Connected to DocWagonNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>BasicFirstAid.sklchp
>DocWagonBrochure.pdf
>Toxins and You: What should you do if they hit.trid
>Anatomy.knowsoft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 26 (94% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled ''Healing Items Sale: Up to 50% On Medkits, Patches and Bandages"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Therapy.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

What's the last big injury your runner got? When was the last time you saved your Chummer from near death? Who is your resident medic?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895
youtube.com/watch?v=PHkW-RKBXK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Never listen to an ex lone star's suggestion to take on gangers head on.

And said lone star guy was also our healer

I have a different question:
What's the most interesting setting you've played shadowrun in?

Caribbean islands?
Amazonian favelas?
Chinese high rises?
A space base?
Or maybe you had a really interesting take on Seattle?

I've been thinking of running a game, and I'd like some inspiration.

Congrats, you just deleted the whole Evotec online catalogue for cyberwear. Expect an HTR squad at your door in under 30 minutes, omae.

I ran a Shadowrun set in San Francisco during the Japanese occupation and martial law.

Mind you, I suck at running games, and it died for various reasons after a few sessions because as I mentioned, I suck.

Reposting in a newer thread

I've had a long commute to work recently, which gave me time to get some gears spinning, and started thinking about running shorter vignette kinda games in the world. Something so the players learn more about other other side of the shadows, and some more world lore stuff. For the first one, I've settled on a True Detective style game set in Detroit, with both players as Knight Errant detectives, as they slowly uncover just how awful their mother corp is (taking a lot of inspiration from The Wire as well).

Right now, I'm thinking of starting with a good old fashioned murder investigation, where the victim was killed by experimental Ares weaponry (dunno what yet), which when tracked will reveal it was given to gangers to test out its effectiveness...but I don't have much beyond that yet. I do know I want to work in the Black Lodge somehow, since they seem like really good villains for detectives, and make much of the drama come from not being able to trust anyone (the everpresent corporate overlords, and not knowing who's in the lodge)

Any thoughts on grander plots? Preferably something that can be done in 10 good sessions, not a long drawn out game.

Since the last thread died off fast and I seemingly take any excuse to plug my shit, here goes.
I wrote an (in-progress) cyberpunk novel the density of a brick (synopsis being ), and while I'm not expecting any of you to criticize it, like it or even read it, it's floating around here:
I know it's off-topic and almost unreadable, but I seem to keep on insisting to myself that anyone has any interest in anything I do.

Oh, this is a good one.

>We raiding small port in hong kong
>Whole team compromised of mages, adepts, and physads-Except for the ex-sioux soldier(me), the only mundane on the team. (We had no decker, I know.)
>One of them starts off with a manaball, cooks 2 riggers in 2 different cars, and 2 goonies overwatching the dock.
>Physad goes behind car, wipes out 2 guys in front of doorway of building, to the left of where Sioux will move to.
>Sioux rushes up against the side of the car for cover.
>badmove.trd
>Door bust open, the word "flank" has never been more appropriate.
>Sioux dude takes 15P damage, resists 6. He has 10 boxes of health. Barely made it.
>Physad gets 11P, despite being closer, resists 6.
>Next turn, move into PROPER cover, and use medkit to restore 3 boxes back.
>MFW I was the combat medic.

Make it so they really have to go through an investigation chain. Wageslaves, managers, middle managers, high mangers, research. Have the end result be a really by the books of some paper pusher saying "Our data shows that this would be the most effective and cheapest way to test our weaponry. I do not understand your problem?"

Or have them really end up against some bureaucracy where they know who caused this or did it, but they can't touch them. Really nail home this is why corps are shit.

I can't decide if I should make a bug exterminator or a vampire hunter.
What do you guys think?
Is there some way I could try to merge the two concepts?

Magical Resistance 4. Paracritter hunter, Infected slayer, spirit puncher, and general ghostbustery. I can repost a similar character I made.

sure, I'd be interested in seeing it.
Though I feel like any mages in my group are gonna HATE that guy.

That plastic bone lacing is not at all how I thought bone lacing looked... I thought it was weaving it in to the bone's structure, not overtop?

>experimental Ares weaponry (dunno what yet)

FAB IV. A specialized infectious version of FAB III, designed to be secretly given to a worker drone bug spirit so that it goes back and infects the whole hive.

When it hits normal people, it starts chewing away at their Essence, driving them nutty (especially if they're Awakened). The players investigate a several seemingly unrelated instances -a salaryman who went postal at the workplace, a devoted mother who suddenly abandoned her family and joined an underground fight ring, and a thaumaturgist who died of Drain while casting a simple spell. They had all been exposed to FAB IV, and now the PCs have to track where the leak is coming from before it spreads even farther.

user, if it's weaved throughout the bone, that includes the top.

That's why you invest in a R6 Medkit and a tacsuit. Heal and Improved Invisibility are the 2 most popular spells for mages to slap onto their teammates.

To the point where it protruding out, though?

maybe!

Would that not mess with the muscle and other such things around it?

Also, have to figure out something to do hovering.

Well, it's no good if it's only on the inside, the outside will get chipped and cracked. You've got to wrap the outside so those parts take the hits and keep it all together.

No worse than running aluminum through the marrow will mess up your bones. Probably less, because we already have experience with hip replacements and other artificial bits working within musculature.

Skimmers.

>Cyberblade
Whaaaaaaaat

It cuts right through electrical lines and data signals!*

*Presuming the lines and signals are routed through unarmored wires

Yeah, they got it right in but just went cyber-crazy.

>No worse than running aluminum through the marrow
Lacing doesn't go through the marrow, it goes through compact bone / spongy bone structure.

>The armour doesn't make her look fat
0/10 apply yourself. That TMP is also in a horrible spot.

Put an extra elbow in the cyberarm and she can reach it just fine.

Or, you know, rotate it 45 degrees counter-clockwise. Problem solved.

In actuality, the Steyr TMP is something you would probably carry on a sling, not a holster. The picture makes it look leagues smaller and less bulky than it actually is.

It probably is less bulky in Shadowrun, since it lacks the foregrip by default.

Even without the foregrip, look at it compared to a regular pistol.

As a better example here, there is the outline of the Steyr SPP (Which is what TMPs without foregrips are called... They're also semi-auto, but whatever) overtop of the Beretta M9, which is considered to be a fairly bulky pistol.

Again, it is probably not the same weapon in Shadowrun. They merely copied the name.

You're right, it's actually a... TEC-9? Whaaaat?

The only other picture reference I can find is from 4E Anniversary, but the art in there is absolute shite, so I wouldn't take it as accurate.

I always just figured it was a mesh of strands that was weaved over the skeletal structure.

This post has inspired me to make a bloodborne style hunter. Adept with Pistol and melee weapon. Not sure it'll be worth a shit in the end though

Careful with those. Had a chummer have his shake itself to pieces on a recent run.

Well at least in the SR5 handbook its a carbon copy of the real one.

Gun and blade is the standard for physads. It's hard to fuck up.

>when your elf character will never be buff enough to tuck a TMP and conceal it underarm or buy cigarettes that will kill her of nicotine poisoning if pic is taken to scale

Why even play Shadowrun?

Are there any good mods for melee weapons?

It lacks a foregrip in the SR5 rulebook.

I'm tempted to open up Pimp My Gun and start making reference pictures to make 3D renders of (practical but cool looking) Shadowrun Firearms.

Fuck, CGL cannot into guns at all.
Especially with the shotguns without suppressors part, fuck that noise. Silencer Co Salvo 12 would like to have a word with you.

>Especially with the shotguns without suppressors part
The what what what?

Gecko grip if the GM is cheeky, personalized grip if not, easy breakdown and chameleon coating for concealment.

Shotguns and revolvers can never have silencers/suppressors, according to Core 432.

>Breakdown

Yes, of course.

Revolvers can't be suppressed because they have cylinder gap. There's only been one or two revolvers in real life that were actually able to be suppressed, though that wasn't the main reason for them not having cylinder gap.

Suppressing a shotgun is just an act in futility. A suppressed shotgun can be easily heard from about 100 meters inwards, assuming a neutral amount of background noise. Then again, it's relatively the same for any rifle that isn't integrally suppressed and using subsonic ammo. I guess there's some point where you just have to tell any notion of realism to go.

There's only one revolver in the entire world(IN REAL LIFE) that can use a Suppressor, and it's the Nagant Revolver, made in the late 1800s. Said revolver is a triple-action revolver that has the entirety of the cylinder slides forward to form a seal with the barrel whenever you fire. Since there's no cylinder gap, a suppressor actually does shit to it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895

The point of suppressing a rifle or shotgun isn't to make it silent, it's to make it not ear-burstingly loud and potentially confuse listeners and misdirect them. It's easy to hear a silenced shotgun, but hard to pinpoint its location and possible to not recognize the sound if you don't have direct line of sight.

>cylinder gap

I know, it'd just be nice to see one come out in a splat. Someone built a revolver without a cylinder gap so wageslaves can have John Wayne funz without blowing their fingers off. They also quietly put out a Forbidden version with an integral silencer, because they knew the niche shadowmarket would want it. Doesn't have to be spectacular (5 Accuracy, 6P, (5cy)), it would just be interesting.

I'd wager any trained soldier would be easily able to pinpoint where the shot came from at about 50 meters, under normal conditions. Suppressing weapons without using subsonic and being a great distance away just doesn't have a point.

But why have a revolver when semi-automatics are far superior? Damn cowboy posers, all of you.

Because revolvers are immune to jamming. Or at least, if it DOES jam, you can literally just turn the cylinder and keep firing. They're infinitely more reliable than shit polymer autopistols.

fucking bangkok

Because revolvers are simpler, more reliable and easier to maintain, making them good choices for newbies, travelers and people who're just that paranoid. They lag behind in more or less everything else, given, but they're a good choice if you just want a gun that fires bullets whenever you need it to.

now i kinda want a hand auto-injector that injects Jazz solely for the reason of "Jazz Hands"

He may be talking about what happens in Shadowrun, /k/, where semi-automatic is the correct option for pistol.

It's also the option with reduced style, which makes it inferior.

I guess you can have fun with your teeny tiny magazine capacity.

Newbies need more ammo capacity, because it's very unlikely 6 shots will be enough for them, considering only about 10% of shots in a firefight actually hit. Revolvers are also a pain to load, even if you are using a speed loader.

A newbie is best off with a low-recoil semiautomatic pistol. Probably something in the 9x19mm range.

It's a matter of how you're prioritizing, where you're planning on getting into trouble and how long the average firefight in the setting and environment lasts.
Firefights are also often surprisingly short with not too many shots fired, and especially in short-range combat (which includes being jumped as well as FISH, two situations that a newbie with a weapon is disproportionately likely to find themselves in), a revolver becomes more reliable.
It's a problem of whether or not you want to risk your semi-automatic jamming, because if you haven't had training in how to field-strip one, it's going to be a useless hunk of metal until you get some free time, some new tools and an Internet connection to look up the steps on.
In the end, though, this looks like it will devolve into /k/ circlejerking if it goes any further, considering that almost everyone on /k/ has their own opinion about how firefights usually turn out, and very few of them don't let it be tainted by movies, self-conscious trivia knowledge or political opinions about certain risk groups.

Does anyone else REALLY WISH they could watch wyrm talk?
It sounds like quality programming.

If you want something a bit more objective, they do have a heavier trigger pull.

>But why have a revolver when semi-automatics are far superior? Damn cowboy posers, all of you.
Doesn't drop its casings, simpler mechanism, more room for exotic ammunition, In some circumstances it's also harder to trace the odd caliber, the weapon itself might be cheaper or easier to conceal and otherwise it might just be the shooter's personal preference. Revolvers aren't outright better than other mechanisms, nor any better than revolvers, you just need the right tools for job and the person doing it.

>Doesn't drop its casings
Caseless is the norm in Shadowrun, so that doesn't matter all too much.

Correction: It has been stated repeatedly that caseless is the norm, yet CGL have done absolutely no research on the matter and continue to write rules that only make sense for cased ammunition. Absolutely none of the risks nor upsides of caseless ammunition are mentioned where it matters, and for all intents and purposes, it would be more fitting to assume that ammunition is still cased unless you want to rewrite the weapon rules to account for caseless ammunition.

Oh hey it's just like 40k lore.

I'm running trid-star PCC Los Angeles, where the runner group, instead of wanting to become trid-studded career criminals, is trying to use the glitz and flash of the city to stay out of sight. Each character has a specific group or corporation they're on the run from, and the crowds and bustle make it easy to disappear. Your runs tend to look quiet next to Johnny Cage *tm's Big Explosion Bank Heist.

What different rules would you possibly need for caseless?

Frequency of how much you have to clean out your weapon from all the residue during a fight.

10Blade was a bigshot Hollywood surgeon until he lost his medical license due to shadowrunners assassinating one of his patience on his table via bad anaesthesia. Now he's running the shadows bitterly himself, convinced that he deserves to fuck up someone's life just as bad as some career criminals fucked up his.
That, and the cyberware workshop don't pay for itself.

Mainly rules to account for storage and handling of ammunition. The only reason caseless ammunition isn't the be-all end-all of firearms ammunition nowadays is that there are several inherent shortcomings which can be mitigated but not eliminated - mainly that caseless ammunition is heat-sensitive and fragile, leaving a lot of residue and having issues with sealing. Caseless ammunition starts cooking off quicker than cased, and that's something that warrants a rule if anything ever did.

Shadowrun doesn't even have rules for regular weapon maintenance, do you really expect it to need that? That's stuff I expect from Twilight 2000 or GURPS, where everything matters, not Shadowrun.

Technically if caseless was the standard, revolver reloads wouldn't require you to eject the empty casings which is usually a really time consuming part of the reloading as expanded casings can get stuck in cylinders needing manual ejection. So, hypothetically, revolvers would become very quick to reload and possibly faster to reload than an automatic pistol.

Is there enough information on chicago to run a varied campaign there?

Ate a burst of SMG fire yesterday. I have 10 physical boxes, and it knocked 5 right off. On the other hand, got one of the more amusing out of context stories.

"So, then my sister KOed her with an orgasm spell she kept up for several minutes. I couldn't find a pen, which sucks since Spirits can't into AR, so I scratched a note into the top of the box of fried tofu I left beside her with my combat knife, before we took the cow and left."

Store it in cassettes like der Deutsch

Cook-off is theoretically a solution that can be solved with advances in chemistry, is how I've always treated it. Same with fragility and residue. From what I understand, the caseless portion of the LSAT program is doing fairly well, though it's not as far along as the polymer-cased telescoped ammunition they're developing alongside it (which coincidentally is functionally so similar to caseless ammunition that you could, if you wanted, assume its use for most situations where caseless ammo would give benefits).

Hey chummers, I saw a flyer for shadowrun 5e at my LGS, intending to check it out tomorrow. Street level start, what should I make? I don't have much experience with SR, just a oneshot of 4e.

Street Level or Street Scum?

More importantly, the ejected casings from normal bullets acts as a heat sink, while caseless ammo just leaves the heat where it is And where it is is a pressure chamber that is going to have a load of highly energetic flammable material very, very soon.

Would cased-telescoped ammo and regular brass be interchangeable?

Flyer said Street Level.

Advanced ceramics to act as a heatsink coupled with advanced heat displacement techniques. You act as if material sciences and chemistry won't ever advance.

In that case I'd go for a gunslinger adept.

Yes.

In its current iteration, no. They wouldn't be the same size and I believe the LSAT program's cased telescoped iteration needs some fixes compared to something firing brass (I'd guess that one thing to consider for them is the way brass normally seals the chamber and expands-- Something that I know doesn't matter for shotguns but I think the metal ring in telescoped ammunition is much smaller).

Functionally, it's pretty much the same, though. It's effectively just using a cartridge made of a polymer instead of brass, and encasing the bullet entirely in propellant rather than putting all of the propellant behind the bullet, which makes the overall round much shorter and lighter than brass.

youtube.com/watch?v=PHkW-RKBXK4

I'm pretty sure these tests were conducted with the polymer casing at tech readiness level 7, which it hit a while ago. So this much is a pretty simple inclusion.

Yes. The entire Missions season is set in Chicago.

Let's not forget that the art most frequently shows the ammo as being cased what with all the CASINGS everywhere in it.

That's just because the artists love visual clutter. RPG book art is to be taken not with a grain of salt, but a pillar of it.

Just saying.
Also, ejecting casings looks cool.
And since everything in Shadowrun is mind-fuckingly stupid and nonsensical and it runs on "this is a cool thing so do it", cased ammo is what my group considers the norm because why the fuck not?
There's no rules differences between cased and caseless, there's no reason to include caseless, all the guns make no damn sense half of the time anyway, and the art always shows cased.

>There's no rules differences between cased and caseless
It's not rules, but you aren't leaving any cases around, which is important if your GM expects you to play Shadowrun like you're actually professional criminals, for whatever reason.

I like casings because every time you remember they exist it's because the floor is covered in them and it's hard to run, or because a 300-degree piece of brass got caught in your thermographic mirrorshades from a glitch complication. Incidental complications are a great tool as a GM.
But I do things different according to the game I'm running. Mercenary games demand caseless ammo for the same reason they demand you chamber things in FUTURE calibers like 6.5 Grendel and you assume that programs like ACR, the M8, LSAT, and the like can get adopted-- It's not happening now because of administrative inertia, but in the "near future" you get to imagine up the guns you wish that you were using. Which is more fun than going "It's 2075 and the UCAS still uses the M4, just altered six more times and slightly improved because this game doesn't really present a convincing reason to say otherwise except for the advent of caseless ammo, which could potentially be done through a modification".

The UCAS does actually still use an M-16 derivative. The M-23 is literally just an M-16A2 with a different handguard and a weird shroud over the magazine. I don't even think it's caseless.

Don't forget better intrinsic accuracy due to the fixed barrel

Oh also, revolvers can't use caseless unless you were to modify the action entirely. The gas would expand out of the gap behind the chamber, if not for the brass heating and expanding to close it. I don't know if there's a theoretical way to solve that problem.

Yeah, there is. Look up the Nagant Revolver (and others).

The Nagant Revolver locked the front portion of the cylinder, not the back.

The Nagant's gas-seal mechanism seals the front of the chamber though, not the rear. The rear is assumed to already be sealed by the brass cartridge itself.

im stuck at the moment /srg/. I cant decide what style of razorgirl to build. which do you guys prefer kitted out cyberarms(enched str,agi and a razor/blade/spur) with reaction enhancers or muscle aug/toner with reaction enhancers. iv got the money and ess for both but im not sure about the flavor. all I know is my girl likes to show off her arms and im not sure if its in a proud " im chromed up" kind of way or in a "look at my muscles!!!" kind of way.

Gunbunny or Missie Melee? Kitted out full cyberarms are expensive and you can put shock hands and other cyberweapons in the meat itself. Though if you are adding any kind of cybergun, I would suggest the cyberarm.