; everything else either doesn't have enough AP or can't ignore cover or doesn't have the range or has to rely on bouncing wounds until he fails a save, and he'd have to do so 6 times!

Is this the kind of crap Space Marines bring against Eldar?!

>Is this the kind of crap Space Marines bring against Eldar?!
Not really, looks like a fairly casual list.

I think against eldar they bring grav centurions rather than lascannon ones. Not much consolation, I realise.

> Centurions with Lascannons
user, this is actually pretty normal and not broken at all. If he wanted to smack your ass and make you his personal bitch, he would have given them grav-cannons. TL-Lascannons on cents is a highly unoptimal option, that is okay for casual games.

Thunderfire Cannon makes for a great combo though. You went up against a semi-casual list. It's just that what is semi-casual for space marines tends to do really well against competitive guard anyway.

You need to bring Leman Russ tanks, preferably with that mini-formation with a techpriest, since lascannons struggle against AV14, especially AV14 that repairs itself and doesn't care about shaken/stunned. As well, your 72" range guns give you insurance if he brings Grav-cents, since you can just outrange them like a motherfucker.

>against that kind of firepower

It's like three Lascannon shots a turn. So long as you don't drive out in the open you'll have a cover save to keep them partially protected. Even if you don't, statistically you won't lose all three Hull Points and your opponent is going to be fishing for 6+'s to explode them. Sounds more like he had a string of good luck than anything else, because while it's going to be absolute hell to kill them, they really don't put out an enormous amount of firepower.

Every time facing anything in 7th with my SoB

A lot of things sound so broken that I assume people are reading their rules wrong. I'm looking at you cheap and never dead Necrons.

>Tanks
I lost any tanks I could put against that to a Sternguard buttfucking on turn 1. No Leman Russ squadron can survive 5 meltas to the ass.

And I don't have enough tank models to run the formation.

Pff necron are old hat, nowadays Iron hands are even worse, as long as there's no ID weapons they are tougher than crons.

>if you aren't one of the developer's pet armies, you can pretty much fuck off and die.

This should be the tagline of 40k

Cover save

user's opponent rolled Phase Form with his librarian. The Centurions were ignoring cover AND line-of-sight.

Just got into this shit and I need some help picking out an army I want to focus on. I've only played Orks and IG so far, so I don't know too much, but tell me if this is accurate:

-Orks: fuck ton of infantry, strategy is to overwhelm and then beat them with sticks to death

-IG: similar to Orks, but instead of beating them with sticks, you beat them with bullets (also tanks)

-Space Marins: standard, not too good not too bad

-Eldar: fight from the mid range and play defensively by using your guns and cool ass mech things

-Dark Eldar: light as paper, but can go in fast, attack, then dip

-Chaos: i have no fucking clue

-Tau: play from afar and run like hell if they get up close

-Tyranids: similar to Orks

>don't have enough tank models to run the formation
Wrong army them.

I assume the ridicules amount of melta weapons SoB should be enough to compensate that.
Unlike Necrons that just ignore it.

damn, sounds like you got fucked

i suggests you get some psykers so you can start denying or at least getting some powers of your own up

>Space Marins: standard, not too good not too bad

Oh, user....

Ah, my mistake then. I've never seen anyone use that power before.

-Necrons: March your gunline up the board in plain sight as if you're fighting a gentleman's war in the 17th century - win anyway.

>-Orks: fuck ton of infantry, strategy is to overwhelm and then beat them with sticks to death
This plus shitloads of scavenged cannons, tanks, robots and whatnot.
Quantity over quality

>-IG: similar to Orks, but instead of beating them with sticks, you beat them with bullets (also tanks)
And drown them in warm bodie

>-Space Marins: standard, not too good not too bad
One of the strongest armies in the game

>-Eldar: fight from the mid range and play defensively by using your guns and cool ass mech things
>defensively
Nope, rush and rape, only defensive part is making sure to engage on you terms.

>-Dark Eldar: light as paper, but can go in fast, attack, then die
light as paper, but can go in fast, hit like a box of eggs on a tank, end result it like that too.

>-Chaos: i have no fucking clue
neither do they

>-Tau: play from afar and run like hell if they get up close
more like rush at the enemy, shot them to shit, retreat into cover all day err day meanwhile missiles are raining on the enemy.

>-Tyranids: similar to Orks
pretty much, just more meat, less metal

Need more bubble wrap.
Melta drop pods can't do shit when their 13" away from the rear armour due to that many dudes in their way.

>but I want to ignore half my codex to run all tanks.

Then maybe an Aegis defense line with camo netting for a 3+ save.

Also maybe place the rear armour close enough to the table edge to keep them from getting behind you.

Well, fuck you, then. You're telling me I can't play against a casual space marine list until I own another two Russes?

Or Valkyries, or some other thing you spam.

Only top tier armies get to have variety.

You get to spam one aspect of your army untill it's impossible to deal with in 6 turns.

Marines casual models equal your good ones.

>+1 Ballistic skill wave serpents
Uh oh

when taken as transports for the formation.

NEW SPACE MARINE CHAPTER ADDED SOON!

Bit of an old picture there, pal.

Are SJW retarded or what? They could be making money and fame, but nooo they need to push their mental disorders.

Sorry, Corporate_Jew_Master posted it only today on RPGGodex, I didn't know it was old!

t. DragoFireheart

>They could be making money and fame,
How exactly? Imagine you have no talent for anything, and a useless Gender Studies degree.

How do you make money and fame without being an e-victim.

Ruh oh

Maybe with said game in the picture, could be a cool simple SoB or any other faction little game.

Side note are gender studies real? I always thought it was an Internet joke. Since we have to worry to survive here on the third world. (Not really I just like to make People feel bad about their bitching)

God-Emperor, user, I didn't say I wanted to play in tournaments! I asked how to counter a specific combo, which is apparently casual-tier. I did NOT ask to be told that I only ever need to run EXACTLY one army in EXACTLY one way!

THAT'S WHAT MY OPPONENT WAS DOING.

Every single game he runs the exact same thing:

>Imperial Fists
>Lysander in a squad of termies in a Land Raider Redeemer
>at least 1 Sternguard w/ meltas in a drop pod
>tacticals in rhinos as list filler
>Centurion Devastators w/ lascannons hunkered down in cover somewhere with an attached Librarian rolling on Geokinesis, or behind an aegis line if the cover's shit
>scouts with sniper rifles and ONE missile launcher
>Thunderfire cannon

When I asked him why he always ran this army, he simply said he liked Imperial Fists. Never mind that your models aren't even YELLOW, and they look like some wierd too-thick-painted mashup between Grey Knights and Ultramarines, you run Fists. Every time. You run Lysander. Every time.

I only took a game with this guy because I'm moving soon and I wanted a game in before I left. Might as well have sat in a corner and read a book; I had about as much fun.

>Side note are gender studies real? I always thought it was an Internet joke

What exactly do you think women study so much in colleges that they make up the majority there nowadays? Computer science? Medicine? You need actual 120+ IQ for that.

no tyranid is fmc spam

hit me on 6's and deal with 48 s6

This. And people wonder why the cost of higher education has skyrocketed.

Social studies, you know where they park the useless professors.

Yes Ive known girls majoring in it

>not taking art classes where you can slack off for an hour drawing naked chicks

Well here most of them study psychology, law, economics, general teacher (school teacher I do not know the English term), medicine and lastly engineer.

Like I don't know normal and average people. Getting a degree is not hard. A doctorate and a master maybe.

Anyway back to 40k.

Would anyone be mad in a non tournament scene about SoB using apocalypse formation in non apoc games?

>Not spending your time painting up your army.

>Would anyone be mad in a non tournament scene about SoB using apocalypse formation in non apoc games?
Yes.
Someone will.

>I did NOT ask to be told that I only ever need to run EXACTLY one army in EXACTLY one way!

The sad fact is that 40k is the least balanced its ever been right now. There's always been a gulf between the most and least powerful armies, but in previous editions, casual play more or less evened things out. That isn't the case any more. The prevalence of army-wide special rules, Formation/Detachment bonuses, and other global buffs mean even a weak list from a strong codex will often outclass a 'good' list from a poor codex. If you play Guard, Orks, Tyranids, Dark Eldar, or Chaos Marines, you pretty much have to rely on spamming the most powerful formations you have available even if you just want to play casually.

The alternative is just to move on to another game. There's no shame in that, and given the atrocious way GW has treated both its fans and its own ruleset, it's perhaps the best option available. Because there's absolutely no sign this trend is going to change any time soon.

Considering the state of Western universities, I genuinely would rather not even try this, because it wouldn't be a surprise at all if they forced you to draw some naked obsese landwhale with blue hair (including armpit hair).

i wouldn't suggest it because someone else will pull out their apoc formation, you don't wanna face the the great cavalcade of exquisite excess. trust me.

One of my jobs was being a nude model for art classes. Back then I was rather chubby, so art teacher would drool over that for some odd reason. Something about light and contrast.

Side note I got to be naked in front of a bunch of prude girls. There was some small satisfaction about their confused faces of arousel and guilt.

Did anyone ever comment on your small dick?

I will never believe this. There's no way anyone would want to draw men naked unless they're Zyzz tier.

Yes. All though only the non prude said anything. Which ended in some fun Dark Heresy games.

Then they get demerits form incomplete assignments.

>Pointing out that no, a Warp Spyder can only jump once is listed under eratta rather than FAQ

I know the wording wasn't watertight so waacfags had room to rules lawyer it but for fuck's sake it was clear as glass with the tiniest modicum of reading comprehension.

I'm a draw/fag/ actually I have a Drawing from art school

Abnormalities are very VERY sought after in models for figure drawing
There is excess information, in he model, that makes the excercise more potent
A large part of drawing is "drawing what you see, not what you think"
having less idealized models help to cultivate a naturalistic/realistic attitude and benefits the students' progression

But honestly now a days its hard enough to find money to pay the models, so you take whatever you can get

>Iyanden supplement FAQed as valid

Fluffy all wraith lists, lads!

> Excusing waacfaggotry with "But it's fluffy"
You are part of the reason why eldar are the pinnacle of scum in this hobby. Beyond even the tau faggots that bring 5 riptides to casual games.

>Space Marines: standard, not too good not too bad
user, you are adorable... they are one of the strongest armies in the game.

>Chaos: i have no fucking clue
Chaos are space marines that cost more and do less with a fraction of the options.

There are also daemons, who can range from quite weak to above average, depending on what type of army you build. Pick them if you like giant horrible monsters and RANDOM.

not to mention it's out of print, both physical and digital. perhaps this means it'll get a reprint?

it's for the purpose of learning

You get people to draw boring shit and ugly people to improve their skills, instead of asking them to draw nothing but laser cannons, dinosaurs, and supermodels.

Can Wraiths actually jump good?

>laser cannons, dinosaurs, and supermodels
The laser cannons sounds like they could be challenging. The more complex the better.
>Dinosaurs
Might be fun. You can design the next CSM dinobot.

In theory you're pretty much spot on, but in practice its more like:

-Orks: Do whatever and lose 80% of your games.

-IG: Tanks and artillery(Wyverns) bubble-wrapped with little guys.

-Space Marines: Thousands of ways you can play them. Very flexible as far as making strong army lists.

-Eldar: Do whatever and win all your games. You have to intentionally make a bad list to lose with these guys.

-Dark Eldar: "light as paper, but can go in fast, attack, then dip"
Sounds about right, I know nothing about Dark Eldar.

-Chaos: What he said, probably up there with Orks as far as bad armies go. I know because I play them...

-Tau: Shoot and win.

-Tyranids: Another army I play, and one of the most misunderstood armies and can be decent. They aren't an assault army, at least not anymore in this meta. They're a mid-range shooting army. There's ways to make them feasible, but it requires spamming the hell out of one unit and very specific lists. If you play it any other way its shit tier like Chaos and Orks.

But like I tell all people who ask about which army to play, this is all from a competitive perspective. Which seems to be the default on Veeky Forums for some reason. Tons of people don't give a shit about that and just play with their buddies casually. If you're one of those then ignore all this and just focus on what you find appealing/cool.

Whelp technically it is fluffy.

Good thing fluffy doesn't mean fun.

What year do you think it will be when Codex: Cultists and Heldrakes finally gets an update?

>tfw I was starting an Iyanden army at the tail end of 6th.

I have like 3 boxes of un-built wraith stuff that's not even worth the time building now.

Seeing as wraithblades and wraithlords are part of it, itos only broken if you cheese for it.

>Fuck dark eldar 2

>The fukkening

what did we do to deserve this

Never Ever

Nah, you don't get it. Drawing/painting/whatevering real things is relevant for building skills. Not just imaginary stuff.

this guy said it much more eloquently than I did

>what did we do to deserve this
You asked stupid question they then had to painstakingly explain to you.

So anons, I was at my LGS when some rando asks me if I want to play a 1500 point game against his tau. I say sure and tell him I'm playing CSM. Dude puts 3 riptides on the table, so I take out my greater brass scorpion. He tells me that it's cheesy and that he won't play against me if I bring it, so I just call off the game. What's the deal? Aren't riptides pretty fucking cheesy too?