MtG Spoilers

>Chaos Reveler
>Creature - Devil Horror
>~ costs 1 less to play for each instant or sorcery card in your graveyard.
>Prowess
>When ~ enters the battlefield discard your hand and draw three cards.
>3/4

So i guess prowess is the new U/R evergreen?

Will U/R prowess become tier 1 standard?

>When ~ enters the battlefield discard your hand and draw three cards.
>draw three cards

Welp modern delver is suddenly a thing again.

This and Sin Prodder is kind of cute

Lack of playable burn or cantrips is kind of damning

It can make a good U/R deck into a great U/R deck. But I don't think U/R has the tools to be even a semi-decent deck in standard.

>So i guess prowess is the new U/R evergreen?
Ever since Origins, yeah

Slip through space is fun

Expedite can be useful as a cantrip and on creatures that don't have haste inherently and can work as a cheap prowess trigger

I'm expecting a preemptive ban in Modern, ala Treasure Cruise.

I think this is more of a Burn card than Delver one. The fact that you can, essentially, draw 3 cards for RR on turn.

3/4 Prowess is a decent body for Modern, but it loses to many of the staple big creatures, unless your prowess it twice or so.

Delver doesn't really care about the body, it only cares about the discard hand draw three etb ability.

This thing is literally a walking treasure cruise for two red, with the added benefit of complementing snapcaster mage shenanigans, its going to see play in delver because it basically gives delver a fresh hand on turn 4 and onwards.

>Devil Horror
>Thing in the Ice doesn't hit it.

Not sure if a good or a bad thing.

Lavamancer gets Modern play, right? I'm sure he and this devil will be great friends.

Put it in the same deck as TITI :^)

This will get banned so fast it's not even funny. Oh, and it doesn't even die to bolt BEFORE prowess. And it doesn't delve. Hahahaha.

Thing in the ice doesn't hold a candle to the amount of value young pyromancer generates.

Think the last mythic will be the Ospid Horror?

>shit mythic
I'm okay with it.

Discard Emrakul.dec? Maybe as a 1 of in Tron?

Ehhhhh.......

>can't target players
>sorcery speed

why even bother print the card if development will fucking defang it of any value.

Stuffy doll

>creatures and/or planeswalkers

OPINION?

>creatures/planeswalkers
>not players

>nigger vampire dressed in white

Fuck, rtfc indeed

Boros Reckoner might be better

IT'S GOOD

>Look ma, I said nigger!

>Instant speed
>Can target players

Okay, let's see...

>turn 3 pass
>opponent plays on tempo with a 3-drop
>play your instant-speed player-targeting nahiri's wrath, discarding two emrakuls and targeting their face
gg no re

Is this a modern player's idea of balance?

>Opponent plays CoCo
>flash in this
>LOL DOOM BLADE XD
>CoCo activates anyway

>Read the text first
>eyes bulged out of my face in excitement
>see mana cost
Into the trash it goes.

>This
>Rattlechains
>Permeating Mass
>Selfless Soul

Standard spirit tribal confirmed

You can permanently exile the spell if you bounce the creature.

>Nahiri's wrath, discard useless shit to hit swans
>Swans draws you a fuckton of cards, repeat
>Effectively Draw x cards for 3

>I can't read

>>Selfless Soul
I think you mean "Selfcest Soul" user

Looks pretty fucking good as it is.

Is there a way to deny the leave the battlefield effect and abuse it?

>When Spell Queller LEAVES the battlefield

Could be useful, looks like spirits will be a decent tempo deck overall.

Was interested in playing UW spirits actually but the best decks will probably spash green in for CoCo as usual.

Spell Queller enters, Trigger goes on stack to exile spell.

Bounce the creature in response, 2nd trigger goes on stack and resolves before the first trigger does.

Its just like Oblivion ring

Since the effect is in 2 different abilities, can't you bounce if with etb on the stack to exile for good ala O ring?

>new toys for standard spirits

My Rattlechains is hard.

Purposefully block a Permeating Mass with it, any other effect that makes the creature lose its card text without making it leave the battlefield.

Other than that, can't think of any.

Veeky Forums being bad strikes again. You bounce it in response to the ETB trigger, fools.

2 lines of text.
You can stack the triggers

4x this and 4x reflector mages

fuck bant is going to be so annoying

>gatewatch see eldrazi "oh shit, we gotta stop it"
>nahiri and sorin both see eldrazi and just go "well, this place is gone to shit, better piss on the ashes."
I'm torn because this is clearly just an excuse to push the gatewatch as the designated good guys, but also it's really hard to side with the other walkers in this scenario.

At last an addition to my casual UW spirits modern deck

>4+CMC to exile a target spell with converted mana cost 4 or less.
Yeah, that seems like an awful combo.

Everybody knows the designated good guys are Gisa, Geralf, Lilliana and Ludevic. They're the ones who actually live on the plane and prefer it not be devoured by a cosmic eldritch horror.

How? It's never gonna happen when they don't want to print cheap cantrips or burn.

>I want a 2R burn spell that could easily OTK an opponent from 20!
Okay.

You can use Eldrazi to move the card from exile to the graveyard, or counter the 'leaves the battlefield' trigger with something like summary dismissal.

Why can't this this cost 1 red, would be strictly better Firestorm in Dredge.

Do they interact the way I think they do?

I think you just answered your own question.

I don't know what you're thinking, but probably not.

1WUU
As an additional cost to cast COMBO, discard a card
Exile target spell with converted mana cost 4 or less
Put a 3/4 white and blue spirit creature with flying onto the battlefield

Yes, as stated earlier.

Spell Queller enters, Trigger goes on stack to exile spell.

Essence flux the creature in response, 2nd trigger goes on stack and resolves before the first trigger does. First trigger then resolves exiling a spell.

Permanently exiling? I think they do if you cast in response to the ETB trigger.

Just having a +1/+1 counter isn't very strong tho

What, you DON'T want to play Channel+Fireball in Standard?

Well guys, I've tried my hand at speculating for the first time, just bought a small pile of foil Drogskol Captains on TCG, wish me luck.

True but goddamn, I wish after years of rips, cages, DRSs and containment priests they could at least print some sideboard love.
Although I take my words back, it's not strictly better since it can't hit face, which is just about always needed vs RUG delver.

Technically, couldn't you use this to exile multiple spells as well? Assuming they play more than one, you could get the normal Ring style counter as it enters again.

>1WUU and two cards to exile a less-than-4CMC spell and put a 3/4 flying spirit on the battlefield at instant speed.

Okay, that's a little better, I'll admit.

If you cast essence flux in response with the etb trigger still on the stack, then yes, yes it does.

>T3 kill via Mogg Maniac

sorin did nothing wrong though

Only scrubs don't want to lose all the time to sweaty nerds from rich families who spent all their inheritance money on cardboard.

I guess this would only work if they castethe second spell as a response to something (either the first spell or Spell Queller itself) still on the stack?

Yeah. Mostly useful in multiplayer games. I could see this guy being fun in flicker EDH decks.

Assuming all those spells are

HYPE
Y
P
E

As close to FoF as we are going to get I suppose. Thank gods at least you get to pick the pile.

Yeah, though if its a counter spell I doubt it would resolve. Still a good thing to keep in mind, even if the last one is the more limited version.

>XX
I fucking hate spells with this cost

>another shitty version of an old good card

could they just fuck off? who wants to see good but balanced cards nerfed into garbage over and over again?

This is hilarious.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

This seems nice. It'll spawn a couple zombies and potentially kill something.

If you already have enough zombies out, its also possible to use it as a one mana kill spell.

Funny how this can be SB tech against zombies.dec to kill off one massive zombie

As always, black's greatest enemy is black itself.

>can't target players

Oh I see, so that's the direction red is taking. I was just thinking it would be OK to make a burn spell at mythic rarity that could target everything just to make for the shitty red neutering over the past year but no.

This card makes me want to drop entirely though. WB aggro just gets better

Just think about how that card would be if it could target players

Interesting concept. Sadly it's shit and just another overnerfed version of Fact or fiction

It looks like a black version of pic related

if that card could target players it would be a blowout.

discard two emrakuls, deal 26 damage

Kill it before the exile effect resolves.

>oh man why did he put one card in the face-down pile it must be something great
>FACE DOWN PILE
>it's a fucking basic forest

Blink it while the exile trigger is on the stack.

>wanting discard emracool.dec

I too am a fan of interesting and interactive magic

Better get practicing your body language signals

Yes.

>"You can either get the shadowland and counterspell you need, or you can trade it all in for what's in this box."
>"The box, THE BOX!"

It's even more baffling considering I don't play any basic lands in this deck.

nice backpedaling faggot.

And you're paying 4+ CMC to exile target spell and also have the spirit back in your hand to counter a second spell.