I need creature names

I'm running a game set on an unexplored alien planet. The players totally failed to come up with any good names for pretty much anything they encountered, so I decided to have one of the NPCs with them start naming things. It's become something of a running joke that he is really bad at this, but really enthusiastic about it.

For instance, he calls the creature in the image a 'cowfish', because it swims in water and has a skin pattern a bit like an ayrshire cow. A jumping creature with large mouthparts which are used like horns is called a 'ramhopper'.

My problem is, I'm struggling to come up with good names, so I was hoping that you could help me. They don't need to be especially good; in fact it's better if they aren't. I'll post some images and you tell me what you would call them. Sorry, but overly offensive names aren't usable; my players wouldn't appreciate being eaten by niggerbeasts.

Also, if you have a random name or concept for a creature, post it and I may make a picture and include it in the game.

First un-named creature: kind of like a jellyfish with a shell. Basically just floats around as far as the characters know.

A small burrowing animal, similar to a rat or rabbit. Moves by hopping on it's single hind leg, like most land animals on the planet.

A swimming creature which can launch itself out of the water and fly some distance, like a flying fish.

Loomett
Kokill
Freesher
Mowat

r8 my propositions

Clamjaw

Fly Fish

Splatterback, or splatty for short

Bobshell, its shell makes for a wonderfull musical instrument if you can clean all the slimy bits, surives by being disgusting to eat, as well as containing very little nutrition

Woonz, extremely curious, it manages to survive thanks to an extremely complex system of squeeks and grunts designed to teach the youngs what their parents learned during their lives. This amazing system seems even weirder when you know that Woonz are otherwise incredibly dumb and constantly die in stupid situations.

Kranberr, its entire body contains violent toxins, its eyes contains another toxin, a bit less powerfull

>r8 my propositions

I kind of like them, but they seem a bit too original for the NPC in question. Maybe I could have another NPC start naming things (which could in turn lead to drama) or have the creatures make noises that sound like that and name them after that (which he has done already with the 'Meeper' and the 'Squonker').

>Clamjaw
Perfect!

>48149960
>Bobshell
Excellent name and awesome little descriptions.

Local insect equivalent.

They haven't encountered this one yet, but I think it will make an impression. It's a large amphibious ambush predator, vaguely like a crocodile.

A grazing herbivore with poisonous spines and poor eyesight.

An aquatic creature I haven't actually thought of any distinctive features for yet.

A 'primitive' aquatic creature similar to the ancestral form. Digs up small shellfish in shallow water. Players suggested it might be called a 'turtlefish'.

A similar creature. These are kind of the 'missing link' between bobshells and tripodoids (basically everything else I made).

An aggressive aquatic predator which hunts in schools. Attracted to blood in the water.

The players tried to name this one themselves... they called it the 'high-heeled frog-monster'.

This thing eats seaweed.

Another aquatic creature. Haven't figured out anything about it yet, just an experiment with the visuals.

Flatbats are the most common flying creature. This is a purple flatbat.

Another flatbat, but not sure what to call it. Piebald flatbat? Zebra flatbat? Common around sea cliffs, like gulls.

Another flatbat. Green-collared flatbat?

Antfly.
Four-wing ant

Mantis Crab
Grey Crab
Spotted Mantis
Giant Enemy Crab

Beak whale? Whatever that horrible thing on its mouth is supposed to be.

Fin-Shell?
I like Turtlefish though

Stripe Shark
Clown Shark

Striped walker?
Gekko?

Manta-ray Bird
Ray Bird
Flat Bird
I do like "flatbat" too. I'd want to call them stuff like "purple flatbat", "spotted flatbat", "green-neck flatbat". If the different color-schemes are associated with different regions, I'd add that to the name, and maybe call them stuff like "New Texas Spotted Flatbat"

Well, that's a floater.

I'm going on break.

Bosvasser

sculler

scrapehopper

Skyfin

Veeky Forums user.