The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: Flakepoint and flakepoint controversy. Long story short, it's all good fa m. It's all good. New flakes and some stories. Memery and plaguelords.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:
Nishal and Iosha cuddle at the ball of 100 keks: REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will do nothing because I don't have access to it.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzWG1kZTc4MFo3b28
drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzLU9LbkQ1RlVDbzg
drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzY0I5ZmdJSFBYV0k
drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzTTM3U2FOb1RUSGs
drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzRmR1RWpiOHh5b0U
drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzZU5rTm5EZXA4T3c
drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzbHJFUTlGeU1yVGc
drive.google.com/open?id=1ydCVqshj-crDL3c29fiT1MD6LknXqxMXMDBPpiqIP80
youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

and so begins the screaming

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How different would your flake(s) be if they were planeshifted(as in born on a different plane)?

hey look, it's an updated Iosha! I made how the ship works more accessible to anyone who wants to scream to read the books, and I fleshed her out some more as her own character.
up next: Iosha's journal from the two (three?) years she spent building the ship, and the terrible things she had to do to make it.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

soon as I posted it I realised I didn't correct the spelling of Kaladesh in the Fav planes list. Kill me.

The mighty DIOMEDES would have been the weak Dio without Iroas' teachings on Innistrad. Might be literate.

Ka'koarm would just be ugly and of average size rather than monstrous and huge

SERENA THE GIANT ZENDIKAR ANGEL... Would probably have been eaten by Ulamog...

Born on Alara, Leon would definitely have gotten into the whole "knight" thing, and went Bant instead of Boros. He would lose his affinity for artifacts, but he'd still work to proect people, just with massively different motivations.

Well, considering Izari was born on Grixis and didn't have access to green mana until the Conflux, things would have been very different on another plane, never mind the mindset needed to survive on Grixis. She'd likely be a totally different character.

And it's finished. Not particularly good, but it's finished. Thoughts?

Tarkir, you accidentally put "dragonlords of Theros". Beyond that, I really like it.

Work drains my creativity, expect me to be lurking the flake thread now that I got some time off.

Maybe work on my artistry while listening to NSP

POST YOUR SHIPS!

I'm actually going to type at. Work tonight. Shits gonna be crazy.

OTP

YOU

BED

Alright. Here is my second attempt at a Domain flake. Probably the last flake I'll be making in a while since work is going to be taking up a lot more of my time.

Also, if you don't want to read the tiny text, I made a picture book out of the bios. Each pic is one brief paragraph. Hope you all enjoy it.

Pt 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzWG1kZTc4MFo3b28

Pt 2: drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzLU9LbkQ1RlVDbzg

Pt 3: drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzY0I5ZmdJSFBYV0k

Pt 4: drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzTTM3U2FOb1RUSGs

Pt 5: drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzRmR1RWpiOHh5b0U

Pt 6: drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzZU5rTm5EZXA4T3c

Pt 7: drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi4Pg34zHMzbHJFUTlGeU1yVGc

Fixed.

oh good, another 5 color flake from you that isn't actually 5 colors

Explain why the character is five colors.
For each color, quote at least one line from the bio that you've written that suits that color.

Elaborate, friendo.

Lélunde summoned up every ounce of his strength and spell capabilities to repair and maintain the plane from becoming unstable and being destroyed
> green

After he was able to save the plane from destruction, he then searched the inhabitants for someone he could entrust to protect it and become it's guardian.
> white

Lélunde is a calm, peaceful, merciful and generous being. Always valuing the virtue of others and their capacity to form trustworthy bonds and communities. He believes in being courteous and respectful of others and their beliefs, faiths, and sense of duty and honor while he is visiting their plane.
> white

He always tries to perceive things as others do, to learn their ways, their culture, their acquired knowledges. Lélunde always manages to understand people and how they perceive the world and rationalize their ways of life. He strives to master all skills and spells that he learns from people, to the point that perfecting those techniques is the only result he will settle for. Believing that potential should never be left dormant and to strive to reach one's fully potential and uncover new talents and capabilities.
> blue

Continued...

To Lélunde, power is a necessity to achieve what he does, and always looks for new ways to increase his inner strength and his ability to channel mana and craft spells. Not only for himself, but for the planes he saves and the guardians he establishes. He has a strong sense of independence and individualism for himself and doesn't allow others to dictate whether or not he should be saving planes and gifting such capabilities to his guardians. Lélunde is very ambitious with his desire to save each and every plane that he can and create his own spiritual successors. To him, failure is not an option. Perhaps it's from a sense of selfishness to keep everything he can alive and well, or perhaps a sense of greed that he wants every plane to have a piece of him to be remembered when he has left it. And even though his results are admirable, his actions of bestowing the responsibility of a plane's well being means that they give up a normal and fulfilled life. And he fully understands this. But, Lélunde believes that his method is the only way to ensure everyone's protection. And if a single life from each plane has to be derailed to achieve this, then so be it.
> black

Even with all of his virtues, Lélunde does have a weakness for the fairer gender. Often being distracted from his goals by a beautiful girl. Being so audacious sometimes to impulsively pursue a girl even if she is an aggressor towards him, believing that any person can be charmed by his allure. Though he does not overstep his bounds, Lélunde does try to put on a show for a girl to gain her favor and affection. His attraction typically goes so far as to choose a woman as his potential successor and appoint her as the guardian of their home plane. And teaches them not only his incantations, but how to nurture their individuality and show them how to be truly free.
> red

Continued...

With no others' influence to persuade their judgement or their perception and fulfillment of their duties as guardian of the plane. Lélunde also shows his guardians how to be an inspiration to their people and to find inspiration in them as well.
> red

And while Lélunde's astronomical goals are ever pursued, he does tend to have a humorous and carefree attitude. Often finding the simplest things pleasing and amusing.
> red

He accepts people for who they are deep down and promotes them living a life free from being stifled. And even though he does all that he can to protect the people of each plane he visits from injustices and natural disasters, Lélunde chooses not to intervene with the natural order of things and does not save one being only to allow another to starve because of it. He does not believe that is truly saving nature what so ever and strives to abstain from interfering with natural selection and the natural evolutionary process. Preservation of people, animals, plants, and their ways of life is what is important to him. And he never allows anything to discourage him from achieving that goal. It is his nature to be compassionate and protective, engrained into his basic instincts and strengthened by his resolve. His experiences have made him grow as an individual and made him quite wise. And because of this he is unwavering from this course and spreads his wisdom and the truth or brings about how precious life really is.
> green

Look, I don't mind if you question my flake. But, if you are going to question it, then at least take the time to read it first and you might find the answers you are looking for. Don't just ask for examples when they are already mentioned dead on in the bios just because you don't 'think' so did it properly.

>fairer gender
I believe you mean sex, cis scum

I believe I mean the word I used appropriately. Go back to 9gag kid.

Now, I'm going to sleep. I have to be up in the middle of the night. So, I'll read any responses in the morning.

It could still happen.

I mean, Gisela and Bruna are clearly in a secret bunker somewhere waiting to help their sister after cleverly tricking Emrakul into thinking one of Bruna's auras was the two of them...

Two upcoming Flake introductions soon;

1.) Ravnica born Inter Planar Bounty Hunter who may or may not be on Bolas' payroll
2.) Lorwyn Elf Walker who got his party on with Theros Satyrs before they went bonkers.

>Ravnica born Inter Planar Bounty Hunter who may or may not be on Bolas's payroll
Sounds like an okay villain in the actual Magic storyline, if you ask me. I especially want there to be a scene where Jace goes into a Ravnican diner and shows someone the dart he took from the corpse of one of the bounty hunter's victims, only to learn about a secret plane that has been mysteriously erased from Ugin's archives.

ha ha ha

Is the point of our Walker-Hunter, basically just one of the Agent's of Bolas across planes. I always appreciated an extension of the Elder Dragon's whims through a guy who's just in it for the good life.

I kina of want to make a flake, but I feel like it'd be more fun to make new flakes with other anons. Maybe it's just the DnD tradition but characters are more fun as a party.

Agreed. It's why I enjoy collaborative stories.

Serena user and I just kinda said 'hey lets rp our flakes in google docs'

Pretty easy to ask around, hell if you want I don't mind tossing Revas into another RP as long as it falls outside the current storyline on innistrad.

Alternatively you can interact with Hellion or Tyry (Lorwyn Elven Bard)

also there IS A steam group if you want to talk to your fellow flakes, ANGERFISH, Serena, and I are all members.

Just collab rp or games?

Just collab RP is all I've heard of or seen so far, but games aren't impossible. I bet some people in these threads would be up for it.

I have Cockatrice installed and also Magic Origins as well.

Hit me up in the steam group if you wanna do a few rounds for shits and gigs.

I'ma be safe and go with canon ones:

Symon/Anna
Cock/Rock
Will/Gaia
Iosha/Nishal

Did I miss any?

What kind of flake did you have in mind?

DIOMEDES ABS

Fucking delicious. Like, truly. I'm not just saying that.

Tasty tasty flavor, and just the right length.

TL:DR?

Like, really dude. Make shorter bios and just include a writefagging with it.

So how does War Gaia turn out in flakepoint? What does that constant warfare with her never going home to see her children do to her?

I'm thinking someone common and petty, definitely mono color. Maybe a blue doctor if that doesn't muddle the color pie too much, or an alchemist. Or a straight up bard might be nice, but someone did that I think.

I love mono-color flakes (as hypocritical as that sounds since I haven't made any), so I'd highly encourage more of those.

Go for it, archetypes are a ton of fun to RP and write for too.

Hah, pretty good if a bit of a telling end. I, DIOMEDES user, don't know how his story will end. Like most tales from his world, the gods in their own way would punish his hubris. Such is the Theros Tragedy of DIOMEDES

Diomedes would find himself a warrior's end on a few planes i'm certain.

In the meantime, I've been going for a Highseas sort of feel for Revas' home plane of Icos. The Plane is one giant sea faring realm which is harder to come up with mana ideas for without taking too much to assume it isn't just a giant ball of blue mana.

Basically my idea was

Mountains: Tribal Orcs/Goblins/Ogres who have a Volcano God Fetish with elemental bigguns and very primitive vessels like rafts and such.

Plains: Port-Towns to Sea-Side Cities protected by the only Organized Military in the Plane. Ships are floating fortresses with tons of well trained Marines and Soldiers.

Forest: The untamed and untouched Jungles of the realm, lots of beasts perhaps a Jungle Tribal theme with Cat/Gorilla/Rhino/Elephant morphs or just all of them as Beasts

Swamps: What else? Bloody Pirates.

Islands: Merfolk, Leviathans, Invertebrates, who all have a hard-on for sinking ships and drowning land dwellers.

Art in the works, gotta scan it and add it in but, R/G Elvish Bard who humps indiscriminately.

I thought about it a bit yesterday, and while I can't remember everything I'd decided, these were some notes I made:

She's more jaded then current Gaia. She's much more stern, too. Both Gaia's have a lot of disdain for a lot of things, but current Gaia consciously suppresses these thoughts and controls her darker side. In times of war, battle Gaia has less of a need to show such restraint. While she is not cruel, she is more ruthless, and less likely to show compassion or mercy. If she has deemed an opponent enough of a threat to merit death, no level of bargaining or pleading will prevent her from attempting to destroy that person utterly.

Still, they are not completely different. Even war Gaia respects life, and believes in showing restraint wherever possible. A few decades of war, even a planeswalker war, can't change that. However, as I said, she is less likely to show compassion in more ambiguous situations. And if she doesn't know her children are dead, in her mind she is still fighting to protect her family. She still loves them very dearly, and years of fighting out of that love has made her increasingly dedicated to her cause.

But yeah, besides the aforementioned bits, she's (unless otherwise noted in the future) pretty much still the same Gaia.

Here's my latest attempt at a flake card. Thoughts?

Aaaaand I revised the name after making it, making the second ability incorrect. Good job, me.

A blue doctor who ignited during a plague seems like a good idea. Maybe his left arm is infected, but his magic has it suppressed for now. Still, it's under wraps while he tries to find a cure for it and his people.

>The Plane is one giant sea faring realm which is harder to come up with mana ideas for without taking too much to assume it isn't just a giant ball of blue mana.

I really like the concept. Maybe the water doesn't have to be water? What if it is a different kind of liquid associated with a different mana color or something? So then you have all of these colorful seas.

Thank you.

Here's some writefaggotry for Leon on Innistrad. I'm trying to explore his character a bit more, to go a bit past 'normal human general who's also a planeswalker'.

Well it could explain also why the Merfolk are huge assholes, maybe they're Pre-Fall Atlantis with a Namor-Murder Boner because "MUH LESSER RACES"

I could argue that Innistrad is a gigantic Swamp p-much with how much black mana it oozes so I don't think Icos is too far fetched.

So who is banging who?

Ka'koarm is always banging heads

Tyry last I checked.

Who she bangin'?

Rakkor x War Milf

name?

I was thinking about it today at work, what if the Flakepoint mashed time points up to the present, so all of the current flakes who wish to participate have always been embroiled in this endless war.

>She
HAH

I'm a bit confused what you mean. Explain further.

it's not a public group, they're gonna have to friend people already in the group to join I believe.
Serena's the easiest to find.

The war never ends for Gaia, or at least her past time jumps to the present timeline. Since in lore it happened like 1000 years ago or something premending, this would let flakes in Flakepoint be apart of it.

Ok, so like a portal or something? Or a rift that lets the past of the other timeline intersect with the present of this timeline?

Well, more like Flakepoint fucked up the timeline itself fundamentally. Part of the reason people need to make Will fix it, even if he's just a happy old geezer surrounded by his friends and family.

So timelines are just colliding? How so? Like, give me a visual.

Will goes back in time to save his children from the vampires, determining that's when everything went sideways.
He does
and that's sick
but the fractures it sends throughout the multiverse kind of break it and the war Gaia fought in just continues all the way to the present and that changes each flake's (who wants to) life after and maybe before they ignited.
Flakes who were once friends now fight on opposite sides of a war that should have ended long ago
Old enemies fight back to back
Will tries to go back and fix it but something or someone is sapping his ability to traverse time.Lord Aeon
When he finally gets his ability back, he doesn't want to leave Gaia because she's dead in his timeline, but she tells him that if he has the ability to undo all of the death she's seen, he needs to.

Like, literally a collision. William fucked up the universe time rift style by trying to go back in time before the mending, so that time before the mending and after is all spilling together. Timelines on planes are all nice and neat and able to be manipulated like Dragons of Tarkir. When you do it in the Blind Eternities, and Especially when you go back pre-mending, shit gets all sorts of fucked up with causality crashing into itself. So Rakkor gets to be mounted by War Milf, and so on.

Didn't Will never ignite in that timeline? Not his user so I'm not sure, but I thought changing things basically meant he never got attacked, and thus never ignited. So she never came home from her wards on the family going off and war continues. So no time travel Will.

He finds that he hasn't ignited, maybe the timeline is jumbled up to enable this.So like in the actual flashpoint, he takes steps to remedy this, almost killing himself the first time and successfully igniting the second.

Ok, so Will's change somehow makes it so that the old planeswalker war never ends?

Forgive me. I'm so tired.

>he doesn't want to leave Gaia because she's dead in his timeline
Is she tho?

The way you described how she was linked to the plane, it would be pretty hard for her to survive once Will did his Kool-aid man impression on her plane.

Fun fact.

A long time ago in a thread far far away, an user suggested that Will sac his spark to mend hers. Then someone else suggested some other things, and lo and behold I wrote this shit
drive.google.com/open?id=1ydCVqshj-crDL3c29fiT1MD6LknXqxMXMDBPpiqIP80

I'm not sure how to rectify this now.

But yes, her death was always an option I had in mind when making her.

Well Will came back after his long absence and Flakepoint requires him being alive to go back.

I figure from what Will user said it's like he kool aid mans in, sees she's still alive and suffering from what he's done, not to mention an entire plane breaking into nothingness from the mending hitting. He says fuck this, I'm the god damn time king. Cheats death, and causes flakepoint by trying to go back in time before the mending to when the multiverse was fundamentally different so he can never get her 'trapped' there. What you wrote could be the post flakepoint ending. But now you're from Eol, so who knows. I just want Rakkor x milf action, even if not from Gaia. Avacyn killed all his friends and now he's lonely. So lonely.

I know Will user was talking about trying to get the "super + good ending" where he and Gaia end up in the world core together, serving as sleeping parents and dieties to a stable plane. Or at least that's Will's goal.

>Milf Dragon
>RakkorxTiamat OTP

Oh, that'd be good. Maybe a goal after someone motivates him to fix flakepoint?

no incest please

We need his user to give input on this string of discussion...

>Tiamat isn't on Innistrad.

Not gonna lie, the image I have of war gaia riding an armor-plated Rakkor looks like a dark-clad Galadriel riding such a fearsome beast. Like how Daenarys rides Drogon. And then lightning crackles behind them. And then metal starts playing. Because this is a 70s metal album cover.

Rakkor got done mommy issues

youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA

Who would join Belagir in a flake based rendition of Motherlover

Then think of it as I did. Read the "what are they up to now?" as the briefing. And the rest of it as a short writefagging and character refining.

The ultimate is a little weak. Make it
> -8: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have hexproof and unblockable."

too strong, tone down the muscle

Say what you will, for as straightforward and strange that "creatures can't block" is, it somehow makes an unbelievable amount of sense given what three colors are being used.

On the other hand, Hexproof and Unblockable together would pretty much just combat mono-blue on this flake.

LORD ÆON! TO THE RESCUE! How about this dick of a time lord searches out William since he knows exactly how he messed everything up in the whimey timey weavy liney. Sees that in this timeline that William's spark never ignited. So, Æon runs his fist and forces a jolt of power from Æon's planeswalker spark through William's chest to reignite his spark. This allows the two of them to go on a most excellent adventure.

Uhh... What is Domri Rade, Alex?

too powerful is what
tone it down beefcake, you're scaring the women and confusing the children